Anyone still play Dragon Quest IX?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#1 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Just wondering, because I have recently gotten re- hooked on it this summer. I've put about 20 more hours into it so far (totaling around 144 or so) and I've just recently gotten access to some really tough Grottoes.  I've almsot finished leveling all of my characters to the max for their first vocations, too!

So. Does anyone else still play this JRPG gem?

Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Moloch121
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts
I just bought Dragon Quest IV, V, VI and IX actually a little while ago. I think so far Dragon Quest V is my favorite story wise since I like the whole family thing. DQVI has the best gameplay definitely haven't started IX yet though. I need to finish VI before moving on but Animal Crossing has taken over.
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 turtlethetaffer

I just bought Dragon Quest IV, V, VI and IX actually a little while ago. I think so far Dragon Quest V is my favorite story wise since I like the whole family thing. DQVI has the best gameplay definitely haven't started IX yet though. I need to finish VI before moving on but Animal Crossing has taken over.Moloch121

Damn, I still need IV to compelte my collection of main series games :(

But where the 2D trilogy (IV, V, VI) are more about being very traditional, DQIX makes tons of changes. Full 3D, long job mastery process (instead of having seperate levels for your character and their job, each job has 99 levels to master) and a hgue amount of post game content (infinite, for all intents and purposes).  It's a slow paced but rewarding MMO- esque RPG.

But of the 2D ones I've played (V and VI) I think VI was my fav due to the job system and I liked the cast better (although the actual plot of V is superior).

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
I stopped right before what i think was the final boss. I should continue and beat it.
Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Moloch121
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

[QUOTE="Moloch121"]I just bought Dragon Quest IV, V, VI and IX actually a little while ago. I think so far Dragon Quest V is my favorite story wise since I like the whole family thing. DQVI has the best gameplay definitely haven't started IX yet though. I need to finish VI before moving on but Animal Crossing has taken over.turtlethetaffer

But where the 2D trilogy (IV, V, VI) are more about being very traditional, DQIX makes tons of changes. Full 3D, long job mastery process (instead of having seperate levels for your character and their job, each job has 99 levels to master) and a hgue amount of post game content (infinite, for all intents and purposes).  It's a slow paced but rewarding MMO- esque RPG.

But of the 2D ones I've played (V and VI) I think VI was my fav due to the job system and I liked the cast better (although the actual plot of V is superior).

Funny thing I bought all four of them months ago so I can play them slowly until Animal Crossing came out. Well I have yet to return to VI since well Animal Crossing happened. I plan on it real soon though!
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

[QUOTE="Moloch121"]I just bought Dragon Quest IV, V, VI and IX actually a little while ago. I think so far Dragon Quest V is my favorite story wise since I like the whole family thing. DQVI has the best gameplay definitely haven't started IX yet though. I need to finish VI before moving on but Animal Crossing has taken over.Moloch121

Funny thing I bought all four of them months ago so I can play them slowly until Animal Crossing came out. Well I have yet to return to VI since well Animal Crossing happened. I plan on it real soon though!

Do it! But yeah if you really love getting into the nitty gritty of JRPGs, then DQIX jsut might replace Animal crossing as your social life killer.  It's quite the awesome game.

Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts

DQ's are all I play now. When I get bored with one, I switch over to another. Currently playing V because I LOVE the storyline. I think it is the best storyline of any game ever.

Never did like the main story of IX but with all the extras thrown in it, and V, are my two favorites. I especially love the extra quests. Those smaller storylines are awesome!

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 turtlethetaffer

DQ's are all I play now. When I get bored with one, I switch over to another. Currently playing V because I LOVE the storyline. I think it is the best storyline of any game ever.

Never did like the main story of IX but with all the extras thrown in it, and V, are my two favorites. I especially love the extra quests. Those smaller storylines are awesome!

Detroit222

I agre, some of the side stories were quite neat.

Tellandris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tellandris
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Is anyone still playing?
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 turtlethetaffer

Is anyone still playing?Tellandris

I still play every now and again. I put about 35- 40 more hours on it this summer before I played something else.