Anyone else have any awesome parent/child moments?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalfan789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 finalfan789
Member since 2006 • 6514 Posts

LOL i know the topic sounds weird but, i just got a Wii today, and got off playing video games with my mom. It's the first game my moms played in her life and she was laughing and smiling the whole time. I know that this is what the Wii is set out to do, and in my house it has succeded on day 1. This is one of the best gaming experiences of my life no doubt about it, never would have i imagined playing games with my mom but the Wii accomplished that. Very touching moment to be honest.

What's the best time you guys and your parents have had with the Wii? If you live with your parents of course (im 17 and in high school so i do)

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
Not my parents' kind of thing, unfortunately...
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
Back when I was a kid, I played with my mom at Ice Hockey on my old NES.
jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts

Yeah, i've played Wii Sports with my Mum. First game we've both played.

Also, at Xmas, the whole family played Guitar Hero.. even Nana.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts
My Grandmaman, uncle, aunt, mom, and dad played wii bowling. And my uncle and dad played Guitar Hero.
Keenzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Keenzach
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts
my mom likes video games but she hasnt really playeved anything since the n64 because she says there is 2 many buttons but we have played wii sports and she even said herself she liked that it was more simple
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts
i got my mom to play guitar hero..... She failed. Then i went to practice and put it at the slowest speed (there is normal speed, slow, slower, and slowest. I put it on slowest) and she still failed, but she was laughing the whole time.
pencil025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pencil025
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts
The wii really brought my entire family together. Not that we weren't already close but I mean this more in a videogaming sense. WiiSports is definitely the favorite.
Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts

My Grandmaman, uncle, aunt, mom, and dad played wii bowling. And my uncle and dad played Guitar Hero.gotdangit

Heh, Wii-bowling ftw. That's the first game my dad and I have shared in a long while, and we were having a blast. I think the last game we played together was Grim Fandango when it was new. That was a really great memory, actually. We were vacation and just sitting there, 'till all hours of the night trying to make it through just one more puzzle before lights out, than another, and another. With bowling, we were laughing and sharing different methods of throwing the ball. Discussing te pros of our personal choice of curving it in from the side vs straight down the center. Now he has the highest score on the system (249). Not sure I'll ever be able to beat it, lol.

NESGuy83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 NESGuy83
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts
i didn't know how competitive my mom was until i brought my wii over on xmas and played bowling with her and my dad. I also played golf with my dad and grandpa, it was pretty sweet to say the least to see my g-pa play a game !!
xplay666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xplay666
Member since 2005 • 79 Posts

Back in the summer I was visiting my relatives and my aunt (who plabably never played a videogame in her life) was playing with my 3 year old cousin in Wii bowling. Very nice moment and everyone had fun.

Also my uncle, who's a huge golf guy, and I (I didn't have my wii yet and hadn't played wii sports before) were playing wii golf and I kept on kicking his @ss. I found if pretty amusing bacause I've only ever played mini-golf and have been to a driving range once.

Good times

Danicol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Danicol
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts
My dad sometimes plays links crossbow training with the wii zapper..!:P
Taggsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Taggsai
Member since 2007 • 1024 Posts
Lol, I wish my parents could play with me. My parents are both in their fifties, and my dad gets the spins watching me play.
joshsta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#14 joshsta7
Member since 2007 • 280 Posts
I played wii sports tennis with them
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 Arkthemaniac
Member since 2007 • 1237 Posts
I have moment with my mom on Castlevania, with my dad on ROTK for the playstation.
WylFret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WylFret
Member since 2007 • 428 Posts

I'm 36. My experience with my dad was Christmas 1980 (when I was 9), when we got an Intellivision. My dad and I had many hours of fun together, particularly playing baseball on it. But the day we hooked it up, he and I spent most of the afternoon and evening(after lunch and all) playing and laughing almost the whole time.

With the Wii, I'm on the parent side of the equation. My wife plays, as do my 9 and 5 year old kids. There have been a few different times playing games with the kids where you can see the light come on when they accomplish something. It's a very cool experience :)

Avatar image for baseballboy6411
baseballboy6411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#17 baseballboy6411
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts

I got my mom and dad to play wii sports once, andmy dad loves racing games and we played Need For Speed Pro Street. I OWNED him. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........................

isaak123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 isaak123
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts

Well, this Christmas I got Link's Crossbow Training practicly all Christmas day my whole family (Mom, dad, brother, grandma, grandpa, aunt and uncle.) all tried to best eachothers scores. I always came out on top but once my grandpa scored 180 on the level where you shoot the Gorons in the nuts (he was even in the army!). Also in the second stage of the first level my grandma was going crazy and saying things like, "DIE DIE!" and, "BASTARDS!!"

My dad even learned how to turn on the Wii all by himself just to play that game. I was very proud of him the first time he did it :P

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Wii Sports was the first time in my life that my parents and brother, the four of us where playing the same game and having fun. The first one who played the Wii in my house when I recieved it was my mom. She learned how to play Wii Bowling and she was very prowd, she was even teaching me how to play. Obviously, I learned better by myself and I already did the 300 score once.
Chunkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chunkman
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

unfortunatly, my parents don't really play any video games. But two of my uncles are pretty big computer gamers(like ghost recon on CoD4) so when i go to thier homes i usually have fun killin stuff with them.:P

P.S. Sorry its not wii related, well actually, i think one of my uncles was looking at getting one, so here's hoping for some wii-tacular family fun:)

mereshadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mereshadows
Member since 2005 • 358 Posts

I brought the wii to a family reunion.....

EVERYONE had a blast! It was so cool to play with my aunts uncles cousins and grandparents and so forth...

most of them bought a wii afterwards, so we're playing brawl together!

haha

Kaijin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kaijin1
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts
no, my parents dont like video games :|
JustinLeQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JustinLeQ
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Bowling with my parents and grandparents. I've gamed since Atari 2600 and not one other time have my folks joined in. I think the Wii makes people comfortable enough to try to play for the first time.