Anyone else glad to see link has actual armor on his clothes.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

If you look at his sleeves you can see metal coming out that extends to the bottom part. It is enough to be noticeable, but not throw off the classic look.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

If you look at his sleeves you can see metal coming out that extends to the bottom part. It is enough to be noticeable, but not throw off the classic look.

Mercenary848

His other clothes had Chainmail under his clothes especially Twilight Princess.

Empty_World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Empty_World
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
I hadn't noticed. I'll have to check it out.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#4 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
He had chainmail under his shirt in TP.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It doesn't make sense to have link wearing any kind of metal armor.

He's a thin elf type thing where his main forms of combat is avoiding and distance weapons.

It makes sense for him to have heavy leather armor since there's no way he's strong enough to wear metal and not move like a slug.

Then again it's tough to make cool looking leather armor in games so you're stuck with a very "pedestrian" looking character or you give him some stuff in metal that he shouldn't be wearing.

It's 50/50

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

Its just a bit of chain mail. I certainly didn't see it as a big deal

emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

Link looks very good with his green clothes. One feels very cooling playing with him as it is. The chainmail is a good addition too in twilight princess.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
As mentioned, it was already designed like that in TP.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="Mercenary848"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

His other clothes had Chainmail under his clothes especially Twilight Princess.

this. plus he's protected by magic and those heart-shaped crystals he absorbs.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

He's a thin elf type thing where his main forms of combat is avoiding and distance weapons.

It makes sense for him to have heavy leather armor since there's no way he's strong enough to wear metal and not move like a slug.

Then again it's tough to make cool looking leather armor in games so you're stuck with a very "pedestrian" looking character or you give him some stuff in metal that he shouldn't be wearing.

It's 50/50

Jaysonguy

link is a swordsman. and he uses a shield. his main form of attack is "block/dodge and slash back".

and you don't have to look like kratos or marcus fenix to be a fit person. link is a fit guy... FOR HUMAN STANDARDS.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

It's 50/50

BrunoBRS

link is a swordsman. and he uses a shield. his main form of attack is "block/dodge and slash back".

and you don't have to look like kratos or marcus fenix to be a fit person. link is a fit guy... FOR HUMAN STANDARDS.

I think Link is more a fencer (maybe that's the word they use? lol) then he's classified as a swordsman.

He's not built to trade damage

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I would describe Link as lithe or sinewy. As in he does best with quick jump in and jump out attacks. Wearing the enemy down until he goes in for the final blow.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jaysonguy

I would describe Link as lithe or sinewy. As in he does best with quick jump in and jump out attacks. Wearing the enemy down until he goes in for the final blow.meetroid8

That's how I see him too, I mean most of the games have him attacking the bad guys in quick chunks once their defenses are down

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

I think Link is more a fencer (maybe that's the word they use? lol) then he's classified as a swordsman.

He's not built to trade damage

Jaysonguy
Fencers don't use shields and the way your describing Link is against bosses, that generally range from 20 to 50ft tall. Where a shield and/or armor isn't going to do anything, hence the reason he would put more effort into avoidance. Against standard enemies, you can even see in Skyward Sword, its not about avoidance. Fencing is about defense and counterstrikes, Link is an offensive fighter.