anyone else fear the future of the wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fl4tlined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 fl4tlined
Member since 2007 • 4134 Posts

i mean theresthree major problems with the console i myself do not hate the wii (for god sakes i have one and my favorite console is the N64) but does anyone think the wii could be alot better then it is right now lets look at thosethree problems i said earlier.

1. The games:the wii attracts out of all the consoles probably the most vast/huge amount of **** games for christ sakes its as if the wii is self aware it knows one of its fan bases is casual gamers so it creates **** games for people who dont look up reviews and stuff on websites, That or make really god awefull **** ports of games in which the people know its total crap because they didnt make the game specificly for the wii...

2. The online: ok ps3 online is guilty of this to but not as much as the wii.I mean example SSMB online you can only do quick match with a two minute timer which i think sucks you can only do custom match with friend codes i mean what the hell is this? Why do you have to have a friend code to play custom match its not like you can talk to people during quick mode with strangers and make friends with them and get there code because the ****ing stupid wii speak you can only talk to people who also have friend codes...?! Soo were limited in game options because we dont have friend codes? but we cant make friends online because we cant talk to them without a friend code? Why cant they just makea child safety switch somewhere in the options? Why this inconvienence put on all of us?

3. The peripherals: you know what this is what makes me the most angry i thought the wii remote was preety cool when i saw it. I should have thought logically about it before. But i hade a horrible image in the back of my mind what motion sensing peripheral came out during the NES and was sactioned and made by nintendo...The power glove anyone remember how much fun and useful the motion sensing capibilities were oh wait...Why make a console around a whole rubbish concept. NOW WAIT THIS IS NOT A BASH no let me continue to explain i know technalogy has grown at a alarming rate yes and the wii is NOTHING LIKE THE POWER GLOVE. But it was spouse to be motion sensing when it came out it was all about stick waggling there was hardly little to any precision with it other then the only one i can remember is bowling for the wii games. But to add insult to injury they have the balls to inject all this stupid **** that supposebly turned it into what it was originally spouse to be? a racing wheel, something that turned it into a gun, etc i mean WHY? Why would we want that stuff i thought that took the whole point out of wii controler?

Then oh god they add the wii motions plus FFS just add 30$ per a controler and you can have exactly what we promised at the start except its only for a few games depending on how good the developer is at using said technology. that plus a originals gaming controler i have to pay for a seperate controler to play my old classic n64 games?!?

final thoughts: the wii does some great things for instance how it gets over is graphical short comings by using brilliant cell shading, cartoony, or hand paintedlook to mask its graphical output really well. Also i enjoy the marketplace alot more then the 360 there a much biggervariety of originals to play. Overall though i fear the future of nintendo shoot i remember back when there was no sony or microsoft gaming market but only nintendo hell they were bassicly a monopoly but do i bash that NO not in the slightest for god sakes they gave us some of the best and most memorable video games when there was no competition compared to the horse **** they give us now.

fl4tlined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fl4tlined

also anyone else saddened by the fact that one of the few good games on the wii from what i hear little king has at most 3 copies at any game store?

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Yeah not reading that but I dont think it could get much worst, I have not bought a Nintendo game since SSBB and that is over a year ago. I feel kinda negelected so it really cant get any worst to me.
kate_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kate_jones
Member since 2007 • 3221 Posts

Yes and no, I loved the n64 to death, still got my gamecube, got the wii but... It's just not marketed towards me anymore. Unless I get unfit I don't think it will be.

Nintendo isn't going to go broke by any means and the wii will continue to sell amazingly well. Just dissapointing for those of us who expected games that were more inline with what they used to make.

Gally66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 Gally66
Member since 2007 • 2322 Posts
I'm worried that the only games coming out in the near future that I will likely buy are Nintendo's franchize games; Mario and Zelda - and I will get these mostly out of principle.
mr_poodles123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 mr_poodles123
Member since 2009 • 1661 Posts
I have someone paying 450 bucks for my wii in a couple of weeks on kijiji!!!!!!!! Then, a PS3. I advise everyone to follow this route, because if the wii gets a price drop then everything is worth nothing.
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

1. There isdiamonds in that ****, stop being lazy and dig for it. I can help you find some. You can PM me if you like.

2. Super Smash brothers melee doesn't have any online to complain about.

3. No is holding a Wii Zapper to your head and forceing you to buy those controllers. In my opinion you only need three controlers, the Wiimote, the nunchuck, and the classic controller. Take it in mind that I have never used a wii wheel.

4. I have a motto for this, If you can't find it in the store use amazon (or the rest of the interwebs).

Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#8 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

I have someone paying 450 bucks for my wii in a couple of weeks on kijiji!!!!!!!! Then, a PS3. I advise everyone to follow this route, because if the wii gets a price drop then everything is worth nothing.mr_poodles123

And I advise the opposite course of action. :?

mr_poodles123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mr_poodles123

[QUOTE="mr_poodles123"]I have someone paying 450 bucks for my wii in a couple of weeks on kijiji!!!!!!!! Then, a PS3. I advise everyone to follow this route, because if the wii gets a price drop then everything is worth nothing.Luigi12901

Why would that be? The PS3 has 10 good games coming out over the next year, and how many does the wii have over the next 5 years?
Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#10 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

[QUOTE="Luigi12901"]

[QUOTE="mr_poodles123"]I have someone paying 450 bucks for my wii in a couple of weeks on kijiji!!!!!!!! Then, a PS3. I advise everyone to follow this route, because if the wii gets a price drop then everything is worth nothing.mr_poodles123

Why would that be? The PS3 has 10 good games coming out over the next year, and how many does the wii have over the next 5 years?

Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Zelda Wii, Metroid: Other M, Metroid Prime Trilogy, just to name a few.

My point being, the Wii has good games coming, just like the PS3 does. I respect your decision to sell your Wii, however.

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
The problem is that too many non gamers got into video games when xbox and PS2 came out. They made video games "cool." All those people who play "hardcore" games like Halo, COD, GTA, Gears etc... are too good to play Nintendo now. This is what it is like with EVERY one of my friends that has a 360. They have 5-6 games(which i mentioned already) and then trash on how the Wii is kiddie beacuse of Brawl and SMG. Then to add insult to injury, 3rd parties put out alot of crappy ports and shovelware and take focus away from the hardcore gaming the Wii has to offer, and replace it with Carnival games. Then people forget that the Wii has great hardcore games like Madworld, No More Hereos, Godfather, Manhunt 2, Nintendo Games, House of Dead, Conduit, MP Series etc... However, some of these games sell a lot of copies over time, Wii games have legs that PS/Xbox games dont have. They just sell a ton the frist 2 months, then nothing. Wii is a great console, i have 40+ games, not to mention 25+ Wiiware/VC ones, and have never had more fun with a console. It has flaws, but they all do. Dont be a fanboy of a certain console, just play games that are good. SMG is just as good as any 360 game, but for some reason these hardcore people dont think so.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

That is the way it is. That is why every time I talk to people I tell them you need at least 2 gaming sets to get by this generation. We have heard suda 51 say that after no more heroes 2, it's over. The makers of Muramasa the demon blade have said they are thinking about the other systems and now we have the bloom blox creators or whatever saying that the 3rd game could end up on the other systems. This means that the second game of bloom blox must have sold like crap.

Sega will proably always support the wii but their games haven't done so well either. The Conduit and Madworld both failed. House of the Dead Overkill seemed to do ok, but that just goes to further show that veteran games can't sell on wii. Light gun games aren't veteran by any means, Nights and Deadly Creatures also failed. Zack and Wiki and Batallion Wars 2 also didn't do so hot. When all of these veteran games come out and fail. Little King's Story failed in Japan, but then again what has been successful over there besides Wii Sports and Fit?

The Wii is only known for like 5 games, Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Mario, Zelda, and Metroid. 51 million users and all they play is 5 franchises, wow. Nice job on Nintendo getting people to play games. This just goes to prove that just because you have the biggerst user base doesn't mean you get the most sales.

I am not really about the future of Wii because it will have games, but if you are a veteran gamer and think that Nintendo is finally going to start appealing to you more, forget it.

Butyou can't really blame Nintendo. For a whole decade they struggled to get sales because they appealed to the veteran gamer more and figured"why should we appeal to you when you don't buy our games anyway?" They now turn aprofit on every Wii sold because of Wii Sports andFit.

I want to say the Wii is going to be awsome but, everytime everyone here gets excited for X game, most of the time in turns outjust"good." I am surprised thatLittle King's Story scored so high.

The Wii is fun don't get me wrong. There are some stellar games on the system, but it hardly matches to theNES, SNES, N64. Ithink that even the GC isstill better thanWii and was better than theWii is now at thelet's just say the 3 year mark since we are only about 3 months away from it

On GC You had Mario Sunshine, Smash Bros Melee, Wave Race, Monkey Ball, Monkey Ball 2, Eternal Darkness, Star Fox Adventures, Metroid Prime,Mario Kart Double Dash, MarioGolf, Pikmin Baten Kaitos, Prince of Persia, Soul Calibur 2, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, F-Zero, Bulders Gate, Burnout 2, Need For Speed Underground. Pikimin, Pikmin 2, Resident Evil 0. Mortal Kombat Deception (even though itcame out for GC later than the other versionsI am still counting it within the 3 year mark) Viewtiful Joe, Viewtiful Joe 2, Pikmin 2, Paper Mario 2, BeyondGood and Evil.Metroid Prime 2, Tales of Symphonia, Turok Evolutions, Mega Man X command mission. Mega Man Battle Network. Prince of Persia, the warrior within. Megaman Anniversary Collection. Hitman 2.

You see where I am going with this. Can anybody name 36 retail gameson Wii that are for the most part great games. I know I have a few in there that didn't live up, but my point is Nintendo actually tried back in those days and in previous generations.There is like only half as many great games maybe lessat the 3 year mark for the wii andoverdouble the software the GC had. That is pretty lame. Thisalso goes to show, just because you have more games, doesn't mean you have more or better quality.

fl4tlined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fl4tlined

i agree its just i hope not to see nintendo milking there few franchises to keep the money train going i think there doing a preety good job super mario galaxy i thought was a amazing game and hade the best story ive seen in a mario game to date. not saying the system is crap it would just be nice to see more games on the system that are worth playing other then some mini games and rehash of stuff we already been playing

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamenerd15

It's funny how nobody can name veteran wii games without naming PS2 ports. Manhunt 2, Godfather, Bully, Scarface, Okami, and others are not wii games.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamenerd15

Exactly my point fl4tlined, you hit the nail on the head. I mean sure there are games in every genre on Wii, but for the most part a lot of these games are ports from PS2 or GC and there is a lack of actual Wii games. Other than Nintendo themselves and Capcom a little, who has really made a game that is worthwhile? Nintendo hasn't "revolutionized" anything. I think it is safe to say that the Wii didn't live up to what it was supposed to be and anyone actually saying it does is very blind and is forced to think it because it's the only system they own.

Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Burning-Sludge

I am sorry but I strongly believe that the gamecube Sucked! There Were less playable games on the Gamecube during it's whole life than whats is on the Wii now. Not to mention how premature it died. It was up in 01 and out in 04 and officialy discontinued in 06. The gamecube was terrible except for how durable but who would want to not break it.

Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Burning-Sludge

It's funny how nobody can name veteran wii games without naming PS2 ports. Manhunt 2, Godfather, Bully, Scarface, Okami, and others are not wii games.

gamenerd15

What is wrong with PS2 ports?

Zmario111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zmario111
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I am sorry but I strongly believe that the gamecube Sucked! There Were less playable games on the Gamecube during it's whole life than whats is on the Wii now. Not to mention how premature it died. It was up in 01 and out in 04 and officialy discontinued in 06. The gamecube was terrible except for how durable but who would want to not break it.

Burning-Sludge
Thats probably why they replaced it with the Wii.
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
I bought LKS yesterday and i dont even own a wii. Its sort of sad, everyone i know that owns one, hasnt had a console for years, probably since their N64s, and they dont seem to care about them anymore. They just sit around collecting dust. I only bought the game because none of them would care if i borrowed theirs :?
Zmario111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zmario111
[QUOTE="Witchsight"]I bought LKS yesterday and i dont even own a wii. Its sort of sad, everyone i know that owns one, hasnt had a console for years, probably since their N64s, and they dont seem to care about them anymore. They just sit around collecting dust. I only bought the game because none of them would care if i borrowed theirs :?

I still have my N64 and enjoy the games much more then Wii titles.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamenerd15

It wasn't done in 04. Plenty of games came out after 04.

Why buy a wii for $250 when you can buy a PS2 for $100 or less and get quite a few of the same games and for like half the price since they have been out for 2 years already on the PS2? I'ts not like the controls are being completely overhauled for the Wii version and even in some reviews they comment that the Wii controller just isn't suited for some of these games like Manhunt DBZ budokai Tenkaichi, guilty gear, metal slug collection, Brothers in arms with no muliplayer, Basroque, Then you have The GC remakes like Mario Tennis, Pikmin 1 and 2, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, the GC version of RE 1 which is a PS1 game to begin with. Then you have games like Klanoa which are a somewhat but not by much enhancement of PS1 games. Then you have Tenchu which is basically a PSP game. The Final Fantasy game on Wii is basicallya game built for DS and then ported toWii.A signifigant part of the Wii's library is a junkyard of games from previous generations. When I paid $250 I expected a bit more than just this. They are very few gameson the system which take advantage of the controls and hardware. What does the Wiihave like 350 or so games on it, but only like 15-20 games actually use the controller in some way and even they don't blow your mind that much. Mario Strikers and Sluggers weren't that much better than their previous installments. Yes strikers had online, but I still feel that just adding minor things with online short changed fans. The motion plus just came out but there are only like 4games that are confirmed to use itso far.

We have Red steel 2, WiiSports Resort, Tiger 10,and the EA Tennis game. You have Nintendo of America still not publishing Fatal Frame 4.Then you have genre's that are purely outdated at this point such as the light gungame genre. Yeah I played Area 51 and House of the Dead and liked them, but that was back in theN64/PS1 era of gaming when it was acceptable. To make a Resident Evil Spinoff andhavearound that genre isnot acceptable in this day and age. Ghost Squad as well.Animal Crossing other than Wii speak is basically the GC version with the DS type of style and presentation. Then some games play better with the classic controller, so your paying$30 dollars for classic control that is superior than the supposed "revolutionary" controller.If I am just going to use the classic controller to play mysome of my Wii games, why bother playing Wii at all?

I would honestly hate tobe a wii only owner, and I feel bad and sorrythehighest extent for those people who honestly don't have/can't afford one other ones to go along with their wii, not because I am one of these "core" shootersall the time people, but because the wii owners are getting cheated and shafted by not only 3rd parties, but also by Nintendo themselves to a degree.No one should have to put up with friend codes or no online at all because of hardware issues.Mario Bros Wii won't have online because the Wii can't handle it they say. To sit there and watch the other 2 companies announce franchises associated with their brands like Halo, God of War, Crackdown 2, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo 5, Forza 3 catering toowners of previous systems of their brands while all Nintendo hasdone is Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and to a much lesser extent Batallion Wars 2 withoutStar Fox, Pilotwings, F-Zero, Wave Race, Kirby, orDonkey Kong in sight. That is also iNEXCUSABLE. I don't carehow the fanboys spin it, The Wii has been out for 3 years for the msot part. It should have had at least announced F-zero and Star Fox by now.

I am not one to sell systems, but if at E3 2010 Fox McCloud and Captain Falcon are not present in any shape or forem, then I am going to have to do the nasty and get rid of the white box. Why should I hang on to a company that doesn't care about the veteran Nintendo player's needs? It's going to take more than a new Zelda to charm me back to stating that the Wii is a cool system to own. Because as of right now, you are paying almost $300 including you bought a classic controller, for games that are already on cheaper systems with the only cool games being from the big N themselves and even some of those are barely different than their GC counter parts.

Metroid Prime Trilogy is cool that they went back and did the controls for the first 2 games over, but in a sense is also lame because it's just a rehash of games people already played. There is no bonus content upgraded graphics to be on par with the 3rd game or anything other than added controls.

Nintendo is so cheap they didn't even put an ethernet jack on the Wii. I don't care, you can't say your in it for everybody and screw over people who have wired connections. I don't need wireless in my home since there is really only one computer that gets used.

Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Burning-Sludge

Why buy a wii for $250 when you can buy a PS2 for $100 or less and get quite a few of the same games and for like half the price since they have been out for 2 years already on the PS2? I'ts not like the controls are being completely overhauled for the Wii version and even in some reviews they comment that the Wii controller just isn't suited for some of these games like Manhunt DBZ budokai Tenkaichi, guilty gear, metal slug collection, Brothers in arms with no muliplayer, Basroque, Then you have The GC remakes like Mario Tennis, Pikmin 1 and 2, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, the GC version of RE 1 which is a PS1 game to begin with. Then you have games like Klanoa which are a somewhat but not by much enhancement of PS1 games. Then you have Tenchu which is basically a PSP game. The Final Fantasy game on Wii is basicallya game built for DS and then ported toWii.A signifigant part of the Wii's library is a junkyard of games from previous generations. When I paid $250 I expected a bit more than just this. They are very few gameson the system which take advantage of the controls and hardware. What does the Wiihave like 350 or so games on it, but only like 15-20 games actually use the controller in some way and even they don't blow your mind that much. Mario Strikers and Sluggers weren't that much better than their previous installments. Yes strikers had online, but I still feel that just adding minor things with online short changed fans. The motion plus just came out but there are only like 4games that are confirmed to use itso far.

We have Red steel 2, WiiSports Resort, Tiger 10,and the EA Tennis game. You have Nintendo of America still not publishing Fatal Frame 4.Then you have genre's that are purely outdated at this point such as the light gungame genre. Yeah I played Area 51 and House of the Dead and liked them, but that was back in theN64/PS1 era of gaming when it was acceptable. To make a Resident Evil Spinoff andhavearound that genre isnot acceptable in this day and age. Ghost Squad as well.Animal Crossing other than Wii speak is basically the GC version with the DS type of style and presentation. Then some games play better with the classic controller, so your paying$30 dollars for classic control that is superior than the supposed "revolutionary" controller.If I am just going to use the classic controller to play mysome of my Wii games, why bother playing Wii at all?

I would honestly hate tobe a wii only owner, and I feel bad and sorrythehighest extent for those people who honestly don't have/can't afford one other ones to go along with their wii, not because I am one of these "core" shootersall the time people, but because the wii owners are getting cheated and shafted by not only 3rd parties, but also by Nintendo themselves to a degree.No one should have to put up with friend codes or no online at all because of hardware issues.Mario Bros Wii won't have online because the Wii can't handle it they say. To sit there and watch the other 2 companies announce franchises associated with their brands like Halo, God of War, Crackdown 2, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo 5, Forza 3 catering toowners of previous systems of their brands while all Nintendo hasdone is Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and to a much lesser extent Batallion Wars 2 withoutStar Fox, Pilotwings, F-Zero, Wave Race, Kirby, orDonkey Kong in sight. That is also iNEXCUSABLE. I don't carehow the fanboys spin it, The Wii has been out for 3 years for the msot part. It should have had at least announced F-zero and Star Fox by now.

I am not one to sell systems, but if at E3 2010 Fox McCloud and Captain Falcon are not present in any shape or forem, then I am going to have to do the nasty and get rid of the white box. Why should I hang on to a company that doesn't care about the veteran Nintendo player's needs? It's going to take more than a new Zelda to charm me back to stating that the Wii is a cool system to own. Because as of right now, you are paying almost $300 including you bought a classic controller, for games that are already on cheaper systems with the only cool games being from the big N themselves and even some of those are barely different than their GC counter parts.

Metroid Prime Trilogy is cool that they went back and did the controls for the first 2 games over, but in a sense is also lame because it's just a rehash of games people already played. There is no bonus content upgraded graphics to be on par with the 3rd game or anything other than added controls.

gamenerd15

Paragraph 1. The wii si not going to go out of style as soon as the PS2.

Paragraph 2. How can a genre ever become out dated? If you didn't have the classic controller you would wine abut the games having no good control.

Paragraph 3. It seems like you are bashing Nintendo because you can't use you'r fancy pancy Fios and because Nintendo's games aren't high enouth ESRB ratings or not "gritty and gray" enough for your "Hardcore" ***.

Paragraph 4. If You Sell the Wii no one would care, but you wouldembarrass your self if you rebuy your wii in 3 years after saying how much it sucks in walls of text.

Paragraph 5. Didn't you just complain about games coming to the wii and not geting revolutionary controls?

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

Why should I hang on to a company that doesn't care about the veteran Nintendo player's needs?gamenerd15

How can we have a rational discussion if you think playing video games is a 'need'?

I don't fear the future of the Wii. I bought the Wii so I could play Nintendo's first and second-party games. So far, they've been really fun, and I'm excited for their upcomming games.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gamenerd15

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

Burning-Sludge

Paragraph 1. The wii si not going to go out of style as soon as the PS2.

Paragraph 2. How can a genre ever become out dated? If you didn't have the classic controller you would wine abut the games having no good control.

Paragraph 3. It seems like you are bashing Nintendo because you can't use you'r fancy pancy Fios and because Nintendo's games aren't high enouth ESRB ratings or not "gritty and gray" enough for your "Hardcore" ***.

Paragraph 4. If You Sell the Wii no one would care, but you wouldembarrass your self if you rebuy your wii in 3 years after saying how much it sucks in walls of text.

Paragraph 5. Didn't you just complain about games coming to the wii and not geting revolutionary controls?

Stop calling me some fancy pants crap. Only making the Wii wireless is a stupd decision considering that PC's and the other systems can do both. all ISP can do wired. It isn't about ratings or hardcore anything. The way you read in betweens lines is astounding. I never talked about the wii going out of style I just said few games use it's unique capabilities. Light games are outdated. They were cool for a 50 cents in the arcade, but to pay 50 dollars in this age, no way. I am not going to pay $30 dollars for USB adaptor. I am not going to switch my connection around just to play the 10 games that can go online and are hassle to get started because of friend codes. The motion control is Nintendo's main reason for people buy the system and yet, most games don't use it heavily. All I am asking is for is games that appeal to long time players such as the games mentioned above. I was using games from the other companes as examples and I don't see how any of those games are gray at atll. It shows how much you know about games. In 3 years after 2010 the new Nintendo will probably be coming out, so honeslty I couldn't care less about the Wii if thenew set is going to come out?You misread paragraph 5.I just said that there isn't any other bonuses other than controls on2 to 7 year old games. I find it shameful that rehashes are what excite Wii owners while the other systems actually get new games.

How is my post a wall of text. You comment that I make 5paragraphs, but somehow it is a wall of text?All I can say is you shouldn't go to college because the teachers have you read material with noparagraph breaks at all. If your fine with40%of the Wii's library being remakes andlast gen ports fine, but don't sit there and say that the wii is completely fine and that it is acceptable to buygames 3 years old for almost fullprice. The TC asked a question and I answered it. Yes I believe in fully the answering the post in detailed response unlike the2 sentence answer most give. If you got a problem with that,then don't respond back to me, because this is what you will get everytime

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gamenerd15

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]Why should I hang on to a company that doesn't care about the veteran Nintendo player's needs?aransom

How can we have a rational discussion if you think playing video games is a 'need'?

I don't fear the future of the Wii. I bought the Wii so I could play Nintendo's first and second-party games. So far, they've been really fun, and I'm excited for their upcomming games.

The needs/wants of the veteran gamer. Your being too exact. Of course no one "needs" to play games. It isn't a need for life. I meant a need as in the players needs as far as gaming goes. I just remembered why I don't come here to the wii forum anymore. People blow what I say out of proportion.

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

How is my post a wall of text.

gamenerd15

Because it goes on and on and on and on ... blah blah blah ... Nintendo's doing everything wrong.

stoneyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 stoneyjack
Member since 2008 • 262 Posts

yeah, but there comming out with titles like mario galaxy 2, zelda, new super mario bros. wii, metroid prime trilogy, red steel 2, no more heros 2, metroid other m. I think thats plenty of hardcore games that are comming out in the next year. think about last year, what did we have? animal crossing... nintendo has deffinately made an imporvement from last year, and im excited to hear about what they release in the comming years, but you can go out and get a new consol, it just means theres gonna be more games for us.

stoneyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 stoneyjack

you should just get an xbox or ps3, you seem really angry with nintendo

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gamenerd15

I have all 3 systems.

I am saying that Wii onwers should demand a bit more from Nintendo and 3rd party games. The TC asked a question and answered it in detail I am not going to edit myself because it isn't short. If someone has something to say, they should say it. Even now there is a topic "where are all the fighting games." He's got a point where are they on the Wii. There is Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Guilty Gear accent core, and Mortal Kombat Armageddon. 2 of those games also came out on you guessed it, the PS2. No one in the west really knows who Tatsunoko even is really outside of Speed Racer. A few people know Samurai Pizza Cats. This is exactly what I am talking about. Plus companies have done rereleased old games with added features at a next to nothing price and none of them are on Wii as well. Smash Bros isn't a fighter, it's a party game.

Street Fighter 4, Soul Calibur 4, Mortal Kombat vs DC, Tekken 6, Blazblue, Dead or Alive 4, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Battle Fantasia, Mortal Kombat 2, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 have all been released where?

Anyway my point is that wii has a whole bunch of games but yet there are still topics asking where things are. Even some of the industry analysts comment that Nintendo's e3 was good overall but it still was missing a little. What does that tell you?

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamenerd15

I am angry with Nintendo because they market last generation games to their new market and call it brand new and it isn't at all. They charge $30 for something that is not worth that much. Sorry if I like to watch out for the well being of other people and what they should be demanding but aren't. I payed real money like everyone else did, yet a lotof the veteran games are games I could have played on PS2. I just find it shameful that other people think that they are being treated on equal footing with the other companies. Everytime someone like me comes in and questions Nintendo the only responses are to buy the last gen ports or bash the other consoles and say that it has nothing but shooters and talk about core gamers and how it is garbage.

mr_poodles123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mr_poodles123

I am angry with Nintendo because they market last generation games to their new market and call it brand new and it isn't at all. They charge $30 for something that is not worth that much. Sorry if I like to watch out for the well being of other people and what they should be demanding but aren't. I payed real money like everyone else did, yet a lotof the veteran games are games I could have played on PS2. I just find it shameful that other people think that they are being treated on equal footing with the other companies. Everytime someone like me comes in and questions Nintendo the only responses are to buy the last gen ports or bash the other consoles and say that it has nothing but shooters and talk about core gamers and how it is garbage.

gamenerd15

Exacto mundo. Wii= gamecube with motion controls.

Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Burning-Sludge

gamenerd15

Some of the PS2 ports are more like multiplats due to some of them coming out at the same time on both consoles. I am sure you are familiar with multiplats.

Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Burning-Sludge

Exacto mundo. Wii= gamecube with motion controls.

mr_poodles123

It's more like PS2 with Motion controls becaus the Gamecube died too early to get PS2 games because the Gamecube was that bad. The PS2 came out earler and lasted longer than the Gamecube and it is still alive because Sony makes money on it.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamenerd15

I do know about mltipalts but why would i buy a game like guilty gear which doesn't go well with motion controls on wii? Maybe I was harsh on the system but I mean come on it's been 3 years and only 2 handfulls of games use the technology extrememly well. Nintendo is just playing it too safe. The same with Manhunt 2, in that game the A button did everything while the PS2 had different buttons for different things. Really what is the difference between mario baseball and sluggers? It's just this type of thing I am tired of hearing about. When you see the other systems have games that show off their abiliities and then you look over at the Wii and still see that it doesn't offer that much above what the GC was, you start to wonder what you paid for. Most of the Sega games are pointless to buy on the WII VC because of the genesis collection that isn't on wii. Why pay 8 dollars per sonic when you can pay 30 and get all the sonics plus 45 other games? It only is a matter of time before other companies start doing that and then the VC is meaningless other than the old Nintendo games.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gamenerd15

It should be like any other system with motion controls. It should be it's own system that uses motion control well.

ravemast117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ravemast117
Member since 2005 • 486 Posts
Yeah not reading that but I dont think it could get much worst, I have not bought a Nintendo game since SSBB and that is over a year ago. I feel kinda negelected so it really cant get any worst to me.wooooode
Haha, that's the same way I feel. I haven't bought a game in FOREVER. The last game I got was GH: World Tour, I might get MK Wii soon though..
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Burning-Sludge

It should be like any other system with motion controls. It should be it's own system that uses motion control well.

gamenerd15

The thing is that other systems don't have motion controls and that Nintendo managed to do that without burning money like Sony.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
*quickly skims* uuuh... ignore the shovelware, stop blaming "casual" players, dont get peripherals if you dont want to, they're not obligatory for the games, and the online's improved alot since brawl. follow these instructions and you'll be just another happy wii owner, like me.
dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

The thing people need to realize about the Wii's game situation (well, a lot of people see it, but some apparently don't).

The Wii hasdone betterthen theXbox 360 and PS3 2009 (game wise, but what else would I be going off of?)...and it really isn't close.

I find it funny that even when the Wii is beating out the other consoles, and releasing a ton of great games, it still gets criticized because "It has SOME bad games, so clearly it sucks!!".

Play the games please, forget about something you don't have to own=problem solved.

Zmario111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zmario111
The Nintendo 64 had the best games ever. I dont like the Wii or X-Box 360 as much as I liked the N64.
stoneyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 stoneyjack

*quickly skims* uuuh... ignore the shovelware, stop blaming "casual" players, dont get peripherals if you dont want to, they're not obligatory for the games, and the online's improved alot since brawl. follow these instructions and you'll be just another happy wii owner, like me.BrunoBRS
yes!

1-Up_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 1-Up_Gamer
Member since 2009 • 483 Posts

Play the games please, forget about something you don't have to own=problem solved.

dragonball3900

That's the problem, the fanboys are just ignorant about the Wii. They won't know a clue until they give it a shot themselves.

Anyway, I don't get it why some gamers are still bitter about the Wii's future. We have a new Mario, Metroid, and Zelda on the way, a bunch of thrid parties, improved online after Brawl, and the same upsides everyone's been saying for a long time now. Yet some just don't see that.

If there's one thing I know for sure, it's that you can't please everybody. There's always going to be an opposing view no matter what.

ronisize15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 ronisize15
Member since 2008 • 143 Posts

Are some of you guys on METH? First anyone saying te Conduit failed needs to think before they type. Conduit has only been out for a month, give it time before you call it a failure. Second have you Wii haters seen what is coming out for us in late 09 and 2010? The wii hasn't even peeked yet, and I am stoked. These people that say I haven't bought a game for the Wii since Super Smash brothers, tough lose for you. Shouldn't this question be on the PS3 message board instead?

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#45 TheKungFool
Member since 2006 • 5384 Posts

The frustrations I'm personally having with my Wii are all related purely to the games.......

NINTENDO seems to be the only company that can make qualitygames for its system. The first party stuff is absolutely fantastic and of the highest quality, but one you get passed the Mario-Zelda-Metroid titles, there is an almost disasterous drop in quality of the other releases.

3rd party support has been lackluster at best.Sure,the important companies like SEGA, SQUARE-ENIX, KONAMI, EA,CAPCOM and such are throwing games up on the Wii, but those companies are focussing on the PS3 and 360, andthier Wii games tend to come across almost as afterthougts. RE:Umbrella Chronicles was kinda fun, but it wasn't RE5. Final Fantasy:Crystal Chronicles is okay to have around, but even most FF fans hold it on a lesser level than the main FF releases. Konami's Silent Hill effort on Wii isn't looking favorably comparable to what SH fans have come to expect, and even though Nintendo's own Metroid Prime 3 proved a decent shooter is possible on the Wii, EA decided to make Dead Space Extraction an "on rails shooter" thusly taking much of the controll away from the player. People who played last year's Dead Space on PS3/360 aren't going to be impressed with the Wii version being on "rails".

SOLUTION:

Its quite simple; companies need to remember that the Wii-mote isn't the only controller compatible on the Wii.

Why can't companies design a game that uses the NGC or Classic controller? Is there some LAW somewhere that says a Wii game MUST be playable with the Wii-mote!?

Sure, they wouldn't have quite the same graphics as a PS3/360 release, but its not like the Wii looks bad by any means.I think the concept that any Wii game HAS TO USE Wiimotes as the controlmethodis preventing the Wii library from including games it otherwise could have gotten.

Again, not saying the Wiimotes aren't fun or good for certain games, but look at how many PS3/360 titles could have easily been ported to the Wii and controlled with the use of either the NGC or Classic paddle.

ronisize15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 ronisize15
Member since 2008 • 143 Posts
You can use the classic controller on Fifa 08, Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart so some games do use the contoller
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#47 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
anyone else fear the future of the wii?fl4tlined
No, what we are seeing now pretty much is the future of the Wii. The Wii has been out since late 2006, so it is going on three years old now, and I have owned it for about two of those years. I have seen about what kinds of games and graphics and features we can expect to see from the Wii, I have seen the rate at which must-have titles are released for it. The only thing that's left to do, is experience all of those great games on the system. The Wii will still probably receive a steady addition of new games for the next two or three years, so there will be gaming to be had.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
You couldn't post these thoughts in one of the fifty gazillion topics asking this same questio, better yet all you had to do was view the responses because they are the same everytime. I look forward to a future where people will stop posting these topics.
TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#49 TheKungFool
Member since 2006 • 5384 Posts

You can use the classic controller on Fifa 08, Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart so some games do use the contollerronisize15

Yes, I know, but none ofthose games fit what I was talking about. Firstly, games like Mario Kart and Smash Bros are designed for the Wiimote and use the NGC or Classic controller secondarily, and secondly, your examples are frist party Nintendo titles or sports titles which are already well made.

My point is that there are tones of great games that could have been Multiplats, or at least later ported to the Wii if the NGC or Classic controller was used PRIMARILY for those titles. Take KONAMI's "Silent Hill Homecoming",ELECTRONIC ART's "Dead Space" or pretty much ANY of SQUARE-ENIX's RPGs...aside fromthe graphics not looking quite as nice, what would be so wrong with3rd Party companies making Wii gamesthat specifically still use the NGC or Classic Paddle!?

Basically, I'm saying the reliance on the Wiimotes is preventing the Wii from rounding out its lineup with 3 party titles (that are intended for a regular controller)