Anyone a little disapointed with...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_hsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 the_hsoj
Member since 2006 • 1289 Posts

The news about the Wii Stars Wars game.I was and still am looking foward to a lightsaber with wii controlls, but it is disapointing that the game is going to be a Froce Unleashed port. I mean Force Unleashed looks good and im glad a Star Wars game is comming to the Wii, but the Wii dosen't have the best history with ports, especially ones from console that are technologicaly better. I'll we can do is hope that it turns out similarly to RE4 where the Wii version is better (all though that was orignally a gamecube game so it is a bit different).

EDIT: here is the link

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Yeah, I'm a little worried about the port part.Let's hope we get one that was built from the ground up.
SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#3 SuperMario_46
Member since 2006 • 4960 Posts
I though it was going to be another bad online thread :P, but im not having any hopes for this, its probably going to be a lousy port.
kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#4 kittykatz5k
Member since 2004 • 32249 Posts
it's a lame ass port, give it attention and you'll only encourage more in the future.
Omni-Jpah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Omni-Jpah
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I was hoping for a first person star wars game, but Im really looking forward to this game. Maybe one day my dream will come true.
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts
Sucks that the first game with 1:1 sword fighting is going to be a port...Not only a port but a port by Ubisoft. DAMN IT.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
Well let's see how it works out. (Probably badly)
Icegoten200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Icegoten200
Member since 2005 • 595 Posts
Hopfully it wont be all bad.
Keenzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Keenzach
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts

it's a lame ass port, give it attention and you'll only encourage more in the future.kittykatz5k

star wars + lame = not possible

how would you know it would suck being u havent played the game on any system? and another thing why do u care if the wii gets ports Im glad, there were alot of games last gen I missed out on because of the cube and Im sure alot more ppl feel the same

yanwasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 yanwasp
Member since 2007 • 136 Posts
I for one do not want to see ports. I'd rather have original games instead of crappy ports with tacked on waggle controls.
Conver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 Conver
Member since 2003 • 3300 Posts
Keenzach you realize that you can play Gamecube games on the Wii... right..?
Zero_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 Zero_Space
Member since 2007 • 659 Posts
Well, I don't plan on getting force unleashed on my Wii. I'll get it on my 360.
TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
Most Wii ports have been from PS2 games so far, so Im not sure what everyone here is complaining about. Forced Unleashed would be a port from a high end system, rather than PS2.
ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts
this is better than just getting lego star wars for the wii... plus if this game sells well on the Wii, there is a good chance they will make a more Wii specific Star Wars game.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 Arkthemaniac
Member since 2007 • 1237 Posts
Don't prejudge a future game due to a console's history with games of that type. It's all about execution. Hopefully, they will put alot into it.
Keenzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Keenzach
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts

Keenzach you realize that you can play Gamecube games on the Wii... right..?Conver

yes do u know what Im talking about no Im saying that the gamecube missed alot of good games that came out for ps2 and xbox and if the wii gets a port Im glad

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Urr name one game thats been downported to wii so far...
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

Oye, naysayers unite!

Anyhoo, you guys can all sit in here and just bash everything just for the sake of being negative, I'll be waiting and excited for what hopefully will be a kick ass Star Wars game for the Wii FINALLY, until I hear any different. Personally I only read IGN's article, and what I read from that is that it's a Wii "iteration" of the game. While in all reality that probably is some kind of port, it could also mean it's not an exact port. The very nature of the Wii means making a specific version for the system is completely plausible.

But, even if it is a port, I'm still excited about what I read. Wiimote as you light saber, and nunchuk to dish out Force devastation. Sounds great to me. Ports sure as hell have sucked in the past and have sucked on the Wii. This game deserves the utmost attention, but hopefully....port or not....it'll still rule. I can't wait to see what it's gonna be and to get my hands on it.

K, I'm done. Hate on haters :D

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Oh yeah and anyway, a port is a game that is made after the initial release, like godfather, scarface etc, if they release the game on 3 different console at the same time that isn't a port. and i still stand by my other point, name one game that's been downgrade to the wii rather than upgraded fro ps2
B_MacDonald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 B_MacDonald
Member since 2003 • 43 Posts
It's not actually a downgraded version of the 360/PS3 version...There's two companies involved; one making the 360/PS3 version and one making the Wii, PS2, and PSP version.
waw003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 waw003
Member since 2004 • 175 Posts

It's not actually a downgraded version of the 360/PS3 version...There's two companies involved; one making the 360/PS3 version and one making the Wii, PS2, and PSP version.B_MacDonald

Look at the games that have been Wii, PS2, and PSP games, and you'll see that it's pretty safe to say that Force Unleashed is going to be a let down. I'm tired of hearing about games "coming to Wii, PS2, and PSP" like the Wii is not a worthy next gen system. Unless Nintendo does Star Wars for the Wii, it won't receive the attention it deserves.

Every gamer is not a graphics whore. Nor does every gamer have the money to buy a new system and a new TV just to fully utilize that system. I'm so sick of developers approaching the Wii as a PS2 with waggle that I want to waggle a finger at almost every developer that makes Wii games.

thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts
Same here. I wanted an original Star Wars game.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
Ot's a star wars game. That means I was disappointed when i heard about it. SW sux
IceWarrior93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 IceWarrior93
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts
Nintendo Wii does have a bad history with ports, but that is just the devolper being lazy, take a look at Rayman Raving Rabbids, it was the best on Wii. And besides LucasArts is a lot better than those other guys who make games for Wii.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

Nintendo Wii does have a bad history with ports, but that is just the devolper being lazy, take a look at Rayman Raving Rabbids, it was the best on Wii. And besides LucasArts is a lot better than those other guys who make games for Wii.IceWarrior93

I don't know if Raving Rabbids is a good example. IMO, that game was MADE for Wii and was ported over to other systems, thus the Wii version was the best as the other systems didn't have the same gameplay experience.

kambion313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kambion313
Member since 2006 • 712 Posts
you know, im not buying ANY games not made by nintendo for the first year and a half. The RE 3 i bought sucks for Wii, so zelda and metroid for me
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

Ot's a star wars game. That means I was disappointed when i heard about it. SW suxPhazevariance

Your ignorance and moronic brain patterns are betraying the oxygen you breathe. Feel free never to speak again. It's better for your pathetic mind not to do so. :D

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#29 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
ports can be good . i for one dont care if golldenye came out on the wii with all those limitations gone id buy it on the spot, now a game like gta i dont wanna see that ported
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts
I already wanted this game as soon as I heard about it. How can you not get the Wii version? It'll obviously be better than the PS2 version. More importantly, a Star Wars game needs to be bought to prove to Lucus Arts that there is a large market for their product on the Wii. Hopefully, then, a completely original one will come out in the future. But for now, Force Unleashed Wii will due, and then some.
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts
Meh, I was never interested in the first place.
Spelunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Spelunker
Member since 2002 • 11428 Posts

Most Wii ports have been from PS2 games so far, so Im not sure what everyone here is complaining about. Forced Unleashed would be a port from a high end system, rather than PS2.TheLordMagnus

Unfortunately, no. As seems to always be the case (so far), it would be ported from the PS2/PSP codebase.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

Star wars lightsabre fighting game coming to Wii = A new hope :D

Ported by Ubisoft = Attack of the clones :cry:

Nintendoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nintendoes
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

Star wars lightsabre fighting game coming to Wii = A new hope :D

Ported by Ubisoft = Attack of the clones :cry:

csliney

I would say The Phantom Menace.

Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Giff1988
Member since 2007 • 800 Posts
Come on Lucas Arts, Give ps3 and 360 Force Unleashed and give Wii owners a new Jedi Outcast game.... everybody wins.