Anybody else really dissapointed with the new Pokemon?( no 56K)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts

My biggest dissapointment are the POKEMONS.. they look so uninspired ( an ice cream pokemon? COME ON)

One of the biggest reasson i played pokemon was for the pokemon itselves, but this new pokemons are boring and i dont even want to catch em all anymore :/

I appreciated that they tried to do something new with the levels ( making them more 3d like and stuff) but it really didnt add much to the experience...

The story was meh.. but everysingle pokemon´s story was meh so its ok i guess.

I m really dissapointed witht his one, i already invested around 5 hrs but i dont think i m going to finish it.

Any one else feel the same way?

Pics of pokemon i think are lame:

Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

yes most of them are ugly.

but litwick is awesome :o

:)

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I have no idea what you are talking about. The ice cream Pokemon rules :D

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Am I disappointed with the new Pokemon? I would have to say no. There are some that are a bit disappointing but it's not like previous generations didn't have their fare share of dull Pokemon as well. I'm quite fond of the ice cream and green blob actually. ;)

Overall, I like a number of the new ones. Heck, some of them have easily become some of my favorite Pokemon ever out of all the generations! :D

Some of my favorites are:

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

So 6 Pokemon put you off the whole game. There are quite a few uninspired Pokemon in pretty much every gen.

GEN1.

GEN2.

GEN3.

GEN4.

Sorry for the picture overload, but there are lots of Pokemon that I think are uninspired and these are just a small section of the ones I think are, especially the ones that are just baby version of already exsisting Pokemon, it's not really something that's new to the series in Black and White.

androflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 androflash
Member since 2005 • 1034 Posts

^^

I like most of those pokemon.

I think you should focus more on the ones you like instead of the ones you don't like. I agree that this new gen of pokemon has some ugly/uninspiring/ridiculous little monsters. However, once I actually counted how many pokemon I like out of each gen I realized that I only like (like enough to train) about 15-25 pokemon in each one. It just so happens that the ugly pokemon of this gen are way uglier than the ugly pokemon of past generations (with some memorable exceptions... like Heatran, just WTH is that?).

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Agreed that most of the new ones really suck. The game's first half is terrific, the second half really can't match up... Until the ending, that's quite awesome. But as ugly as some are, you can find some really good looking ones too. Like Cryogonal, Victini, and Zekrom. Honestly, I feel anyone who actually thinks Reshiram looks better than Zekrom is secretly pitying us Black owners. :P FINISH THE GAME MAN!
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Yeah, I completely agree with you TC. No more pokemon for me after seeing the gen 5 designs. They are terrible.
emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

As a fan of the series I expected to much of this game, and even though at the beginning I was flabbergasted, I quickly saw it as another slightly upgraded pokemon . Sure the graphics are nice, N was one of the most deep characters in a pokemon game (not that is THAT deep) and I didn't mind most of the pokemon designs. I've almost gave up, saying that when I finish it I'll stop playing it, but there's another thing that has kept my desire to play alive.

Competitive Batling. Awww yeah! Planning a balanced, ORIGINAL team is fun, for the online and the battle train. Breeding the perfect pokémon and uping the score really adds a charm to it. And some new typing combinations and abilities keeps one on their toes. I love that.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#10 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

This gen has been both hit and miss. There are some awesome ones, like the ones below...

And some not so awesome ones, like the ones below...

For the most part, I like the new gen.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blabadon

That Pokemon named **** looks so bad AND you have to give a nickname to trade it because its own name is censored. :P

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I actally REALLY like this gen of pokemon. The only pokemon I can honestly say I hate the look of is Tr**** and it's evolve form. My favorit pokemon without a doubt is Victini, I really like it's design and I like the Psyhic Fire combo, Not to mention that the noise it makes sounds like laughter.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I like more Pokemon than I dislike so I'm fine. I've probably said this a million times by now, but the first gen pokemon are nothing amazing either when you take the nostalgia goggles off.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
It's going to take me playing the game to appreciate the new ones for sure. I remember playing Pearl the first time and seeing Bidoof. He pissed me the **** off. But, then, over time, I grew to like that stupid face of his.

Bidoof > Zigzagoon > Sentret > Ratata. I have to see the new rat to rate him.
spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

My biggest dissapointment are the POKEMONS.. they look so uninspired ( an ice cream pokemon? COME ON)

One of the biggest reasson i played pokemon was for the pokemon itselves, but this new pokemons are boring and i dont even want to catch em all anymore :/

I appreciated that they tried to do something new with the levels ( making them more 3d like and stuff) but it really didnt add much to the experience...

I m really dissapointed witht his one, i already invested around 5 hrs but i dont think i m going to finish it.

Solid_Tango

Is that meant to be a ass?

Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

There are some good ones. More funny than cool. Like fetusmon, icecreamconemon, and trashbagmon.

GaaraUzumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GaaraUzumaki
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
The Green blob reminds me a lot like a character of lilo and stich, I play for nostaliga I guess, so it doesn't mind me.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Solid_Tango
Yeah i know not all pokemon need to be super bad ass.. well in my opinion atleast 60% should be good and the rest can be ok/bad but in black 20% are good 30% are bad and 50% are what the heck mediocre.
helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

I almost fell off of my chair when i saw the ice cream pokemon. i mean seriously what are the designers doing? i think they ran out of ideas so they ask 5 year old kids to draw some pokemon they would like and used those drawings.

and is that last one a candle pokemon? what's next? a toothbrush pokemon?

i thought last gen was uncreative. but this gen takes the cake. i think enough is enough. what nintendo and gamefreak should do with the next game is combine all the pokemon generations into one and not add anymore.i fear what the next pokemon gen will look like of they continue making new pokemon.

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Solid_Tango

I almost fell off of my chair when i saw the ice cream pokemon. i mean seriously what are the designers doing? i think they ran out of ideas so they ask 5 year old kids to draw some pokemon they would like and used those drawings.

i thought last gen was uncreative. but this gen takes the cake. i think enough is enough. what nintendo and gamefreak should do with the next game is combine all the pokemon generations into one and not add anymore.i fear what the next pokemon gen will look like of they continue making new pokemon.

helwa1988
Agreed about everything, and yeah they should make the definitive pokemon containing all pokemons and lots of gyms and tournaments within the game. I already gave up with black and not playing it anymore, i m going back to soul silver
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Blabadon
The ice cream Pokemon could have been great like Chandelure (big IMO here) if it didn't stay so close to its source material. Chandelure doesn't look too bad because it's not a big fancy smancy gold chandelier that might be in someone's house.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blabadon
[QUOTE="helwa1988"]

Solid_Tango
Agreed about everything, and yeah they should make the definitive pokemon containing all pokemons and lots of gyms and tournaments within the game. I already gave up with black and not playing it anymore, i m going back to soul silver

Ayy, c'mon Tango, it's a great game to finish up. DO IT! :D
dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts
At the rate they add new Pokemon to each game, I have to think there aren't too many designs left on the drawing room floor. I suspect that pretty much anything an artist comes up with is added to game. It's a quantity versus quality thing.
Chopinist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chopinist
Member since 2009 • 435 Posts

[QUOTE="Solid_Tango"]

spookykid143

I for one actually like this one, well not as much as it's final evolution, but come on! A FETUS that fights using it's psychic powers? Those pro-choice people better beware now hahahaha It's come to revenge 50 million aborted fetuses in America alone.

Chopinist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Chopinist

[QUOTE="Solid_Tango"]

spookykid143

I for one actually like this one, well not as much as it's final evolution, but come on! A FETUS that fights using it's psychic powers? Those pro-choice people better beware now hahahaha It's come to revenge 50 million aborted fetuses in America alone.

Chopinist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chopinist

Sorry for the double post... how do I delete the second one?

I hated most of them and still dislike some, but they grow on you and start looking like Pokemon because in the end, Pokemon isn't real and has no definitive laws governing what makes one a pokemon and what not. Some look retarded, like the icecream come and daruminatan or whatever the cave man's name is, but there are still those that have their merits.

But arguments on this topic confuse me. Some say that Pokemon should look as natural and realistic like the first gen, yet some say that making pokemon based on natural creatures is unorginal and stupid. Make a your mind people. In the end, this is a child's game, not an adult's game, so it should appeal to kids first. Imagine how happy a fat kid would be if his icecream that he eats while people laugh at him would suddenly ice beam them frozen solid hahhaaha xD

Chopinist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chopinist

I hated most of them and still dislike some, but they grow on you and start looking like Pokemon because in the end, Pokemon isn't real and has no definitive laws governing what makes one a pokemon and what not. Some look retarded, like the icecream come and daruminatan or whatever the cave man's name is, but there are still those that have their merits.

But arguments on this topic confuse me. Some say that Pokemon should look as natural and realistic like the first gen, yet some say that making pokemon based on natural creatures is unorginal and stupid. Make a your mind people. In the end, this is a child's game, not an adult's game, so it should appeal to kids first. Imagine how happy a fat kid would be if his icecream that he eats while people laugh at him would suddenly ice beam them frozen solid hahhaaha xD

Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts
I hate several pokemon from gen 1 and ive been playing since the games came out. its really all just personal preference. I loved black and its one of my favorite games. although i will say, my list of worst pokemon ever include: Nosepass, probopass, JYNX WTF, Jigglypuff (only made for girls), bidoof (or bidouche as i call him), trubbish/trubbador (WOW trash pokemon? REALLY?) The goth pokemon from black/white (WTF they arent even dark type!!!) among many more i suppressed from my memory
Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

Chopinist
chill out with the click button dude!! lol click (select an action below) drop down menu on the bottom right of your post, then select delete message!
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
yeah i don't like the design of the new pokes either. then again, i usually don't, and then they grow on me.
HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

There are many that I don't like in all the gens. I just ignore them and focus on the ones that I do like.

darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#33 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

No. Overall, I thought a lot of them were great, with some of them being really bad/not unique.

I actually think Litwick is cool too. The starters were all cool. The black legendary Zekrom is really cool. The white one is OK. Braviery the bird is awesome. A lot of them are cool. You just have to play the game a lot more. I must admit though that they weren't as cool as gen 1 and 2 though. Those are my favorites.

Plus, if you quit now, then you will be missing out on the best Pokemon game yet. You still haven't traded online yet at 5 hours into the game I'm sure and that's really, really fun if you have Wi-Fi.

The story is actually really great. Again, at 5 hours you really haven't even experienced it yet. If you hate it that much though, just sell it. You could probably get at least 27 or more dollars for it.

xXDante666Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xXDante666Xx
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts

Some of my favorite poke's are in the newest gen and I've been playing for 15 years now.

darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#36 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts
[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]It's going to take me playing the game to appreciate the new ones for sure. I remember playing Pearl the first time and seeing Bidoof. He pissed me the **** off. But, then, over time, I grew to like that stupid face of his.

Bidoof > Zigzagoon > Sentret > Ratata. I have to see the new rat to rate him.

LOL I never really liked Bidoof either. Patrat is the new rat in the game. It's OK but not that great.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]It's going to take me playing the game to appreciate the new ones for sure. I remember playing Pearl the first time and seeing Bidoof. He pissed me the **** off. But, then, over time, I grew to like that stupid face of his.

Bidoof > Zigzagoon > Sentret > Ratata. I have to see the new rat to rate him.darksongbird

LOL I never really liked Bidoof either. Patrat is the new rat in the game. It's OK but not that great.

I like Bidoof. :(

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts

Whats wrong with the new generation of pokemon IS the design. Pokemon use to be designed after real animals or living organisms. Now we have pokemon designed after ice cream cones (vanillite), candles (litwick), lamps (lampent), chandeliers (chandelur), coffins(cofigrus),garbage (trubbish and garbador) mushroom pokeballs (foongus), veiny weisels carrying timber (timburr), girder (gurderr) and pillars (conkeldurr), gears and clockworks (klink), snowflakes (cryogonal), knives (pawniard), and things that just look so unimaginative. And they're named so unoriginally as well. Throh and Sawk? Do they possibly throw and sock/punch? Krookodile? Ducklett? Bouffelant? It just makes Gamefreak sound like really bad spellers. They barely change the names. All the generations before were better because the pokemon were designed after real animals. Why would a pokemon look like a man-made invention? Wouldn't the animal be there first? I mean yes, humans designed helicopters after humming birds and etc. but do humming birds have propellars? It's just stupid. And everyone saying the last generation pokemon were bad can stop just saying "yeah, they suck" without giving a reason because the truth is you're wrong. And Gamefreak can't use the excuse saying they ran out of animals to design after. There are billions of species of animals.They designed just over 600 pokemon. Seriously? And most of them are just re-designed. You've got pikachu, ratata, victini, minccino, patrat, emolga, sandshrew (a shrew is a mouse), nidoran and probably a 100 other pokemon that look like rats/mice.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

I like more Pokemon than I dislike so I'm fine. I've probably said this a million times by now, but the first gen pokemon are nothing amazing either when you take the nostalgia goggles off.

Pixel-Perfect

This right here is a thread closer,in the end of the day each gen would have its good and bad designs and even that is a matter of opinion since there would be people who like all of the 5th gen pokemon or in other gens as well.