Another 3d Majoras Mask post....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

videog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 videog
Member since 2011 • 327 Posts

I know there has been like a million people ask this but I just got(yes I know, just got),OOT 3d and I love it,so I just wanted to set my facts straight and ask ARE THEY GOING TO MAKE A MAJORAS MASK 3d?

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
No one knows. They've said if they do decide to make it, don't expect to see it before the new 3DS Zelda game. You might express support here: http://operation-moonfall.org/
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
Not right now. Currently they are working on a new "unannounced" Zelda for the 3DS first, but once that is done Nintendo has said they'll look into the possibility of a remake of Majora's Mask, though it should also be noted that Miyamoto has stated that he would like to see A Link to the Past in 3D, so a remake could likely be in the works after Zelda 3D, just don't assume that it will be Majora's Mask.
Wolfy321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Wolfy321
Member since 2010 • 52 Posts

I think they should, since it wouldn't take much time. If Nintendo does the same thing they did with the original versions, it wouldn't take long the make. I'm talking about how the graphics were (nearly) the same, same character models. Just take OoT 3D's engine, and add some tweaks.

MrNuttyboh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MrNuttyboh
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

I think they should, since it wouldn't take much time. If Nintendo does the same thing they did with the original versions, it wouldn't take long the make. I'm talking about how the graphics were (nearly) the same, same character models. Just take OoT 3D's engine, and add some tweaks.

Wolfy321

Actually from everything I have heard porting a game to a new console is very tedious and time consuming

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts

[QUOTE="Wolfy321"]

MrNuttyboh

Actually from everything I have heard porting a game to a new console is very tedious and time consuming

Didn't Nintendo open the OOT 3d studio just for the purpose of remakes?
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#7 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I would totally support them if they decided to, but I don't ithnk anything's official. If they fixed the save system, and added free downloadable quests, it would be the perfect game.

Also, Master Quest Majora's Mask edition= win.

CosmicCucco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 CosmicCucco
Member since 2012 • 34 Posts
Majora's Mask 3D is coming after The new Zelda 3D. So in about maybe...1-2 years?
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jedinat

[QUOTE="Wolfy321"]

MrNuttyboh

His point was they've probably already done a lot of the work by having done OoT.
videog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 videog
Member since 2011 • 327 Posts

Majora's Mask 3D is coming after The new Zelda 3D. So in about maybe...1-2 years?CosmicCucco
If this is true maybe I should just get it on wii virtual console:?

alpha_bean11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 alpha_bean11
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts

I really hope they remake it with a better save system. I think that it would take an exceptionally long time to remake it like how they remade OOT. They would have to re-texture everything and stuff like that. I would have to say 2-3 years if they haven't started working on it yet.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

[QUOTE="MrNuttyboh"]

[QUOTE="Wolfy321"]

achilles614

Didn't Nintendo open the OOT 3d studio just for the purpose of remakes?

The team behind OoT 3D wasn't a Nintendo studio.

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jedinat

I really hope they remake it with a better save system. I think that it would take an exceptionally long time to remake it like how they remade OOT. They would have to re-texture everything and stuff like that. I would have to say 2-3 years if they haven't started working on it yet.

alpha_bean11
...the textures from OoT are already made... and it's not like retexturing is hard, lol. I would assume they'd add a save/restore state feature since it is a portable game... but where the save state is deleted upon resuming the game...
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

I much rather see Legend of Zelda 1 & 2 be remade in 3D, or at least A Link to the Past.

MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts

[QUOTE="Wolfy321"]

MrNuttyboh

That's not what Wolfy was saying. The way the first Majora's Mask was made, it was intended to be a Zelda game Nintendo could make in one year. So they re-used a lot of character models, engine and lots of things from OoT. What Wolfy is saying is that Nintendo/Grezzo has much of the materials that would be used in an MM remake already with OoT3D. And even further, the game has already exists so there's not a ton of design that needs to go into it. All the sound is already done too, assuming they only add one song for the extended the credits like they did with OoT3D.

That said, Nintendo has hinted that a fresh Zelda title would be coming to 3DS before an MM remake. My guess is that they'll have another "Year of Zelda" where they release the new game Q1 or Q2 and then MM3D for the holidays since it wouldn't take too long to make.

MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#16 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts

alpha_bean11

The original game only took about 2 years to make. The remake should take significantly less than that.