And it happened, Wii fit featured in regular tv program.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts
We all saw it coming, but I just witnessed the first (dutch) appearance of Wii fit on tv. I just zapped into RTL Boulevard, the major showbiz non-news program on dutch tv, mostly watched by women. And they featured Wii fit and they thought it is amazing..of course they don't know crap about games, but they like Wii sports and Wii fit. This game screams commercial succes, if nintendo can get Oprah to feature this on her show they have it made big. It will have the same effect as the Oprah book club books, if she thinks it's good, the whole world will buy this.
cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#2 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts
Well, Wii Fit has a 310% pre-order rate, so it is already gaining buzz.
Mop_it_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Mop_it_up
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
It's gonna be the next Wii Sports.
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

I personally am getting it. I don't know why there are people complaining about this really. It may not even be close to a complete work out, I do go to the gym for that, but there are some good low-impact work-outs that are really good. Not everyone has the ability to handle a full work-out, be it some decease or handicap, I can see something like this being in convalescent centers all over, I'm excited for it and so is my girlfriend.

Count me in as a buyer of the product.

Woolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Woolman
Member since 2007 • 234 Posts
The Wii'sconsole seller isn't Zelda, or MP, or even SGM! It's Wii fit and Wii sports. In a way it's a tragedy... But Zelda MP MK and SGM is still there :)
effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 effthat
Member since 2007 • 2314 Posts

I'm lookin' forward to it. I hate working out in a gym. If I can work out at home and they give me all sorts of cool factoids and keep track of my weight then it's almost like a personal trainer at home.

I'm planing on gettin' this sucker.

moondoggey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 moondoggey
Member since 2007 • 549 Posts

I'm lookin' forward to it. I hate working out in a gym. If I can work out at home and they give me all sorts of cool factoids and keep track of my weight then it's almost like a personal trainer at home.

effthat

dude thats how i feel bout the game its gonna be awesome

NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts
[QUOTE="effthat"]

moondoggey

dude thats how i feel bout the game its gonna be awesome

I'm actually looking forward to it too, though it sounds like it might be hard to find.

Avatar image for Eternal_Phoenix
Eternal_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Eternal_Phoenix
Member since 2003 • 9227 Posts
Wii Fit on Oprah? LMAO I have to see that :lol:
digiram79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 digiram79
Member since 2007 • 251 Posts
I'm getting this sucker for sure.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
some people dont really see the success of these 'casual' games. The More nintendo makes on these games, the more they can pour into 'hardcore' titles. However, its all up to them.
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cesar_Barba
Wii Fit on Oprah? LMAO I have to what that :lol:Eternal_Phoenix
Oh, I'm pretty sure that it's something that they will show on Oprah, whether Nintendo has anything to do with it or not. I don't watch the show, but I would love to be in the audience that day, chances are everyone in the studio would get a free package. That is when I would not ming watching a whole episode.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
Wii Fit is going to be released in Japan this year. It's in 2008 for North America. Prepare for another crazy shortage like last year very soon.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

The Wii'sconsole seller isn't Zelda, or MP, or even SGM! It's Wii fit and Wii sports. In a way it's a tragedy... But Zelda MP MK and SGM is still there :)Woolman

The Wii is going to be the same thing as the DS is right now. In 2008, I'm sure the Wii will be a monster. It took at least 1 year for the DS to be a monster. On Nintendo DS, it was Nintendogs and Brain Age that made the DS at the top. On Wii, it's WiiSports and Wii Fit. On DS, there's still Mario and Zelda. On Wii, there's still Mario and Zelda.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

[QUOTE="Woolman"]The Wii'sconsole seller isn't Zelda, or MP, or even SGM! It's Wii fit and Wii sports. In a way it's a tragedy... But Zelda MP MK and SGM is still there :)chris3116

The Wii is going to be the same thing as the DS is right now. In 2008, I'm sure the Wii will be a monster. It took at least 1 year for the DS to be a monster. On Nintendo DS, it was Nintendogs and Brain Age that made the DS at the top. On Wii, it's WiiSports and Wii Fit. On DS, there's still Mario and Zelda. On Wii, there's still Mario and Zelda.

Exactly, I'm not to worried about it anymore. And even if Nintendo is only going to release non-games I can still grab my xbox360 or ps3 controller.
Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts
trust me it will be featured on Oprah or on the view. The DS was on the view once for brain age i think
Avatar image for Regginator14520
Regginator14520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Regginator14520
Member since 2006 • 1094 Posts
i want to get it so i can exercise without buying some big machine, keep my self healthy with the wii.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

The Wii'sconsole seller isn't Zelda, or MP, or even SGM! It's Wii fit and Wii sports. In a way it's a tragedy... But Zelda MP MK and SGM is still there :)Woolman

I would classify something that sold a million copies as a system seller. Galaxy will also be a system seller, along with Brawl. But Wii Fit will also be a system seller.

Ponmop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Ponmop
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts
I'm more excited for the inevitable skateboarding/surfing/skiing games that will use the balance board.  Could be cool.
Camble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Camble
Member since 2006 • 215 Posts
I wonder how much it costs to turn Oprah into your marketing puppet...$10 million? $20? Whatever it costs, I'm sure its worth it, but do you really want to buy a Nintendo product with an "Oprah Fitness Program" label/emblem on it? I know I do.
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cesar_Barba
I wonder how much it costs to turn Oprah into your marketing puppet...$10 million? $20? Whatever it costs, I'm sure its worth it, but do you really want to buy a Nintendo product with an "Oprah Fitness Program" label/emblem on it? I know I do.Camble
At this point I would think that it's the other way around. The show producers must have made the phone calls already begging to secure X amounts of units, if not, then it should not be long. As far as the label goes, my girlfriend is a fan of hers, so she'd buy it if I didn't, though you can bet I already know I will.
Steinberger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 Steinberger
Member since 2003 • 37 Posts
Ah yes, yet another device people will have to come up with excuses for not using...
chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6281 Posts
I wonder how much it costs to turn Oprah into your marketing puppet...$10 million? $20? Whatever it costs, I'm sure its worth it, but do you really want to buy a Nintendo product with an "Oprah Fitness Program" label/emblem on it? I know I do.Camble
Buying out oprah as a marketing puppet wont be cheap since she is a billionare. She's worth $1.5 billion. Not sure if you can afford to turn her into a marketing puppet like sports sarts.
http://www.forbes.com/2007/03/06/celebrity-billionaires-rich_07billionaires_cz_lk_0308celebrity_slide_5.html?thisSpeed=30000
pigfish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#24 pigfish2
Member since 2004 • 3819 Posts
i hope to get wii fit for my birthday in april