Ampharos Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheFeasterBunny
TheFeasterBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheFeasterBunny
Member since 2010 • 30 Posts
For my online battle team I want to have an Ampharos. Though, i'm not sure what to raise it's stats in. It looks like his highest stats would be in special attack. Should i go with that or should i have my Charizard have a special attack pokemon?
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 magitekk
Member since 2009 • 3959 Posts

I don't know if I can answer your question concerning special attack, but it would probably be easier for you to just look up. What I do know however is that ampharos is beast and deserves to be in every party.

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts
lol nice sig. Head over to Serebii.net where all your pokemon questions can be answered.
Mii_ller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mii_ller
Member since 2011 • 238 Posts
I have an Ampharos in SoulSilver, and it is fairly ok. I like having electric types instead of grass types, because they are super effective against water, and they don't have as many weaknesses. But in the end, it's all your decision!
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i don't EV train, but my amphy has the profile of a tank. don't bother with speed, get him Charge, Discharge and two other moves of choice.
Avatar image for TheFeasterBunny
TheFeasterBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheFeasterBunny
Member since 2010 • 30 Posts
Well right now, i want to have a Vaporeon as my tank, Zoroark as my sweeper, Charizard and Ampharos for power, Gilscor because it'll be hard to kill him, and i haven't decided on my last pokemon yet.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
Well right now, i want to have a Vaporeon as my tank, Zoroark as my sweeper, Charizard and Ampharos for power, Gilscor because it'll be hard to kill him, and i haven't decided on my last pokemon yet.TheFeasterBunny
think of ampharos as a snorlax-like pokemon. he holds hits (and uses charge to both raise SP.DEF and double the power of his next move) and is pretty effective at killing. plus he's electric type, few types out there he can't handle. i usually have mine with quick claw, but i'm not sure if "the pros" would approve :P
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
A lot of competitive battlers look down on Ampharos, but I love mine. :D Mine knows Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, Focus Blast, and Thunder Wave. I raised mine in Special Attack and then the rest of its EVs went to its defenses. It's quite the solid electric-type, even though it's slow. I seriously love it. Then again paralyzing things is something I have an addiction to... :P