Am I too old for a 3DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I'm 21, going on 22. I'm probably going to be moving into my own place soon. I own a DS Lite, and I have a decent collection of games for it. And I am thinking of buying some older games I once had again, and there are about 6 new games I'm looking forward to which are coming out within the next year or so for DS. I also own a 360, and I honestly hardly have time for these two systems alone. But truthfully, I like my DS Lite more.

The 3DS sounds pretty cool and I am excited about it, but I don't know if I should get one or not. I figure, with the way games are priced these days, the 3DS could easily retail at $200.00, and if the games follow suit they could be as much as $45.00 a cartridge. And I honestly don't think I can afford or have time for any of this. But we still know next to nothing about the 3DS. And it will be backwards-compatible with the games I own already. I could always wait and get one a few years after they launch, when they come down in price and probably introduce a newer model.

Put yourself in my position. Do you think I should just stick with my DS Lite and 360, or should I consider the 3DS?

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
Topic title has nothing to do with topic content. I would need to know what color your hair is to reliably answer your question.
xXDante666Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xXDante666Xx
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts

Topic title was misleading, I am dissapoint. Nobody is to old for the 3DS.

IWKYB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IWKYB
Member since 2010 • 1545 Posts

You are 21 and have a pokemans as an avy...why are you worried about playing with a ds? I'm 20 and have a Tyranitar as a avy...(well Ivy in the forums for some weird reason)and I could care less.

thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts

I am 26 and will never stop playing video games, including those franchises that are often referred to as "childish". Nobody is ever too old to have fun. If you are enjoying yourself, then you are not too old to be doing whatever it is that you enjoy.

PDBHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PDBHP
Member since 2005 • 129 Posts

I'm 21, going on 22. I'm probably going to be moving into my own place soon. I own a DS Lite, and I have a decent collection of games for it. And I am thinking of buying some older games I once had again, and there are about 6 new games I'm looking forward to which are coming out within the next year or so for DS. I also own a 360, and I honestly hardly have time for these two systems alone. But truthfully, I like my DS Lite more.

The 3DS sounds pretty cool and I am excited about it, but I don't know if I should get one or not. I figure, with the way games are priced these days, the 3DS could easily retail at $200.00, and if the games follow suit they could be as much as $45.00 a cartridge. And I honestly don't think I can afford or have time for any of this. But we still know next to nothing about the 3DS. And it will be backwards-compatible with the games I own already. I could always wait and get one a few years after they launch, when they come down in price and probably introduce a newer model.

Put yourself in my position. Do you think I should just stick with my DS Lite and 360, or should I consider the 3DS?

Ovirew

Well I'm 30 and I still play DS alot and I will be definetely be buying the 3DS, so to answer your question NO you're not too old for 3DS.

Kuribo_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Kuribo_Girl
Member since 2009 • 218 Posts

Quite frankly, you have the right to do whatever you wish to. And I wouldn't care what people thought personally, what's it to them?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#8 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
No one's stopping you.
CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 CyberKlown28
Member since 2008 • 1198 Posts
once the 3ds come sout, trade in/sell everything...xbox..l..ds lite...games you don't want to keep....and use the money to work on getting a 3ds and games for it. As for 45 per cartridge...I hope not....nintendo usually wins with cheapness so yeah.
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

If you're happy with your DS Lite (as I am happy with mine) and don't want the 3DS for whatever reason,keep your Lie and keepplaying it.(I won't be getting it [3DS] if it releases this year or early next year)