Am I the only one who was dissapointed with phantom hour glass?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for viewtifuljon321
viewtifuljon321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 viewtifuljon321
Member since 2004 • 564 Posts
I know its zelda but.... it really wasn't that great. sailing still sucks. the dungeons were way to easy and the puzzles all involved writing stuff on a map and then doing things like pulling switches in the order that was written on stone tablets... sure the touc screen controls were great but who everthought it was a good idea to make me run through the temple of the ocean king 6 times needs to be punched in the face!!!!!!!!! by far the worse nintendo released zelda game by far i'd give it a seven. thoughts?
citrus_oranges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 citrus_oranges
Member since 2006 • 903 Posts
yeah im greatly dissapointed as well... nah! joking. its just you i guess.
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 starfox2468
Member since 2006 • 2782 Posts
yeah,it had its downs,but was pretty badass zelda game for a handheld.u cant tell me u like link to the past ect more,then id have to say ur stupid and dont know zelda games,its a handheld,not a console,so u cant say its a a bad game from zelda series imo,console and handhelds are way different
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
Well, I can't speak for everyone, but in answer to your topic question: YES... :D
deutz_miles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deutz_miles
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
no it's noy just you... im also disappointed with zelda: phantom hour glass...:(
utakpulvoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 utakpulvoron
Member since 2007 • 333 Posts
My first ever Zelda game and i found nothing too special with it. With all the hype others gave it, it just didnt deliver anything worth the hype. Thats in my opinion. So its not just you whose disappointed.
YoBrandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 YoBrandino
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts

Just you and a small few. The DS really took handheld Zeldas to the next level!

Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Corvidae
Member since 2003 • 4357 Posts
I think it's a solid game. Take "Zelda" out of the name and a lot more people would probably agree. The standard set by the series is hard to live up too. I think the Minish Cap was much better, though.
thetrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thetrell
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts

anoying....

never got used to wlking...

only god thing was boomerang...

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#11 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
It had its down but certainly was worthy of the Zelda title. And I thought sailing was a nice though not as fulfilling as Wind Waker. And I hope in the future Lineback will make another appreance or perhaps help Link again.
Green_Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Green_Thunder
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

*shrugs* I liked it.

I mean it's sure not the very best (which a lot of folk are calling it), but it's still a great game. I liked the touchscreen, all the weapons, (most) of the temples, and all that.

Wegank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Wegank
Member since 2006 • 1295 Posts
I personally missed the bomb & arrow combinations or the ability to swim! It could have been longer in my opinion and yes that damn temple did get old. Over all an 8/10 for me. I hope it's not another 3-4 year wait for the next one :roll:
Clamwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Clamwich
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts
I couldn't get into it because of the stupid touch screen contol scheme. Why couldn't you give us options Nintendo?! Why?!
Avatar image for NintendoMaster3
NintendoMaster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NintendoMaster3
Member since 2004 • 511 Posts
I didn't for one reason: They made all the action be controled by the touch screen. It was WAY too easy to kill enemies. I know they wanna push the touch screen but at least give us a button control scheme along with it.
kjata123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 kjata123
Member since 2004 • 5785 Posts
I was disapointed at times. Still a good DS game though.
midget_penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 midget_penguin
Member since 2007 • 438 Posts
it wouldnt be too bad if it wasnt for that stupid temple
JGram33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 JGram33
Member since 2003 • 206 Posts
im pretty far into it and i think its a pretty fun adventure game. i think im gonna pick up the gba zelda game too, only about $20, but so far its been a pretty entertaining game, now its time nintendo port over the 2 n64 zelda games to the ds. they did it with mario 64, why not with zelda.
Turbo_Burdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Turbo_Burdo
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts

no it's noy just you... im also disappointed with zelda: phantom hour glass...:(deutz_miles

Overall it's a great game and higly recommendable, but some aspects were dissapointing. The way you had to re-visit the Temple of the Ocean King over and over. It got very tiresome.

Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Corvidae
Member since 2003 • 4357 Posts

im pretty far into it and i think its a pretty fun adventure game. i think im gonna pick up the gba zelda game too, only about $20, but so far its been a pretty entertaining game, now its time nintendo port over the 2 n64 zelda games to the ds. they did it with mario 64, why not with zelda.JGram33

Which one? Minish Cap?

Matdredalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 Matdredalia
Member since 2006 • 197 Posts

Personally, me and mine weren't dissapointed. Everyone in my family loved it, however my husband did say it was too short and he wanted more. And, from what I've seen from a few other fans, you are not alone, quite a few people were really dissapointed.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
Whoa :shock: I thought i was the only one dissapointed by the game. i haven't even beaten it yet, and I got it the first day.
elfboy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 elfboy69
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts

I like it. I played and beat wind waler for GC witch I thought was fun, and Zelda PH seems to be more like ist little brother than a second part of wind waker. Zelda PH doesn't have the will thought out story line like other zelda games. The temples area lot easer as well.

I didn't find my self searching for a walkthrough/guide for Zelda PH like I did for twilight princesse. But all and all its a big leap ahead compared to the GameBoy color Zelda games like orical of ages/sessons.

lotrtrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lotrtrunks
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts
Legend of Zelda the Phantom Hourglass was an alright game but Phantom Hourglass wa the best game for the ds by far.
squirrelthug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 squirrelthug
The game was fantastic and even though your not alone you are definitely a minority when it comes to this subject. I see that there are a lot of complaints revolving around the touch screen interface and such. Well this is a DS, this is what you should expect from a DS game. The game was amazing in light of the fact that it put to use more of the DS's capabilities than any other game I've played so far for the handheld. Show me another game that uses more of it's functions and is still a great game.
heathersrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 heathersrt
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts

by far the worse nintendo released zelda game by far i'd give it a seven. thoughts?viewtifuljon321

I don't think it's the worst, have you forgotten Zelda 2: Link's Adventure?

I really liked Phantom Hourglass, it was the first Zelda game I ever played. I hated going back to the Ocean King Temple over and over again, but I think it was the worst part of the game. It did seem easy, but I definitely enjoyed that since I was a Zelda noob.

wagepeace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wagepeace
Member since 2007 • 885 Posts

i got bored with LoZPH very very quickly.. traded it after i beat it in 4 days... it looks great and is highly innovative...but sooooooooo repetitive. (Temple of Ocean King HOW MANY TIMES?!?!?)

im pretty far into it and i think its a pretty fun adventure game. i think im gonna pick up the gba zelda game too, only about $20, but so far its been a pretty entertaining game, now its time nintendo port over the 2 n64 zelda games to the ds. they did it with mario 64, why not with zelda.JGram33

the GBA zelda is FAR superior. you will LOVE that game. moreso than phantom hourglass, i should say. i play that game all the time! and im totally down to play 'ocarina' on DS.... *drooooools*

wagepeace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wagepeace

[QUOTE="viewtifuljon321"]by far the worse nintendo released zelda game by far i'd give it a seven. thoughts?heathersrt

I really liked Phantom Hourglass, it was the first Zelda game I ever played. I hated going back to the Ocean King Temple over and over again, but I think it was the worst part of the game. It did seem easy, but I definitely enjoyed that since I was a Zelda noob.

..and you cant claim that Zelda 2 was horrible if you never played it!!! (..or if youre forming your opinion on it after playing a modern version or what gamespot tells you.) ...thats just not fair.... its classic in itself. not as good as the original, but really...what IS?

cafccc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 cafccc
Member since 2005 • 652 Posts
im also disapointed with phantom hourglass, it was kool, but for a zelda game, especially a sequel to a classic like Wind Waker, it was pretty weak
heathersrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 heathersrt
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts
[QUOTE="heathersrt"]

[QUOTE="viewtifuljon321"]by far the worse nintendo released zelda game by far i'd give it a seven. thoughts?wagepeace

..and you cant claim that Zelda 2 was horrible if you never played it!!! (..or if youre forming your opinion on it after playing a modern version or what gamespot tells you.) ...thats just not fair.... its classic in itself. not as good as the original, but really...what IS?

I was just kidding really, I was only going by what my husband (he's played them all and thinks it's the worst) told me about the game and what I've seen of it.

snowboarder77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 snowboarder77
Member since 2007 • 1589 Posts
I think they could of made it a little harder but it was still fun.
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
Maybe it was just you :|
wagepeace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wagepeace
[QUOTE="wagepeace"][QUOTE="heathersrt"]

[QUOTE="viewtifuljon321"]by far the worse nintendo released zelda game by far i'd give it a seven. thoughts?heathersrt

I was just kidding really, I was only going by what my husband (he's played them all and thinks it's the worst) told me about the game and what I've seen of it.

fair enough. :)

RIH148

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RIH148
Member since 2005 • 56 Posts

WOW mad people actually think this game was a disappointment...............One word ......i Totally Agreed.

I beat the game in less than 5 hours, it's missing princess zelda ofcourse, and going back to the dungeoun pissed me off.

it was way too easy, even a 6 years old can beat this, and im 17, like wth.

No zelda game can better that Link to the Past.

podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts

Whoa :shock: I thought i was the only one dissapointed by the game. i haven't even beaten it yet, and I got it the first day.Kaze_no_Mirai

I haven't beaten it either :D

I don't know what it is, maybe I just don't like Zelda, but it's not very exciting. Even Twilight Princess on the Wii isn't very interesting to me. The gameplay just doesn't keep me playing very long...

huggi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 huggi12
I was a bit dissapointed after the good rewiews. I thnk it was far to easy. It was enoying that the stone tables told you exactly what to do. But still a good game
skreetpreacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#37 skreetpreacha
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts
I dunno, I thought sailing was great, I thought this game was everything Wind Waker shoulda been. I didn't think the puzzles were easy, and I'd put it as easily the best Zelda handheld game ever made. I see that there's ALOTTA people who were disappointed with it, and I just don't see why. I expected it to be "pretty good" as a handheld game, not even as good as Wind Waker, but this game actually exceeded my expectations by quite a bit. So maybe I'm the only one who thought it was better than what I thought it would be, lol. :-)
skreetpreacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#38 skreetpreacha
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts

WOW mad people actually think this game was a disappointment...............One word ......i Totally Agreed.

I beat the game in less than 5 hours, it's missing princess zelda ofcourse, and going back to the dungeoun pissed me off.

it was way too easy, even a 6 years old can beat this, and im 17, like wth.

No zelda game can better that Link to the Past.

RIH148

suure

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

I agree. I haven't beaten the game yet as many mentioned, not because I suck at it, but because it didn't really hold my interest. The controls and interaction ith PH is creative, but I didn't really enjoy having to move Link with the stylus. It's still a good game, and probably offer more than most DS games, but it's not up to par with the other Zelda games... (except for that one crappy PC Zelda game.)

yeah,it had its downs,but was pretty badass zelda game for a handheld.u cant tell me u like link to the past ect more,then id have to say ur stupid and dont know zelda games,its a handheld,not a console,so u cant say its a a bad game from zelda series imo,console and handhelds are way differentstarfox2468

:? but... there have been a few handheld Zelda games in the past...

sunnys_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sunnys_25
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts

Yea bud it was great

rwrden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rwrden
Member since 2003 • 342 Posts
I found it a bit disapointing as well. Everyone says it's the easiest Zelda game ever, but I seriously found it to be one of the hardest- the controls never "clicked" with me.Bio_Spark
Danicol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Danicol
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts
What r u talking about!? this is the best game in the ds and i think is one of the best zelda games.. but not the best I love this game
DSfanatic5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 DSfanatic5
Member since 2005 • 936 Posts

I know its zelda but.... it really wasn't that great. sailing still sucks. the dungeons were way to easy and the puzzles all involved writing stuff on a map and then doing things like pulling switches in the order that was written on stone tablets... sure the touc screen controls were great but who everthought it was a good idea to make me run through the temple of the ocean king 6 times needs to be punched in the face!!!!!!!!! by far the worse nintendo released zelda game by far i'd give it a seven. thoughts?viewtifuljon321

Compared to any other DS game, Phantom Hourglass is a masterpiece. My only complaints are the easy difficulty, the enormous rupee wallet, and the infamous dungeon that players are forced to play through a million times to complete the game. Honestly, it's a well balanced, fun, long, and great adventure, but Nintendo took every opportunity to milk the length by having us all replay the same areas over again.

bubble-wrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bubble-wrap
Member since 2005 • 492 Posts
I am also kind of disappointed also and still have not finished it. It not a bad game but right now i am just more interested in finishing playing Puzzle Quest and RuneFactory.