Alright, No Gears of War for Wii....geeze

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Havik951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Havik951
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25897.html

apparently Wii is not good for making money...kinda sounded like he was hatin'

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

He's a graphics>>>>gameplay guy, obviously. :P

What he said makes sense for his team's goals, though. They're all about making high-end engines using the most up-to-date technology. They're good at it, and they probably love doing it. But that's simply not going to happen on the Wii.

Nintendo has stated specifically that their focus is no longer on making a console that can output the best graphics. They think that's an aspect of the industry that will just eat up money unnecessarily, when people can have just as much fun playing games with the graphical capabilities of the Wii.

He's not really hatin' on the Wii.... It's just that the Wii isn't something that lines up with their own goals.

Nintendoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nintendoes
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

Havik951

I still can't contemplate how anyone would be stupid enough to ask whether Gears of War would be coming to the Nintendo Wii. That's something I would expect from G4 or IGN, but Gametrailers?

Nintendoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nintendoes

What he said makes sense for his team's goals, though. They're all about making high-end engines using the most up-to-date technology. They're good at it, and they probably love doing it. But that's simply not going to happen on the Wii.

Nintendo has stated specifically that their focus is no longer on making a console that can output the best graphics. They think that's an aspect of the industry that will just eat up money unnecessarily, when people can have just as much fun playing games with the graphical capabilities of the Wii.

He's not really hatin' on the Wii.... It's just that the Wii isn't something that lines up with their own goals.

JordanElek

I really have to agree with Mark Rein. The Wii is probably the greatest runaway success in videogaming right now, but developers that are actually are trying to bring the same hardcore experience to the Wii from the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in a technical sense really don't know what they're doing. If you want to create games that embody the same hardcore experience found on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for the Wii, you have to optimise your resources for the game console and its limitations as a seventh-generation console.

mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
[QUOTE="Havik951"]

Nintendoes

I still can't contemplate how anyone would be stupid enough to ask whether Gears of War would be coming to the Nintendo Wii. That's something I would expect from G4 or IGN, but Gametrailers?

it could be worse. he could have asked it halo may be coming to the wii (not that we want it anyway)

Havik951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Havik951
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts

JordanElek
true....but man he just gave a flat out NO. but you're right...they are focused on next gen graphics and stuff
Nintendoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nintendoes
[QUOTE="Nintendoes"][QUOTE="Havik951"]

mattg90520

it could be worse. he could have asked it halo may be coming to the wii (not that we want it anyway)

Bungie would have laughed in their face if they asked that.

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
[QUOTE="Nintendoes"][QUOTE="Havik951"]

mattg90520

halo on the wii would be pretty sweet! imagine a cinematic shooter with mp3/moh 2 controls. that smells like success (if you add online as well of course)