About playing DS games online...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheTrystero024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheTrystero024
Member since 2006 • 567 Posts
I just purchased my DSi a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering if I can play online games using my wireless router with WPA key. I want to know if the DS games can be played online using a WPA instead of WEP. Also... Any suggestions for online games?
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I don't think so. Ad far as I know DS is only compatible with WEP, which sucks. Nintendo website should have a guide how to change your router to WEP. Mario Kart is the best online game.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

With WPA, you can only use DSi features online (Web browser, DSiWare Shop, and DSi Games). Even if you play an original DS game on a DSi, you cannot play with WPA. You either have to change your router to WEP, or get a wi-fi adapter.

TheTrystero024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TheTrystero024
Member since 2006 • 567 Posts

With WPA, you can only use DSi features online (Web browser, DSiWare Shop, and DSi Games). Even if you play an original DS game on a DSi, you cannot play with WPA. You either have to change your router to WEP, or get a wi-fi adapter.

awssk8er716
Okay. I was hoping I can keep my WPA security settings. How much would a wi-fi adapter cost me? Any online games you would recommend?