ABC News Tries Wii Music

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yarcofin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Yarcofin
Member since 2006 • 3396 Posts

Original here

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6070286

Remix here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyfRe_Oavio

PLEASE MORE REMIXES GUYS. THIS NEEDS REMIXES.

presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 presto7640
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts
ugh. this game looks horrible to me.
acsguitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 acsguitar
Member since 2005 • 1840 Posts
Watching clips of this game online makes me have a panic attack. its so awful
Avatar image for comstrikeiscool
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 comstrikeiscool
Member since 2004 • 3616 Posts
I almost cried.
email2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 email2003
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts
What a horrible game for kids to buy for $50.
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts
I laughed at the heading how they call it an "anticipated" new game.
rifton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rifton
Member since 2005 • 1716 Posts
If someone makes a .gif of them dancing around, I'll give them a giant internet cookie.
acsguitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 acsguitar
Member since 2005 • 1840 Posts
Seriously I got into the wrong business. I could totally make a total trash game like this and make a billion dollars couldn't I?
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
I cried and laughed at the same time.
Yarcofin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Yarcofin

If someone makes a .gif of them dancing around, I'll give them a giant internet cookie.rifton

When I watched it the first time, the first thing I pictured was that GIF of the drummer guy at E3. Someone needs to do the guy playing guitar like that.

fyor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 fyor
Member since 2005 • 665 Posts
omg....i can't even watch all :?
Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts

They just made themselves look like fools, and made the game look like more crap.

black_ice23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 black_ice23
Member since 2003 • 1288 Posts

its funny how she pulls a real cow bell out

and then guy is like dont do this to children

and yet they still probablly reccomend it and many unknowing parents and adults will buy it *facepalm*

Yarcofin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Yarcofin

its funny how she pulls a real cow bell out

and then guy is like dont do this to children

and yet they still probablly reccomend it and many unknowing parents and adults will buy it *facepalm*

black_ice23

I don't know what the hell is with that lady, if she has attention deficit or she's embarrassed to be playing "video games" or what... she lifts up a shirt at one point, falls back onto the couch, plays a REAL cowbell, and then just kind of stands there laughing.

GridironKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GridironKing
Member since 2008 • 353 Posts
Watching them play it makes me want it even less. It looks horrible.
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
wow... just wow
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
"Don't do this to children!" - lol!
gonzales1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gonzales1
Member since 2003 • 2591 Posts
Ugh I stopped watching half-way. That's terrible....
canadianloonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 canadianloonie
Member since 2004 • 384 Posts
Ouch, that was painful to watch. I feel so sorry for all the people who got duped into buying this game.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Watching them play it makes me want it even less. It looks horrible.GridironKing

I'll use the analogy I used before: Watching someone make Mario jump into a wall fifty times in a row would also make Mario Galaxy look stupid. These people aren't doing it right. They even asked what the "little gremlins" were. Those gremlins were there to give them the general tempo. They had no idea, and I have a feeling they got a little intro to the game about thirty seconds before they played it.

They also seemed to have a rather condescending attitude throughout, like they were thinking, "Look at us play this kids game! Ha! We look so stupid! Nothing makes sense! Why are we on a truck?!" They acted like your typical mannered adults completely out of their comfort zones. Like rich people going to Wendy's. "Ooo! Chili in a cup! How adorable!"

I think this video reflects more on the people in it than the game they're playing.

SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts

Lol,looks OK.

EDIT:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/950924.asp

Meh,OK I might just buy it cause I have every game in the Wii___ series except this one.

But not anytime soon.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

I'll use the analogy I used before: Watching someone make Mario jump into a wall fifty times in a row would also make Mario Galaxy look stupid. These people aren't doing it right. They even asked what the "little gremlins" were. Those gremlins were there to give them the general tempo.

JordanElek

The whole point of Wii Music is that there is no right way of doing it, as evidenced by the lack of a scoring system, so they can't be doing it wrong. And Wii Music is supposed to be (and is) much easier than Mario Galaxy - so easy that anyone can pick it up and play it - or rather, pick it up and it'll play itself. If adults can't sound good while playing, then don't expect that the average little kid will.

Even the favourable 1UP review said that the best mode was the Handbell Harmony mode, which does not play the notes when you don't hit them at the right time, in line with the typical music game. The other modes play the notes out of rhythm and (slightly after) whenever you shake your wiimote, so of course if you have more than two players, it's bound to get a little hairy. But you can't say they're doing it "wrong".

_Pinbot_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 _Pinbot_
Member since 2008 • 1062 Posts
Good comments are flowing out of me like the tears from endless laughter at Nintendo's massive fail.
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
No....just no.
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

I like how they were saying the game sucked while playing it. Saying it sounded terrible would be a huge understatement.

E.T. > Wii Music

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

"Do not ruin your kid's interest in music with this game."

-them.

I knew from the beginning that casuals wouldn't even like this game.

kingmickey2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 kingmickey2
Member since 2006 • 759 Posts
Nintendo better hire some people with that money to make some better Wii series games, like Wii Fit and Sports Resort.
Justinge3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 Justinge3
Member since 2008 • 2506 Posts

[QUOTE="GridironKing"]Watching them play it makes me want it even less. It looks horrible.JordanElek

I'll use the analogy I used before: Watching someone make Mario jump into a wall fifty times in a row would also make Mario Galaxy look stupid. These people aren't doing it right. They even asked what the "little gremlins" were. Those gremlins were there to give them the general tempo. They had no idea, and I have a feeling they got a little intro to the game about thirty seconds before they played it.

They also seemed to have a rather condescending attitude throughout, like they were thinking, "Look at us play this kids game! Ha! We look so stupid! Nothing makes sense! Why are we on a truck?!" They acted like your typical mannered adults completely out of their comfort zones. Like rich people going to Wendy's. "Ooo! Chili in a cup! How adorable!"

I think this video reflects more on the people in it than the game they're playing.

Amen. I think the people at abc were being ignorant.
presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 presto7640

[QUOTE="GridironKing"]Watching them play it makes me want it even less. It looks horrible.JordanElek

Like ClicketyClick said, this is supposed to be a pick up and play game for absolutely anyone. The whole idea is that you don't have to do it 'right.' That video is a real test of what Nintendo has stated this game is supposed to be. Four people just jumping in and playing, and it's obvious they didn't enjoy themselves.

And someone playing Galaxy the 'right' way looks great. Whereas someone playing WiiMusic the 'right' way (like the video of the E3 conference) is just about as excruciating as this news video.

The fact that they didn't have a blast with WiiMusic, or if they viewed it as a kids game (an intentional design by Nintendo), is hardly a reflection of their personal character.

nomadph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nomadph
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts
[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

I'll use the analogy I used before: Watching someone make Mario jump into a wall fifty times in a row would also make Mario Galaxy look stupid. These people aren't doing it right. They even asked what the "little gremlins" were. Those gremlins were there to give them the general tempo.

clicketyclick

The whole point of Wii Music is that there is no right way of doing it, as evidenced by the lack of a scoring system, so they can't be doing it wrong. And Wii Music is supposed to be (and is) much easier than Mario Galaxy - so easy that anyone can pick it up and play it - or rather, pick it up and it'll play itself. If adults can't sound good while playing, then don't expect that the average little kid will.

Even the favourable 1UP review said that the best mode was the Handbell Harmony mode, which does not play the notes when you don't hit them at the right time, in line with the typical music game. The other modes play the notes out of rhythm and (slightly after) whenever you shake your wiimote, so of course if you have more than two players, it's bound to get a little hairy. But you can't say they're doing it "wrong".

what do you mean "so they can't be doing it wrong"?

they're playing Wake Me Up Before You Go Go...if you don't hear that song, you're doing it "wrong".

Those gremlins are there to help player with the music's beat or something.

The only difference between the video, and guitar hero (aside from choice of music) is that guitar hero tells you exactly when to press a "button" (oohh...so cool...press shiny button...i'm so hardcore now...)...while this has you pressing button or do motions, based on when you think the next melody should be occurring already...

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#33 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Then they are not "doing it wrong", they're just not very good at "doing it right". OK?
Halo773ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Halo773ER
Member since 2003 • 726 Posts

While i dont own a Wii i have a 360 but i can appreciate the wii alot but this is just plain embarassing. to think that people can just put themselves so low to play this junk is beyond me. I can only see a fool playing a game like this, and the worst part is it's going to sell really well and thats scary. do yourselves a favor and dont buy this crap i've played wii sports and wii play and had fun this is simply wii crap.

presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 presto7640
[QUOTE="clicketyclick"][QUOTE="JordanElek"]

nomadph

what do you mean "so they can't be doing it wrong"?

they're playing Wake Me Up Before You Go Go...if you don't hear that song, you're doing it "wrong".

Those gremlins are there to help player with the music's beat or something.

The only difference between the video, and guitar hero (aside from choice of music) is that guitar hero tells you exactly when to press a "button" (oohh...so cool...press shiny button...i'm so hardcore now...)...while this has you pressing button or do motions, based on when you think the next melody should be occurring already...

You're encouraged to play the song your own way, not make it sound exactly how it should. That's why there is no wrong way, and that has been one of Nintendo's major marketing points for a while now.

I don't really care for GH, and I don't think I'll like Wii Music, but I can assure you that there isn't only one difference between them. From what I understand, every note you press in Wii Music will automatically be correct. The only thing you can mess up is the tempo, and there is no penalty for that mistake. GH actually presents you with challenges and rewards or penalizes you based on your performance.

What's wrong with it showing you when to press the note on the 'guitar?' Nearly all games are about responses to visual cues. Platformers tell you when to jump by putting a big hole in front of you. Wii Music does the same thing, only it does it aurally. Big deal.

Lisandro_v22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 Lisandro_v22
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
this game is just ridiculuoz it doesn't even deserve that I brite well
TheSmitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheSmitto
Member since 2008 • 1898 Posts
...................eww
stealthygringo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 stealthygringo
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts
OMG LMAO that was horrible!!!!
toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#39 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts
*pukes in mouth*
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#40 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Ten years from now, when everyone looks back in hindsight and pinpoints the tipping point for the fall of civilization, this will be it.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

i laughed at them, but i cried on the inside

now theres just one question left: can nintendo go any lower?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

The thing is Nintendo got more free POSITIVE advertising for Wii Music in this segment than all the money Rockstar and Microsoft put into halo and GTA IV combined. For every idiotic closeminded retarded teenager that thinks this is the doom and gloom of the industry there are hundreds of families that saw this segment and thought the game looks fun.

You kids just don't get it.

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts
I actually had the misfortune of seeing this on television. My parents always watch that show in the morning before I head out to the college. I was about ready to turn off the television but I saw a preview for Wii music, so I stayed abit and I couldn't believe what I saw... That video made me cry on the inside as a video game player and Wii supporter.
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

The thing is Nintendo got more free POSITIVE advertising for Wii Music in this segment than all the money Rockstar and Microsoft put into halo and GTA IV combined. For every idiotic closeminded retarded teenager that thinks this is the doom and gloom of the industry there are hundreds of families that saw this segment and thought the game looks fun.

You kids just don't get it.

Nuck81

Parents that saw that would be like "wtf? a noise maker?" and they wouldn't buy that for their children. That didn't even sound like music. Parents that don't know anything about the game other than what they just saw wouldn't have the slightest clue that you're supposed to make music in the game. It sounded horrible and I'm sure that kids already make enough noise as it is. Parents don't need to go out and buy them more noise makers.

I guess us "kids" don't get it...and the sad thing is that this game is for kids.

irongutvi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 irongutvi
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts
i like how people are bashing the cr*p outta this game. i gues 25% of the people who buy it will like it,