A Question for you complainers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts

So recently there has been a lot of hate for Nintendo going arround. Everyones like "Nintendo is Lazy!", or "All they make is ports."

The fact is that within the past 2 years we have got an entry in almost every Nintendo series: A Zelda, a Mario, a Mario Kart, a Paper Mario, a Metriod, a Smash Bros., and an Aninimal Crossing. All within a period of 2 years, all of them were phenomonal.

So it certainly makes sense to me that we are a little short on hardcore titles right now. Yes we are getting some ports but there are also plenty of new titles in development.

Anyways I think some of you need to stop whining about how "nintendo sucks" or whatever.

Discuss.

EDIT: Sorry about the misleading topic title, I guess my OP didn't containt a question but I think you get the gist of what I am trying to say.

Boomarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Boomarley
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

Here's a nice paraphrase that sums up the situation nicely:

"You're only as good as your last work."

Not that I actually agree with that mentality, but it does explain a lot.

Unkoil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Unkoil666
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts

I think Nintendo is doing just fine. Its the third-party devs that have lost their marbles!

Although there has been SOME improvement (Deadly Creatures, MadWorld,CoD: World at War), the vast majority of devs still have no idea what they are doing when it comes to Wii.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts

You're right.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Yes, we played and loved all those games but most want a steady stream of good games throughout the system's lifecycle like we had with the NES, SNES, N64, and GC. Now, Nintendo is replacing new games with ports since they realized that they no longer need to try. That is why everyone is mad. However, I don't think anyone should go nuts until after E3.
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alphamale1989
Yes, we played and loved all those games but most want a steady stream of good games throughout the system's lifecycle like we had with the NES, SNES, N64, and GC. Now, Nintendo is replacing new games with ports since they realized that they no longer need to try. That is why everyone is mad. However, I don't think anyone should go nuts until after E3.Rocky32189
But they aren't replacing new games with ports - they have quite a few new games in development right now. It just makes sense that we are in a little drought right now since they have already released a lot of heavy hitters recently and it will be a little while longer before more new games are ready.
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

The only thing that really disappoints me is the shoddy work apparently done on Mario Tennis. I don't mind a GC Conversion, but do it RIGHT.

How did Nintendo quality slip on screwing up the controls on an excellent game? Make a brand new tennis if you can't do it right. And the fact they did it pretty good at launch leaves less of an excuse.

And I might be wrong, but I don't think this tennis has any Wi-Fi support. Ridiculous. And I wouldn't be so bummed if it wasn't for the fact that there probably won't be a new Mario Tennis any time soon since that tripe came out.

Lonnie2Hottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lonnie2Hottie
Member since 2005 • 933 Posts

I don't have anything bad to say about Wii. I love it. There are more than enough good games for me to play. And the virtual console is awesome as well. I've been pretty download happy recently. Ican't speak for anyone else, but I don't have time to play games for 10-12 hours a day. It seems like the people who complain are spoiled brats who get upset if a new game that lasts at least 30 hours isn't released like every other day.

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
No offense mate but the standard of some gamers are just too low, yeh we had Mario Galaxy...great game but the easiest 3D Mario game so far....yeh we had Zelda TP...not even in the same class as Ocarina of Time..Metroid Prime 3 not as good as Metroid Prime 1 or 2. The games are getting either easier or they are lacking something, if Nintendo is gonna make us wait then the games had best be better then previous gens...but they are not unless your a noob Nintendo fan...again not being offensive got nothing against noobs but the fact is Nintendo is taking too long to make their games. I have completed all the great games on Wii about 3 times over, thats around 17 games, all completed. Need more and Nintendo just is getting them out quick enough...AS FOR SHOVELWARE that never seems to stop coming out...Nintendo needs to control their damn console and start releasing some more good bloody games on it, because its a sick joke. And where the heck is STARFOX! F-Zero! Nintendo promised games like this ages ago...Starfox is supposedly in development however its been years and not a single word yet they can make all these other crap gimmick games like there's no tomorrow! thats why Nintendo is getting cursed at the moment. The Wii is a fine console and I haven't got a problem with it, however Nintendo isn't putting it to its full potential, instead they are wasting time with crap games and take ages to bring out the proper games...I haven't had a Wii game since BRAWL!...thats what 6months without a damn game! thats a damn joke! Nintendo needs to restore itself now and get back to making quality because from what I have seen on Wii games its a sick joke, you physically have to dig past the shovelware in shops just to find one decent game, its that bad. Nintendo's golden age was N64 and anything before, Gamecube was underrated and is better then Wii as far as I am concerned and Wii was a great idea but it has more shovelware then anything else. So long as they keep this up, Nintendo is gonna get complaints.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]Yes, we played and loved all those games but most want a steady stream of good games throughout the system's lifecycle like we had with the NES, SNES, N64, and GC. Now, Nintendo is replacing new games with ports since they realized that they no longer need to try. That is why everyone is mad. However, I don't think anyone should go nuts until after E3.alphamale1989
But they aren't replacing new games with ports.

I'm sorry but you are wrong. They are replacing new games with the ports. In 2008 we had 4 new first party games in the first half of the year. In the first half of 2009, we are getting 2 new first party games and 3 ports.

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
Yea, i love how people dont realize that SMG has only been out for like 15 months, and MP3 is around 1.5 years. I dont know how much free time everyone has to play games, but ive got no issues with the rate in which games come out on Wii. Ports are ok, but i want new games too. But i realized that Nintendo isnt EA, that puts out new games every year, just to have them be ok. If we dont get new nintendo titles for the Wii, then i can see everyones problem, but there is still more time left for the Wii then it has been out, and even the next 6 months look great for the Wii. this year Madworld, conduit, deadly creatures, punchout, pimkini, mario tennis, metriod 1, house of dead, indy jones, FF:EoT, are just a few im looking forward to. Yea, a couple ports, but i didnt play them, like a lot of people last gen.
skullboy950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 skullboy950
Member since 2008 • 348 Posts

So recently there has been a lot of hate for Nintendo going arround. Everyones like "Nintendo is Lazy!", or "All they make is ports."

The fact is that within the past 2 years we have got an entry in almost every Nintendo series: A Zelda, a Mario, a Mario Kart, a Paper Mario, a Metriod, a Smash Bros., and an Aninimal Crossing. All within a period of 2 years, all of them were phenomonal.

So it certainly makes sense to me that we are a little short on hardcore titles right now. Yes we are getting some ports but there are also plenty of new titles in development.

Anyways I think some of you need to stop whining about how "nintendo sucks" or whatever.

Discuss.

EDIT: Sorry about the misleading topic title, I guess my OP didn't containt a question but I think you get the gist of what I am trying to say.

alphamale1989
Zelda and MP3 were pretty good, Brawl and Galaxy were great, MK Wii and SPM weren't bad. But Animal Crossing CF was a sub-par rehash from what I've heard. And the Gamecube Wii-makes? Come on!
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

where the heck is STARFOX! F-Zero! Nintendo promised games like this ages ago...Starfox is supposedly in development however its been years and not a single word yet they can make all these other crap gimmick games like there's no tomorrow!stike22

Um, the Wii hasn't been for Ages so the statement that those games were promised "Ages Ago" is false. I do agree that they should put more time into making those games instead of the remakes or what you call Crap Gimmick Games but even if they were putting in as much time and effort (Which they probably are, they're probably just not telling us gamers because they know we'd start making "What do you want in *Game Title Here* Threads" and when the people start asking for over-the-top things in the games like they did with Smash Bros, they know they won't be able to deliver what the fans want and the game won't live up to the hype and fans will be disappointed again). Also, I don't think we'd see the games yet even if they were putting time and effort into them like they are with the other Crap Gimmick Games simply due to the fact that they'd try to get all the glitches/graphics/gameplay/controls correct before they release them. I know Nintendo will release a Starfox and a F-Zero Game (Most likely with Wifi-play) so I'm just going to wait it out and not complain.

jio-freed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 jio-freed
Member since 2009 • 115 Posts
Yea its getting tiresome for some people for bashing them.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#16 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Nintendo is getting lazy on account that they're doing the GCN wiimakes. Other than that, Nintendo is doing fine. The reason the UK is raising the price isn't because of greed, but because of supply and demand. The demand is still way too high even after more than two years that have passed. To drop some demand for the ever-so-awesome Wii, the UK increases the price which causes the demand to go down and the supply to go up. It's a general marketing trend.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
[QUOTE="stike22"]1.) I have completed all the great games on Wii about 3 times over, thats around 17 games 2.) I haven't had a Wii game since BRAWL!...thats what 6months without a damn game! thats a damn joke! 3.) AS FOR SHOVELWARE that never seems to stop coming out...Nintendo needs to control their damn console

1.) You need to stop thinking the only Wii games that are great, are the ones that YOU think are great. You don't speak for everyone, yet you try in every post. 2.) Even if you only bought games with "Nintendo" on the cover (and that seems to be the case) you still missed out. Mario Kart, Wario Land, Animal Crossing? They did a fine job supporting the console last year after Brawl. 3.) Nintendo tried quality control with Disaster and everyone cried. There's no reason to ask for it, and then when Nintendo decides a game isn't good enough, throw an uproar and complain.
Ultamite-Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ultamite-Ninja
Member since 2007 • 1109 Posts
[QUOTE="alphamale1989"]

Discuss.

Not to mension they have Punch Out!! and Sin and Punishment coming out this year.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

Nintendo Sucks the Wii is going up in the UK.

Nomad0404

haha, gotta lova forgetting commas.

(on topic)

I really haven't been impressed with anything Nintendo has been doing this gen to be honest besides releasing the console in refference to their big titles.

Zeldawas boring due to many factors (imo)

Mario was an awesome concept, but boring (imo)

Metroid was probably my favorite, but wasn't anything impressive (besides the controls being awesome)

SSBB, just don't see what the hype is...plus the online was horrible

Super Paper Mario haven't played it so I can't judge it

Mario Strikers Charged same as paper Mario, decent online (from what I've heard)

MarioKart was extremely fun, controls worked well, and the online worked

One game out seven (again, this is imo) that impressed me is not good. Ok, 1 out of 5 to be generous since I haven't played 2 of them.

I didn't even list Animal Crossing because I find that to be a joke, and now we get Wiiplaycontrolports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's hoping that WiiSports Resort/Punch Out!!! come through:roll:

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
The new Nintendo is not lazy, but greedy, clumsy and ungrateful. They also are overconfident and I hope they get burned and go back to the old ways. Oh, and the Zelda you mention is actually a Gamecube port.
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 alphamale1989
[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

[QUOTE="Nomad0404"]

(on topic)

I really haven't been impressed with anything Nintendo has been doing this gen to be honest besides releasing the console in refference to their big titles.

Metroid was probably my favorite, but wasn't anything impressive (besides the controls being awesome)

Mario Strikers Charged same as paper Mario, decent online (from what I've heard)

One game out seven (again, this is imo) that impressed me is not good. Ok, 1 out of 5 to be generous since I haven't played 2 of them.

I didn't even list Animal Crossing because I find that to be a joke, and now we get Wiiplaycontrolports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well even if you don't like the first four titles you listed they were generally well recieved. So you could say (based on the majority opinion) that all four of there major titles delivered. I agree with your opinions on Animal Crossing and Mario Kart. You might want to at least rent Super Paper Mario - its a fun, unique title. BTW great post, lots of color fun to look at.
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 alphamale1989

[QUOTE="alphamale1989"][QUOTE="Rocky32189"]Yes, we played and loved all those games but most want a steady stream of good games throughout the system's lifecycle like we had with the NES, SNES, N64, and GC. Now, Nintendo is replacing new games with ports since they realized that they no longer need to try. That is why everyone is mad. However, I don't think anyone should go nuts until after E3.Rocky32189

But they aren't replacing new games with ports.

I'm sorry but you are wrong. They are replacing new games with the ports. In 2008 we had 4 new first party games in the first half of the year. In the first half of 2009, we are getting 2 new first party games and 3 ports.

Heres the way I see it: 1. The combined effort of all those "Wiimakes" isn't very significant. It's really not taking up that much of Nintendos resources. 2. As I keep saying: they have unloaded all the bullets in there gun. Between November 2006 and November 2007 Nintendo released THREE heavy hitters. Brawl came a couple months after. Four heavy hitters. And some other great 1st party games were released in that timespan as well. Nintendo gamers were very happy during that time but, naturally they need time before they can release some more big games. Videogame droughts happen.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

[QUOTE="Nomad0404"]

alphamale1989

(on topic)

Well even if you don't like the first four titles you listed they were generally well recieved. So you could say (based on the majority opinion) that all four of there major titles delivered. I agree with your opinions on Animal Crossing and Mario Kart. You might want to at least rent Super Paper Mario - its a fun, unique title. BTW great post, lots of color fun to look at.

Yeah I would assume Paper Mario would be at least decent. It's hard to have a Mario Platformer that's not when it's Nintendo. Those 4 titles were all well received, but I think I just expected more from each of them to be honest. They were all very solid running, good looking games just like Nintendo games alwaysare....but I think every single formula (from those games) have just become somewhat stale. Again, it's most likely me...but you have to understand, I've been playing those same games since they very first came out. I've seen alot come and go, and I expect more from Nintendo.

Thanks for the compliment though, I figured it would liven things up a tad

SkyGTRline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SkyGTRline
Member since 2009 • 58 Posts

No offense mate but the standard of some gamers are just too low, yeh we had Mario Galaxy...great game but the easiest 3D Mario game so far....yeh we had Zelda TP...not even in the same class as Ocarina of Time..Metroid Prime 3 not as good as Metroid Prime 1 or 2.stike22

No offense, but the standard of some gamers are exceedingly high. You can't expect every Zelda to score a 11 out of 10. Regarding the issue of the overall difficulty of the mentioned games, I think you're missing a crucial concept of such implementations. Nintendo is trying to bring gaming to the masses, which include demographics who have never played before or have stopped playing. Having the difficulty bumped up to the point of where it is just fine for most 'hardcore' gamers - arguably the same level where it would be frustrating for newcomers, isn't exactly the best idea when compared to having a game such as Super Mario Galaxy for example, an "all access" game where the difficulty of completing it is at your discretion. If I remember correctly, Nintendo is adding guides to its games within the software or something to that extent, so the possibility of a bump in overall difficulty in future games is there.

The games are getting either easier or they are lacking something, if Nintendo is gonna make us wait then the games had best be better then previous gens...but they are not unless your a noob Nintendo fan...again not being offensive got nothing against noobs but the fact is Nintendo is taking too long to make their games.

I have completed all the great games on Wii about 3 times over, thats around 17 games, all completed. Need more and Nintendo just is getting them out quick enough...AS FOR SHOVELWARE that never seems to stop coming out...Nintendo needs to control their damn console and start releasing some more good bloody games on it, because its a sick joke.stike22

So you would like games to come out at a faster rate and yet at the same time it takes time to create quality software. Quantity over quality or vice versa, I'm confused with your preference here. In before "if Nintendo is gonna make us wait then the games had best be better then previous gens", refer to my above quote "You can't expect every Zelda to score a 11 out of 10". In before "why not have quality and quantity?", refer to my above quote "No offense, but the standard of some gamers are exceedingly high".

As for 'bloody' games, I may have the wrong assumption in the context in which that word was used, but such games were never Nintendo's preference. Even so, that doesn't stop games like Madworld and Resident Evil from being released.

And where the heck is STARFOX! F-Zero! Nintendo promised games like this ages ago...Starfox is supposedly in development however its been years and not a single word yet they can make all these other crap gimmick games like there's no tomorrow! thats why Nintendo is getting cursed at the moment.

The Wii is a fine console and I haven't got a problem with it, however Nintendo isn't putting it to its full potential, instead they are wasting time with crap games and take ages to bring out the proper games...I haven't had a Wii game since BRAWL!...thats what 6months without a damn game! thats a damn joke!stike22

I've been hungry for Star Fox since the N64 version as well : /. The ones released since on the GC took away all the pros of what made me love the original SNES and N64 versions.

As for Nintendo releasing gimmicky games, I'd like to know what you're refering to. If its about the GC remakes, I have no comment. As for everything else including Wii Sports and Wii Fit, these are software that have been proven to expand the gaming market as an introduction to newcomers on what the Wii is all about and the potential, the possibilities of gaming. The fact that gaming has become/is becoming mainstream and a lifestyle is in large due to Nintendo's approach and continued efforts in market expansion.

Nintendo needs to restore itself now and get back to making quality because from what I have seen on Wii games its a sick joke, you physically have to dig past the shovelware in shops just to find one decent game, its that bad. Nintendo's golden age was N64 and anything before, Gamecube was underrated and is better then Wii as far as I am concerned and Wii was a great idea but it has more shovelware then anything else.stike22

Shovelware aside, the rest of your remarks are all subjective. Regardless of whether or not games this generation (from Nintendo) exceeded their predecessors, they were widely regarded as 'quality games'.

maxgil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 maxgil2
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

Discuss.

alphamale1989

The past, if you keep looking @ the past, you might as well go back to SNES era & claim Nintendo ROCKS!...Nintendo didn't really deliver much during 2008 holidays time - Wii Music, & Animal Crossing *rehash*, BUT @ the same time, they spoke out against 3rd party abt how they don't get it etc etc..kinda hypocritical don't you think?

Luckily in 2009 *even early 2009* 3rd party delivered..Nintendo has yet to bring something to the table.

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 stike22
Its got nothing to do with official rating or anything the Nintendo games today are too easy and no where near as good as the previous gens, thats a fact. As well as Wii is getting more shovelware then anything else, and actual Nintendo games and good games are taking too long to get made thats another fact...X360 has at least 50 great games, Wii has just about reached 20...thats pathetic and Wii has very few good third party games while X360 has tons of them. Its a damn fact Nintendo's golden age was N64 era, even Gamecube was fine compared to Wii...I have never seen such a console...gets shovelware by the thousands yet only a couple of great games a year...thats a fact and its doesn't matter how you try to defend Wii or be a fanboy, Nintendo isn't meeting standards right now. I mean seriously who is still playing Mario Galaxy or Zelda TP? I have clocked them like 20 times each...they have been out for years and they aren't even in the same league as Ocarina of Time. Mario Galaxy was a great game but it was far too easy and linear, if it wasn't then it would have been perfect. Nintendo is taking too long to make their games and when they come they are all far to easy and the difficulty of these games is a joke, seriously if Nintendo is gonna make games like that then they best have difficulty settings. Nintendo hasn't released an actual Nintendo game since Brawl...6months...thats a joke...I am not lying Last Remnant, RESI 5, Fallout 3 and a bunch of others, all of these games are a hundred times bigger then any Wii game we have seen, yet they have been made quicker then half of Nintendo's games....there is no excuse thats a pathetic joke. How can RESI 5 be made quicker then a New Starfox or F-Zero...or even remakes are taking Nintendo longer then Fallout 3 or RESI 5...its a joke...until Nintendo get it together they are gonna get complainers.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AlexSays
Nintendo hasn't released an actual Nintendo game since Brawl...6months...thats a jokestike22
Animal Crossing and Wario Land aren't Nintendo games? ...Please.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AlexSays
Its got nothing to do with official rating or anything the Nintendo games today are too easy and no where near as good as the previous gens, thats a fact.stike22
That's an opinion. You have a problem with this. You assume everyone thinks just like you. As lovely as that would be, you're wrong.
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 stike22
Okay, todays games fine then, happy? they still aren't making enough of them...wait! are you being serious? you think that Mario Galaxy being easier then Mario Sunshine is an opinion? you are having a laugh mate. That ain't no opinion thats a fact. Make a post and ask everyone what is a hell of a lot easier Mario Galaxy or Mario Sunshine...the answer is obvious, you have to be a noob to think Mario Galaxy is harder. Nintendo still isn't making games fast enough, simple...and if you call Animal Crossing and Wario Land hardcore games your having yourself a laugh...I have already got a damn Animal Crossing and I don't care to spend a stupid price on a gimmick game just so I can play it on console, as for Warioland I could complete that in a mere day, I do not care to have 2D games on the bloody Wii, its 2009 need some actual new Nintendo games...besides I have already clocked all the Wario's on Gameboy...I do not need an easier one on console. I need some ACTUAL Nintendo games or some actual good games that won't be complete in a day...All they have to do is make some sequels from Gamecube or N64 games thats all...instead they would rather make gimmicks and a ton of shovelware. I don't think people think like me at all, you see the fact is golden age was N64 and consoles before, Gamecube is fine as well but the Wii is a joke at th moment because it hasn't got enough actual games...thats a serious fact and if it isn't then how come there is so much complaining about shovelware...Nintendo isn't putting Wii to its full potential, we all know thats true and so they will get complaints...simple. I have a much better question, why the hell do people defend a console with endless shovelware and a ton of gimmick games? thats a much better question.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#30 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Sure, they gave us good games close to launch. Now's when they need to start following it up. They haven't officially announced a new entry in the zelda franchise, they haven't announced a new IP of any sort, and they are putting all their resources into stuff like wii music and GC ports.

Yeah, i'm a little upset.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AlexSays
wait! are you being serious? you think that Mario Galaxy being easier then Mario Sunshine is an opinion? you are having a laugh mate. That ain't no opinion thats a fact. Make a post and ask everyone what is a hell of a lot easier Mario Galaxy or Mario Sunshine...the answer is obvious, you have to be a noob to think Mario Galaxy is harder.stike22
And let the inconsistencies begin...
the Nintendo games today are too easy and no where near as good as the previous gens, thats a fact.stike22
You said "Nintendo games" That means you meant every game. Saying every game from this gen is easier than every other Nintendo game ever made is wrong. Nowhere did you specifically say Galaxy. Nice try though.
I have a much better question, why the hell do people defend a console with endless shovelware and a ton of gimmick games? thats a much better question.stike22
Oh that's an awesome question deserving of an awesome answer Because some people are intelligent enough to ignore the bad games and play the good ones. It's all very crazy, I know. Let me know if you're not getting any of this.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

The fact is that within the past 2 years we have got an entry in almost every Nintendo series: A Zelda, a Mario, a Mario Kart, a Paper Mario, a Metriod, a SmashBros., and an Aninimal Crossing. All within a period of 2 years, all of them were phenomonal.

alphamale1989

I found the bolded titles to be quite underwhelming.And I prefer the GC version of Twilight Princess over the Wii version for various reasons.

Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

you think that Mario Galaxy being easier then Mario Sunshine is an opinion? you are having a laugh mate. That ain't no opinion thats a fact.stike22

No I think what he is referring to is how you said mario galaxy and the other games you listed weren't good. And hes right you seem to presume you speak for all of us when you make your statements about those games its all opinion. And why are you holding these games to the standard of the greatest games nintendo ever released? your only setting yourself up for disappointment when your expectations are unreasonably high. While nintendo hasn't unveiled anything huge yet it makes more since that they wouldn't show anything till its close to release since they figured they probably didnt want to make people mad by delaying everygame since its not polished or because it wasn't ready.

blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#34 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts

I agree with you wholeheartedly. It's really just been the third-party support that's been lazy and suckish. But that's improving greatly this year. I think by the end of 2009, the Wii will be the system to own. But that's just my opinion. Some people didn't like Animal Crossing.

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 stike22
I think Wii will be a little better by the end of this year as well, but still they have taken ages to get to this point...as for Animal Crossing I don't hate it, its just that its not a real game its basically a Wifi chat game, like all the complainers and real Nintendo fans I just want to see Nintendo's Actual games because frankly the Third party games on Wii are all too short. Seriously Nintendo need to get their fingers out and make some actual games. I already know all the ones they are making but again they are taking far too long to make and release them. All I can say is thank god Wii has VC or it would be completely dead.