A question concerning the Wii and children...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Millennium_King
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Millennium_King
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
I'm getting my 5 year old daughter a Wii for christmas. I'm also getting the greats like Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy for myself to enjoy. I know my daughter will like Wii Sports, but what other titles will she be able to enjoy?
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34778 Posts
Let her play Galaxy. That's about the only child-friendly game I've played, WiiSports aside.
Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts
Rayman Raving Rabbids andWarioware: Smooth Moves
awptimistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 awptimistic
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts
scarface
Hynaboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Hynaboy
Member since 2006 • 327 Posts
At 5 years old maybe you should stick to the movie to game tie in games like Shrek and Bee movie. Even if we think they are dodgy, kids still seem to see past the rankness of them. Anyway good luck with it!
ken12012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ken12012
Member since 2004 • 309 Posts

Get Wii Play. It comes with an extra Wiimote, meaning you can play games with her too!

My three younger cousins love Wii Sports, Warioware: Smooth Moves, and Wii Play. It's all they want to do when they come over.

Weslii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Weslii
Member since 2007 • 2309 Posts
Manhunt 2
dazzzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 dazzzilla
Member since 2006 • 1246 Posts

Whatever she likes who knows she might like TP anything.

I know to me there is no such thing as a game for children since most of the kids games are boring even for them.

I let my brother play GTA 3,VC,SA when he was 4 and nothing happend he enjoyed it and plays practically any game now and he's 7 im 15 and i think that it dosen;t matter what as long as its not over the limit like man hunt just let her enjoy what she enjoys.

and wii sports isnt really a childrens game it does get pretty boring after a few long hours and even the fittness meter is for 20+ year olds.

Wii sport is for people who dont care about games and bought a Wii but she will enjoy games for sure like ;

Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8

And I dont know maybe Super Paper Mario but sometimes it gets to where you have to think how to do it and some puzzles but the game is pretty fun.

And if you want the Online Virtual Console has ALOT of games and you will find some great games for her pretty cheap.

And movie games are hardly ever worth the 80+au you pay for them they are boring for anyone of any age

Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts

I let my brother play GTA 3,VC,SA when he was 4

dazzzilla

Wow... parents aren't even trying anymore these days, are they? That's really bad.

dazzzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 dazzzilla
Member since 2006 • 1246 Posts

Im his brother not parent, but I dont see why not what harm does it do it's what he likes playing, not every person will play GTA and copy it in real life I think that is one main reason why people are so strict.

I know myself what the limit is which I think is Manhunt which is over the limit I wouldnt touch it myself I think its disgusting.

I never played a video game till maybe 1997 i was 5 and played mario kart 64 when a person i knew got his n64 then i got my n64 n mario kart in 2000 in 2001 ps1 the most violent game i played earliest was medievil 1 n 2 on psone in 2000 and 2001 then gta2 i was about 9 in 2003 xmas (11) i got my ps2 with gta3 n im still fine.

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
[QUOTE="dazzzilla"]

I let my brother play GTA 3,VC,SA when he was 4

The_Pig_Hostage

Wow... parents aren't even trying anymore these days, are they? That's really bad.

I grew up with SmashTV, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, comic books, rock music, and slasher flicks. Look at me, I'm perfectly fine!

*twitch twitch*

But seriously though, she will enjoy Mario Galaxy and WarioWare. Have you thought about buying any Virtual Console games?
theICE_MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 theICE_MAN
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts

scarfaceawptimistic
Lol

Dont get her scarface.. Pokemon battle revo if she likes it I guess.

Avatar image for KINGmastergamer
KINGmastergamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 KINGmastergamer
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts
something simple and easy like mario party or super mario galaxy, smooth moves, lol u could get her boogie and let her dance her self to sleep or sumthin fun like that
fmacraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fmacraze
Member since 2007 • 5658 Posts
i personally didnt liek super paper mario.... but yur kid mite.... consider renting it first if youre plannin on gettin it... galaxy shoiuld be good too