A new Tale Spin should be made for Wii (Hear Me Out)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

TaleSpin Fanmade By Me Wii Boxart(My first Boxart. Came out better than I expected Yay:D )

Either on WiiWare or Retail (I'm guessing WiiWare though but retail would allow a more complete and better developed game).

You start out choosing either Baloo, Kit CloudKicker, Louie or Rebecca and during the game you can unlock more characters such as Sher Khan and Don Karnage (Most likely after beating the game because the game would revolve around Sher Khan doing business with Don Karnage which he pays Karnage todo some dirty work toCape Suzette and other places, I can't get into full details right now because I got other things on my mind and it's kinda giving me slight writers block).

Anyway, It would be a Cell Shaded Free-Roaming like GTA along with Third Person Camera with a choice of First or Third Person when you enter vehicles such as the SeaDuck. There woud be many different vehicles to use but each character would have boosted stats once in their respected vehicle ala, Baloo would obviously get a stat boost when driving the SeaDuck.

There would be air missions like the obvious deliver cargo in which you'd have to battle Air Pirates from Don Karnage's crew along with others such as Kolonel Spickett etc to keep them from stealing your cargo.

Alsoinfiltration missions where you'd have to use the SeaDuck and other planesto evade and sneak into enemy territory to rescue those captured along with stealing back valuable items stolen by whoever's base you're infiltrating.

Ground missions would be a must have too where you'd have to do stuff like beat up gang members such as Owl Capone and the boys, disguise yourself to fool guards so you can get inside of palace walls and other things.

Multiplayer is a must. Local would allow for 2 player split screen co-opwhich also makes enemies harder and gives access to missions that couldn't be obtained on single player such as:

• If one person chooses Baloo and the other chooses Louie, there would be missions where one player would have to distract guards while the other player sneaks in behind them to gain access to secret areas otherwise unattainable on single player and other stuff.
  • Also, if local multiplayer is selected, while doing things such as fighting Air Pirates, one player could fly the plane while the other could uses Kit or whoever to hang out the back of the SeaDuck and cloudsurf and use items to blind, annoy, confuseand deter enemies. I'm guessing Split Screenwould work goodfor this.
  • Weather Conditions would also affect Flight missions such as Cloud Surfing would be more difficult ina storm due to having to avoid Lightning as well as the Air Pirates attacks. But you'd be able to lure Air Pirates into a lightning strikealso so it could play as an ally in that aspect. If the second players energy gets low, they can reenter the plane and refill their energy until they're ready to get back out and cloudsurf.
  • Skill Pointscan be gained while flying, cloudsurfing and other things whichcan be usedto upgrade the characters andvehicles.

Of course, each character would have their own unique abilities like:

• Kit can Cloudsurf which would help fight Air Pirates and allow for access to areas that are far away and require a glider of some sort to get to.
  • Louie can climb which can allow for access to areas that climbing is needed along with extra sneak up diversions.
  • Rebecca could disguise herself better to get past certain guards that otherwise aren't easily fooled by a simple disguise allowing for access to secret areas.
  • Baloo would have the strength to move huge objects that others can't allowing for access to hidden rooms along with the ability to throw allies up to areas where the ally canlower a rope or something to allow Baloo to reach.

Online multiplayer would support up to 8 players (2 player online play from the same console as wellsimilar toMario Kart Wii) where they can play modes such as:

• Dogfight - Basic Free For All Deathmatch with powerups
  • Team Dogfight - Team Deathmatch with powerups
  • Search and Rescue - which of course someone would be kidnapped and all the players would battle to rescue whoever was captured and bring them back to the safety, of course just getting to the captured person is half the battle, getting them back is another battle because now everybody is targeting whoever has the rescuee and they can steal the rescuee from you and steal your glory.
  • Scavenger Hunt -where every player is given different things they have to find where they'd have to use both ground and air abilities to get the items and get back to the finish first (Of course enemies canknock the items out of your cargo so you'd have to not only watch out for other players knocking out your items but AI controlled air pirates as well).
  • Air Racing would be another mode(where you have to fly through randomly selected rings before your opponentsand beat them back to the finish line, special rings would give the planes turbo boosts and weapon powerups to use to gain anddefendthe lead kinda Diddy Kong Racing or Mario Kart-ish and they could pull it off seeing as how Nintendo is helping them).
  • and more modes.

Of course this is just a quick idea I had but I believe if Disney and Nintendo got together to make this game happen, it would turn out great. Thoughts?

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nini200
Anybody? This game could be great. Come on.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Haha I loved me some Tale Spin. unfortunately I don't see Disney pulling this one out of the bowels of the vault. Kind of sounds like one of the Lego games too. Maybe you should send this idea to Warren Spector, maybe that Disney nut will try it lol.
steetboris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 steetboris
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Well, that's a very interesting idea :) I'm a huge fan of TaleSpin (and the owner of a fansite dedicated to it : http://www.animationsource.org/talespin/en/) I think that TaleSpin is the animated series with the most varied situations and genres. Which helps a lot on making a video game. That's a real shame the video games that have been made around this series have not taken advantage of this! (and none of them can be considered as "good" unfortunately) So yes, I do believe that if they were to make a new TaleSpin game, that would be a winner! The only problem, is that Disney is not making any efforts with their Disney Afternoon properties. They just don't seem to care at all about them, which is a huge mistake because they were very popular and still are well regarded by everyone who had the chance to see them. BUT it may still be possible. We can never say "never". One example is the new (successful) Darkwing Duck comics that are coming from Boom! Studios (which bought the licence from Disney) Also, Warren Spector (the guy behind Epic Mickey) is trying like mad to make Disney approve a new Ducktales game! Unfortunately, Warren is mostly a fan of the ducks, and has never watched TaleSpin (he replied this to me on his blog) Still, the most realistic would be a game with all the Disney Afternoon properties, a bit like Kingdom Hearts. Or even a KH games with such worlds! That wouldn't require a huge risk from them (as KH always sell like piece of cake) and would be more original instead of doing the very same worlds again and again. And I know MANY people would LOVE to revisit them! And Disney would be able to reintroduce these series to the new generations. If I worked at Disney or Square Enix, that's EXACTLY what I would do. It's a win-win situation. If you like TaleSpin, could you consider joining us on our "TaleSpin Virtual Season" project? Check this for more information : http://www.animationsource.org/talespin/en/custom/&id_film=9&nump=2758
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
LOL when i got in the thread i was thinking of a spinoff of a "Tales Of" game, like tales of symphonia 2 :P
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nini200
Haha I loved me some Tale Spin. unfortunately I don't see Disney pulling this one out of the bowels of the vault. Kind of sounds like one of the Lego games too. Maybe you should send this idea to Warren Spector, maybe that Disney nut will try it lol. Sepewrath
Haaa Sepe!!! Hey that doesn't sound bad but from reading steetboris' response, Warren mainly likes Disney Ducks, but he is doing Epic Mickey so who knows? It wouldn't hurt to try. @ SteetBoris I agree that TaleSpin had ALOT of diversity in the storyline which does make for good games. I just really have been on a TaleSpin sugar rush lately (currently up to episode 61) and the ideas that could be made around this show are almost limitless. I do however like Darkwing Duck as well LETS GET DANGEROUS!!! And how is Launchpad on 2 shows? Anywho, who would win in an airrace? Launchpad or Baloo? I know a guy who would be a serious asset to your forum. I'll see if I can get him to join. He's a cartoonaholic (Not as much as me but he is addicted to them) and he's seriously into fan fictions and continuing discontinued franchises. I believe an Open World TaleSpin could be a great game that offers Ground and Flight Simulation and combat. Heck, if they wanted, They could even allow in further games an Open World Aladdin (Which would kick the crap out of Prince of Persia) along with other Disney Open World games. They could even do crossovers. Man, the possibilities are endless. Why noone at Disney has thought of this, I may never know. @Bruno HAAAA!!!! I see what you mean. What a Goof. Haaa!!!
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i loved the old nes game but that was Disney made good games unlike nowdays with that said i loved love a wii game if it was done right get voice overs from the cartoon and writers from the show come back to write the story in the game and have cartoon fmvs done by the artists from the old cartoon and it be great
steetboris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 steetboris
I know a guy who would be a serious asset to your forum. I'll see if I can get him to join. He's a cartoonaholic (Not as much as me but he is addicted to them) and he's seriously into fan fictions and continuing discontinued franchises.nini200
Well please do! The more we are, the more fun it becomes :)
I believe an Open World TaleSpin could be a great game that offers Ground and Flight Simulation and combat. Heck, if they wanted, They could even allow in further games an Open World Aladdin (Which would kick the crap out of Prince of Persia) along with other Disney Open World games. They could even do crossovers. Man, the possibilities are endless. Why noone at Disney has thought of this, I may never know.nini200
Yes, an open world would be very nice. I have some concerns about such games being very expensive though. Maybe something between "all open" and "all-linear" would be best, something along the lines of what Epic Mickey seems to offer. And yes, Disney should really make some crossovers, especially with all the great characters they have. Kingdom Hearts was a first step, it's amazing they've waited for so long to do another thing like this (Epic Mickey I mean) Actually Warren said that he would watch TaleSpin now that he saw my site :) Here is his full answer : "I can't talk about what might or might not be in the game, but it's good to hear from a fan. I have to admit, I never watched TaleSpin (though after bopping over to your website, I think I'll check it out), but I'm a big Ducktales fan. Actually, I'm a big Carl Barks fan, the comic book artist and writer who created a lot of the material that inspired the Ducktales series. If you haven't turned your readers onto Barks - or if you haven't experienced the joys of his work yourself - go do so! You won't regret it." http://junctionpoint.wordpress.com/2010/06/26/e3-2010-or-two-rooms-eight-walls-and-the-coolest-thing-ever-part-5/#comments I REALLY love that guy, it's not every day that you can actually get an answer from a famous creator like him :)
if it was done right get voice overs from the cartoon and writers from the show come back to write the story in the gameelbert_b_23
Well Jymn Magon (the co-creator of the TaleSpin series) would much likely contribute if it were to happen. I know this because he told me that he was very interested to make TaleSpin comics with Boom! Studios (the ones behind the new Darkwing comics) NB : Jymn has answered a LOT of questions from the fans on my site : http://www.animationsource.org/talespin/en/custom_questions/&id_film=9&nump=1338
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nini200

WHOA Steet!!! Maybe you can post a link to this thread for fans on your site to come give their thoughts as well as send this info to Warren and Jymn. Maybe we can make something happen if it gets in the right hands.

That's verycool that you got a real response from Warren instead of automated. Also, I just emailed the guy I mentioned so hopefully he'll join your site. He's really good with fan fictions and such.

Man, an open world Aladdin would be "a Whole New World". Haaa!!!

Yeah, they would have to get the original voices and use atrademarked original soundtrack as well as come up with some twists on the soundtrack for a fresh feel to an already established selection of music from the series. Man that game sounds better and better every time I think about it.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts

Tale Spin? *In an Obiwan voice* Now that's a name I haven't heard in a very long time. It's a cool concept, but it seem way too ambitious a project for Disney to tie its name to. Maybe tone it down, and write some ideas for a Dark Wing Duck and Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers games too just for fun. :P

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nini200

Tale Spin? *In an Obiwan voice* Now that's a name I haven't heard in a very long time. It's a cool concept, but it seem way too ambitious a project for Disney to tie its name to. Maybe tone it down, and write some ideas for a Dark Wing Duck and Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers games too just for fun. :P

Renegade_Fury
Umm What? I didn't understand if that was a compliment or a joke. Anywho, those would be some really great games if done correctly.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

i loved the old nes game but that was Disney made good games unlike nowdays elbert_b_23

Disney made chip and Dale too, right? That game on the NES was one of my favorites back in the day....

If theres one game I want Nintendo to put on VC, it would be Chip and Dale. The game was crack when playing with other people IMO....

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nini200

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]i loved the old nes game but that was Disney made good games unlike nowdays tocool340

Disney made chip and Dale too, right? That game on the NES was one of my favorites back in the day....

If theres one game I want Nintendo to put on VC, it would be Chip and Dale. The game was crack when playing with other people IMO....

True, Chip N Dale was a great game back then but it wasn't easy by any means. It should get a WiiWare update but keep it side scrolling though. I mean it would work with 3D but I'd prefer Chip N Dale to remain Side Scrolling maybe even 2.5D.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#14 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

well...If the Game is anything like Snoopy Flying Ace for the 360 then sure I'm up for a Tale Spin game for Wii.

Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]i loved the old nes game but that was Disney made good games unlike nowdays tocool340

Capcom is responsible for all the awesome NES disney games, im pretty sure legal issues are whats keeping capcom from putting them on there since they no longer own the rights to publish games for those series. It would be cool to play all those again though.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nini200

[QUOTE="tocool340"]

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]i loved the old nes game but that was Disney made good games unlike nowdays Gohansephiroth

Capcom is responsible for all the awesome NES disney games, im pretty sure legal issues are whats keeping capcom from putting them on there since they no longer own the rights to publish games for those series. It would be cool to play all those again though.

true Capcom did make most of them. They could make a new one too. A open world Tale Spin is begging to be made. It's sooo many possibilities within that series alone that it could be one really great game. Somebody needs to make it. I'm taking Java now so if noone else does, Once I understand Java good enough then I'll do it myself and maybe put it on whatever store Nintendo has at that time.
Djinji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Djinji
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Gohansephiroth"]

[QUOTE="tocool340"]

nini200

true Capcom did make most of them. They could make a new one too. A open world Tale Spin is begging to be made. It's sooo many possibilities within that series alone that it could be one really great game. Somebody needs to make it. I'm taking Java now so if noone else does, Once I understand Java good enough then I'll do it myself and maybe put it on whatever store Nintendo has at that time.

I highly doubt you'd be able to put the game on Nintendo's store. Disney will start a lawsuit against you immediately. Anyway, a Talespin game would be awesome. What'd be even more awesome is a Disney Afternoon MMO. I like all the Disney Afternoon shows, but my favorite is Duck Tales. An MMO in the Disney Afternoon Universe will be a winner if marketed well. The shows and the comics are extremely popular in Europe.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nini200
[QUOTE="Djinji"]

[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="Gohansephiroth"]

I highly doubt you'd be able to put the game on Nintendo's store. Disney will start a lawsuit against you immediately. Anyway, a Talespin game would be awesome. What'd be even more awesome is a Disney Afternoon MMO. I like all the Disney Afternoon shows, but my favorite is Duck Tales. An MMO in the Disney Afternoon Universe will be a winner if marketed well. The shows and the comics are extremely popular in Europe.

Whoa now that's a thought. Man, Disney afternoon had the best shows. Goof Troop, DarkWing Duck, Ducktales, Quack Pack, Gargoyles, Chip N Dale, Tale Spin and Many Many more. A game with all of them would be awesome. Oh and about the lawsuit, of course they would but then they'd have the idea in their heads to make one. So I win even though I lose lots of money, I gain... something.
*Djinjifila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 *Djinjifila
[QUOTE="Djinji"]

[QUOTE="nini200"] true Capcom did make most of them. They could make a new one too. A open world Tale Spin is begging to be made. It's sooo many possibilities within that series alone that it could be one really great game. Somebody needs to make it. I'm taking Java now so if noone else does, Once I understand Java good enough then I'll do it myself and maybe put it on whatever store Nintendo has at that time.nini200

Whoa now that's a thought. Man, Disney afternoon had the best shows. Goof Troop, DarkWing Duck, Ducktales, Quack Pack, Gargoyles, Chip N Dale, Tale Spin and Many Many more. A game with all of them would be awesome. Oh and about the lawsuit, of course they would but then they'd have the idea in their heads to make one. So I win even though I lose lots of money, I gain... something.

Quack Pack & Goof Troop could easily be incorporated in the Duck Tales universe. Anyway.. an MMO should e made based on the classic DA series ( at launch ) - Duck Tales, Chip & Dale, Tale Spin and Darkwing Duck. A lot of thought and hard work should be put into the making of the game. And only people that love, understand and have knowledge about the series should work on the game. Disney should open their money bin, though and be very generous, haha.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nini200

Quack Pack & Goof Troop could easily be incorporated in the Duck Tales universe. Anyway.. an MMO should e made based on the classic DA series ( at launch ) - Duck Tales, Chip & Dale, Tale Spin and Darkwing Duck. A lot of thought and hard work should be put into the making of the game. And only people that love, understand and have knowledge about the series should work on the game. Disney should open their money bin, though and be very generous, haha.Djinjifila

True about Quack Pack, not so sure about Goof Troop being incorporated with Duck Tales easily though but hey they did meet in House of Mouse among other thingsso it's possible.Anyway, A MMO would be very interesting but I don't want it to turn out like ToonTown Online(Not Bonker's ToonTown because that would be cool). If Disney were to make a MMO based on their Disney Afternoon shows, they should seriously work their tails off to make sure it is one of the best Disney games ever made. I honestly agree wholeheartedly about only people that love, understand and have knowledge about the seriesbeing the only ones towork on the game but I think that for everybody, not just Disney (Thus the reason for tons of craptastic comic and video game movies - most of them have absolutely NO understanding of the project they're working on example, The new Street Fighter Movie, Chun LiWASN'T EVENCHINESE. How hard is it for a Casting director to go to Comic Com/Dragon Con/Cosplay Events and find someone that looks identical to her?

Watch this.

Chun Li

And there you go. That took every bit of 5 seconds to find. A good Chun Li that lookssomewhat similar tothe character she supposed to be playing. Why is that so hard for Casting directors to do?).

Anyway, back on topic sort of, Scrooge could fund the entire project himself. :lol: Seriously though, Disney has the funds to get it made especially after the recent acquiringof Marvel. They should open up that Money Bin or maybe get Bonkers to go give Scrooge a Sepina if he doesn't fork over the dough for this game. :lol:

A MMO Full Open World Disney Afternoongame should seriouslybe made. The potential with a game such as that is unbelievable. So many different characters, storylines, cities/towns and possibilities. Just thinking about Gargoyles meetingAladdin is banana's. Chip N Dale meet Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck meeting Goof Troop, Timon & Pumba/Lion Kingmeets Tale Spin/Jungle Book. Man there is real potential in these shows. Don Karnage meets Steel Beak, Sher Khan meets Jafar and Rajah (Jasmine's Tiger), Meg (Hercules) meets Esmeralda (Hunchback),Ursulameets The Demon of the Mountain (Fantasia), Pete meets Abis Mal, Iago meets well... Anybody :lol: . The more I think about this, the more I want it made. There are too many Dream Crossover's here.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nini200

I wonder if Disney would just Publish the game while another company actually Develops it? That could open up LOADS of possible capable developers that could make this game the experience it should be. I would say a joint effort between Namco Bandai and Either Capcom or RetroStudios for the GroundSimulation. Namco Bandaicould get the Air Simulation of the game correct while Capcom or Retro could work on the Ground aspects of the game. With a team up like that, they can't go wrong.

Djinji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Djinji
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

No Namco or Capcom, please.... The air simulation in the TaleSpin part of the game does not have to be realistic. I highly doubt that any of those companies can do the IP's justice. Junction Point will be a better choice. Anyway, it could be an entirely new studio, that consists of fans and developers that know and understand the IP's. Of course it will be awesome if Don Rosa gets involved too, and some other people that took part in the creation of TaleSpin and the other IP's.

What's important though - Disney should only publish the game, and only interfere if needed.

Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24 Aero5555
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts

Children of the 80's unite! Nice idea dude, though Tales Spin and Rescue Rangers were my least favorite out of all early 90's Disney Afternoon shows it would be great as a flight-sim for Wii. Kinda off-topic but I ordered the Darkwing Duck DVD sets and I'm gonna recieve 'em soon.

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
LOL when i got in the thread i was thinking of a spinoff of a "Tales Of" game, like tales of symphonia 2 :PBrunoBRS
Haha, I was just thinking about that too.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nini200

HOLY MOLY This brought back major memories!!!

Disney Afternoon Intro

Disney Afternoon Theme

Man, they should seriously make the game have that music for the intro scene. Possibly just recreate that intro in full CG. That would be an awesome nostalgic intro.