6 Reasons I'm Buying The Wii U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Digital_DJ_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 Digital_DJ_00
Member since 2005 • 1460 Posts

1. - The Nintendo Wii U's disc format will read a MB speeed of 22, compared to Microsofts 12 MB and Sony's 9 MB. That's almost double the capacity, meaning alot less wait for loading times in games.

2. - The Nintendo Wii U will have a brand new OS and a brand new online infrastructure for socializing and online gaming, plus they're will be a reported easier alternative to the much scrutinized "friend codes". Oh, and it'll still be free.

3. - The Wii U will have 1GB of ram to run it's OS and video games. The PS3 & 360 have 512MB of ram, meaning the Wii U will have more room for potential than than the 360 or PS3.

4. The Wii U will be fully backwards compatible to run regular Wii games, but not Gamecube games.

5. The Wii U will be using the R700 (reported, but not confirmed by Nintendo) ATi based chip to run its games. This chip is a 2008 graphics chip that is 3 years ahead of the chips that the PS3 and 360 utilize. Which DOES mean that the Wii U will be the most advanced console ever made. (Until ofcourse, the 360 and PS3 successor hit shelves)

6. This will be the first Nintendo console that will allow us to play Zelda/Mario/Metroid in full 720/1080 HD :-) (If ofcourse, Nintendo makes those games)

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Comparing new gen to older gen ftw!
vtbob88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 vtbob88
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

Comparing new gen to older gen ftw!MonsieurX

....so I am guessing no one compared 360 or ps3 to the previous consoles when talking about improvements that were made? What else would we compare the WiiU to right now in order to show the progress that has been made?

Avatar image for deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
Member since 2012 • 1173 Posts
Comparing new gen to older gen ftw!MonsieurX
Considering the Wii U has nothing else to compare to this gen, what are you expecting people to compare it to?
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Coolest blog ever bro.

killerneub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 killerneub
Member since 2010 • 214 Posts

6 Reasons I'm Not Sure If I'm Buying The Wii U

- No DVD/Blue-Ray playback [seriously, most have a player but it would save me space and it runs on those discs, there is no reason it shouldn't play them]

- Not enough hard-core exclusives

- Costs; I realize $300 is a good price, but if the Xbox oo comes out next year will I feel like I should have waited

- Nintendo being the new Nintendo; Love Nintendo but, the cutesy things are annoying to me in my 20's, Wii remaining part of the name worries me

- Will the tablet controller be a bust, I can see it really working with some games but others,.. could get old

- The wait for good games; The launch titles look really weak to me, but could be worse I guess

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#7 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

I feel inclined to get a Wii U only because I want to play games like Metroid, Zelda and Smash Bros in HD with PS3 level graphics. That's all I want. I think this coming gen though I'm just gonna build a rig instead of getting a new console, unless they're reasonably priced around the $300 mark.

foxfacer2d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 foxfacer2d2
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts
the difference between an upscaled 1080p resolution and native resolution. gosh wii u is such break through console
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#9 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
My one reason I'm getting a Wii U. I get every console. :)
Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts
I preordered the WiiU the first day it became available. I love all the games nintendo has and has had to offer. The virtual console will have GC games available. The price is PERFECT, considering the new slim PS3 costs more and it's not as good. ( which I'm taking as a sign that the PS4 will not be coming out next year) *cough, 10 year life cycle, cough* I do own a PS3 for games like Black Ops, Grand Theft, and Rocksmith, So it's nice to see Black Ops 2 and possible Grand Theft to be coming to the Wii U so I can consolidate my gaming to just one Console. The Guy complaining that not enough "grown up" games aren't coming to the Wii U must not realize that Black Ops 2 and Assassin's Creed 3 are being released on the Wii U, plus Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U exclusive.
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

My six reasons:

1. Mario
2. Zelda
3. Metroid
4. Donkey Kong
5. See 1-4
6. See 5

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
ps4 and nextbox will probably have 4-8 gigs of ram lol
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
How is point 4 a good thing? Killing GCN controller ports? How are we going to play Smash?
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

How is point 4 a good thing? Killing GCN controller ports? How are we going to play Smash?Rod90

Go play the old Smash on your GameCube/Wii? can't be supporting it forever...you play the new Smash on the gamepad controller.

Well new 3D Mario, Metroid, Zelda...tho hope Nintendo revived some of their old ips - Starfox.. eagerly waiting to see what the people who made Xenoblade Chronicles is making for WiiU. Pretty much getting multiplat games. :D

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sphensen
ps4 and nextbox will probably have 4-8 gigs of ram lol lonewolf604
probably. probably not. i love how people argue with guesses and assumptions of what they want to be right. judging by the price of the new super slim PS3 and a sony exec saying the ps3 is just now hitting it's stride, i don't think we will see a ps4 for a few years
Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sphensen
probably. probably not. i love how people argue with guesses and assumptions of what they want to be right. judging by the price of the new super slim PS3 and a sony exec saying the ps3 is just now hitting it's stride, i don't think we will see a ps4 for a few years
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

You're hoping..anything about next XBOX/PS4 are just rumours until its release officially..guess you forgot they're also locking out 2nd hand market...if you want to believe rumours that is.

Digital_DJ_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Digital_DJ_00

My guess is that since Sony JUST announced a newer version of PS3, we won't see the PS4 until Q4 2014. Maybe even Q4 2015.... Microsoft unveiled their new consoles dashboard, and there have been leaks about it's OS name, so my guess is that the new Xbox 720 will come out in Q4 2013. I'm positive that Microsofts and Sony's new consoles will cost between $400 - $500.

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

How are we going to play Smash?Rod90
How? :?

tumblr_m56v6wEF6r1qe667mo4_500.jpg
7348613440_875a60aab2.jpg
usXVj.jpg

^ That's how. :cool:

Digital_DJ_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Digital_DJ_00

The Wii U Pro Controller will definately make it easier to play hard-core games.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

Let me rephrase that at how are we going to properly/comfortably play Smash Bros.

And besides, backwards compatibility with the GCN shouldn't be hard. Or if people expect GCN games in the Wii U's virtual console, what better way than to play it with GCN controllers?

Nintendo only made the "new versions" of the Wii console so that people wouldnt miss GCN ports on the Wii U.

blueydwlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blueydwlf
Member since 2007 • 385 Posts

Let me rephrase that at how are we going to properly/comfortably play Smash Bros.

And besides, backwards compatibility with the GCN shouldn't be hard. Or if people expect GCN games in the Wii U's virtual console, what better way than to play it with GCN controllers?

Nintendo only made the "new versions" of the Wii console so that people wouldnt miss GCN ports on the Wii U.

Rod90

Dude you have to let it go. Name another system on the market today that fully supports games and accessories from two hardware generations back. Smash Bros started on N64 should they include support for those controllers? When I play N64 games on the virtual console i have to use a classic controller or CCP. Yeah it sucks playing N64 games without an N64 controller but you adapt. A short time using the Gamepad of the U pro controller and you'll adapt too. We've been doing it every console generation for decades, the one exception being Sony (who cant seem to come up with anything better than the dualshock).

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

[QUOTE="Rod90"]

blueydwlf

Dude you have to let it go. Name another system on the market today that fully supports games and accessories from two hardware generations back. Smash Bros started on N64 should they include support for those controllers? When I play N64 games on the virtual console i have to use a classic controller or CCP. Yeah it sucks playing N64 games without an N64 controller but you adapt. A short time using the Gamepad of the U pro controller and you'll adapt too. We've been doing it every console generation for decades, the one exception being Sony (who cant seem to come up with anything better than the dualshock).

Technically the PS3 is fully backwards compatible with the PS1. It can play the games and can even use PS1 controllers with a USB adapter. Although of course most PS3's can't do anything with PS2 games. I'm personally okay with Nintendo abandoning Gamecube stuff. I don't really even play Smash Bros much but I'm sure I'll adapter to playing it with the classic controller and I'd rather play GC games as downloads on the Wii U VC. It would be really amazing if they upscaled them. I'd even be happy with HD collections of GC games, mostly as I hate to play games in 4:3 mode.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#24 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

while it is evident wii u is way more powerful then 360 ps3 blog it , im tired of hearing people cry about how powerful wii u isnt , when they dont know nothing cause they have not actually looked under the hood ,