3DS "maturity" upgrade

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bocskar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bocskar
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i was looking through the games that are already released and are going to be released for the 3DS and i didn't find too many "violent" games (it doesn't have to be "M" rated). i know Nintendo likes to focus on the more "child freindly games" but with the Wii-U supposedly coming out with better graphics and "violent game" capabilities, why wouldn't they put some of those " pro-gamer" titles on the 3DS? i understand they have ghost recon and splinter cell already, but i'd like to play some actual shooting/fighting/jacking somebody's card/ninja games that would appeal to a more mature crowd on my 3DS. anybody know if this day will ever come?
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

Well if you must, Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D comes out on June 28th. And I suppose Star Fox and Kid Icarus will have shooting technically

But games that involved action and shooting aren't nessecarily "mature" at all. Some of the most mature games I've ever played don't involve any sort of violence.

Heck, Pokemon RPGs require much more in depth thinking and strategy in both single player and multi-player than Call of Duty and Halo single player and multi-player. (which I like all 3 btw)

Additionally, the 3DS has three of the deepest, most fun fighters out right now on any handheld. Any "core" gamer would be proud to play them and enjoy hidden depth that comes from all of them.

Also, that day will only come when you change what your perception of what a "mature" game is.

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
I imagine we'll see a few more "mature" games on the 3DS, DOA is pretty up there, and Resident Evil is coming out soon, Devil Survivor, Metal Gear Solid 3, the system is still quite young, so it'll probably be a while before they start making more games for the older crowd (which is kind of stupid, seeing as probably the majority of people who own a 3DS aren't kids)
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

i was looking through the games that are already released and are going to be released for the 3DS and i didn't find too many "violent" games (it doesn't have to be "M" rated). i know Nintendo likes to focus on the more "child freindly games" but with the Wii-U supposedly coming out with better graphics and "violent game" capabilities, why wouldn't they put some of those " pro-gamer" titles on the 3DS? i understand they have ghost recon and splinter cell already, but i'd like to play some actual shooting/fighting/jacking somebody's card/ninja games that would appeal to a more mature crowd on my 3DS. anybody know if this day will ever come?Bocskar

What?

I don't see any link between maturity and appreciation of violence. :?

Anyways, there's nothing stopping anyone from developing M rated 3DS games, so if they decide there's a market for that sort of thing I'm sure we'll see some.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#5 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

The two Resident Evil titles are pretty "mature", and we might see some sort of Call of Duty games (the DS had some)

ShyGuy0504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ShyGuy0504
Member since 2009 • 1138 Posts

So playing games where you kill people makes you more mature?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#7 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

ShyGuy0504

Sasly, that's what the gaming world has come to :(

Mii_ller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mii_ller
Member since 2011 • 238 Posts

Are mature games really better than Everone or Teen games. Duke Nukem Forever (an incredebly violent, adult oriented game) just came out a few days ago, and the reviews for it have been terrible (3.5 from gamespot). Being a mature game, does it make Duke Nukem better than, lets say, Mario, or Zelda, or Pokemon, or Pilowings. Also, a pro gamer dosen't have to play mature games. A progamer is someone who plays a lot of video games.

JamTKD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 JamTKD
Member since 2011 • 156 Posts
What's that I hear? Snake? Snake?! SNNAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!
Ninja_Odin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ninja_Odin
Member since 2011 • 386 Posts
Sorry but most of the "mature" audience on 3DS don't give a crap about those types of games. There are viuolent games coming out, i use the term violent, not mature.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#11 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

There are plenty of great "haardcore" games on DS and there will surely be more on 3DS. Bloody doesn't equal mature.

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

Needing blood, drugs and sex is the opposite of mature

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Because violence makes a game good...
limonman32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 limonman32
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts

There are some truly amazing games that don't fall under your idea of mature.Ilook forward toOcarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, Super Mario, and Paper Mario. Games don't have to be "mature" to be good.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

maturity upgrade lol.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Good God, does this question always need to devolve into, "'M' games are the least mature, blahblahblah, etc etc"? M rated games are rated "M for Mature" because only people mature enough to recognize the difference between real violence and videogame violence are supposed to play them. So when someone says something about a 'mature' game, can we all stop being so damn nitpicky about the wording and get on with the discussion at hand?
joshuarocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 joshuarocker
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts
Good God, does this question always need to devolve into, "'M' games are the least mature, blahblahblah, etc etc"? M rated games are rated "M for Mature" because only people mature enough to recognize the difference between real violence and videogame violence are supposed to play them. So when someone says something about a 'mature' game, can we all stop being so damn nitpicky about the wording and get on with the discussion at hand?El_Zo1212o
Holla! Mature is the tittle that these games have been given by the ratings board so that's the way they are described. I don't know why everyone always has to jump in and point out how mature Mario games are. I like my marios and donkey kongs but I also like my mortal kombat and grand theft autos. I enjoy true to life rated R movies and I like some true to life "mature" games. It's a fact that nintendo is lacking in this department just like it's a fact that a large segment of the gaming population enjoys rated M titles.
iAmAbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iAmAbel
Member since 2011 • 860 Posts

Wait for luigi mansion then.

Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

Technically, I would say that The Sims is the most mature game ever. People who feel the need to have violence on the 3DS might not become psychopaths themselves, but will come pretty dang close.

Joncon88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Joncon88
Member since 2007 • 267 Posts
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Good God, does this question always need to devolve into, "'M' games are the least mature, blahblahblah, etc etc"? M rated games are rated "M for Mature" because only people mature enough to recognize the difference between real violence and videogame violence are supposed to play them. So when someone says something about a 'mature' game, can we all stop being so damn nitpicky about the wording and get on with the discussion at hand?joshuarocker
Holla! Mature is the tittle that these games have been given by the ratings board so that's the way they are described. I don't know why everyone always has to jump in and point out how mature Mario games are. I like my marios and donkey kongs but I also like my mortal kombat and grand theft autos. I enjoy true to life rated R movies and I like some true to life "mature" games. It's a fact that nintendo is lacking in this department just like it's a fact that a large segment of the gaming population enjoys rated M titles.

I couldn't agree with you and Z01212 any more. I hate how these guys start getting all defensive if someone asks where are the "mature" games. These games were rated... mature, because only mature people should be able to handle such violent, aggressive games. If you don't like that he is looking for that, turn the other cheek and go to your, "Mario is Mature" threads. As far as what the TC is looking for.... if the WiiU has some M titles coming out, expect the 3DS to follow
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
[QUOTE="joshuarocker"][QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Good God, does this question always need to devolve into, "'M' games are the least mature, blahblahblah, etc etc"? M rated games are rated "M for Mature" because only people mature enough to recognize the difference between real violence and videogame violence are supposed to play them. So when someone says something about a 'mature' game, can we all stop being so damn nitpicky about the wording and get on with the discussion at hand?Joncon88

I couldn't agree with you and Z01212 any more. I hate how these guys start getting all defensive if someone asks where are the "mature" games. These games were rated... mature, because only mature people should be able to handle such violent, aggressive games. If you don't like that he is looking for that, turn the other cheek and go to your, "Mario is Mature" threads. As far as what the TC is looking for.... if the WiiU has some M titles coming out, expect the 3DS to follow

The name is ZoRRo, by the way.
Xtatic324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Xtatic324
Member since 2003 • 1340 Posts

Sorry but most of the "mature" audience on 3DS don't give a crap about those types of games. There are viuolent games coming out, i use the term violent, not mature.Ninja_Odin

Thats what we want though. I love Zelda and like Mario games.. but nintendo needs to target EVERYONE.

Bocskar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bocskar

ShyGuy0504
does having an user image of a girl with her chest poking out make you mature? >.>
Bocskar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bocskar
Sorry but most of the "mature" audience on 3DS don't give a crap about those types of games. There are viuolent games coming out, i use the term violent, not mature.Ninja_Odin
yeah....yeah! that's what i'm trying to say. violent games. i put the quotations around "mature" cuzz i didn't have a direct definition but violent seems about right...
Bocskar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bocskar

maturity upgrade lol.

KBFloYd
i know huh....
Bocskar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bocskar
[QUOTE="joshuarocker"][QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Good God, does this question always need to devolve into, "'M' games are the least mature, blahblahblah, etc etc"? M rated games are rated "M for Mature" because only people mature enough to recognize the difference between real violence and videogame violence are supposed to play them. So when someone says something about a 'mature' game, can we all stop being so damn nitpicky about the wording and get on with the discussion at hand?Joncon88

there's a tear of joy in my eye ;)
Joncon88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Joncon88
Member since 2007 • 267 Posts
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="joshuarocker"] Holla! Mature is the tittle that these games have been given by the ratings board so that's the way they are described. I don't know why everyone always has to jump in and point out how mature Mario games are. I like my marios and donkey kongs but I also like my mortal kombat and grand theft autos. I enjoy true to life rated R movies and I like some true to life "mature" games. It's a fact that nintendo is lacking in this department just like it's a fact that a large segment of the gaming population enjoys rated M titles.

The name is ZoRRo, by the way.

ahh my bad.... didn't catch on to that, lol