3DS piracy question.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkenedsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darkenedsquire
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts

Hi guys I bought disgaea ds from amazon.co.uk from a seller named feena59 and started playing it today when I tried to save the game i realised the save didn't stay so I thought I had a faulty cartridge. I then realised a few odd things about the cart such as slight variations in the quality of the cartridge compared to my other ds games so now I'm thinking it's more than likely a fake copy.

I have emailed the seller asked for a refund etc. However now I'm worried the system update will brick my 3DS as many sites have been saying the 3DS logs the games you play and if you play a pirate copy then the update will flick a "killswitch" and brick the console.

What should I do? should I not update my console? If I update it and it dies would there be any customer service solutions etc.

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Well, first off, always be causous when you buy DS games off of the internet.

But now, if you are really concerned about the update bricking your 3DS, tomorrow after the update happens, call Nintendo and explain to them your situation (do this before updating your 3DS). And they will help you.

If your system does brick, just mail it to Nintendo to be fixed.

Though personally I dont think your system will brick.

darkenedsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 darkenedsquire
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts

Yeah hopefully not as I'm looking forward to the E-shop I thought buying new from amazon was fairly safe but it seems pirate copies get everywhere now adays.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 buft
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts
that sucks, i notice so many of these bootleg games threads recently
dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts
It's not that hard to avoid bootlegs so long as you stick with reputable vendors.
JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

there is no "killswitch" for playing bootleg games. Nintendo just trying to scare people. They would be sued so fast if they enabled a feature to turn someones $250 handheld into a paper weight.

joshuarocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 joshuarocker
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts

Yeah hopefully not as I'm looking forward to the E-shop I thought buying new from amazon was fairly safe but it seems pirate copies get everywhere now adays.

darkenedsquire
Buying from amazon is safe but you bought from a 3rd party seller. Buying something from a 3rd party seller through amazons website is the same as buying something on eBay. I would most definately report this to amazon and leave proper feedback.