3DS Has Seemingly Improved My Eyesight

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrazyOldDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 CrazyOldDave
Member since 2009 • 245 Posts

Basically I have a lazy eye as it is called (I am 18 btw), I have had this for years and I did not know until a few months ago when I someone tried making my eyes go cross-eyed with their finger but I couldn't, the right eye was looking at their finger and the left eye wasn't doing anything when their finger got closer to my face between my eyes.

Ever since then I have noticed I can't read very clearly over a metre or so away from me through my left eye (my right eye has perfect vision), now everyday in frustration I would try closing my right eye in order to allow my left eye to focus and hopefully grow back the muscles in order to move and focus properly, this did not work.

I even thought having this lazy eye would stop me from using the 3DS's 3D effect, turns out I was wrong about this and I can see 3DS games in 3D perfectly fine. After playing on my new 3DS for a couple of hours continuously for the first time out of curiosity to see if the 3D had messed up my eyes I did what I usually would as a test for my left eye. I was very happy when I found out the opposite had occurred, the vision in my left eye had improved and fairly dramatically for the amount of hours I had played the portable.

The end result of this, I believe that the 3DS could help people with lazy-eye to recover their ability to see. And yes people with lazy eye can see the 3D effect on the 3DS but depending on how badly you have a lazy eye may effect this. Lastly I am very happy that this has occurred and I would like to thank Nintendo for creating and selling this device.

P.S. I am no expert on eye sight or the human body, this is based upon what I know, also I am not suggesting anyone under the age of six use the 3D effect on the 3DS as Nintendo has stated they should not.

Mini2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mini2
Member since 2003 • 129 Posts

This is awesome. I'm happy to hear that the system is having positive effects for you.

I'm really interested in hearing how this helps other people.

P.S. How are you liking the system otherwise? What have you been playing?

CrazyOldDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 CrazyOldDave
Member since 2009 • 245 Posts

Thank you :) I am very pleased myself :), and as to what I think of the system so far it is highly enjoyable and I consider it more fun than the wii so far, especially with the 3D effect, and AR Games. So far I have played all the stock games and SSFIV 3D which is damn amazing and easily comparable to its console counterparts, and I have literally just booted up Rayman 3D which is my last game.

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
Man I hope this works for me too. I just have poor vision in general and can only see up close without my glasses.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Basically I have a lazy eye as it is called (I am 18 btw), I have had this for years and I did not know until a few months ago when I someone tried making my eyes go cross-eyed with their finger but I couldn't, the right eye was looking at their finger and the left eye wasn't doing anything when their finger got closer to my face between my eyes.

Ever since then I have noticed I can't read very clearly over a metre or so away from me through my left eye (my right eye has perfect vision), now everyday in frustration I would try closing my right eye in order to allow my left eye to focus and hopefully grow back the muscles in order to move and focus properly, this did not work.

I even thought having this lazy eye would stop me from using the 3DS's 3D effect, turns out I was wrong about this and I can see 3DS games in 3D perfectly fine. After playing on my new 3DS for a couple of hours continuously for the first time out of curiosity to see if the 3D had messed up my eyes I did what I usually would as a test for my left eye. I was very happy when I found out the opposite had occurred, the vision in my left eye had improved and fairly dramatically for the amount of hours I had played the portable.

The end result of this, I believe that the 3DS could help people with lazy-eye to recover their ability to see. And yes people with lazy eye can see the 3D effect on the 3DS but depending on how badly you have a lazy eye may effect this. Lastly I am very happy that this has occurred and I would like to thank Nintendo for creating and selling this device.

P.S. I am no expert on eye sight or the human body, this is based upon what I know, also I am not suggesting anyone under the age of six use the 3D effect on the 3DS as Nintendo has stated they should not.

CrazyOldDave
I have similar issues with my eyes(I'm 25), and I like going to see 3d movies and playing 3d games because they force me to focus my eyes in order to catch the effect- if I am not actively focusing on keeping my eyes together, one will drift off- so I was hoping to hear something positive about this.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Thats amazing! Good to hear and I hope this has long term positive effects on your eye sight :)

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Good to hear. Maybe it will help my ever so slight lazy eye too.
champofcube15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 champofcube15
Member since 2004 • 1596 Posts

CrazyOldDave
You and I have the same situation. I also have a lazy left eye and have perfect vision in my right. This is just wonderful news... now I REALLY can't wait until Sunday! (I am 20 btw.)
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
You can now see in 3D! Miraculous!
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#10 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

lol i have a lazy eye but i still have perfect vision

tested by my doctor and my drivers license exam lol even with a lazy eye , and i still see 3d movies fine so i should be good with the 3ds 3d , i looked up what it could cause though nothing to serious just you get less depth percision ala you will see less on the side of were the lazy eye is, and it only happens in one eye most of the time ,

with that said , any one with a lazy eye will still be able to see 3d effects its people that are losing eye sight period -those who need glasses badly

those people will be the most affected