This topic is locked from further discussion.

powderdonut218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 powderdonut218
Member since 2004 • 1544 Posts

I'm just a little curious about whether or not 3DS games would be compatible on a DSi just without the 3d elements or would I have to buy the 3ds to play any 3ds game even if I don't care about 3d much. Thanks

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
the 3d is a new faster system. It would be like trying to play ps3 games on a ps2.
F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts

No they are not compatible. The 3DS cartridges have a little square to the right of them that won't even allow you to put them into the DSi let alone run the game. See below

Crystal-Rush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Crystal-Rush
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts
I cant believe we are still getting these types of questions after everything we know about the 3DS
dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

the 3d is a new faster system. It would be like trying to play ps3 games on a ps2. AutoPilotOn

Because the only difference between the PS2 and PS3 is that one has HD, right?

Seriously, why would anybody expect 3DS games to work in the DSi?

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]the 3d is a new faster system. It would be like trying to play ps3 games on a ps2. dzimm

Because the only difference between the PS2 and PS3 is that one has HD, right?

Seriously, why would anybody expect 3DS games to work in the DSi?

Because there are some people that will think like that. Anyways TC, no. 3DS games work only on 3DS. DS games, however, can be played on the 3DS as well. Just that they will not be in 3D.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts
I guess he thinks it's just a DS with 3D, similar to the DSi is just a DS with a camera. Who knows. *shrug*
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Here is the full break down. Because of how the 3DS game cartridges were purposely made, they will not fit into the DS, DS lite, i, or xl. Its pretty understandable why this is too, next generation. The 3DS is 100% backwards compatible with all games made for the DSi, xl, lite, and original DS (they were all just DS's after all). This 100% backwards compatibility also includes DSi ware games and software, by means of a SD card. The 3DS will also have VC like the Wii, so you will be able to expect to see your favorite gameboy and gameboy advance games showing up on it. Though something to note is that they will not be in 3D (or least I dont think they will be). Also, it doesnt matter if you are playing a DS game, or a DSi ware game, it will not play in 3D.

There is the break down.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts
I guess he thinks it's just a DS with 3D, similar to the DSi is just a DS with a camera. Who knows. *shrug*dzimm
Agreed, and he won't be the only one.
rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts
Omg imagine people buy a 3DS game thinking they can play it on their DS, and they open the case, and... too late! :P
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

Omg imagine people buy a 3DS game thinking they can play it on their DS, and they open the case, and... too late! :Prubber-chicken

Worse still is the backfire we get when people come to return and complain about how it SHOULD work for their DS. XD