Xenoblade Chronicles (N3DS) a Gamestop exclusive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

Given the Shulk Amiibo will be a Gamestop exclusive in the US, are the chances good that the New 3DS version of Xenoblade Chronicles will be Gamestop exclusive too?

At the very least the Amiibo news indicates that Gamestop is still interested in exclusivity and Nintendo is still interested in giving it to them. What if this also means you can only buy the digital eShop version through Gamestop? What about XCX on the Wii U?

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

@elheber: It's hard to say actually. The game hasn't been officially announced for the US I don't think. It's safe to say it will come here though.

The game was originally a gamestop exclusive when it came out on Wii so I assume it's possible the the N3DS version to be as well. I did think it was weird that the Shulk Amiibo was an exclusive.

I really don't think XCX on Wii U will be an exclusive. Nintendo has made it clear from the start that the game was coming out in all territories so I expect this to have a standard retail release. I'm actually considering digitally buying the game anyway on day one but I haven't decided yet.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@elheber: I didn't even know Xenoblade was coming to N3DS. Too bad, I was hoping it would be included with XCX ala Bayonetta.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@elheber said:

Given the Shulk Amiibo will be a Gamestop exclusive in the US, are the chances good that the New 3DS version of Xenoblade Chronicles will be Gamestop exclusive too?

At the very least the Amiibo news indicates that Gamestop is still interested in exclusivity and Nintendo is still interested in giving it to them. What if this also means you can only buy the digital eShop version through Gamestop? What about XCX on the Wii U?

I doubt it. Nintendo needs all the help it can get. I'd rather buy it off the eshop.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Would hope Nintendo would have learned their mistake for making Xenoblade Chronicles Wii a Gamestop exclusive. So I hope not...Gamestop will take people for a ride at any opportunity they could. :P

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

@superbuuman said:

Would hope Nintendo would have learned their mistake for making Xenoblade Chronicles Wii a Gamestop exclusive. So I hope not...Gamestop will take people for a ride at any opportunity they could. :P

If that were the case, the Shulk Amiibo wouldn't be a GameStop exclusive, no? So if there was a lesson to be learned, Nintendo hasn't learned it.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I wasn't aware Shulk amiibo was a Gamestop exclusive and that worries me. Store exclusives can become pretty damn rare, and I would prefer if this doesn't become a trend for the 3DS port and XCX.