Worried if I buy a Wii U, N will kill it off

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Lets face it the wii u is in trouble, it sold half of what the Dreamcast sold when they decided to discontinue it....I'm a bit worried that if I buy the wii u, Nintendo will kill it off in a year or so.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4197 Posts

@ps4hasnogames: Can we start a sticky that explains how different the situations are between the Wii U and the Dreamcast.

I'll make it simple -- Sega didn't discontinue the Dreamcast because of its sales. They discontinued the Dreamcast because they had no money to turn it around. Nintendo has lots of money. The Wii U isn't going anywhere.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@ps4hasnogames: Can we start a sticky that explains how different the situations are between the Wii U and the Dreamcast.

I'll make it simple -- Sega didn't discontinue the Dreamcast because of its sales. They discontinued the Dreamcast because they had no money to turn it around. Nintendo has lots of money. The Wii U isn't going anywhere.

Exactly this. You can also wait until 2017 since new gen consoles take around 5 to 6 years to be launched. We're already halfway there.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Even if we do, I'm positive people will ignore it and continue posting Wii U doom and gloom. :P

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

I get so tired of these posts. Even if Nintendo employee's were the only people to buy their console they would still support it. Wii U wont get killed off, it will last another 5 years. And Wii U is doing better then Xbox One, people seem to be blind to that. PS4 is number one, then Wii U then Xbox One.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#6 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

The topic shouldn't be here in the first place. Cross platform discussion isn't supposed to be allowed. If users want to compare Wii U to Dreamcast, they should do it in the System Wars forum.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

I get so tired of these posts. Even if Nintendo employee's were the only people to buy their console they would still support it. Wii U wont get killed off, it will last another 5 years. And Wii U is doing better then Xbox One, people seem to be blind to that. PS4 is number one, then Wii U then Xbox One.

i don't want to compare the 2 but xbox one already sold 5 million units, wii u sold 5 million and it took them a year longer. There is no way the wii u is doing better.... but back on topic I just don't want to buy a wii u only to have them kill it off soon, sorry if this upsets you people but Its the honest truth, there is already rumors that Nintendo is quietly planning to kill off the wii u because so far it has been an utter failure. It might be the least selling home console of all time during its first 2 years on the market.

I want one for MK8 and for a chance to play earthbound, but am scared that if I buy it support will stop, they already have almost no third party support.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

@ps4hasnogames: Rumors are rumors for a reason. Nintendo can not kill off the Wii U this soon because it'll do more harm to them than continuing to support it. If they did plan on killing off the Wii U, then they would have halted all development for games that will be released later this year and 2015. I would highly recommend waiting until E3 before making a decision. Although the Wii U is struggling, Nintendo is still making some kind of effort to support it and whatever they have stored for us in E3 will prove that.

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts

Well, if enough consumers maintain such an opinion and hesitates about buying it for that reason, then Nintendo would likely kill it off ^^

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

then dont buy it...

smash bros and mario kart are coming this year no question....those two games are enough for the whole gen imo...so if they kill it in 2015...im fine with it.

im not saying they will im just speaking hypothetical.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Master_Of_Fools

@ps4hasnogames:

Xbox One isn't selling anymore. Go into any store and they are on shelves. PS4 is the only one still sold out. Nobody likes the Xbox One with Kinect and crap. Here is Canada Xbox One is destroyed by PS4 and Wii U. Timeframe is meaningless. If Wii U came out the same time as PS4 and Xbox One it still would be at its 6 million now. It actually did decent for having such a sad game library. But if you want to believe in "rumors" go for it. There is a saying, history will repeat itself. Nintendo and doom and gloom is nothing new. Wii U will be another Gamecube which wasn't cancelled. Nintendo isn't going to cancel it. Please understand the industry a bit better. If anything Microsoft will cease the Xbox One.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

I doubt nintendo will pull the plug on the wiiu. You can wait if you want.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By GordanChoong
Member since 2014 • 227 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

Wait what reeally? I never knew and assumed that the Xbox One was actually doing much better than the WiiU in terms of profit and popularity.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GordanChoong

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

The topic shouldn't be here in the first place. Cross platform discussion isn't supposed to be allowed. If users want to compare Wii U to Dreamcast, they should do it in the System Wars forum.

You're not a game moderator, so shut the hell up! Get a life or I will get you banned, you troll! I just flagged your post, so sucks to be you!

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
@gordanchoong said:

You're not a game moderator, so shut the hell up! Get a life or I will get you banned, you troll! I just flagged your post, so sucks to be you!

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Master_Of_Fools

@gordanchoong:

The Xbox One is doing well in the UK and the USA. Everywhere else its a complete and miserable failure. Which is no surprise its a repeat of the 360, minus the RROD cause sales to triple. That's why the Xbox 360 has its numbers it does. In reality it should have 1/3 of its total life time sales cause almost everyone had to buy a 2nd or even a 3rd one lol. This time no RROD do sales stopped, plus Xbox One is everything wrong with the Gaming Industry so buying that is supporting the wrong thing lol.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4197 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:
@gordanchoong said:

Oh, be nice. He's only 12. This is probably his first message board. He doesn't know how it works, yet.

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 YearoftheSnake5

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Oh, be nice. He's only 12. This is probably his first message board. He doesn't know how it works, yet.

Yeah, you're right. That was a bit overkill. I actually debated on that one for a minute.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GordanChoong

@YearoftheSnake5 said:
@gordanchoong said:

LOL! Joke aside, you shouldn't be trolling other people. Can you prove that you're a gamepsot moderator then?

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GordanChoong

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Yeah, you're right. That was a bit overkill. I actually debated on that one for a minute.

I actually do and this is my fifth forum website that I joined. I am a newbie to this sit as I recently ditched shit.g.n and got sick and tired of their crap before coming here. and thanks for reminding me of my club nintendo account; i almost forgot that i had one. And yes, I know how it works, I was just doing that to piss yearofthesnake5 off, but it appears he is a troll himself who doesn't get affected by a counter-troll, just like me! :)

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By YearoftheSnake5

@gordanchoong said:

LOL! Joke aside, you shouldn't be trolling other people. Can you prove that you're a gamepsot moderator then?

Nope, I'm not a mod. I've been moderated a few times during my nearly 9-years on this site, so I don't think I meet quality standards. If I was asked, I'd probably do it.

In all seriousness, it wasn't supposed to be a troll attempt. I just get tired of seeing "compare Wii U to competitorSystemxyz" stuff around here.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GordanChoong

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@gordanchoong said:

Nope, I'm not a mod. I've been moderated a few times during my nearly 9-years on this site, so I don't think I meet quality standards. If I was asked, I'd probably do it.

In all seriousness, it wasn't supposed to be a troll attempt. I just get tired of seeing "compare Wii U to competitorSystemxyz" stuff around here.

Okay, but why didn't you just make a off-topic post or a system wars post and make it go viral? Kind of like how my Skyward Sword is the worst 3D Zelda game ever post became viral because it was so controversial and negative towards Skyward Sword.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@gordanchoong said:

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

You keep this up and you might be on the wrong end of that equation. You're flaming, and you are sending false flags. Let's not do either of those things anymore, this is your warning.

This topic doesn't belong here, it belongs in System Wars, cross platform discussion is not allowed here. (even with dead consoles) For reasons already stated, it's an incredibly flawed comparison anyway.