Wii to WiiU transferring help!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sakura14t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sakura14t
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Has anyone transferred data from Wii to Wii U yet? I was just about to when I saw that it would take in untransferable data. Does this include the copyrighted games like Animal Crossing and Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Will that data get deleted off of the Wii, or will it stay there?

Thank you!

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts
The data is deleting from the Wii's system memory and yes it even takes copy protected games like MH Tri. So since you cant make copy's of that on an SD card before making the transfer, it lives on on your Wii U.
KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts

do the channels like the nintendo channel or the voting channel also transfer ?

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#4 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
After you transfer, the eShop identifies your previous purchases? for example, I don't have all the games in my SD card due space contrains, but if the account is "moved" to the Wii U I will be able to download them later. Also my DLC from the in-game stores Anyone knows?
Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

I do know the Nintendo channel and check mii out will not transfer.

also, it will tell you everything it will transfer.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts
[QUOTE="enrique_marrodz"]After you transfer, the eShop identifies your previous purchases? for example, I don't have all the games in my SD card due space contrains, but if the account is "moved" to the Wii U I will be able to download them later. Also my DLC from the in-game stores Anyone knows?

Yes it recognizes any and all purchases, so you can redownload anything on the Wii U. However, you need to have a certain amount of space available on the SD card, because it copies everything that will transfer from the Wii memory and saves it on the SD card. So you can have two copies of everything briefly on the SD card before its moved to the Wii U flash memory. It will tell you after the transfer that you can download all your games on the Wii U and that you can redownload them on the Wii.
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="enrique_marrodz"]After you transfer, the eShop identifies your previous purchases? for example, I don't have all the games in my SD card due space contrains, but if the account is "moved" to the Wii U I will be able to download them later. Also my DLC from the in-game stores Anyone knows?

Yes it recognizes any and all purchases, so you can redownload anything on the Wii U. However, you need to have a certain amount of space available on the SD card, because it copies everything that will transfer from the Wii memory and saves it on the SD card. So you can have two copies of everything briefly on the SD card before its moved to the Wii U flash memory. It will tell you after the transfer that you can download all your games on the Wii U and that you can redownload them on the Wii.

Thanks a lot!