Why bother buying the WiiU if you didn't exclusively own the Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Flappykid
Member since 2012 • 161 Posts
Honestly? It just seems like an update that benchmarks it to the current gen. The Wii was a gimmick, we all accept that, but why isn't the new controller one? If the giant and unintuitive thing does anything other than act as a mini map that you house off the screen, or as an inexpensive handheld, then I might consider it. Otherwise what's the reason to believe that this is anything other than another cynical Nintendo scheme to make a flashbang buck, like they did with us and Wii hype? The exclusives are mediocre, more mario and Zelda games? Pikmin? Snore. Why buy it for third party games? I already have the current gen consoles, I don't need to buy another. The third parties aren't going to do anything major with the Wii U that excludes their core market. Maybe a couple of shovelware games, like they did with the Wagglin' wii after they discovered that is was an unintuative gimmick. Nintendo releasing the so called "hardcore pad" or whatever it's called, is pretty much an admission on their part that their famed handheld pad is to draw in more casuals. Why should I buy it? Why should this restore any faith I have in Nintendo?
GoneRabbid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GoneRabbid
Member since 2012 • 148 Posts

So you made a alt account just to hate on the Wii U ?

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

Well, first of all, the wii wasn't a gimmick. Microsoft's and Sony's versions were.

The wii was great, heck, it still is. Brawl is still fun to play, and I don't think I'll ever get bored of it. Wii has plenty of exclusives I could mention if you'd like, but for now, I'll go to wii u.

Yes, there has been tons of mario games lately, but for a mario fan like me, I won't get tired of them. Although, I think it's stupid they keep making "new" super mario bros games, they aren't even new anymore. Zelda games always bring something fresh and fun to the series. Pikmin? We haven't seen pikmin in forever, so what's wrong with that?

I would like nintendo to focus more on other titles though, like star fox, f zero, donkey kong, and pokemon (for a console. I'm tired of the hand held kind. Maybe pokemon snap 2). For the tablet, I think it's a better idea than people think. You can play the wii u and another console at the same time with that thing, and it could open up the possibility for more than 4 players locally.

Ofcourse, the best solution for you is to not buy it at all. You definitely don't seem like a nintendo fan, but for fans, I think it will be great.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Well so far it would be

Bayonetta 2

ZombiU

Rayman Legends

Pikmin 3

NSMBU

Wonderful 101

and more

WHile this is a strong lineup, it is not enough for me yet. I need a heavy hitter. I am sure one will get announced at E3, and hopefully it will blow my mind.

Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Flappykid

Well, first of all, the wii wasn't a gimmick. Microsoft's and Sony's versions were.

The wii was great, heck, it still is. Brawl is still fun to play, and I don't think I'll ever get bored of it. Wii has plenty of exclusives I could mention if you'd like, but for now, I'll go to wii u.

Yes, there has been tons of mario games lately, but for a mario fan like me, I won't get tired of them. Although, I think it's stupid they keep making "new" super mario bros games, they aren't even new anymore. Zelda games always bring something fresh and fun to the series. Pikmin? We haven't seen pikmin in forever, so what's wrong with that?

I would like nintendo to focus more on other titles though, like star fox, f zero, donkey kong, and pokemon (for a console. I'm tired of the hand held kind. Maybe pokemon snap 2). For the tablet, I think it's a better idea than people think. You can play the wii u and another console at the same time with that thing, and it could open up the possibility for more than 4 players locally.

Ofcourse, the best solution for you is to not buy it at all. You definitely don't seem like a nintendo fan, but for fans, I think it will be great.

Yoshi9000
Right so you didn't really refute any of my points, in fact you barely addressed them. Please don't post on any of my threads again please and thanks.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Honestly? It just seems like an update that benchmarks it to the current gen. The Wii was a gimmick, we all accept that, but why isn't the new controller one? If the giant and unintuitive thing does anything other than act as a mini map that you house off the screen, or as an inexpensive handheld, then I might consider it. Otherwise what's the reason to believe that this is anything other than another cynical Nintendo scheme to make a flashbang buck, like they did with us and Wii hype? The exclusives are mediocre, more mario and Zelda games? Pikmin? Snore. Why buy it for third party games? I already have the current gen consoles, I don't need to buy another. The third parties aren't going to do anything major with the Wii U that excludes their core market. Maybe a couple of shovelware games, like they did with the Wagglin' wii after they discovered that is was an unintuative gimmick. Nintendo releasing the so called "hardcore pad" or whatever it's called, is pretty much an admission on their part that their famed handheld pad is to draw in more casuals. Why should I buy it? Why should this restore any faith I have in Nintendo? Flappykid

As your superior, I prescribe this:

FINALLY! The Solution for ALL Complainers!

YOU'RE WELCOME!

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

Maybe because it has games you want on it?

Maybe your Wii is broken and you don't feel sending it into Nintendo to get it fixed? I mean, the WiiU is fully BC with Wii games and accesories

If you don't see I game you want, then don't buy it. If you do see a game you want, then buy it. Simple as that.

Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Flappykid
ZombieU looks like the poor cousin of Left4dead with wagglin', sorry I mean handheld pad (wrong gimmick), shoved in. Rayman, Pikmin and Wonderful 101 are all aimed at a particular demographic, I don't think you need me to tell you which one do I? It doesn't interest me. Bayonetta 2 wouldn't exist if the Wii U hadn't of demanded its creation as an exclusive. It's not a strong lineup at all. Thank you for being courteous though.
Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Flappykid

[QUOTE="Flappykid"]Honestly? It just seems like an update that benchmarks it to the current gen. The Wii was a gimmick, we all accept that, but why isn't the new controller one? If the giant and unintuitive thing does anything other than act as a mini map that you house off the screen, or as an inexpensive handheld, then I might consider it. Otherwise what's the reason to believe that this is anything other than another cynical Nintendo scheme to make a flashbang buck, like they did with us and Wii hype? The exclusives are mediocre, more mario and Zelda games? Pikmin? Snore. Why buy it for third party games? I already have the current gen consoles, I don't need to buy another. The third parties aren't going to do anything major with the Wii U that excludes their core market. Maybe a couple of shovelware games, like they did with the Wagglin' wii after they discovered that is was an unintuative gimmick. Nintendo releasing the so called "hardcore pad" or whatever it's called, is pretty much an admission on their part that their famed handheld pad is to draw in more casuals. Why should I buy it? Why should this restore any faith I have in Nintendo? wiifan001

YOU'RE WELCOME!

Nice 9gag picture, post some more and you might start becoming funny.
Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Flappykid

Maybe because it has games you want on it?

Maybe your Wii is broken and you don't feel sending it into Nintendo to get it fixed? I mean, the WiiU is fully BC with Wii games and accesories

If you don't see I game you want, then don't buy it. If you do see a game you want, then buy it. Simple as that.

GamerEye
I thought it was insinuated in my first post that I won't be buying it, was that not clear enough. I just wanted justification for why Nintendo are constantly and wrongly being bandied as "saviours of inovashun!!!!" They're not, they're just another deeply cynical org, perhaps even more cynical than Sony and MS because they seem to release halfway decent games some of the time.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#11 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="wiifan001"]

[QUOTE="Flappykid"]Honestly? It just seems like an update that benchmarks it to the current gen. The Wii was a gimmick, we all accept that, but why isn't the new controller one? If the giant and unintuitive thing does anything other than act as a mini map that you house off the screen, or as an inexpensive handheld, then I might consider it. Otherwise what's the reason to believe that this is anything other than another cynical Nintendo scheme to make a flashbang buck, like they did with us and Wii hype? The exclusives are mediocre, more mario and Zelda games? Pikmin? Snore. Why buy it for third party games? I already have the current gen consoles, I don't need to buy another. The third parties aren't going to do anything major with the Wii U that excludes their core market. Maybe a couple of shovelware games, like they did with the Wagglin' wii after they discovered that is was an unintuative gimmick. Nintendo releasing the so called "hardcore pad" or whatever it's called, is pretty much an admission on their part that their famed handheld pad is to draw in more casuals. Why should I buy it? Why should this restore any faith I have in Nintendo? Flappykid

YOU'RE WELCOME!

Nice 9gag picture, post some more and you might start becoming funny.

Bummer. You already got me laughing, at you.
Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Flappykid
Let's keep the flaming to a minimum and address the topic, yeah? Sound good? If not, please don't post on my thread again. Thanks.
Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Flappykid

I will if you take back your wrong opinions and false accusations of the Wii.

wiifan001
You attest to not caring with your oh so witty 9gag photo, and now you demand I revoke the fact that the Wii was a failure in the eyes of genuine gamers? You're tedious, leave so real discussion can continue.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

I can only speak for myself as a PS3/Wii owner. I was a big supporter of the Wii when it was announced and first came out but it didn't take long to be disillusioned as Nintendo doubled down on all the problems they've always had - bad graphics, baby/kids games, bad game library in general, lack of third party support, etc. And the motion conrols were never utilized properly in 90% of the games IMHO.

But I am the father of a 4 year old and 6 month old. My oldest enjoys videogames but 99.9% of my PS3 games are not appropriate for him to probably even watch, let alone play. He likes the racing games (which I generally don't) and some of the smaller games I got off of PS+. Again, not exactly the games I enjoy playing for the most part. I can't even begin to tell you how much Hamster Ball I've played.

His love for the Wii keeps comes and goes, but he definitely prefers it due to lots of good games that he can actually play. Wii Sports (and Resort), wii Play, Wii Party is HUGE in our house even though I've long ago grown tired of it. He even likes playing the games in Wii Fit. More recently he has (finally) gotten into Mario. So we play New Mario Bros together, which is way too hard for him but he is getting it and we have fun together. And he really loves Mario Galaxy and just watches me play. that is still a very solid game IMHO.

I WAS going to say F Nintendo after the Wii. I'm done. But lately my PS3 is collecting dust because I just don't have time with the new kid to play it. Other than those smaller games on occassion. But my copy of Skyrim and Infamous 2 and the million other games I've downloaded recently (or want to buy) is getting way too large to think about PS4. Even if I get an hour a night to play PS3 (which I don't), I would rather play something on the ipad, or read, or watch TV because I can't get into Skyrim in an hour. It would only be a tease and make me angry realizing how little time I have.

So I've pre-ordered the Wii U. Even if it is more of the same as the Wii, with better graphics, I know it is going to be used. NintendoLand I can already tell will be huge around our house with the kids. And personally, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea that some games can just be played on the controller. This is a feature I can guarantee I will be using on a regular basis as I can still play a game while the kids/wife watch TV.

So why bother buying the WiiU if I didn't exclusively own the wii? I just beleive that the Wii best fits with my life at this point. I wish it didn't. My friends and family all wonder why I don't just buy a gaming PC, or a PS4/"720"...and I will likely pick one at some point. But I just have way too much backlog at this point with my PS3 to work through, don't have time for those kinds of games, they aren't appropriate for kids and the Wii U will work.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

ZombieU looks like the poor cousin of Left4dead with wagglin'.Flappykid
It's not even using the wii remote

0/10

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts
"This forum is considered a sanctuary for Nintendo Wii and WiiU owners. Anti-Wii and WiiU discussions will be considered as a forum invasion." I wonder if this applies here....
Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Flappykid
I can respect that, you don't really have the time to play in depth games. Right now consoles like the Wii, and soon the Wii U, will cater for your kids and allow you to spend quality time with your family. Nothing wrong with that at all. What I'm getting at is the pointlessness of the Wii U for those who have the time/inclination to play slightly more serious games. The Xbox is already there, so is the Ps3, why a Wagglin' mk.2.0? But in your case I can fully understand plumming for the WiiU, you have kids to look after.
Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Flappykid
[QUOTE="1PMrFister"]"This forum is considered a sanctuary for Nintendo Wii and WiiU owners. Anti-Wii and WiiU discussions will be considered as a forum invasion." I wonder if this applies here....

Ouhhh, someone raises a point you don't like right off the bat and suddenly that's considered a nukeable offence. By all means, don't come onto my thread, keep living in your dreamland where everyone agrees with eachother and debate is left at the e-door.
Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Flappykid

[QUOTE="Flappykid"]ZombieU looks like the poor cousin of Left4dead with wagglin'.Shinobishyguy

0/10

wagglin'=gimmicky controller. Before you all go running to the thought police because someone dares to intrude on your little sanctuary with a contrary thought, I used to be a big nintendo fan and I thought a topic about nintendo belonged on the Nintendo thread. Does it not?
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

I'm buying it because it's next gen console. The Wii is dead, and the others will be gone in a year or two, now the U will get maybe 6 years of support.And Nintendo really excels in first party games and usually that alone is worth their consoles.Hopefully they keep it up with the WiiU. Plus I'm really digging that gamepad. It will make the single player experience much more convenient like what the DS did.

Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Flappykid

I'm buying it because it's next gen console. The Wii is dead, and the others will be gone in a year or two, now the U will get maybe 6 years of support.And Nintendo really excels in first party games and usually that alone is worth their consoles.Hopefully they keep it up with the WiiU. Plus I'm really digging that gamepad. It will make the single player experience much more convenient like what the DS did.

thetravman
It's not really a next gen console though, is it? It's an Xbox 375. The Wii died a year into it's release and no decent third party games came out as a result. The same thing will happen to the Wii U once the 720 and (possibly) the PS4 get released. Their hardware will shoot far past the Wii U's. The Wii U will be stuck right alongside the 360 and PS3 because that's where the consistent market resides. When the game changes in a year it'll be behind AGAIN, and we'll all see shovelware AGAIN. Smart gamers won't let themselves be gipped like they were with Wagglin'. oh and the Wii U controller looks like nothing more than a way of displaying the minimap on your controller, making you look away from the screen and thus ruining the flow of gaming. Utterly pointless gimmick if you ask me.
Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

Everyone just stop posting in this thread its an obvious troll attempt.

If you want to complain about Nintendo go to System Wars they will love you there.

Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Flappykid

Everyone just stop posting in this thread its an obvious troll attempt.

If you want to complain about Nintendo go to System Wars they will love you there.

Vickman178
I'm not trolling, calm down there's no need to get upset. Is there a way to move this to that other thread? Since you're all so desperate to avoid refuting I say.
1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts
[QUOTE="thetravman"]

Flappykid
It's not really a next gen console though, is it? It's an Xbox 375. The Wii died a year into it's release and no decent third party games came out as a result. The same thing will happen to the Wii U once the 720 and (possibly) the PS4 get released. Their hardware will shoot far past the Wii U's. The Wii U will be stuck right alongside the 360 and PS3 because that's where the consistent market resides. When the game changes in a year it'll be behind AGAIN, and we'll all see shovelware AGAIN. Smart gamers won't let themselves be gipped like they were with Wagglin'. oh and the Wii U controller looks like nothing more than a way of displaying the minimap on your controller, making you look away from the screen and thus ruining the flow of gaming. Utterly pointless gimmick if you ask me.

Hi, Zlychop.
Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Flappykid
[QUOTE="Flappykid"][QUOTE="thetravman"]

1PMrFister

Hi, Zlychop.

Who was he? I'd take it he's someone you regularly accuse people of being if they don't share your opinion? Didn't I ask you to leave my thread? I thought I did, you haven't added anything of worth.
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Honestly? It just seems like an update that benchmarks it to the current gen. The Wii was a gimmick, we all accept that, but why isn't the new controller one? If the giant and unintuitive thing does anything other than act as a mini map that you house off the screen, or as an inexpensive handheld, then I might consider it. Otherwise what's the reason to believe that this is anything other than another cynical Nintendo scheme to make a flashbang buck, like they did with us and Wii hype? The exclusives are mediocre, more mario and Zelda games? Pikmin? Snore. Why buy it for third party games? I already have the current gen consoles, I don't need to buy another. The third parties aren't going to do anything major with the Wii U that excludes their core market. Maybe a couple of shovelware games, like they did with the Wagglin' wii after they discovered that is was an unintuative gimmick. Nintendo releasing the so called "hardcore pad" or whatever it's called, is pretty much an admission on their part that their famed handheld pad is to draw in more casuals. Why should I buy it? Why should this restore any faith I have in Nintendo? Flappykid

Throughout the thread you're asking people to refute your OP. It isn't possible. Your OP is about broadcasting your opinion. Why should you buy it? Because it is a compelling buy for you.

Oh, it's not a compelling buy for you? Then don't buy it.

You essentially poo-poo everything that the Wii U offers. The Tablet controller, every exclusive game, the quality of multiplats. If you don't like anything the Wii U has to offer, then it's not for you - and that's OK.

The Wii wasn't for me, I only just got one a few months ago because the price on the used market here in NZ is at rock bottom. The Wii U is for me for many reasons, in particular I find the tablet controller interesting, I like the look of some of the games, etc.

You're more then welcome to have your own opinion and it is a most fascinating one. But please, don't try and convince us here that the Wii U is not a compelling buy at all based on the opinion of one suspiciously low-levelled poster.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thetravman

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

Flappykid

That's speculating, and I speculate otherwise. I fear if Sony and/or Microsoft make a huge leap in power this coming generation, they will have to resort to overly expensive products, which in this economy, will not work out for them. It's rumoured that the 720 is only 2-3 times more powerful than the 360, which is where the Wii U resides right now. If that's true, next gen will not be what you think. But we'll never know until then.

I hope solid third-party support will come around but like I said, I'm more interested in its First-Party titles.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

thetravman

That's speculating, and I speculate otherwise. I fear if Sony and/or Microsoft make a huge leap in power this coming generation, they will have to resort to overly expensive products, which in this economy, will not work out for them. It's rumoured that the 720 is only 2-3 times more powerful than the 360, which is where the Wii U resides right now. If that's true, next gen will not be what you think. But we'll never know until then.

I hope solid third-party support will come around but like I said, I'm more interested in its First-Party titles.

Not that thetravman needs any help at all. But I just want to make mention of that 56pg leaked document which specified the next MS console would release at a $299 price point including a Kinect2.

The gamepad is probably a bigger drain on funds than a Kinect 2 (debatable point and nobody can really know), but, that price point doesn't lead to a console wiff teh awsum graffix.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
I love people who make such a big deal about things they hate. Thanks for the laugh, OP. :lol: But seriously, there's nothing else/better to do? You seem to invest an unhealthy amount of time and effort into this. :)
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="Flappykid"]ZombieU looks like the poor cousin of Left4dead with wagglin'.Shinobishyguy

0/10

And while I have not watched enough of it, it looks better than L4D. L4D is so overrated. fun for a couple hours then it becomes so boring.

PS - it is ZombiU not ZombieU

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thetravman

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

[QUOTE="Flappykid"] It's not really a next gen console though, is it? It's an Xbox 375. The Wii died a year into it's release and no decent third party games came out as a result. The same thing will happen to the Wii U once the 720 and (possibly) the PS4 get released. Their hardware will shoot far past the Wii U's. The Wii U will be stuck right alongside the 360 and PS3 because that's where the consistent market resides. When the game changes in a year it'll be behind AGAIN, and we'll all see shovelware AGAIN. Smart gamers won't let themselves be gipped like they were with Wagglin'. oh and the Wii U controller looks like nothing more than a way of displaying the minimap on your controller, making you look away from the screen and thus ruining the flow of gaming. Utterly pointless gimmick if you ask me.psymon100

Not that thetravman needs any help at all. But I just want to make mention of that 56pg leaked document which specified the next MS console would release at a $299 price point including a Kinect2.

Makes sense since the document specifies that the 720 will be 4-6 times more powerful than the 360...which is not a big leap at all. If that's true, than the WiiU can hold up against it.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Why are you wasting your time trolling the WiiU on this board?

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
ZombieU looks like the poor cousin of Left4deadFlappykid
Not even close. If you've ever bothered to look at the game, you'd see the only things remotely similar are the zombies and the first person viewpoint. I still think most of the Wii U hate stems from branding it a "Wii" console. If they had called it a "DS" home console, it would be much more favorably looked upon. People(like our "not see" nazi host) look down on Wii U because they associate the name "wii" with the motion controller that turned out to be decidedly less than what we were expecting. People looked down on the DS at first because the 2 screen/touch screen idea looked gimmicky, but when developers started using it to advantage(instead of cramming it into a game for it's own sake), not only did people take it seriously, but it went on to be the top selling gaming device of all time. And to say that the second screen will be relegated to a minimap space all the time is nonsense- it can have many practical purposes- a minimap display, weapon selection, inventory management, secondary information(like the scan details in Metroid Prime or the journal pages and etc in Resident Evil games), and active secondary camera for RTSs showing points of interest on the battlefield. The list goes on. For my part, I fully expect to be asked for 5-700 bucks for the Nextbox/PS4 when they launch(if they plan to make a jump the size of PS2-PS3). Since there is no way I'll be paying that for a game console, Wii U will be the perfect thing to get me by the 3-5 years it'll take for the price of the next gen to drop sufficiently to induce me to buy in.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#35 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

So you made a alt account just to hate on the Wii U ?

GoneRabbid
Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

I know the second screen on Wii U is going to be used well and I know this just by looking at DS games and how well that was used.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="Flappykid"]ZombieU looks like the poor cousin of Left4dead with wagglin'.NaveedLife

0/10

And while I have not watched enough of it, it looks better than L4D. L4D is so overrated. fun for a couple hours then it becomes so boring.

PS - it is ZombiU not ZombieU

L4D is very repetitive, only fun in short spurts
Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 648 Posts

I can only speak for myself as a PS3/Wii owner. I was a big supporter of the Wii when it was announced and first came out but it didn't take long to be disillusioned as Nintendo doubled down on all the problems they've always had - bad graphics, baby/kids games, bad game library in general, lack of third party support, etc. And the motion conrols were never utilized properly in 90% of the games IMHO.

But I am the father of a 4 year old and 6 month old. My oldest enjoys videogames but 99.9% of my PS3 games are not appropriate for him to probably even watch, let alone play. He likes the racing games (which I generally don't) and some of the smaller games I got off of PS+. Again, not exactly the games I enjoy playing for the most part. I can't even begin to tell you how much Hamster Ball I've played.

His love for the Wii keeps comes and goes, but he definitely prefers it due to lots of good games that he can actually play. Wii Sports (and Resort), wii Play, Wii Party is HUGE in our house even though I've long ago grown tired of it. He even likes playing the games in Wii Fit. More recently he has (finally) gotten into Mario. So we play New Mario Bros together, which is way too hard for him but he is getting it and we have fun together. And he really loves Mario Galaxy and just watches me play. that is still a very solid game IMHO.

I WAS going to say F Nintendo after the Wii. I'm done. But lately my PS3 is collecting dust because I just don't have time with the new kid to play it. Other than those smaller games on occassion. But my copy of Skyrim and Infamous 2 and the million other games I've downloaded recently (or want to buy) is getting way too large to think about PS4. Even if I get an hour a night to play PS3 (which I don't), I would rather play something on the ipad, or read, or watch TV because I can't get into Skyrim in an hour. It would only be a tease and make me angry realizing how little time I have.

So I've pre-ordered the Wii U. Even if it is more of the same as the Wii, with better graphics, I know it is going to be used. NintendoLand I can already tell will be huge around our house with the kids. And personally, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea that some games can just be played on the controller. This is a feature I can guarantee I will be using on a regular basis as I can still play a game while the kids/wife watch TV.

So why bother buying the WiiU if I didn't exclusively own the wii? I just beleive that the Wii best fits with my life at this point. I wish it didn't. My friends and family all wonder why I don't just buy a gaming PC, or a PS4/"720"...and I will likely pick one at some point. But I just have way too much backlog at this point with my PS3 to work through, don't have time for those kinds of games, they aren't appropriate for kids and the Wii U will work.

ZIMdoom

I was in the exact same boat sept I have two daughters 3-5 and they love mario. I had a ps3/wii ds lite. I picked them all up along with the games and such and traded them in and it paid for my Wii U and a game. I figured I have a really nice pc so whatever I can play for not kid games it will be pc due to munchkins lol

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Elaisse
nintendo has always been coming out with those gimmiky things that sony and MS loooove to copy.
Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Flappykid

[QUOTE="Flappykid"]Honestly? It just seems like an update that benchmarks it to the current gen. The Wii was a gimmick, we all accept that, but why isn't the new controller one? If the giant and unintuitive thing does anything other than act as a mini map that you house off the screen, or as an inexpensive handheld, then I might consider it. Otherwise what's the reason to believe that this is anything other than another cynical Nintendo scheme to make a flashbang buck, like they did with us and Wii hype? The exclusives are mediocre, more mario and Zelda games? Pikmin? Snore. Why buy it for third party games? I already have the current gen consoles, I don't need to buy another. The third parties aren't going to do anything major with the Wii U that excludes their core market. Maybe a couple of shovelware games, like they did with the Wagglin' wii after they discovered that is was an unintuative gimmick. Nintendo releasing the so called "hardcore pad" or whatever it's called, is pretty much an admission on their part that their famed handheld pad is to draw in more casuals. Why should I buy it? Why should this restore any faith I have in Nintendo? psymon100

Throughout the thread you're asking people to refute your OP. It isn't possible. Your OP is about broadcasting your opinion. Why should you buy it? Because it is a compelling buy for you.

Oh, it's not a compelling buy for you? Then don't buy it.

You essentially poo-poo everything that the Wii U offers. The Tablet controller, every exclusive game, the quality of multiplats. If you don't like anything the Wii U has to offer, then it's not for you - and that's OK.

The Wii wasn't for me, I only just got one a few months ago because the price on the used market here in NZ is at rock bottom. The Wii U is for me for many reasons, in particular I find the tablet controller interesting, I like the look of some of the games, etc.

You're more then welcome to have your own opinion and it is a most fascinating one. But please, don't try and convince us here that the Wii U is not a compelling buy at all based on the opinion of one suspiciously low-levelled poster.

Ok, that's fair enough. You opt out of the conversation. Please don't post on the thread again. Thanks, Flappykid.
Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Flappykid

thetravman

Did you read the thread about the PS4 APU? Blows the Wii U away I've also read speculation that says the nextbox has much better hardware than the WiiU, in fact there are dozens of speculation threads if you just look them up. Ok, you enjoy games like Pikmin and Wii U sports, there's little hope I can convert you to the Microsoft/Sony catalog if that's the case.
Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Elaisse

And when will those be out?.

Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Flappykid
[QUOTE="Flappykid"]ZombieU looks like the poor cousin of Left4deadEl_Zo1212o
Not even close. If you've ever bothered to look at the game, you'd see the only things remotely similar are the zombies and the first person viewpoint. I still think most of the Wii U hate stems from branding it a "Wii" console. If they had called it a "DS" home console, it would be much more favorably looked upon. People(like our "not see" nazi host) look down on Wii U because they associate the name "wii" with the motion controller that turned out to be decidedly less than what we were expecting. People looked down on the DS at first because the 2 screen/touch screen idea looked gimmicky, but when developers started using it to advantage(instead of cramming it into a game for it's own sake), not only did people take it seriously, but it went on to be the top selling gaming device of all time. And to say that the second screen will be relegated to a minimap space all the time is nonsense- it can have many practical purposes- a minimap display, weapon selection, inventory management, secondary information(like the scan details in Metroid Prime or the journal pages and etc in Resident Evil games), and active secondary camera for RTSs showing points of interest on the battlefield. The list goes on. For my part, I fully expect to be asked for 5-700 bucks for the Nextbox/PS4 when they launch(if they plan to make a jump the size of PS2-PS3). Since there is no way I'll be paying that for a game console, Wii U will be the perfect thing to get me by the 3-5 years it'll take for the price of the next gen to drop sufficiently to induce me to buy in.

Oh, you mean some of us don't trust Nintendo and don't think they deserve to be a success again because of the disgrace that was Wagglin'. God Forbid that some of us are discerning customers. As for the Wagglin' 2.0 innovations, yeah, it might display some start menu options on the handheld screen, but why not just press start? Why do I have to divert my attention to a separate screen just to do something I can do on the same screen? Seems like a pointless addition to thrill the masses for a month. (gimmick) Ok, fair enough, you can buy the WiiU, which is essentially an Xbox/PS3 benchmark with slight improvement if you like. When all of the third parties that bother to create for Nintendo jump ship to the more powerful consoles in 1-2 years time, you'll be left in the same position you were with the Wii.
Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Flappykid

I know the second screen on Wii U is going to be used well and I know this just by looking at DS games and how well that was used.

Vickman178
Or look at the far more pertinent comparison, the Wii.
Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Elaisse

My guess is the wii u will be 5 years old before we see sony or ms be competition to the wii u.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Otherwise what's the reason to believe that this is anything other than another cynical Nintendo scheme to make a flashbang buck, like they did with us and Wii hype? The exclusives are mediocre, more mario and Zelda games? Pikmin? Snore. ? Flappykid

This statement pretty much makes you a troll. Why buy PS3 when there's XBOX 360?...oh right each system has their own exclusives. People buy Nintendo to play Mario, Metroid, Zelda & Pikmin (the ones you're calling a snore)..just like people buy 360 to play Halo, Gears of War..& PS3 to play God of War, Uncharted etc etc. The good about WiiU it will hopefully get multiplat games that appears on 360/PS3 which is what the Wii lack due to it not being HD.

Time to get mods to lock this troll thread.

Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Flappykid

[QUOTE="Flappykid"] Otherwise what's the reason to believe that this is anything other than another cynical Nintendo scheme to make a flashbang buck, like they did with us and Wii hype? The exclusives are mediocre, more mario and Zelda games? Pikmin? Snore. ? superbuuman

This statement pretty much makes you a troll. Why buy PS3 when there's XBOX 360?...oh right each system has their own exclusives. People buy Nintendo to play Mario, Metroid, Zelda & Pikmin (the ones you're calling a snore)..just like people buy 360 to play Halo, Gears of War..& PS3 to play God of War, Uncharted etc etc. The good about WiiU it will hopefully get multiplat games that appears on 360/PS3 which is what the Wii lack due to it not being HD.

Time to get mods to lock this troll thread.

You fanboys can't take a beating or objective analysis, can you? Once someone expresses an alternate opinion it's off crying to the mods you go. I got the 360 and PS3 (and the Wii when it came out, but not for the following reasons) in order to play games like GTA IV, Red Dead, LA Noire, the original Mass Effect, AC2, the list of gen defining games goes on and on. The Wii has none of them. Skyward sword was proof enough that the Zelda horse is already thouroughly flogged to death. It's now just a mass or horsey pulp that they scoop from and chuck on to fanboy plates. the barage of "new" Mario games is anything but. The only Nintendo exclusive that still had some life in it was metroid, but other M really was a knife to the kidneys of that series.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#48 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Okay, this has gone on far too long. I'm closing the topic due to the fact that cross-platform discussion where you try to belittle other posters is for System Wars, not platform specific boards.