What went wrong with Wii Play?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts
I am pretty surprised over the low reviews. I expected this game to be OK, not neccesairly score very high, but what happened? Wii sports is so much fun? For anyone that has played both- your opinions Did Nintendo just mess up on this one? Thanks in advance
cleary666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cleary666
Member since 2007 • 193 Posts
Wii play wasn meant to be a leading title, i think it was just a release game to amuse people for a few days until mor titles were released, hense why they sold it with a controller.

It wasnt a bad game, i enjoyed it alot, for 2 or 3 days. Whereas wii sports still keeps me amused
GumbieuK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 GumbieuK
Member since 2005 • 581 Posts
I still play it now, i think it's brilliant, provides me with alot of fun and is very simple for older and younger people to undertand and play. It has provided me and my family with alot of fun, not bad for a fiver :D
darkfame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 darkfame
Member since 2004 • 970 Posts
It's a game to make you used to the wiimote, though it has some deep enough minigames to keep coming back to. I'd say you get a Wiimote + a free game.. not the other way around.
Sublime360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sublime360
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts
Yeah I have both wii sports and wii play. Wii play is just to get people used to using the wii remote its not suppose to be a top game but it has a couple fun games on it.
bradglimpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bradglimpse
Member since 2003 • 838 Posts
Nothing. Its a $10 game to get you comfortable with the remote. Thats all it was ment for. Reviewers just need something to talk bad about since most have no lives. Sorry its not Gears of War guys
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11979 Posts
I am pretty surprised over the low reviews. I expected this game to be OK, not neccesairly score very high, but what happened? Wii sports is so much fun? For anyone that has played both- your opinions Did Nintendo just mess up on this one? Thanks in advancedhjohns
that's too bad
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
Nintendo didn't mess up with the game at all.
It's supposed to be a taste of how to use the Wiimote in a bunch of games.

It was never meant to be a title that stood on it's own as a must have.
It comes bundled with the Wiimote for a reason.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
I am pretty surprised over the low reviews. I expected this game to be OK, not neccesairly score very high, but what happened? Wii sports is so much fun? For anyone that has played both- your opinions Did Nintendo just mess up on this one? Thanks in advancedhjohns
Its basically Wii sports but unlike Wii sports they are charging you 50 dollars to basically buy a tech game, the controller that comes with it is a good idea but overall though its still shaky at best imo.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
I was thinking about getting this for the extra controller and billiards. Is pool any good on here?
Evilsmiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Evilsmiler
Member since 2005 • 284 Posts

well.....its wii play for a start!. Its a boring,rushed and pointless game that justs brain washes people to buy it cus its suppose to be cool with the wii remote or something....as if!!. It was more of a profit making scheme only, not to give gamers a sense of enjoyment out of it and a real gaming title!. I would have gave it less than 4/10 just looking at it!. Gotta do better than this Nintendo!

eggwaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 eggwaffle
Member since 2007 • 597 Posts
i loke it. mi m8 sez its better than wii sports but it was never meant to be a huge gr8 big release just a small multiplayer game
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34660 Posts
I think the game is called like "The first step to Wii" or something in japanese, so the game is just for beginners who wants to learn about the new controller, I guess. I'm not surprised about the reviews, in other words.
magrappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 magrappy
Member since 2003 • 1835 Posts
For its price its fantastic, but what where people expecting for next to nothing? I got it for £3 more then i was about to spend on a single Wii Remote and i think its pretty good.
snackdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 snackdaddy
Member since 2006 • 2122 Posts

I still play it now, i think it's brilliant, provides me with alot of fun and is very simple for older and younger people to undertand and play. It has provided me and my family with alot of fun, not bad for a fiver :DGumbieuK

Agreed!  Great for those first timers and non video game junkies!

Shotfire20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 Shotfire20
Member since 2005 • 1745 Posts
does it come with the numchuk too?
JayMatthews06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JayMatthews06
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts
It's a game to make you used to the wiimote, though it has some deep enough minigames to keep coming back to. I'd say you get a Wiimote + a free game.. not the other way around.darkfame

No - because if Nintendo marketed the game like that, you would end up with 3 copies of the game.
Kibaxox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kibaxox
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts

What went wrong?

Nothing...

I think it just needs more cool games...and just a little time

Avatar image for ColonialMustard
ColonialMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ColonialMustard
Member since 2006 • 318 Posts
Wii play isnt a game its a tech demo. It's ten dollars, it comes with a wii-mote(which pushes the price up to fifty). It's purpose is to show you what the wii mote is capable of, not to be a full fledged gaming experience. So in that sense theres nothing wrong with it.
gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gam3r3OOO
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts
consider too that its only a 5 or 10 dollar game
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
How is billiards? Is it a full game, or only like certain things you can do? Can you play 8 ball or 9 ball, or hopefully both?
JayqueCmarque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 JayqueCmarque
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts
Wii play just isnt good. Wii sports is really fun but we not do the obvious and make a career mode. That would of made it even funner.
joeyg1097

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 joeyg1097
Member since 2002 • 93 Posts
How is billiards? Is it a full game, or only like certain things you can do? Can you play 8 ball or 9 ball, or hopefully both?Dilrod
Billiards plays with 9-ball rules (no 8-ball) using ball-in-hand for fouls except modified in that you have to sink every ball to win in single player and there's no limit on fouls. Instead, fouls just add strokes to your score in single player and lowers your score in multiplayer. In multiplayer, you get points based on what ball you sink, eg. ball 4 = 4 points, ball 9 = 9 points, thus it is advantageous to try to sink higher number balls. It's a surprisingly deep game where you control cue direction, where you hit the cue-ball for spin (although you can't jump the ball, or, at least, I couldn't get it to work), and the amount of power in the shot. And just like in real life, you can screw over your buddy and force fouls by placing the cue-ball in awkward places, which is always fun to do :p