Trouble finding Pikmin 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

Hello, just bought a Wii U a few days ago and i can't find Pikmin 3 anywhere. Gamestop and none of the department stores near me sell it, and Amazon sells it brand new for $67. I'll have to buy a pre-owned copy from Gamestop for $50, which i guess isn't too bad.

But, why is it so hard to find? Did they stop producing it?

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

Jeez, already?!? I had a feeling this game would be hard to come by eventually, but not so soon.

Try other, non-gaming, stores like Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, or whatever is in your area. A quick look on ebay came up with a lot of copies in the $25 range. I don't use ebay, so I understand if you don't, but the games are there.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

I think I saw some copies at my nearest Walmart yesterday. If you have an external hard drive you can download it on the eShop. Check the online Nintendo store for it maybe. or look for better prices on Amazon?

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Just download it

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

What the O.P. is experiencing is par-for-the-course when it comes to Nintendo. I haven't seen a new copy at any B&M store since last Xmas.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Are you determined to have the hard copy of it? If it doesn't matter, just buy then download it from the eShop.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

What the O.P. is experiencing is par-for-the-course when it comes to Nintendo. I haven't seen a new copy at any B&M store since last Xmas.

Hm sounds like Pikmin 3 could use a reprint.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

Best Buy carries like a smattering of used Wii/U games that are junk and like maybe three-five of their newest titles and of course every skylanders and Disney infinity thing known to man... I just went on Best Buy online and purchased the Wii U titles I wanted and got them shipped from the warehouse since my local Best Buy has nothing that way I still got my gamer's unlocked discount. But it seems out of all the local retail stores Walmart has the best selection I guess no one told them the Wii U wasn't selling, haha.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@polishkid99: I got my copy last spring for $45 at BuyBacks. It seems like Nintendo games are always hard to find after awhile, and become very expensive. Nintendo may not print as many copies of a game as other publishers do, plus people tend to hold on to Nintendo games rather than trading them in like with others so that equally makes it harder to find.

Of course, you can find used copies of Zombi U and The Wonderful 101 everywhere now for like $15, lol

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

This is bad news I was thinking of getting pikmin3 off amazon.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

Just happened to stop by a Wally-mart that was near my university when i had some time to kill, and I found it there for a rollback price of 39.99.

Strange..I checked that locations website to see if they had it in stock after my purchase and the website was saying that had 0 but the actual store had about 4 in stock.