Super Smash Bros. 3DS reviews: 8.8 IGN; 8.0 GS; GT 7.4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5268 Posts

This is to let everyone know that both IGN and GameSpot has posted their reviews for Super Smash Bros. 3DS with IGN giving it a 8.8, while GameSpot gave it a 8.0.

Update: Gametrailers.com has given it a 7.4.

IGN review: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/26/super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-3ds-review

GameSpot review: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/super-smash-bros-3ds-review/1900-6415883/

Gametrailers.com review: http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/u9mt88/super-smash-bros--3ds-review

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Great scores :) Looks like it held up as a worthy Smash Bros. game.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Metascore at 88 at the moment.

The reviews aren't surprising. Quality game slightly held back by a handheld's limitations, but still fun as hell.

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

terrific score imo....i thought the 3ds version would be garbage. how wrong i was.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Yep, great score. Honestly my only problem with the game is that 3 of the characters should have been alt skins, but that's not going to stop me from enjoying the hell out of this. Now to decide if I want a physical copy or to download it.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KBFloYd
@yokofox33 said:

its not the same without the sound he makes LOL

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@onesiphorus: Well , i consider it a flop here in Gamespot but lets see what metacritic has to say so be fair about it.

Whatever the case , great game for the fans.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KBFloYd

@AzatiS said:

@onesiphorus: Well , i consider it a flop here in Gamespot but lets see what metacritic has to say so be fair about it.

what the hell are you doing here? do you own a 3DS or wiiU?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Wow, that's really bad.

You would think the first portable Smash Bros would be in the 9-9.5 range.

IGN (which is a pro Nintendo site) can't stomach giving it a 9 and Gamespot gives it an 8?

This is just another failure for Nintendo this generation. This is the latest of their core games to fail to reach the scores normally associated with them.

Add in that this didn't sell out in Japan and you have big trouble.

Enjoy this while you can Nintendo fans, this company isn't going to be around much longer.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KBFloYd

@Jaysonguy said:

Wow, that's really bad.

IGN (which is a pro Nintendo site) can't stomach giving it a 9 and Gamespot gives it an 8?

This is just another failure for Nintendo this generation. This is the latest of their core games to fail to reach the scores normally associated with them.

Enjoy this while you can Nintendo fans, this company isn't going to be around much longer.

3DS 50million systems sold

smash bros 1 million in 1 day in japan only on only 1 system.

yea im sure they are crying in their cheerios

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jaysonguy

@KBFloYd said:

@Jaysonguy said:

Wow, that's really bad.

Actually it's about 30k short but who wants to squabble about that?

Also I love that you just agreed with me in that post lol

Look at the number of 3DS systems in Japan (in case you're wondering it's 16 million and change)

Smash Bros sold almost 1 million so for fun let's say that one out of every 16 3DS sold in Japan has a Smash Bros connected, ok?

That's disgusting, there's no way around that

Mario Kart had a 1 in 3

New Mario Bros had a 1 in 5 and was considered a failure.

This? Pure failure.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AzatiS

@KBFloYd said:

@AzatiS said:

Isnt this Nintendo forum for everyone ?! Do i have to own something to have an opinion about it ?!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KBFloYd

@Jaysonguy said:

@KBFloYd said:

Look at the number of 3DS systems in Japan (in case you're wondering it's 16 million and change)

Smash Bros sold almost 1 million so for fun let's say that one out of every 16 3DS sold in Japan has a Smash Bros connected, ok?

Mario Kart had a 1 in 3

This? Pure failure.

spin spin spin little cat....3DS is successful and so was smash bros

everytime you make a post...10 3DS consoles and copy of smash are sold lol

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KBFloYd

@AzatiS said:

@KBFloYd said:

@AzatiS said:

Isnt this Nintendo forum for everyone ?! Do i have to own something to have an opinion about it ?!

you have to be researching buying one or commenting because you own one....otherwise youre trolling. go to system wars or general games section and make your nintendo threads there.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AzatiS

@KBFloYd said:

@AzatiS said:

@KBFloYd said:

@AzatiS said:

you have to be researching buying one or commenting because you own one....otherwise youre trolling. go to system wars or general games section and make your nintendo threads there.

How am i trolling exactly ? By saying my honest opinion about something ? Then you should never talk about any sport because you are not player yourself or politics or science or you name it . Bad example but you get my point. Where exactly did you see any signs of trolling.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jaysonguy

@KBFloYd said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@KBFloYd said:

Mario Kart had a 1 in 3

This? Pure failure.

The 3DS has been blown out of the water by the tablet and smartphone and Smash Bros is failing

You saying it's not doesn't change the facts

Let me know when anything you say makes the attach rate of Smash Bros closer than 16 to 1

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KBFloYd

@AzatiS said:

@KBFloYd said:

@AzatiS said:

How am i trolling exactly ? By saying my honest opinion about something ? Then you should never talk about any sport because you are not player yourself or politics or science or you name it . Bad example but you get my point. Where exactly did you see any signs of trolling.

using your sports analogy...what if i was a fan of basketball...and my team was the lakers....what if i went on the clippers board and down talked everything there.

thats trolling.

politics...if i was a democrat but i posted in the republican support forums with my agenda..guess what. id be trolling too.

so step the hell out... no one here cares about your opinion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KBFloYd

@Jaysonguy said:

@KBFloYd said:

The 3DS has been blown out of the water by the tablet and smartphone and Smash Bros is failing

You saying it's not doesn't change the facts

Let me know when anything you say makes the attach rate of Smash Bros closer than 16 to 1

smart phones and tablets are a different market than the 3ds. the ps4 is getting blown out by stand alone total PC sales every year.

im not changing facts... 1million is amazing and 50 million is terrific.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AzatiS

@KBFloYd said:

@AzatiS said:

@KBFloYd said:

@AzatiS said:

using your sports analogy...what if i was a fan of basketball...and my team was the lakers....what if i went on the clippers board and down talked everything there.

thats trolling.

politics...if i was a democrat but i posted in the republican support forums with my agenda..guess what. id be trolling too.

Ofc ... Saying to someone " if you dont own a Wii U you shouldnt lurk in Nintendo forums " ... thats ... as crap as it gets and clearly shows your mentality. This isnt System wars so relax sheep.

If you are a fanboy and you are with lakers then going to clippers to talk trash then yes , thats trolling. When you go to Clippers forums to congratulate them or give your honest opinion while backing up every single word you saying that is far from trolling.

Who are you to tell me to step out !?! Rofl !! Nobody ! You are too new in these forums to tell me to go out in the end of the day !! Ill say my opinion freely as i always do in whatever forum i feel like it !! So stop the blablabla and show me where exactly im trolling and how otherwise you are just another fanboy talking trash for a god know what reason.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

@Jaysonguy: Oh my god, didn't you just lecture me on facts in another thread yet you misrepresent Smash 3DS selling like 80%90% of its week one stock in Japan (and subsequently selling another few hundred K the next week) Or will you continue to talk in circles about Nintendo going out of business despite billions in the bank?

What does it matter, GameSpot won't do anything about it for whatever reason.

Would you like it if we all (and by that I mean, 90% Of people on Nintendo board who dislike your posting habits) flooded your profile with disruptive comments? No, actually that'd probably make you stronger somehow, feeding on souls and what not.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

@Jaysonguy: You telling someone that they're spinning facts for their own view while also spinning facts for your own view doesn't make you any better. Please, leave GameSpot. Please, just do something with your life other than this. You could have been the world's craziest murderer or biggest humanitarian by now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23 deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
Member since 2014 • 322 Posts

I'm actually surprised at how well the 3DS version plays, so the scores aren't surprising. I'll be picking it up digitally Thursday night :).

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

Great scores! I'll be picking up mine on Saturday!

@bonesawisready5 said:

@Jaysonguy: You telling someone that they're spinning facts for their own view while also spinning facts for your own view doesn't make you any better. Please, leave GameSpot. Please, just do something with your life other than this. You could have been the world's craziest murderer or biggest humanitarian by now.

He's slightly intriguing though. He has 35,000 posts, and I have never seen him post a single serious/funny/productive comment. Ever.

So...why does he keep posting things?

I mean, there's no doubt that he's trolling. He can't honestly believe anything he is posting. Nobody can be that daft. But trolls - even successful ones - get bored, or stop being 12 years old at some point in their lives.

This guy doesn't, though. He just keeps churning out nonsense, at spam-bot rates, year after year, for almost a decade now. That takes effort. He has devoted a significant portion of his life to being...a complete void on a forum that doesn't even matter anymore. An absence. Something the majority of us just skip over nowadays, as soon as his name appears. Hell, I didn't even read his comments in this thread.

I guess that makes his motivations a mystery. I would suggest that he upset a fanboy once, realised it was the most significant thing that ever happened in his life, and decided to devote his every waking hour to recapture that life-defining power trip.

Alternately, it could be anything else. I doubt any of us intend to find out, since we could be doing something more important, like...blinking, or picking our noses.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

This is great news, but not shocking :)

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#26 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

To be honest I was expecting the 3DS game to be bad but it has been getting some postive reviews so much it has made me decide to get a 3DS again.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Great game! Played it all weekend, glad I picked it up.

simuseb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By simuseb2
Member since 2014 • 178 Posts
@AzatiS said:

@KBFloYd said:

@AzatiS said:

@KBFloYd said:

thats trolling.

Ofc ... Saying to someone " if you dont own a Wii U you shouldnt lurk in Nintendo forums " ... thats ... as crap as it gets and clearly shows your mentality. This isnt System wars so relax sheep.

If you are a fanboy and you are with lakers then going to clippers to talk trash then yes , thats trolling. When you go to Clippers forums to congratulate them or give your honest opinion while backing up every single word you saying that is far from trolling.

Who are you to tell me to step out !?! Rofl !! Nobody ! You are too new in these forums to tell me to go out in the end of the day !! Ill say my opinion freely as i always do in whatever forum i feel like it !! So stop the blablabla and show me where exactly im trolling and how otherwise you are just another fanboy talking trash for a god know what reason.

I'm with AzatiS. This isn't some kind of "club" or a "safe haven" for Nintendo fans. It is just a general forum to discuss Nintendo. KBFloyd, your post was rude and childish. Although AzatiS, being a member at gamespot longer means absolutely nothing... xD

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AzatiS

@simuseb2 said:
@AzatiS said:

@KBFloYd said:

@AzatiS said:

@KBFloYd said:

thats trolling.

I'm with AzatiS. This isn't some kind of "club" or a "safe haven" for Nintendo fans. It is just a general forum to discuss Nintendo. KBFloyd, your post was rude and childish. Although AzatiS, being a member at gamespot longer means absolutely nothing... xD

Ty bro. As for if im being member way more years than him , i said that with Nintendo forums in mind. Means that i was lurking here way before him and it sounded weird to tell me to leave .. Just to clarify the reason behind that statement because indeed sounded a bit egoistic.