Special Forms in SMASH BROS. BRAWL? (56k)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for dark_templar_99
dark_templar_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dark_templar_99
Member since 2005 • 2890 Posts
Get rid of the clones! Atleast somewhat. I think in Brawl, at the character select screen, you can choose a special form. If you pick samus, you can choose between Frost, or Static, or Flame, or Dark, etc. Since it is samus it will play the same, but each form will have something different about its play style. What do you think?

cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#2 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts
That would be cool but wouldn't it be a pain to balance out if they had different abilities and such. I think it would be better if there were power-ups that let you change to an alternative form randomly and gave you unique abilities until you die. But just changing the forms without new abilities will be purley cosmetic and wouldn't really add to the gamplay. but, it would be nice and i agree to get rid of the clones.
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
mario and samus look cool, but im not a big fan of demon link. something juss looks off. maybe he should have no pupil in his eye, like that one scene in TP.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
I think that would overcharge the game.
Battleguild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Battleguild
Member since 2006 • 545 Posts

So basically your saying that each different costume should have its own specific attribute...

Such as Samus's suit...if you choose "Frost Samus" would her primary weapon be instead of the regular power beam become the Ice Beam? Like with the Ice Climbers if the opponent has a high enough % dmg they have a chance to freeze, and if you were to fully charge the Ice Beam would it increase the chances of being frozen?

As for Static Mario....he either decided to put pikachu in his trousers or he walked on the carpet for too long....meh don't like that idea...

For Demon Link...their are basically two choices you can take from this without using this char./costume choice...1. Fierce Deity Link & 2. Dark Link... as to which I would think would give Link a dark atttribute bonus to their attacks...however if they do that they may cut down on their speed....and Fierce Deity should be his own character and Dark Link should be along Links line of costumes and hopefully also with the Zora's Tunic and the Magic Armor as well...

Nice idea, its nice that someone spends a little thought with their idea instead of randomly blabbing it out...

dark_templar_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dark_templar_99
mario and samus look cool, but im not a big fan of demon link. something juss looks off. maybe he should have no pupil in his eye, like that one scene in TP.c0mplex
Like this?

So basically your saying that each different costume should have its own specific attribute...

Such as Samus's suit...if you choose "Frost Samus" would her primary weapon be instead of the regular power beam become the Ice Beam? Like with the Ice Climbers if the opponent has a high enough % dmg they have a chance to freeze, and if you were to fully charge the Ice Beam would it increase the chances of being frozen?

As for Static Mario....he either decided to put pikachu in his trousers or he walked on the carpet for too long....meh don't like that idea...

For Demon Link...their are basically two choices you can take from this without using this char./costume choice...1. Fierce Deity Link & 2. Dark Link... as to which I would think would give Link a dark atttribute bonus to their attacks...however if they do that they may cut down on their speed....and Fierce Deity should be his own character and Dark Link should be along Links line of costumes and hopefully also with the Zora's Tunic and the Magic Armor as well...

Nice idea, its nice that someone spends a little thought with their idea instead of randomly blabbing it out...

Battleguild
Yup, like that. It would make the game more complex such as other fighting games with hundreds of characters(cvs2, KoF, etc). I've always liked the idea of "elemental" power ups and stuff like that. I dont know why but its cool, to me.
infamy319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 infamy319
Member since 2004 • 511 Posts
NICE POST!!! The pictures look really good. The idea might be possible. Especially since Nintendo wants everything to be "new" and "innovative".
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
That's really cool, except I would rename "Static Mario." I don't think it sounds very good...
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts
The pictures are cool, but I don't like that idea, kinda stupid imo. I think it would be cool if costumes are more than pallete swaps, but they shouldn't change how the character plays. Example, Samus would choose between her different suits, which are more than color changes, but she still has the exact same.
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
It's a good idea. I love the effect you used in the second picture. I use that all the time, but less controlled.
dark_templar_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dark_templar_99
The pictures are cool, but I don't like that idea, kinda stupid imo. I think it would be cool if costumes are more than pallete swaps, but they shouldn't change how the character plays. Example, Samus would choose between her different suits, which are more than color changes, but she still has the exact same.the_leet_kid
Thats how it is now. So dont worry, you'll get what you want. As for me, the dreamer, this is what I would like.
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_leet_kid

[QUOTE="the_leet_kid"]The pictures are cool, but I don't like that idea, kinda stupid imo. I think it would be cool if costumes are more than pallete swaps, but they shouldn't change how the character plays. Example, Samus would choose between her different suits, which are more than color changes, but she still has the exact same.dark_templar_99
Thats how it is now. So dont worry, you'll get what you want. As for me, the dreamer, this is what I would like.

We don't know that that's how it is now, Melee had diffrent suits for samus, but they were just colored differently, not actually diffrent costumes.

dark_templar_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dark_templar_99

[QUOTE="dark_templar_99"][QUOTE="the_leet_kid"]The pictures are cool, but I don't like that idea, kinda stupid imo. I think it would be cool if costumes are more than pallete swaps, but they shouldn't change how the character plays. Example, Samus would choose between her different suits, which are more than color changes, but she still has the exact same.the_leet_kid

We don't know that that's how it is now, Melee had diffrent suits for samus, but they were just colored differently, not actually diffrent costumes.

Oh, thats what you mean. That would be a nice addition too.
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_leet_kid
Actually, that could be interesting for a special mode, but I wouldn't want it in the main fighting mode.
Linkthedueler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Linkthedueler
Member since 2003 • 4389 Posts

I love the pix especially the effects on dark link (howd you do that) and it sounds cool but sounds like a little to much...i dunno...

dark_templar_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dark_templar_99

I love the pix especially the effects on dark link (howd you do that) and it sounds cool but sounds like a little to much...i dunno...

Linkthedueler
I actually did it on mistake trying to do another effect. but I left it cuz it looked better than what i was trying to do before.
silent_seaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 silent_seaxx
Member since 2006 • 1322 Posts
I think that would overcharge the game.Wintry_Flutist
I agree, it wuold turn into like SC2.. and there'd be like no way of winning unless you were the "ultimate form" or whatever.
IronManRhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IronManRhino
Member since 2005 • 2135 Posts
Demon Link? :shock:
bofe1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 bofe1234
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
Doing this would overcomplicate the game. i believe we should just keep it simple. incorporate as many characters as possible but give them there own unique moves.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

NICE POST!!! The pictures look really good. The idea might be possible. Especially since Nintendo wants everything to be "new" and "innovative".infamy319

That's not that new and innovative...

weazur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 weazur
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts

It should be shadow link instead of demon link

love the pics btw

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

[QUOTE="infamy319"]NICE POST!!! The pictures look really good. The idea might be possible. Especially since Nintendo wants everything to be "new" and "innovative".Wintry_Flutist

What he said ^  - _-......
hotplayer220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#23 hotplayer220
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts
Just a neat little add on maybe. I would take it.... would I use it? No.
Battleguild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Battleguild
Member since 2006 • 545 Posts
Adding all those different abilities to each costume, could very well get rid of the balance of the character and it would take longer debug time to get all the characters balanced....so instead of adding an ability to each individual costume choice (which people might want that ability but wants a different color, or wants to use the same form so it won't really be fair) so a great way is to leave all the character abilities alone but having an unlockable special feature that will allow you to customize your character's colors in very good detail (basically your own color pallete or color it up in a photoshop like program in the game), so having your own unique character that you can port around on a memory card at any time whenever you want to play at a friends house or a tournament (
RpGamerzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 RpGamerzzz
Member since 2006 • 873 Posts
It seems like a good idea, but in the long run, it would create some unbalanced characters.
kukukuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kukukuk
Member since 2005 • 2406 Posts
Demon Link's hair should be darker.
kalonoa6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 kalonoa6
Member since 2006 • 557 Posts
That would be cool just for looks but if they each had different abilities that would be stupid because it would be like having 2 or 3 characters in 1.
Staccat0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Staccat0
Member since 2006 • 566 Posts

It should be shadow link instead of demon link

love the pics btw

weazur
Yeah and lets put Dr. Mario in for Static Mario too.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

[QUOTE="infamy319"]NICE POST!!! The pictures look really good. The idea might be possible. Especially since Nintendo wants everything to be "new" and "innovative".Wintry_Flutist

Kinda-sorta new. Not innovative in the least.
LuIsSiUl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LuIsSiUl
Member since 2004 • 1935 Posts
nice i like the demon link... also frost samus... oh your idea is cool btw
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#31 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts
I'd prefer skins of other characters as their costume. Why not put in Funky Kong or Chunky Kong as a straight-up skin off DK? I say: put in colour costumes (Wario design on Mario), but skins as other 'similar' characters are better.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
Sounds interesting, I just hope that each one has something unique about them that make them worth being if its true.
robbieseclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 robbieseclipse
Member since 2004 • 520 Posts
Those pics look soo sweet, if you did them with photoshop, can u tell me how you did the outer areas around the characters and the text please???!!!!