ixmardukxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ixmardukxi
Member since 2011 • 27 Posts

I bought my 3DS a while ago and i'm really loving it, i'm currently playing through bravery default and fire emblem awakening and those games are absolutely amazing. What are some other great games for this system?

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

Game that I recommend are:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl

Etrian Odyssey IV

Kirby Triple Deluxe

Pokémon X/Y

Super Mario 3D land

Tales of the Abyss

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Monster Hunter 3

Attack of the Friday Monsters

Liberation Maiden

SteamWorld Dig

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate

Serbine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Serbine
Member since 2005 • 10934 Posts

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for sure, Kid Icarus Uprising is one I really wanna get, Mario Kart 7 if you want another online game, StarFox 64 3DS would be a great addition to your collection, One Piece Unlimited World Red coming out soon look like fun.

ixmardukxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ixmardukxi

@Tokeism: I have zero escape on the vita, really cool game. Is the castlevania game just hack n' slash or does it have some rpg elements? Same thing about zelda (never played a zelda game before). I'll definitely keep all those other games in mind, thank you for the recommendations.

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

@ixmardukxi said:

@Tokeism: I have zero escape on the vita, really cool game. Is the castlevania game just hack n' slash or does it have some rpg elements? Same thing about zelda (never played a zelda game before). I'll definitely keep all those other games in mind, thank you for the recommendations.

Its a side scrolling hack'n'slash at heart but you do level up which gives you new combos. The Zelda game are true action-adventure games and feature a mixture of puzzles, action, adventure/battle gameplay, exploration, and questing.

Serbine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Serbine

If you get into Castlevania be sure to check out the older titles on GBA/DS, I played a few of the GBA ones they're pretty great games, also sure thing we here to help :D.

ixmardukxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ixmardukxi

@Serbine: Yeah i loved those GBA ones, but just couldn't get into the games that were recently released for the PC

Serbine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Serbine

@ixmardukxi: Ah well that awesome :D, I haven't played the Lord of Shadow games yet, I'd probably enjoy them but it seem to be low on the Castlevania list by the fans 'kind of different so it understandable'.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Arkham Origins: Blackgate is pretty passable as an "Arkham-lite" experience, though I personally prefer Amazing Spider-Man for my strike/counter fix on 3ds.

Ace Combat:Assault Horizon Legacy is cool, if you like air combat.

Samurai Warriors Chronicles has been one of my favorite 3ds games ever since launch day.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#10 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9735 Posts

@El_Zo1212o said:

Arkham Origins: Blackgate is pretty passable as an "Arkham-lite" experience, though I personally prefer Amazing Spider-Man for my strike/counter fix on 3ds.

Ace Combat:Assault Horizon Legacy is cool, if you like air combat.

Samurai Warriors Chronicles has been one of my favorite 3ds games ever since launch day.

The last one of those kinds of games that I've played was Dynasty Warriors 4.

gba1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By gba1989
Member since 2009 • 189 Posts

@Tokeism said:

@ixmardukxi said:

Its a side scrolling hack'n'slash at heart but you do level up which gives you new combos. The Zelda game are true action-adventure games and feature a mixture of puzzles, action, adventure/battle gameplay, exploration, and questing.

Castlevania: Mirrors of Fate is very short and shallow. If you're looking for more content and challenge I suggest you buy the DS titles. If you really want a 3ds Castlevania title then maybe...

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@gba1989 said:

@Tokeism said:

@ixmardukxi said:

Castlevania: Mirrors of Fate is very short and shallow. If you're looking for more content and challenge I suggest you buy the DS titles. If you really want a 3ds Castlevania title then maybe...

Yep I concur.. Get the Castlevania DS games Portrait of Ruin, Dawn of Sorrow, and Order of Ecclesia... All amazing ones that really are spiritual successors to Symphony of the Night.

ixmardukxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ixmardukxi

@sSubZerOo: I don't have a DS, are the cartridges compatible with the 3DS?

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@ixmardukxi said:

@sSubZerOo: I don't have a DS, are the cartridges compatible with the 3DS?

They sure are. If you want some Castlevania like games, I would get the Megaman ZX games as well. They're completely different from Castlevania but the open world is very similar to them. They removed the stage by stage style and give you an open 2D world that you can explore and find power ups. You also need to beat certain missions in order to access other parts of the world like Castlevania. You might like it.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Since you haven't played a Zelda game, get A Link Between Worlds. It's probably the best game to show what the franchise is all about.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#16  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Shin EMgami Tensei IV, Bravely Default, Fire Emblem Awakening, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Super Mario 3D Land, Link between Worlds, Tales of the Abyss and Etrian Odyssey Untold are all great games that are worth playing.

ixmardukxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ixmardukxi

@LordQuorthon said:

Since you haven't played a Zelda game, get A Link Between Worlds. It's probably the best game to show what the franchise is all about.

Just bought it yesterday along with watch dogs after trading a few games in, really excited for it

ixmardukxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ixmardukxi

@-paranorman-: I'll definitely keep them in mind

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

@ixmardukxi: you hit the nail on the head and you can't go wrong with the games you purchased. 3DS is played for JRPG. Now i can think of games like Shin Migami which is discounted now at $15 with the other Shin and code of princess which plays like Castlevania. You will like Project X Zone for its characters and amazing soundtrack and also cinematic moves, it's an easy tactic RPG. Get inazuma eleven if you like RPG soccer which is a sick idea. Get all mario games without a doubt and best by far Mario and Luigi ( this game is a must buy), Mario 3D, and Luigi Mansion which I love the most. If you don't get a Pokemon game then you are insane. This is another a must buy JRPG. Yoshi and Kirby for fun gameplay. I've mentioned tons of games but the ones you have to get are Pokemon X/Y, Mario and Luigi, the upcoming Smash game, and Zelda a Link between Worlds

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

Cave Story 3D