Q: need a little advice about the legend of Zelda games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AgeThe6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#1 AgeThe6
Member since 2014 • 179 Posts

I am looking to jump in to the series for the first time I enjoy good adventure games and I want to give these a shot. I have a Nintendo Wii U with remote and nunchuk plus game pad.

could I play the legend of Zelda twilight Princess on my Wii U?

and how is the legend of zelda wind waker?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

yes you can play twilight princess....just make sure its the wii version and not the gamecube version.

windwaker HD is my 2nd favorite or sometimes favorite zelda besides ocarina of time and majoras mask.

windwaker HD is wonderful on wiiU much better than the gamecube version.

AgeThe6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 AgeThe6
Member since 2014 • 179 Posts

@KBFloYd: thanks

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

If you're interested in the old school I'd recommend A Link to the Past. Its widely considered among the best Zelda games. And if you are feeling adventurous I'd recommend Ocarina of time. It might not be the prettiest game anymore, but it is a great zelda game.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

WW is a better game than TP. But I thoroughly enjoy them both and they both give quite different Legend of Zelda experiences. I'd recommend playing WW HD first, and if you're not feeling it, then get TP (Wii version) and see how you go.

Then there are the 2D Zelda games, which again offer a new Zelda experience. A Link to the Past is a good 2D Zelda to try. I'm pretty sure this is on the Virtual Console, so you can play this on your Wii U too :)

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

Yes. Play Twilight Princess, it's one of the best in the series and if you like it go on to WW (which I think is the worst, but most seem to like it).

Also if you end up liking TP then I would definitely get Skyward Sword, don't let the haters fool you into thinking it isn't an amazing game, but you'll need a wii remote plus which shouldn't be too expensive these days.

AVIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 AVIS93
Member since 2009 • 341 Posts

I'd recommend getting into Wind Waker HD, it's a gorgeous game and I feel it isn't as difficult as other entries in the series, so it's a good game for someone new in the series. After that, I'd recommend playing Twilight Princess (the Wii version) and then Skyward Sword (you need a Wii Remote Plus for this one). If you want to go retro, get A Link to the Past on the eShop, although keep in mind that this is a much more difficult game.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#8  Edited By chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Yes you can play the Wii version of Twilight Princess on your Wii U and yes I highly recommend Wind Waker. Zelda is an incredible series and one if not the best there is.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#9 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

Twilight Princess is the most depressing of all Zelda games... WW and SS are more colorful and have a more magical kind of feeling. I like those better.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#10 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Wind Waker is amazing, a true masterpiece. Twilight Princess is good, too, although not on the same level as Wind Waker. I'd also suggest Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (unless you're waiting for the 3DS version).