Playing Wii from a laptop

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by pendiz (2 posts) -
Is there any way I can use my laptop to play on my Wii?
#2 Posted by nethernova (4087 posts) -

Is there any way I can use my laptop to play on my Wii?pendiz

Take your laptop put it on top of your Wii and play it. Or what exactly do you mean? Using your laptop as a monitor? Or playing Wii games on the laptop?

#3 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

You mean emulate the Wii on your Laptop, I believe we are not allowed to talk about such things here. But if you want to use your laptop as a monitor, then all you have to do is get a capture card.

#4 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
The only way to display the Wii (or any console) on a laptop is to use a TV tuner card or dongle. They're expensive, offer a poor picture, and generally introduce so much input lag that they're essentially useless. Your best bet is finding a cheap PC monitor with component inputs and also using that as a second monitor for your laptop.
#5 Posted by vincentforum (1 posts) -
Playing using the console and television is still the best way to play Wii
#6 Posted by demon-zer0 (273 posts) -

Is there any way I can use my laptop to play on my Wii?pendiz

I wonder why people come up with such nonsense? Is it out of boredom or what?

#7 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1228 posts) -

[QUOTE="pendiz"]Is there any way I can use my laptop to play on my Wii?demon-zer0

I wonder why people come up with such nonsense? Is it out of boredom or what?

It's not completely out of the question, I can hook up my PS3 and 360 to my laptop and use it's screen for them. Mine has an HDMI IN plug, it's just that the wii doesn't use HDMI so that's the one console I can't plug into my laptop.

#8 Posted by pendiz (2 posts) -
Thank you for your (mostly) helpful replies It's just that I am moving to a smaller flat and only use my TV for the Wii, so if I could use my laptop in place of it, I don't need the TV To the chap who thought I was bored.........sit on it pal
#9 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Oh, well then you need a capture device/ card.