Luigi's Mansion 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Darkmagcite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Darkmagcite
Member since 2008 • 460 Posts

Well, Matt from IGNWii just posted his editorial on a Luigi's Mansion 2.  To be honest, I think just about everyone has been open to this idea of a new Luigi's Mansion game and I really expected the possibliity of it to be landing on the Wii system.  However, it's been awhile and Nintendo hasn't been announcing much in the last little while -- I'm really hoping for the possiblitiy of this title.

Anything you guys would like to see in this new possible game?  Really -- I'm sticking to the idea of Luigi sticking to exploring a gloomy mansion-like place, though I think a medieval castle would be really cool. :-) 

thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
I would love to see Luigi's Mansion 2 with full WiiMotion Plus support.
spartan211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 spartan211
Member since 2006 • 109 Posts
luigi's mansion 2 ...... yeah i saw that one coming LOL!
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
I would love to see Luigi's Mansion 2 with full WiiMotion Plus support.thebisonx
Me too. =(
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
As much as i'd love to see a Mansion 2 on wii there are two things that lower the chances of it happening. First of all, Luigi did not have the vacuum in brawl and that could mean Nintendo is trying to put Luigi's game behind them and move on. After all, if mario has a down-b that shoots people forward shouldn't it make sense to completely un-clone luigi by giving him the poltergeist 3000? Secondly, Nintendo seams to be gamecube remakes as of late and i wouldn't be very surprised if they simply ported LM and gave it IR and motion controls instead of giving us a full sequel. But we can still hope, we can always hope.
Darkmagcite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Darkmagcite
Member since 2008 • 460 Posts
As much as i'd love to see a Mansion 2 on wii there are two things that lower the chances of it happening. First of all, Luigi did not have the vacuum in brawl and that could mean Nintendo is trying to put Luigi's game behind them and move on. After all, if mario has a down-b that shoots people forward shouldn't it make sense to completely un-clone luigi by giving him the poltergeist 3000? Secondly, Nintendo seams to be gamecube remakes as of late and i wouldn't be very surprised if they simply ported LM and gave it IR and motion controls instead of giving us a full sequel. But we can still hope, we can always hope.Head_of_games
Yeah I was thinking that Luigi from Brawl would sport his Poltergeist 3000 since Mario had FLUDD, but I guess that never happened. I hope they're not trying to push Luigi away from that game and I CERTAINLY do not hope they do that to Luigi's Mansion by re-porting it on the Wii. Ugh. Regardless, I do agree with everyone else, WiiMotion Plus support would be fantastic. :)
despa1r_fact0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 despa1r_fact0r
Member since 2008 • 24611 Posts
Luigi's Manison 2 would be awesome - I would even like to see a Wii-Make of the GameCube Luigi Mansion.
Crash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Crash6
Member since 2004 • 3525 Posts
I don't even have a Wii but if they make this game, I'm on the bandwagon
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I don't ever see this happening again just because they really didn't leave it open for a sequel imo. (even though, I'm sure it could be done)

plus...supposedly, they are working on another Mario game. (Mario dev team)

blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#11 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts

Man I would LOVE a new luigi's mansion. Just played the first one for the first time a couple of months ago and really enjoyed it.

If they do a new one I think it'd be neat if they did it with an over-the-shoulder cam view. I also think it would be interesting if they made it a bit of a spoof of the horror genre. Truth be told, I'd even be happy if they just did a wii-make of the original

despa1r_fact0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 despa1r_fact0r
Member since 2008 • 24611 Posts

I don't ever see this happening again just because they really didn't leave it open for a sequel imo. (even though, I'm sure it could be done)

danger_ranger95

Your right but what if Nintendo did it during the Galaxy story - Like Luigi had to go to a Ghost Galaxy and save a ship of Toads and Luigi takes the Poltergeist 3000 with him to resue them. 

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#13 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
I would much rather see Luigi going in a different direction like how mario galaxy evaded from mario sunshine.
Avistann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Avistann
Member since 2008 • 7102 Posts
[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]As much as i'd love to see a Mansion 2 on wii there are two things that lower the chances of it happening. First of all, Luigi did not have the vacuum in brawl and that could mean Nintendo is trying to put Luigi's game behind them and move on. After all, if mario has a down-b that shoots people forward shouldn't it make sense to completely un-clone luigi by giving him the poltergeist 3000? Secondly, Nintendo seams to be gamecube remakes as of late and i wouldn't be very surprised if they simply ported LM and gave it IR and motion controls instead of giving us a full sequel. But we can still hope, we can always hope.Darkmagcite
Yeah I was thinking that Luigi from Brawl would sport his Poltergeist 3000 since Mario had FLUDD, but I guess that never happened. I hope they're not trying to push Luigi away from that game and I CERTAINLY do not hope they do that to Luigi's Mansion by re-porting it on the Wii. Ugh. Regardless, I do agree with everyone else, WiiMotion Plus support would be fantastic. :)

Although they did not have the poltergeist 3000, there was still a Luigi's mansion level in SSBB, so they have not totally dropped Luigi Mansion. its still breathing slightly.
XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Member since 2007 • 2399 Posts
If Luigi's Mansion 2 was like how Matt described, I'd so buy it. Luigi's Mansion was great.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
I love Matts idea for this game. If everything was like how he described it in the game I would buy two copies of it(Well Not Really but it sounds really good!).
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
ten internetz says Luigi's Mansion will be a CubeOnWii game.
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

ten internetz says Luigi's Mansion will be a CubeOnWii game.ZumaJones07

Zuma Jones im happy i figured out i have an IQ of above 160 thanks to u. lol.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#19 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I think Luigi needs another game maybe not a sequel to Luigis Mansion but just a Luigi game because I like him.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Fan128
Nintendo_Fan128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nintendo_Fan128
Member since 2006 • 4270 Posts
They should make a platforming game with Luigi with Luigi's Mansion elements.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
I would love a Luigi's Mansion 2
Tailscoolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 Tailscoolio
Member since 2006 • 443 Posts
Just because Luigi didn't have the polterguist 3000 in brawl doesn't mean they're pushinghim away from the game... they probably just thought it wouldn't work well. I'd love to see this on the wii tho' i hope they make a new LM but i wouldn't want them to go over the top with motion controls... (Wii Flashlight FTW!)
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
I would like a Luigi's Mansion 2 the only thing I would suggest is they better make it it over the shoulder camera becuase I didn't really like the camera in Luigi's Mansion so if it had a better camera and maybe maybe the it didn't have that one thing were you could see through the wall bahind you that was annoying.
baconeer18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 baconeer18
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i think luigis mansion 2 should be a setup by bowser to get luigi to go to a really old indoor mall that is haunted. there he teams up with some kind of character. hopefully its boo. and then his partner (boo) knows how the ghosts in the mall work
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

I would love to see Luigi's Mansion 2 with full WiiMotion Plus support.thebisonx

How would M+ help Luigi's Mansion 2?

the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_wet_mop
Member since 2006 • 7518 Posts
maybe i missed something, but i really didnt like the first one that much.
Avatar image for DetroitSports17
DetroitSports17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DetroitSports17
Member since 2008 • 65 Posts
Liked the first one beat it in a day:)
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#28 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts
This would be cool just make a bigger mansion with an over the shoulder camera and Wii motion mechanics to capture ghosts.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
I think Luigi needs another game maybe not a sequel to Luigis Mansion but just a Luigi game because I like him.chocolate1325
This ^
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30687 Posts
[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

lol you act as if Mario universe games follow a coherent story or something, at the end of every Mario game he stomps Bowser, but hes always back for the next one. I would love to see a new LM game, but I'm not much of a fan of a remake. I'm not big on this converting GC games to the Wii nonsense, if I want to play Metroid with the Wiimote I will play Metroid Prime 3, if I want to play Pikmin, make Pikmin 3 and so on. Make a new Luigi's Mansion specifically for the Wii or leave it buried.
link027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 link027
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts
Matt's ideas are really good
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#32 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
How do you guys think the story would work? Mario trapped in another mansion? Or maybe it could be Luigis Castle or something.
megjur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#33 megjur
Member since 2006 • 244 Posts
Hmm... luigi's mansion2; I'll throw that on the waiting list along with the next star fox and F-zero.
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#34 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts
a vacum with a wiimote, sounds sweeeeeet
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
How do you guys think the story would work? Mario trapped in another mansion? Or maybe it could be Luigis Castle or something.fabz_95
Maybe have Princess Daisy trapped in the Mansion or kidnapped by one of the Villians from Super Mario Land series make them 3D and make Luigi the main character I'd buy that.
Stuffed_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Stuffed_Monkey
Member since 2007 • 1436 Posts
Nintendo should definitely create a Luigi's Mansion 2.
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#37 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

How do you guys think the story would work? Mario trapped in another mansion? Or maybe it could be Luigis Castle or something.fabz_95

Well Peach is always getting kidnapped so why not Mario?