If the Wii will get "Watered-Down" version of HighDef games, would you

This topic is locked from further discussion.

krayziecupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 krayziecupid
Member since 2003 • 448 Posts

... still buy that games? Name a game that you would like to have a watered down version.

Me i give it a hell yeah! I would like to see Street Fighter 4 on the Wii.

BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts
no. I have a 360 for a reason.
krayziecupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 krayziecupid
i would also want to have a watered-down Metal Gear Solid 4 even if it is not that possible.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
Give me Battlefield and Guild Wars.
Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
It depends on how watered down and what they took out in the process. Graphics of course would be watered down, BUT that's still no excuse to make the game look like a piece of crap. There have been nice looking Wii games and even a watered down one should still look fine. Gameplay shouldn't be too different. Maybe cause of the controls the game might be a little easier or harder, but not too much. Online should work moderately good and should have all or almost all of the modes that are on their HD counterparts.
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

... still buy that games? Name a game that you would like to have a watered down version.

Me i give it a hell yeah! I would like to see Street Fighter 4 on the Wii.

krayziecupid
Yeah, Street Fighter 4 would be nice on the Wii. They could use a modified version of whatever engine they used on Tasunoko vs Capcom, which was a very good looking game.
cooster14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cooster14
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts
Some types of games. Like first person shooters, hell yeah. And Resident Evil 5 would be sweet. I'm playing the demo on my 360 but it just doesn't feel as quick as resident evil 4. the motion controls with the wii were perfect for that type of game. But as for most other games don't bother. I think wii should stay away from water down version of most major titles. Like GTA, Starwars Force Unleashed, ect... Try bringing back side scrolling games a little more. Like Viewtiful Joe, Castle Crashers, Sonic. You can still make a very beautiful, fun, deep game on the wii if you changed your artistic approach to more of a cartoon like feel.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts
I would personally much rather prefer it if a game was made from the ground-up with the Wii system in mind. That's not to say that a developer couldn't intergrate some things from previous games, but it would be more comforting if the game didn't try to provide the exact same experience on the Wii system. At this point in time, anything "Watered-Down" is considered a turn-off from my perspective.
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts
Well, I really prefer the Wii version of RE4 over the others, so I guess I'll go with RE5.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
no, id rather get a ps3 (or 360) which i did
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
No. Why play a watered-down version when you can play the real thing?
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts
No. Why play a watered-down version when you can play the real thing?PlasmaBeam44
Because for some games, like the aforementioned Street Fighter 4, the basics of the gameplay works on any console, regardless of TEH GRAFX. You could port Street Fighter 4 to the Sega Saturn and it would still be fairly playable.
Ganados0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ganados0
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

Every 360 and PS3 game can run on wii in some form it's just gamers dont even think it can run a PS2 quality game and allow developers to get away with crap, falling for their hype about Blu Ray and HD resolutions offering quality gameplay. Take Call of Duty World at War lacking many online options, how tacky was what! The problem is that the Wii version is made back to back with HD versions and always suffers because of it.

Still, I do like the look of Dead Rising Chop Til You Drop, the team merely ported RE4 to wii and made Umbrella chronicles reusing many assets from PS2 and Gamecube Resis, it wont be a visual stunner but the latest vids on the japanese site point to a very playable game.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
Yes. Until I have enough free time to warrant buying a 360, yes lol.
Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
I would buy watered down versions. Not like I'm going to be playing the "HD"(SD for me anyways) counterparts anyway. Besides I always found water down versions kind of interesting, Though I expect a lot of negativity from other users.
King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
well the price for 360s already dropped not long ago so, might as well buy a 360 anyway... Although street fighter IV on wii would still be awesome even if watered down.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#17 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Yeah I'd buy them. It would save me from having to spend cash on another console :P Even though I won't get the full experience.
krayziecupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 krayziecupid

No. Why play a watered-down version when you can play the real thing?PlasmaBeam44

Because there are games that have different impact when played on the Wii, and luckily it plays even better even if it doesnt look like more realistic but much fun to play like RE4 and Bully etc.

LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts

Street Fighter IV, Star Ocean IV, Tales of Vesperia, Final Fantasy XIII, etc.

Luckily, I'm getting a 360 soon. I will NOT miss out on these games. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
deactivated-5d25ae64ef918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
Member since 2008 • 8101 Posts
Depends on the game really. If it plays somehow better than yes, I'd rather have better gameplay with the watered down graphics. If it played the same or worse than the other versions of the game, while not looking as good, then there's no point in getting the watered down version, but I really don't care for graphics much at all, though there's no denying that's what people want the most out of video games these days.
cheese7monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 cheese7monkey
Member since 2008 • 1252 Posts
depends as most people have said like the "watered-down" version of cod5 on wii was freakin immense and almost exactly the same except with better controls so if done like that then yes, definately i would love for resi 5 wii edition (especially instead of dead rising wii) but if done like alone in the dark, then no, i would not like it
DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts

i bought a wii for a reson, for the awesome first party games

and for the awesome wii explusives

the only game i would want even if it would be watered down is kindom hearts 3

but there is still a chance it might come on the wii so , im pritty happy with how it is.

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
I have my 360 so no
lil_speedy_rvd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lil_speedy_rvd
Member since 2003 • 527 Posts
it depends i have a ps3, but i chose to get COD5 on my wii, and i dont regret it, but for something like RE5 i would rather get on my ps3.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
No because the games were made for those other systems if I want to play them I would play them on the console they were designed for not a watered down version.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Yes I would buy the games as long as the gameplay is intact and I can distinguish between a tree and a dog.
Because the watered-down version doesn't cost $200+
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts
[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]No. Why play a watered-down version when you can play the real thing?LordQuorthon
Because for some games, like the aforementioned Street Fighter 4, the basics of the gameplay works on any console, regardless of TEH GRAFX. You could port Street Fighter 4 to the Sega Saturn and it would still be fairly playable.

Yeah, just put together the same characters of always with sprites graphics and there you go.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts
Give me Resident Evil 5 and I'm all for it.:)
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts
it depends i have a ps3, but i chose to get COD5 on my wii, and i dont regret it, but for something like RE5 i would rather get on my ps3.lil_speedy_rvd
I have played the RE5 demo on PS3. Pretty intense. Though I couldn't stop thinking about how it would have been so much better using the RE4 Wiimote controls. I would take a less pretty version of RE5 just for that. I mean, RE4 looks good still. With a more powerful CPU, GPU, and more RAM in the Wii, Capcom can just use a advanced version of the RE4 engine to make a good port. You know they can.
Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts

I'd take a Wii version of Bioshock, RE5, or SFIV any day of the week.

Though I'd really like an HD Mario game.

doomsoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#31 doomsoth
Member since 2003 • 10094 Posts
no. I have a 360 for a reason.BrooklynHotBoy
lol Exactly.
_Pinbot_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 _Pinbot_
Member since 2008 • 1062 Posts
But you do realize that the graphics would not be the only thing "watered down" in the game, the overall scale of the game would have to be smaller too. Look at the Dead Rising game for the Wii, you only get 4 or 5 zombies on the screen at one time and the huge number on the screen at the same time was one of the selling points for the 360 version. Take a look at Gears of War 2 when you have 70-80 (or more) locust on the screen at one time, the Wii would not have the power to do that so the game would be even more watered down than the original. If the Wii just had a worse GPU then it could be done, but since the Wii is using an ancient processor the games just wouldn't be the same.
MagnuzGuerra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MagnuzGuerra
Member since 2004 • 1037 Posts
[QUOTE="LordQuorthon"][QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]No. Why play a watered-down version when you can play the real thing?DealRogers

Yeah, just put together the same characters of always with sprites graphics and there you go.

SF4 with smooth animated sprites would be quite awesome.
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

Yes I would buy the games as long as the gameplay is intact and I can distinguish between a tree and a dog. [QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]No. Why play a watered-down version when you can play the real thing?ZumaJones07

I really don't mean to come off as confrontational...but what single game costs $200+?

boardn720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 boardn720
Member since 2008 • 5310 Posts
since the wii is the only system I have the answer is yes I would buy the games, assuming it were a game that got my attention.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ZumaJones07

[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]Yes I would buy the games as long as the gameplay is intact and I can distinguish between a tree and a dog. [QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]No. Why play a watered-down version when you can play the real thing?chefstubbies

I really don't mean to come off as confrontational...but what single game costs $200+?

people are suggesting buying the "real thing" which means buying a $200+ console AND said $50+ games - unless you like buying games for other systems for no reason. :P
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
[QUOTE="chefstubbies"]

[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"] Because the watered-down version doesn't cost $200+ZumaJones07

people are suggesting buying the "real thing" which means buying a $200+ console AND said $50+ games - unless you like buying games for other systems for no reason. :P

I'm fully willing to buy a more expensive console to get the full experience the developer intended and not be cheap and buy the watered down version. In fact I already did, that's why I bought a 360.

waitaseck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 waitaseck
Member since 2006 • 2309 Posts
I would not buy it unless if it is a special case such as Resident Evil 5. I'd rather have better controls and a little less content.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#39 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
No. I wouldn't. Last year I noticed this was already happening and went and got a secondary console. It is worth the investment IMO. Sure for one game you would probably be crazy, but after you play 10 or so 'wanna-bes' you will realize it was better to just go get another console. It isn't feasible for everyone to do, I am aware, but that is what the 3rd job is for in such situations.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ZumaJones07

I'm fully willing to buy a more expensive console to get the full experience the developer intended and not be cheap and buy the watered down version. In fact I already did, that's why I bought a 360.

PlasmaBeam44
I'm on the same boat as you, however, if the gameplay and basic visuals were intact in a watered down version, I would not mind going with the low end deal. I was honestly contemplating whether or not I should get a 360. I decided not to since the investment would not be worth it in my case - I only want to play RE5, finish the campaign on Gears, play a few other gems, and maybe play Halo. That's it though. Not worth the money since I'd also have to factor in controllers, online service, headsets, etc. I could buy it, but I'd rather not, playing a watered down version would not ruin the experience for me.
ramboturd72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 ramboturd72
Member since 2008 • 3514 Posts
Nope, I'd just buy the pc version (if that was availible that is). If there was no pc port, then I might consider it if its a game I really want to try, for example Final Fantasy 13 is not coming to the pc but if it were coming to the wii, I would buy it in a heartbeat.
nubystubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nubystubs
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts
Yes, but watered down on graphics and sound only; not game content. I think levels and such would have to disappear too, and that's not worth it to me.
AGM3002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AGM3002
Member since 2003 • 901 Posts
Dead space coming for wii. I guess thats our watered-down version.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#44 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
i'd rather buy the better version (360/PS3 version). Example Dead Rising is leaps and bound better on 360 then on Wii. The Wii version basically stripped the game to nothing.
krayziecupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 krayziecupid

Dead space coming for wii. I guess thats our watered-down version.AGM3002

Yeah and the Controls can make it unique and i cant wait to play that game since i only own a Wii. Watered-down rules hehe!