I want more Super Nintendo RPGs on Wii U VC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thinkcap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thinkcap
Member since 2015 • 54 Posts

There are so many great RPG titles for Super Nintendo, but the Wii U Virtual console only has Breath of Fire II, EarthBound, Golden Sun... and I think that's it. Maybe it's hard to bring back some older games due to copyright issues, or maybe it's an expensive process for the publisher. I'm not sure. Playing Final Fantasy 4-6 with Miiverse support would be a lot of fun for me.

Breath of Fire 1 is scheduled to come to Wii U VC early next month, though, I believe.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I agree, but I doubt Square and others will bother. They already put Final Fantasy on the Wii Shop Channel, which can be accessed through Wii mode. With the way 3rd parties are on Wii U, I don't think they will invest the time and resources into porting those games over to Wii U mode.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I would be completely fine if Nintendo didn't do the whole miiverse thing with the old games. I just want them to put the freaking games on the VC already. I don't like that I have to go to the wii VC to make it happen but it is still access to the games so I can't really complain.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#4 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

I don't like that I have to go to the wii VC to make it happen

I think that's the chief complaint with most. New owners won't know that it's there unless they look and it's annoying for previous owners to jump through additional hoops. Nintendo should have did BC with Wii U they way they did with Wii, as in have the old OS operate in the background and you don't really touch it.