Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

$19.99 season pass offers tons of content. great value

Hyrule Warriors Master Quest pack

– Out on October 16

– 1 new scenario

– 1 new weapon (epona will be the new weapon in the master quest pack.

– New Adventure Map

– 2 costumes (cia and lana..alternate white costumes) here

Twilight Princess pack

– Out in November

– 1 new character

– 1 new weapon

– New Adventure Map

– 2 new costumes

Majora’s Mask pack

– Out in January

– Two characters

– New adventure map

– 3 costumes see here

Ganon pack

– Out in February

– 2 new game modes

http://playeressence.com/hyrule-warriors-4-dlc-packs-confirmed-for-north-america-season-pass-for-19-99/

fawfulmark2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 fawfulmark2
Member since 2012 • 35 Posts

Oh gawd I need that Box art.

I feel the packs kinda had a missed oppertunity, as it would have made more sense if TP pack's character was Restored Midna, and the MM pack was Majora/Skull Kid and Tingle.

Still need Vaati, Ravio,Hilda, and Medlii or Makar to boot.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KBFloYd

@fawfulmark2 said:

I feel the packs kinda had a missed oppertunity, as it would have made more sense if TP pack's character was Restored Midna, and the MM pack was Majora/Skull Kid and Tingle.

we dont know which characters will be included in the dlc.

fawfulmark2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fawfulmark2

@KBFloYd said:

@fawfulmark2 said:

From what I read, it's supposed to be playable versions of the bosses.

I hope I'm wrong just for that reason though.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KBFloYd

@fawfulmark2 said:

@KBFloYd said:

@fawfulmark2 said:

no...those will be free characters coming with patch that is coming in oct...

the dlc will be separate.

fawfulmark2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fawfulmark2

@KBFloYd said:

@fawfulmark2 said:

@KBFloYd said:

@fawfulmark2 said:

no...those will be free characters coming with patch that is coming in oct...

the dlc will be separate.

Oh, well then in that case sign me the Hell back on the hype train!

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I will Confirm that one of those characters will be Dark Link and another one will be Tingle. I can Confirm that 100%.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

Damn, I'd buy "Link and His Bitches" day one! Scratch that, I'd pre-order the ultra limited collector's edition with the pin that reads "I am Link's bitch"!!!

Looks like I may actually need an external HDD for the Wii U, between this and the Mario Kart DLC.

Have they announced if each pack will be available separately and a price? I'm interested in this, but not sure I want to spend the $20. Maybe I'd buy one or two packs at $5 each.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KBFloYd

@Grieverr said:

Damn, I'd buy "Link and His Bitches" day one! Scratch that, I'd pre-order the ultra limited collector's edition with the pin that reads "I am Link's bitch"!!!

Looks like I may actually need an external HDD for the Wii U, between this and the Mario Kart DLC.

Have they announced if each pack will be available separately and a price? I'm interested in this, but not sure I want to spend the $20. Maybe I'd buy one or two packs at $5 each.

no american pricing yet...put in japan each one is 1200 yen...whatever that is.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KBFloYd

@nini200 said:

I will Confirm that one of those characters will be Dark Link and another one will be Tingle. I can Confirm that 100%.

tingle 4life...

:P

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

@nini200 said:

tingle 4life...

:P

Lol Not that Tingle would be a bad thing lol

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Guys, I can confirm one of those is not Dark Link. Dark Link is been handled in the same way as the Yoshi and Shy Guy colors where in MK8, where if you buy the season pass now you get the Dark Link costume right away as a bonus. I have to say, Nintendo's outlook on DLC is outstanding, a ton of content for a fair price, other company's could learn a thing or two from them.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

That's a great deal considering Japan had to pay $30.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@spike6958 said:

I have to say, Nintendo's outlook on DLC is outstanding, a ton of content for a fair price, other company's could learn a thing or two from them.

Then you don't follow much DLC because this pricing is horrible.

Again, Nintendo taking advantage of the naive.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#15  Edited By svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@spike6958 said:

I have to say, Nintendo's outlook on DLC is outstanding, a ton of content for a fair price, other company's could learn a thing or two from them.

Yeah, ignore the fact the rest of the industry has been ripping gamers off on DLC for years. Then when Nintendo starts doing it, it's bad? Nice double standard there.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spike6958

@Jaysonguy said:

@spike6958 said:

No, this is much better than what many others offer. It contains a good amount of content for the price.

Also if you think this is worse than what others offer, just take a look at some of the other season passes that have released recently:

Titanfall: $24.99 for 9 maps.

Call of Duty: Ghosts: $49.99 for 16 Multiplayer maps, 4 Extinction maps, 3 weapons

AC4: Black Flag: $19.99 for 1 Single Player scenario, 6 multiplayer characters, 1 Ship cosmetic pack.

As far as I'm concerned all of those are much worse than the $19.99 for 2 Weapons, 1 Scenario, 3 Adventure Maps, 5 Costumes, 3 Characters and 2 New Game modes offered for Hyrule Warriors.

Oh, you also get the Dark Link costume for buying the pass as well, so it's actually 6 Costumes.

I know you like to blindly hate on everything Nintendo does these days, but if you're going to throw accusations around, at least know what you're talking about.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jaysonguy

@spike6958 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@spike6958 said:

No, this is much better than what many others offer. It contains a good amount of content for the price.

Also if you think this is worse than what others offer, just take a look at some of the other season passes that have released recently:

Call of Duty: Ghosts: $49.99 for 16 Multiplayer maps, 4 Extinction maps, 3 weapons

AC4: Black Flag: $19.99 for 1 Single Player scenario, 6 multiplayer characters, 1 Ship cosmetic pack.

As far as I'm concerned all of those are much worse than the $19.99 for 2 Weapons, 1 Scenario, 3 Adventure Maps, 5 Costumes, 3 Characters and 2 New Game modes offered for Hyrule Warriors.

Oh, you also get the Dark Link costume for buying the pass as well, so it's actually 6 Costumes.

I know you like to blindly hate on everything Nintendo does these days, but if you're going to throw accusations around, at least know what you're talking about.

Problem is that this is single player content for a game that's already super easy even on the most difficult settings.

Multiplayer has legs, that is a worthwhile purchase.

This is far too expensive for a single player game.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 spike6958

@Jaysonguy said:

@spike6958 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@spike6958 said:

Problem is that this is single player content for a game that's already super easy even on the most difficult settings.

That is completely subjective. Personally, I'm having fun with Hyrule Warriors, a lot more so than with any of those games I mentioned previously, so additional content to extend that experience is worth it for me.

Also multiplayer only "has legs", while it's relevant. Take CoD:Ghosts, in two months the game will be replaced by it's next iteration and it's multiplayer will be obsolite, while Hyrule Warrors DLC will remain relevant for as long as you want it because you don't have to rely on others playing the game to be able to use it.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

That is pretty decent value. I bought worse DLC for a higher price. But I'm going to have to find out who the new characters are before I fully commit to something like this.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jaysonguy

@spike6958 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@spike6958 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@spike6958 said:

That is completely subjective. Personally, I'm having fun with Hyrule Warriors, a lot more so than with any of those games I mentioned previously, so additional content to extend that experience is worth it for me.

Also multiplayer only "has legs", while it's relevant. Take CoD:Ghosts, in two months the game will be replaced by it's next iteration and it's multiplayer will be obsolite, while Hyrule Warrors DLC will remain relevant for as long as you want it because you don't have to rely on others playing the game to be able to use it.

Multiplayer for Battlefield and COD games last almost the entire generation.

Look back at the most played multiplayer games last gen and multiple COD's and even the Bad Company franchise is on that rotation.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#21 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

gonna have to buy it :D price is reasonable

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KBFloYd

dat ganon hair....

Loading Video...

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

I bought it.

The current adventure map has a ton of content. If the three DLC ones are anything like the one we already have, then this DLC will be worthwhile ($/hour wise).

Meanwhile, I wonder who the three new characters will be. Hopefully one of the MM characters is the Skull Kid, and a costume could be fierce deity link?

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

So, we're up to $80 for the full game plus dozens of different pre order bonuses.

MK8 dlc is a great value (when you buy both in advance anyway), this game is nothing but a big fat steaming rip off.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

@Chozofication said:

So, we're up to $80 for the full game plus dozens of different pre order bonuses.

To be fair, you could easily argue that the full game is whatever price it was ($60 in the US?). The pre-order bonuses are purely cosmetic, and this DLC essentially functions like an expansion pack.

It's not like the DLC is microtransaction-heavy. The adventure maps alone could add a significant amount of content to the game - depending on how large they are, of course.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KBFloYd

might sell good in north america...top 10 NPD?

Loading Video...

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KBFloYd

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/09/26/epona-joins-link-in-hyrule-warriors-dlc/107708/

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#28  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

My copy came in the mail a little while ago. I preordered from Amazon, so I get the Twilight Princess skin pack. I know exactly what I'm doing when I get out of work. :D

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By KBFloYd

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

My copy came in the mail a little while ago. I preordered from Amazon, so I get the Twilight Princess skin pack. I know exactly what I'm doing when I get out of work. :D

im looking on ebay....there are tons of ocarina of time costume codes a few skyward sword...but no twilight princess ones at all :$

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'll be getting the DLC pack. I plan on playing this game for a long time. 20 bucks ain't too bad for all the content, so it's worth it to me.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

I'll be getting the DLC as well, I played this game for a few hours last night, the music is rocking too

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#32  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

im looking on ebay....there are tons of ocarina of time costume codes a few skyward sword...but no twilight princess ones at all :$

Probably because people would rather use them. I got my code in an email yesterday evening.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 spike6958

@KBFloYd said:

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Interesting, it's the opposite here in the UK. There are tons of Twilight Princess codes, a few Ocarina of Time, and no Skyward Sword.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KBFloYd

@spike6958 said:

@KBFloYd said:

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Interesting, it's the opposite here in the UK. There are tons of Twilight Princess codes, a few Ocarina of Time, and no Skyward Sword.

just checked today...mostly ocarina, some twilight, 1 or 2 skyward sword.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KBFloYd

epona footage

Loading Video...