This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sparky12320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sparky12320
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Is GTA coming for the 3DS?
Avatar image for XXXCrazyDawgXXX
XXXCrazyDawgXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 XXXCrazyDawgXXX
Member since 2012 • 46 Posts

With GTA 5 coming for the PS3 I seriously doubt it. And Rockstar has been pretty stingy with any kind of news on that one. If they do, it won't be anytime soon.

Avatar image for SkinnyJeans1995
SkinnyJeans1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SkinnyJeans1995
Member since 2010 • 275 Posts
If there was to be another handheld GTA game, it would likely be on the PS Vita rather than the 3DS
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
I was hoping that the GTA III 10'th Anniversary Edition would be announced for the 3DS, but it wasn't. GTA V will not come to 3DS, though the DS got it's own GTA, but I dunno if it sold very well, but that could determine if the 3DS ever gets one.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30685 Posts
Unlikely, I doubt it will even be on the Vita. The best you could hope for is a re-release of the PS2 games.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Considering u can get it on your phone I don't see why they wouldn't throw something together and milk the original gta3 even more
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

With GTA 5 coming for the PS3/and Xbox 360 I seriously doubt it. And Rockstar has been pretty stingy with any kind of news on that one. If they do, it won't be anytime soon.

XXXCrazyDawgXXX
fixed
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bonesawisready5
If there was to be another handheld GTA game, it would likely be on the PS Vita rather than the 3DSSkinnyJeans1995
The order of mobile platforms it is most likely to land goes like this 1. iOS/Android 2. 3DS 3. All others Simple fact is the 3DS is the best selling traditional handheld console while iOS/Android ship 250 million devices each year. The earlier they release it on the 3DS the better it will sell, remember each GTA on PSP sold progressively worse eventually with GTA CW selling worst on PSP.
pantyraid2113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pantyraid2113
Member since 2010 • 1976 Posts

If anything I would expect GTA on 3DS to either be a remake of 3 or San Andreas. The already released 3 on iphone/android I think that Rockstar has a lot of options with the 3DS if they utilize the features. Was Chinatown Wars DS very successful? I love that game.

DarxPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 DarxPhil
Member since 2007 • 1135 Posts

[QUOTE="SkinnyJeans1995"]If there was to be another handheld GTA game, it would likely be on the PS Vita rather than the 3DSbonesawisready5
The order of mobile platforms it is most likely to land goes like this 1. iOS/Android 2. 3DS 3. All others Simple fact is the 3DS is the best selling traditional handheld console while iOS/Android ship 250 million devices each year. The earlier they release it on the 3DS the better it will sell, remember each GTA on PSP sold progressively worse eventually with GTA CW selling worst on PSP.

I disagree, as sells really have nothing to do with it, the Vita is a better platfrom for a GTA game out of any of those platfroms. It has the power, two analog sticks etc.

I would argue strongly that a GTA would sell loads more on the Vita then the 3DS even if the system itself has more sales. As most people who buy a 3DS aren't buying it for GTA like games, they want Mario and other Nintendo orented games that even the kids can relate to.

Gemini_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gemini_Red
Member since 2003 • 3290 Posts

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="SkinnyJeans1995"]If there was to be another handheld GTA game, it would likely be on the PS Vita rather than the 3DSDarxPhil

I disagree, as sells really have nothing to do with it, the Vita is a better platfrom for a GTA game out of any of those platfroms. It has the power, two analog sticks etc.

I would argue strongly that a GTA would sell loads more on the Vita then the 3DS even if the system itself has more sales. As most people who buy a 3DS aren't buying it for GTA like games, they want Mario and other Nintendo orented games that even the kids can relate to.

Until some numbers come in for RE; Revelations and MGS 3D, I would say that's debatable.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
I think the 3DS may get it's own GTA. They definitely could have gotten the 10 year anniversary on the 3DS, but I think a 3DS exclusive would be better. Like Chinatown wars which was originally DS exclusive, the 3DS will probably get some sort of spin off, hopefully it's full 3D and in third person more like a console GTA. I imagine the 3D effect would be pretty awesome for GTA, and the physical and touch screen control combination really benefited the DS version. I just hope it stays exclusive unlike Chinatown Wars which was ported to the PSP and the Ipod.
soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

maybe SA

DarxPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DarxPhil

Until some numbers come in for RE; Revelations and MGS 3D, I would say that's debatable.

Gemini_Red

I never stated ''hardcore'' titles could not succeed on a Nintendo platform, as those titles you mentioned will be bought inevitably by ''hardcore'' gamers who bought a 3DS including myself. But even those games i would say are better suited for what the Vita has to offer in terms of controls, power and even the Vita fanbase overall. As i would argue that the Vitas fanbase is made more up of ''hardcore'' gamers than the 3DS. Nintendo systems sell more because they appeal to a wider demographic, moms would rather buy their kids the system with Mario on it then a system with Resistance or Uncharted.

I could never imagine a full fledged GTA game (that's not top down) that would work on the 3DS. It's doesn't even have a second analog stick for camera control, you'd have to buy that 1990's tumor attachment they released (circle pad pro) to play it sufficently. This is why i wish they revise the hardware with secondary analog control and i'm hoping at E3 they show something like that, though i'm a little doubtful.

Still love my 3DS, but i just don't see how such a game would work on the system, hence why i have a Vita for those kinds of games.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="SkinnyJeans1995"]If there was to be another handheld GTA game, it would likely be on the PS Vita rather than the 3DSDarxPhil

You don't know that per say. The 3DS is young. There is nothing they can't do on the 3DS really. It can have two circle pads, it can have four shoulder buttons if they want, and as of now Nintendo has said game cards can go up to 8GB while Sony is allowing Vita cards to reach 4GB. It would work just as well on both platforms, and getting less sales on a much bigger user base is no one's fault but the marketing department of the publisher.
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="Gemini_Red"]

DarxPhil

I never stated ''hardcore'' titles could not succeed on a Nintendo platform, as those titles you mentioned will be bought inevitably by ''hardcore'' gamers who bought a 3DS including myself. But even those games i would say are better suited for what the Vita has to offer in terms of controls, power and even the Vita fanbase overall. As i would argue that the Vitas fanbase is made more up of ''hardcore'' gamers than the 3DS. Nintendo systems sell more because they appeal to a wider demographic, moms would rather buy their kids the system with Mario on it then a system with Resistance or Uncharted.

I could never imagine a full fledged GTA game (that's not top down) that would work on the 3DS. It's doesn't even have a second analog stick for camera control, you'd have to buy that 1990's tumor attachment they released (circle pad pro) to play it sufficently. This is why i wish they revise the hardware with secondary analog control and i'm hoping at E3 they show something like that, though i'm a little doubtful.

Still love my 3DS, but i just don't see how such a game would work on the system, hence why i have a Vita for those kinds of games.

The stylus could easily mimick the aiming reticule and it could do it well. It could be like the pointer controls on the Wii (Bully, Godfather, etc) I think the folks at Rockstar are talented enough to make it work well
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]The stylus could easily mimick the aiming reticule and it could do it well. It could be like the pointer controls on the Wii (Bully, Godfather, etc) I think the folks at Rockstar are talented enough to make it work well

That, or Metroid Prime: Hunters, or Kid Icarus: Uprising. I'd go as far to say that it's even better than analog stick aim due to precision, about the closest you can get to a computer mouse on the go, and doubly so compared to the PS Vita's anemic analog sticks with very short throw (about half that of the 3DS Circle Pad). For that matter, I preferred playing GTA III/VC/SA with KB+M for the most part (except flying aircraft, that badly needed a flight stick or at least a gamepad), simply because the precision of mouse aim easily lets me take out armies of mooks with a single headshot each, even with the basic pistol. Auto-aim for gamepad controls, on the other hand, went for much more inefficient body shots and often even targeted the person I wasn't aiming for.
DarxPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DarxPhil

[QUOTE="DarxPhil"]

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] The order of mobile platforms it is most likely to land goes like this 1. iOS/Android 2. 3DS 3. All others Simple fact is the 3DS is the best selling traditional handheld console while iOS/Android ship 250 million devices each year. The earlier they release it on the 3DS the better it will sell, remember each GTA on PSP sold progressively worse eventually with GTA CW selling worst on PSP.bonesawisready5

You don't know that per say. The 3DS is young. There is nothing they can't do on the 3DS really. It can have two circle pads, it can have four shoulder buttons if they want, and as of now Nintendo has said game cards can go up to 8GB while Sony is allowing Vita cards to reach 4GB. It would work just as well on both platforms, and getting less sales on a much bigger user base is no one's fault but the marketing department of the publisher.

Vita cards can be up to 8GB of space as well and the added power the handheld has over the 3DS will work wonders.

DarxPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DarxPhil

The stylus could easily mimick the aiming reticule and it could do it well. It could be like the pointer controls on the Wii (Bully, Godfather, etc) I think the folks at Rockstar are talented enough to make it work wellbonesawisready5

That only works sufficently for first person games, but with GTA you'd have to use the buttons as well so it wouldn't work well, as you'd have to constantly move your hand to manupulate the camera with the stylus as well as try to steal a car or take cover with the buttons, it wouldn't work as smoothly as the Vita. Since the 3DS is not as powerful as the vita, the world would be quiet limited and not as detailed as you could get on the Vita as well. That's just the truth, i have both system but i can't lie to myself in saying that the 3DS would work well or even better then a GTA on the Vita as that in itself is a lie. The 3DS just doesn't have the power or controls to really put a full fledge third person GTA game on it. I think even Rockstar understands this.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I'd rather see a Just Cause game on 3DS than a GTA, but that's neither here nor there. To whoever said Vita's got a larger fanbase: keep dreaming. Nintendo's always had the lion's share of the handheld pie, and that isn't going to change on account of Sony. They proved with the PSP that hardware isn't everything, or even most of it.
DarxPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarxPhil

I'd rather see a Just Cause game on 3DS than a GTA, but that's neither here nor there. To whoever said Vita's got a larger fanbase: keep dreaming. Nintendo's always had the lion's share of the handheld pie, and that isn't going to change on account of Sony. They proved with the PSP that hardware isn't everything, or even most of it.El_Zo1212o

Sony has a larger ''hardcore'' fanbase i'd argue, the DS line always has the bigger share because it appeals to a wider demographic. Moms would rather buy the handheld with Mario on it than Resistance or Uncharted. Sales have little to do with whether a handheld is good or not though.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

The stylus could easily mimick the aiming reticule and it could do it well. It could be like the pointer controls on the Wii (Bully, Godfather, etc) I think the folks at Rockstar are talented enough to make it work wellDarxPhil

That only works sufficently for first person games, but with GTA you'd have to use the buttons as well so it wouldn't work well, as you'd have to constantly move your hand to manupulate the camera with the stylus as well as try to steal a car or take cover with the buttons, it wouldn't work as smoothly as the Vita. Since the 3DS is not as powerful as the vita, the world would be quiet limited and not as detailed as you could get on the Vita as well. That's just the truth, i have both system but i can't lie to myself in saying that the 3DS would work well or even better then a GTA on the Vita as that in itself is a lie. The 3DS just doesn't have the power or controls to really put a full fledge third person GTA game on it. I think even Rockstar understands this.

The PSP, Xbox and PS2 handled GTA just fine and the 3DS is on par or far above those (like having 4 times the amount of RAM found in PSP/PS2, and double that of a Xbox)
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]I'd rather see a Just Cause game on 3DS than a GTA, but that's neither here nor there. To whoever said Vita's got a larger fanbase: keep dreaming. Nintendo's always had the lion's share of the handheld pie, and that isn't going to change on account of Sony. They proved with the PSP that hardware isn't everything, or even most of it.DarxPhil

Sony has a larger ''hardcore'' fanbase i'd argue, the DS line always has the bigger share because it appeals to a wider demographic. Moms would rather buy the handheld with Mario on it than Resistance or Uncharted. Sales have little to do with whether a handheld is good or not though.

If Resistance 3 is any indication that "hardcore" fanbase isn't very good about buying a lot of copies of games
DarxPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DarxPhil

[QUOTE="DarxPhil"]

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

The stylus could easily mimick the aiming reticule and it could do it well. It could be like the pointer controls on the Wii (Bully, Godfather, etc) I think the folks at Rockstar are talented enough to make it work wellbonesawisready5

The PSP, Xbox and PS2 handled GTA just fine and the 3DS is on par or far above those (like having 4 times the amount of RAM found in PSP/PS2, and double that of a Xbox)

Well they could make a smaller scaled GTA on the 3DS with lower qualiy textures and smaller polygon count. But i wouldn't wanting them wasting their time with that when we could get a lot more out of the more beefer handheld. We all want a GTA on out favorite system, so i understand why you want a GTA on your platfrom of choice. But i still couldn't imagine it, i beileve Rockstar would just do what they did with the DS and PSP where at most they'll bring a top down GTA to the DS and the PSP gets the bigger scaled games because of it's power and control scheme. GTA is still one series that i can never see fully going to a Nintendo handheld unless they beef up both the systems power and usability.

I could be wrong though and they might even be working on 3DS GTA right now which would be awesome, and i would enjoy it as well. But i personally think it's just people lying to themselves because they so despritly love their platform of choice that they can't stand the fact that it's just not as flexable as the competition when it comes to this partiular games.

DarxPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DarxPhil

[QUOTE="DarxPhil"]

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]I'd rather see a Just Cause game on 3DS than a GTA, but that's neither here nor there. To whoever said Vita's got a larger fanbase: keep dreaming. Nintendo's always had the lion's share of the handheld pie, and that isn't going to change on account of Sony. They proved with the PSP that hardware isn't everything, or even most of it.bonesawisready5

If Resistance 3 is any indication that "hardcore" fanbase isn't very good about buying a lot of copies of games

Well sure, it doesn't appeal to the most people like Mario does, the ''hardcore'' gaming market always tends to sell less. A lot of people don't know Resistance,Twisted Metal or even Kid Icarus and Luigis Mansion. This is what Nintendo does a better job with, they have games that are able to appeal to both sides of the fence, everbody knows and enjoys Donky Kong, Mario, Zelda, Metroid. The large majority of games pushed out by Sony are unknown to a lot of people besides those who really play games as a hobby.

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

All I can say is I'm hoping that RockStar will consider putting a new GTA on the 3DS & Wii/WiiU. It would be nice if they put the GTA 3 10th annivarsary on the 3DS.

But we probably be lucky enough if Nintendo put the older GTA games (2 on GBC & 1 for GBA) on the Virtual Console.

DarxPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DarxPhil

All I can say is I'm hoping that RockStar will consider putting a new GTA on the 3DS & Wii/WiiU. It would be nice if they put the GTA 3 10th annivarsary on the 3DS.

But we probably be lucky enough if Nintendo put the older GTA games (2 on GBC & 1 for GBA) on the Virtual Console.

BigBen11111

It would be cool with the Wii U as the screen could open up some cool possiblites. It could even be possible GTA V will come to Wii U as they have not announced any platforms the game will be on not even in the trailer. Granted, rockstar tends to avoid Nintendo home consoles, but i think it mainly because they haven't had the power to handle the game engines they use. But the Wii U should be strong enough for a new GTA game.

Ninja62611

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ninja62611
Highly doubt it but lego city stories is coming which is like lego gta.
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FPS1337

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="DarxPhil"]

DarxPhil

Vita cards can be up to 8GB of space as well and the added power the handheld has over the 3DS will work wonders.

No Vita cards are only 2GB, and like the 3DS can be up to 4GB like Uncharted, but 4GB cards also increase the cost of games.
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FPS1337
To everyone who says they aren't sure about the 3DS "hardcore sales", Street Fighter IV sold very well. Resident Evil Revelations also is reported to be selling really good as well and I think it's sold over 500K in the first week.
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="DarxPhil"]

DarxPhil

Well they could make a smaller scaled GTA on the 3DS with lower qualiy textures and smaller polygon count. But i wouldn't wanting them wasting their time with that when we could get a lot more out of the more beefer handheld. We all want a GTA on out favorite system, so i understand why you want a GTA on your platfrom of choice. But i still couldn't imagine it, i beileve Rockstar would just do what they did with the DS and PSP where at most they'll bring a top down GTA to the DS and the PSP gets the bigger scaled games because of it's power and control scheme. GTA is still one series that i can never see fully going to a Nintendo handheld unless they beef up both the systems power and usability.

I could be wrong though and they might even be working on 3DS GTA right now which would be awesome, and i would enjoy it as well. But i personally think it's just people lying to themselves because they so despritly love their platform of choice that they can't stand the fact that it's just not as flexable as the competition when it comes to this partiular games.

It sounds like you want a console GTA on a handheld, and while that has been done, and is do-able today it would be a much better experience on consoles. I'd rather it not copy + paste the home versions and hope it would be unique to the device it's on rather than try to be something it can't possibly be.
DarxPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DarxPhil

And here it is: http://www.gamespot.com/news/grand-theft-auto-coming-to-playstation-vita-report-6364921

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

Looks like I'll be getting PlayStation VITA sooner then I thought. If proven to be true.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bonesawisready5

Looks like I'll be getting PlayStation VITA sooner then I thought. If proven to be true.

BigBen11111
Oh god that's already been proven false like, 6 hours ago lol (jk) Yea, it isn't coming to Vita or 3DS at all (yet) It is on iOS however.
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bonesawisready5

And here it is: http://www.gamespot.com/news/grand-theft-auto-coming-to-playstation-vita-report-6364921

DarxPhil
Been proven to be fake images. It isn't real
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#36 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
With the poor sales of GTA Chinatown Wars, I doubt it. Kinda sad too since I loved CW more than GTAIV. If they ever do make one for the 3DS, I hope it's somewhat similar.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#37 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
For God's sake, NO! Not GTA. Really, I can't bear seeing it at the top of every list when it is such a blatant, shameless and bland Super Mario 64 rip-off. :lol: To put it straight, I hate GTA with a passion.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34666 Posts
GTA Chinatown Wars 2 FTW!
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bonesawisready5
With the poor sales of GTA Chinatown Wars, I doubt it. Kinda sad too since I loved CW more than GTAIV. If they ever do make one for the 3DS, I hope it's somewhat similar.Kenny789
It was most successful on the DS. I wouldn't call 1.2 million units bad. Sure, it's not an epic success but you'd have to say Super Street Fighter IV 3D had poor sales (1 million from Capcom) too despite the fact that Capcom was more than pleased with it. The issue Rockstar had was they only aired commercials for Chinatown Wars during WWE Monday Night Raw and South Park. Don't get me wrong, those are probably good target demographics but they need to push it on networks that push other programming as well.
playdiune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 playdiune
Great game :)
Avatar image for RubberDucky2147
RubberDucky2147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RubberDucky2147
To be honest, I don't think a GTA 3DS would work out. Do you know how bad chinatown wars sold? Before anyone says this, I'm not a sony fanboy. In fact, I don't own a Vita, I own a 3DS. I just think a Vita GTA would sell better, because a lot of adults and teens own Vitas, and their old enough to play GTA, unlike a lot of kids who own nintnedo consoles. I remember, I was in gamestop a while back. I noticed a little kid was with his mom, and their were selling his old wii, so he could get an Xbox 360. The kid looked really excited, however, when he went to pick out some games, a store clerk pointed out, that Black Ops was probably to graphic for someone his age. My point is, is that no (decent) parent is going to get their kids a GTA game, considering that it has drugs, cursing, prostitution, and pointless murder.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#42 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
To be honest, I don't think a GTA 3DS would work out. Do you know how bad chinatown wars sold? Before anyone says this, I'm not a sony fanboy. In fact, I don't own a Vita, I own a 3DS. I just think a Vita GTA would sell better, because a lot of adults and teens own Vitas, and their old enough to play GTA, unlike a lot of kids who own nintnedo consoles. I remember, I was in gamestop a while back. I noticed a little kid was with his mom, and their were selling his old wii, so he could get an Xbox 360. The kid looked really excited, however, when he went to pick out some games, a store clerk pointed out, that Black Ops was probably to graphic for someone his age. My point is, is that no (decent) parent is going to get their kids a GTA game, considering that it has drugs, cursing, prostitution, and pointless murder.RubberDucky2147
And hot wiring in the new one. I'm telling you, that game is a guide to living the wild way :P But if Chinatown Wars sold badly it deserved it - it sucked.
Avatar image for Defy_The_Fallen
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 Defy_The_Fallen
Member since 2011 • 621 Posts

If there was to be another handheld GTA game, it would likely be on the PS Vita rather than the 3DSSkinnyJeans1995

Then again, chinatown wars was a DS game first wasn't it before it got ported over to PSP? Either way, I seriously doubt there would be a handheld one at all in the near future

glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#44 glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

[QUOTE="SkinnyJeans1995"]If there was to be another handheld GTA game, it would likely be on the PS Vita rather than the 3DSbonesawisready5

bonesaw makes a lot of sense.

glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#45 glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

[QUOTE="RubberDucky2147"]To be honest, I don't think a GTA 3DS would work out. Do you know how bad chinatown wars sold? Before anyone says this, I'm not a sony fanboy. In fact, I don't own a Vita, I own a 3DS. I just think a Vita GTA would sell better, because a lot of adults and teens own Vitas, and their old enough to play GTA, unlike a lot of kids who own nintnedo consoles. I remember, I was in gamestop a while back. I noticed a little kid was with his mom, and their were selling his old wii, so he could get an Xbox 360. The kid looked really excited, however, when he went to pick out some games, a store clerk pointed out, that Black Ops was probably to graphic for someone his age. My point is, is that no (decent) parent is going to get their kids a GTA game, considering that it has drugs, cursing, prostitution, and pointless murder.Spinnerweb
And hot wiring in the new one. I'm telling you, that game is a guide to living the wild way :P But if Chinatown Wars sold badly it deserved it - it sucked.

it wasnt that great. reminded me of the two original GTA's (obviously with some better production values, gameplay and such) but it didn't keep my attention for long.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#46 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I think I might be the only one who absolutely loved CW :P Found it way better than the other GTA games. Having said that, "GTA" in general is pretty mediocre to me so CW really surprised me.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
I think I might be the only one who absolutely loved CW :P Found it way better than the other GTA games. Having said that, "GTA" in general is pretty mediocre to me so CW really surprised me.Kenny789
I actually agree 100% with this
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

After the sales of China Town Wars, I seriously doubt it.