error code 220602...SOMEONE HELP!!!!! :'(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cheese5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 cheese5000
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts

please, please read all of this and help if you can, ill be the happiest guy on earth if you can solve this!

error code: 220602 the wierdest thing is..it CAN connect-just not to see the user agreements. its passes the connection test every time. ive tried everything, it was working fine before, i could use check mii out send letters and all that. and one day i was looking through the options cause i was bored and clicked 'user agreements' to see what i was and it thinks that now i havent accepted before, because IT WONT CONNECT TO SEE THE USER AGREEMENTS!! >.< !! ive tried looking over the settings of my internet connection thousands of times, all the dns numbers and ip numbers are correct (both are off auto-obtain) ive tried moving the wii to another room, nope. it still passes the connection test, and it knows no updates are availiable, but no sirree you cant see the user agreements. ive been to support.nintendo.com they say its a DNS issue, i have no clue. all the DNS numbers are right. the signal strength the wii gets to out router is great, better than any computer in our house, but it wont connect to user agreements... anyway can anyone out there help?? please!! im desperate! i NEED wiiconnect24, i have unspent wii points and wii buddies that are probably wondering why the hell i dont reply!! someone help! :'(

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
Call Nintendo
NFS102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 NFS102
Member since 2007 • 27011 Posts

No you don't need to call Nintendo. I imagine this came up when you tried to do something online right? It means the Wii can't connect to the internet, I get it all the time. You just have to reset your network thing and it'll be back to normal.

cheese5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cheese5000

No you don't need to call Nintendo. I imagine this came up when you tried to do something online right? It means the Wii can't connect to the internet, I get it all the time. You just have to reset your network thing and it'll be back to normal.

NFS102
what do you mean 'reset network'? reset the router or the wii settings? or whatever else,i need specific info, i dont know how to use, or know what most of this stuff does.
shark2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 shark2k6
Member since 2006 • 1512 Posts

Don't listen to NFS102, listen to Jaysonguy. If you do not know what you are doing with the router and you reset it, you lose all the settings. On top of that, it doesn't sound like a network/internet connections problem. Call Nintendo, it won't cost you anything, and they will hopefully be able to help you through your problem

-Shark2k

NFS102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#6 NFS102
Member since 2007 • 27011 Posts

I don't know what the name of all the computer stuff is. You have to do something with your wireless network. This is a problem with online right????? If it's not than I don't know and sorry for misleading you. If you want to call Nintendo go ahead, probably a better idea anyways.

Watermelon4372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Watermelon4372
Member since 2007 • 383 Posts
Do this. Turn off your Wii completely even Wii Connect 24. Go to your modem, and shut it off completely by taking out the power. Do the same for the router. Shut off the computer completely, and any other device that is connected to the internet through your modem ad router. Keep them off for 5 full minutes. Then turn on the modem, then router, then computer, then any device, then your Wii. This works for me but if it doesn't help, Nintendo is full of nice people.
Avatar image for shadimoscouplos
shadimoscouplos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shadimoscouplos
Member since 2004 • 1572 Posts

Dude, just call nintendo cause the WILL help you out.

And ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS listen to Jaysonguy cause he works at nintendo and is ALWAYS right when it comes to technology.

If I helped you, CHEESE, please inculde me in your sig and say I saved you while you were drowning in your little brothers swimming pool.

Thank You

-Shadi Moscouplos AND

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

Try 1st the intro below... from nintendo.com support.

If you do not know how to follow or it does not resolve the issue call N.

Error Code: 220602

There appears to be an issue with the DNS server your Wii is receiving.

1. Try a Manual Setup with the Wii console ( here how ), using your network's DNS information. To access the DNS settings:
    1. On your PC, click "Start" and then "Run."
    2. Type "CMD" into the field that appears to open a new window.
    3. Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press "Enter" to display a list of internet settings, including the "DNS" settings. Input these into the "Manual Setup" of the Wii console's internet connection.

If the problem persists, enter the number listed as "Default Gateway" under IPCONFIG/ALL. Try the connection again.

2. Review the information on our Firewall/Antivirus/Antispyware/Adware compatibility information by going here. This page offers many tips and recommendations to get your connection working through a firewall and other security programs that can be blocking the Wii console's online connection.
  3. If you are still receiving this error code, please go here for assistance. (if the above does not work I would just ignore this last link and call nintendo)

Good luck

cjm23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cjm23
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

Try this...

1. On your PC, click "Start" and then "Run."
  2. Type "CMD" into the field that appears to open a new window.
  3. Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press "Enter" to display a list of internet settings, including the "DNS" settings. Input these into the "Manual Setup" of the Wii console's internet connection.

To get to the manual setup on the Wii, go to Wii Settings. Then, scroll over until you find Internet. Click on one of the connections and set up a new one, and cick manual setup. Enter all the infomation found on the IPCONFIG/ALL window you just opened. That should work!!!

EDIT: Dang, didn't see the post above lol. Well, I explained thoroughly how to do it anyways, lol.

cheese5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cheese5000
problem solved thanks to arturomena4 (thanks again dude!), all i had to do was put the primary DNS in the secondary's place, and the secondary's in the primary's place, i dunno what it did but it worked!!! and i am so happy!! now i can use internet and my wii points!! my wii friend number is 3659 7482 2312 8629 to anyone that wants to be my wii buddy, and send me yours (i am so happy:D:D:D)
pejota76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pejota76
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Thank you very much, guys. After several hours looking for the solution, this topic solved it ... I've only interchanged my primary and secondary DNS in the WII Internet manual configuration and works perfect ... Thanks again.
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
[QUOTE="pejota76"]Thank you very much, guys. After several hours looking for the solution, this topic solved it ... I've only interchanged my primary and secondary DNS in the WII Internet manual configuration and works perfect ... Thanks again.

its good that this thread helped you, but for god's sake its 2 years old, please dont bump old topics.
mrbfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mrbfool
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
help me to please