Dungeon Manager (an idea)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spiderwork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spiderwork
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hi together!

I'm an indie developer from germany and I'm thinking about developing an exclusive title for the WiiU...

Project tile: "Dungeon Manger".

The game'll contain of course a single-player mode, but the main part is the multi-player part for up to 5 players.

4 players're playing as the heroes with the Remote on the TV, 1 player uses the GamePad and he's the "Dungeon Manager". While the heroes're fighting their way through the dungeon rooms, the Manager creates new rooms and adds monsters, traps, keys and other stuff on the GamePad in real-time. His goal is to wipe out all heroes while the heroes're trying to find and beat the Manager....

As artstyle I would prefer something like "Zelda - A Link to the past"... I found a nice fan art attachted below. I think this would be a great style for such a game...

If the interest is strong enough, I would start a Kickstarter campaign to raise the money for it.

What do you think about the idea? Would you buy such a game?

Lozozozozoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2  Edited By Lozozozozoz
Member since 2014 • 85 Posts

It is a good idea - although there are other games doing extremely similar things - and I would probably buy it depending on how well it's made and the price.

I recommend developing for PC as well, and the ability for people to play online with their friends.

spiderwork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 spiderwork

@lozozozozoz said:

It is a good idea - although there are other games doing extremely similar things - and I would probably buy it depending on how well it's made and the price.

I recommend developing for PC as well, and the ability for people to play online with their friends.

I forgot to mention it - of course there'll be an online mode to play with your friends or against them (when they take the part of the manager)! ;)

Lozozozozoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4  Edited By Lozozozozoz
Member since 2014 • 85 Posts

@spiderwork: Cool, but why just develop for the Wii U?
Sony and Microsoft both offer programs to make it easy to publish on playstation and on xbox. And publishing on PC is extremely easy.

spiderwork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 spiderwork

@lozozozozoz:

I just think that the WiiU needs some more good exclusive titles! ;) And for playing such a game with friends at home the WiiU and it's GamePad is in my opinion the best method.