Did you Like kirby's epic yarn?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

the yoshi yarn thread has turned derailed to the question : does kirby epic yarn on wii suck?

does it?

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

I enjoyed it, nothing great, but it certainly wasn't terrible.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
One of the worste Nintendo games of all time, and using that term with Nintendo doesn't even make sense. Come to thik of it, I can't even think of another ad Nintendo game.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
I never played it, but I am interested in Yoshi game, it looks like its very promising. Here is a cool video comparing the 2 for those who haven't seen it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SraSPi2uHYk#!
BlendThree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BlendThree
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

I thought it was good- nothing quite as groundbreaking as the hype surrounding it but good in an old school, 2D way.  The difficulty was clever in that it was rarely frustrating and there's no real way to run out of lives but at the same time some of the side-quests and bonus material still eludes me.  The vehicle transformations were great, very reminiscent of Yoshi's Island.  Over all, definitely worth the sub $20 price tag these days IMO.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
It was a better and more refreshing game than Return to Dreamland.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Ooh I can't wait to see nuero whats his name's post in here. This aught to be good especially when he sees that "Yes" is winning.
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts
I LOVED it. Even got 100% all the way in the game. I had such a great time playing the game.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
I played the first few levels, but the nonexistent challenge bored me
Exile_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Exile_basic
Member since 2002 • 270 Posts
The creativity was extremely good but the challenge was non-existent. I enjoyed it tho.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

It was good, but nothing amazing.

the nolstalgic/traditionalist in me prefered Nightmare in Dreamland.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i really like it. sure it's easy, but it's charming and enjoyable. got all levels unlocked and was almost done with 100% completion when i stopped. i played it a second time, not all the way through, but i went through a lot of it, because my cousin also loves the game (he did a lot of the stages solo though)
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#13 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Like all KIrby games, it is ridiculously easy, but it was also incredibly well-designed and very charming.

It was the best Kirby game since Kirby's Adventure, and one of the best sidescrollers to appear on the Wii.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Yeah I liked it, but I also understood it's for kids in the 3-8 year old range.

Like know how you sometimes watch Cookie Monster because he's Cookie Monster?

I mean before the liberal hippies got to him and made cookies a sometimes food.

When you watch Cookie Monster you're like "there's my googly eye blue monster I know and love!"

Same deal with Kirby, you're totally playing something you have no business playing but it's Kirby and you have a few hours to kill to finish it so you do that.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I thought it was fantastic. It is the only game that I have completed co-op with my son. It had enough to offer me a chance to show off my platforming skills while at the same time never being to challenging for him. The visual style was unique and fun and the storyline was just ridiculous enough for it to be endearing. 

I am actually looking forward to the new Yoshi game, a character that I do not like, simply because it is reminiscent of Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I've yet to play Kirby's Epic Yarn but I heard it was too easy same with every game Goodfeel has made. I hope their new game is more difficult.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

The kirby games are painfully easy and painfully short, and there's not much to it at all, in any area.  They're mostly aimed at small children, unlike most of Nintendo's games that are aimed at everyone.

That new yoshi game is likely to be the same as KEY.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

In short, yes I like Kirby's Epic Yarn. I've completed the game twice, as a matter of fact.

In regards to KEY's difficultly, I tend not use the word "challenging" when it comes to what the game 'lacked'. It had its challenges, but it didn't punish you severely for them, and I was ok with that. That's what makes the game ideal for younger players, but I never thought it was too easy of a game to enjoy. Plus, the way the game opens itself up to you is so unique, it's hard to not want to keep exploring it.

Not sure what this means for the upcoming Yoshi game, but KEY is a game I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
It was seriously boring. I felt like I was playing a game for 5 year olds and not just because of cute graphics.
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

The easy aspect of it scared me off. It looks beautiful and charming, but I am not the intended audience. Good thing Donkey Kong Country Returns came out around the same time for my platforming needs.

the9thinning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the9thinning
Member since 2011 • 662 Posts
Way too easy. Looked pretty though.
speedracer3190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 speedracer3190
Member since 2005 • 205 Posts

It was alright at first, very easy.

The challenge was getting 100%, the gameplay was very clever.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I enjoyed it, especially with co-op.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Minishdriveby
I'm wondering if the people saying it was too easy ever played a Kirby game before.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

It was alright at first, very easy.

The challenge was getting 100%, the gameplay was very clever.

speedracer3190

Yeah, some of the levels are REALLY hard to get a gold medal (or whatever the best ranking is). In some of them, you have to basically make no mistakes for the whole level. Sure, if you're just playing to get to the end of each level, then it's incredibly easy. But it's more fun and more difficult to play like a pro. It's still not insanely difficult or anything, but the challenge is there if you go for it.

It's the same way for a Mario game. Play to get to the end of a level and every game is a piece of cake. But play to get every star or every star coin or whatever, and it gets much more difficult.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#26 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
I thought it was fantastic. Absolutely one of the best 2D Platformers in years.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DJ-Lafleur

I'm wondering if the people saying it was too easy ever played a Kirby game before.Minishdriveby

Agreed. I can't think of a Kirby game I'd consider "hard." The only thing that comes to mind is Kirby Dreamland's hard mode, but even then that isn't THAT hard, atleast compared to the hard or even ormal modes of probably a good amount of other games. there's also the true arena's in KSS: Ultra and Return to Dreamland, but meh, those are just simple game modes, and not an entire game.

Can you die in Epic Yarn? No, but the challenge in Epic yarn was NOT supposed to come from just simply beating the level, but from colllecting everything in every level while beating it as fast as possible. I mean, doing that wasn't really THAt difficult either, but it still didn't feel that much easier to accomplish then trying to beat or complete other Kirby games.

I just hate the "a game can only be good or hard if there's death!"mentality some people seem to have (not really referencing anyone in particular). I mean, Wario Land 2 presented some challenges (nothing extremely difficult though) with some of its puzzles, and overallwas still a very satisfactory to play through. And of course there are also puzzle games.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]I'm wondering if the people saying it was too easy ever played a Kirby game before.DJ-Lafleur

Agreed. I can't think of a Kirby game I'd consider "hard." The only thing that comes to mind is Kirby Dreamland's hard mode, but even then that isn't THAT hard, atleast compared to the hard or even ormal modes of probably a good amount of other games. there's also the true arena's in KSS: Ultra and Return to Dreamland, but meh, those are just simple game modes, and not an entire game.

Can you die in Epic Yarn? No, but the challenge in Epic yarn was NOT supposed to come from just simply beating the level, but from colllecting everything in every level while beating it as fast as possible. I mean, doing that wasn't really THAt difficult either, but it still didn't feel that much easier to accomplish then trying to beat or complete other Kirby games.

I just hate the "a game can only be good or hard if there's death!"mentality some people seem to have (not really referencing anyone in particular). I mean, Wario Land 2 presented some challenges (nothing extremely difficult though) with some of its puzzles, and overallwas still a very satisfactory to play through. And of course there are also puzzle games.

i hate that "the challenge is in getting gold medal" argument, because even then it was still pretty damn easy. especially since it's so simple to manipulate the roulette at the end to give you enough gems to go from bronze to gold. very fun nonetheless, but those people that are in denial about the game being really easy should let it go, just like the people who think not dying makes the game easy (hello PoP 2008 haters). for the record, i'm not talking about you, i just used your post as a hook :P
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]I'm wondering if the people saying it was too easy ever played a Kirby game before.BrunoBRS

i hate that "the challenge is in getting gold medal" argument, because even then it was still pretty damn easy. especially since it's so simple to manipulate the roulette at the end to give you enough gems to go from bronze to gold. very fun nonetheless, but those people that are in denial about the game being really easy should let it go, just like the people who think not dying makes the game easy (hello PoP 2008 haters). for the record, i'm not talking about you, i just used your post as a hook :P

I always found the argument of PoP2008 really funny. People were just nit-picking. There was really no difference between a screen showing the Prince being rescued from death and then ending up at the beginning of the platform segment/battle, and a scene from Uncharted where the screen fades to grey and Drake crumples to the floor only to start again at the beginning of the platforming segment or battle.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

Minishdriveby

I always found the argument of PoP2008 really funny. People were just nit-picking. There was really no difference between a screen showing the Prince being rescued from death and then ending up at the beginning of the platform segment/battle, and a scene from Uncharted where the screen fades to grey and Drake crumples to the floor only to start again at the beginning of the platforming segment or battle.

there is. one takes one second. the other takes 30 (and progressively damages your nerves with frustration). PoP 2008 did what super meatboy did, two years before.
Tonindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Tonindo
Member since 2006 • 563 Posts

It's a pretty forgettable game. Not bad, but not too good either.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DJ-Lafleur

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]I'm wondering if the people saying it was too easy ever played a Kirby game before.BrunoBRS

I realize you aren't talking about me, but I still need to emphasize that I can agree that Epic Yarn is an easy game. I'm just saying that all Kirby games are easy and were probably intentionally designed to be easy; the first Kirby's dreamland game was meant to be a game for beginners afterall, so I wouldn't be surprised if they kept that philosophy to some degree for future Kirby games. In the end, people complaining about Epic Yarn being too easy are either hypocrites or have never played a Kirby game before.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
It was one of my favorite platformers of the last generation. It had charm and style, something few other games do.