Club Nintendo Shutting Down, Flipnote 3D in February

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Whaaaaaaat

Important Information on Club Nintendo Program Discontinuation

Dear Club Nintendo Members,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Nintendo.

We launched Club Nintendo 6 years ago in North America, and we’re grateful for all of the feedback that our members have provided on your experiences with our products.

In order to focus on planning for a new customer loyalty program for our fans, we’ve decided to wind-down the Club Nintendo program. We are deeply thankful to our members for being a part of Club Nintendo for all of these years.

We will share details about our new program at a later date. For now, please see the schedule below for information on the discontinuation timeframe for Club Nintendo.

All Coins will be deleted when Club Nintendo accounts are closed on July 1, 2015. As a result, to give our members the best opportunity to use their Coins, we will add dozens of downloadable games and a limited quantity of exclusive reward items to the rewards catalog in February. In addition, as a small token of appreciation for your loyalty, all Club Nintendo members will receive a free download code for Flipnote Studio 3D in February 2015. Please visit here for information on the software and how to get the download code.

Club Nintendo program discontinuation schedule

1/20/2015
Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo
3/31/2015
Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership
6/30/2015
Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.

Your Account and Coin Balance

The information in your Club Nintendo account will not be transferred to the new loyalty program. We are adding multiple items to our reward catalog, so please be sure to redeem your Coins before the deadline on June 30, 2015. Unused Coins will be deleted as of July 1, 2015.

2015 Elite Status

In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.

FAQs about Club Nintendo program discontinuation

1. How long can I keep earning Coins?
    1. The last day to register products with Club Nintendo, take surveys, or earn Coins is March 31, 2015. Surveys in your To-Do list will be deleted after March 31, 2015, so please be sure to register products or take surveys by that date. Please note that products released after January 20, 2015 cannot be registered at Club Nintendo, and will not be eligible for surveys or Coins.
  2. But I have Club Nintendo PIN # that is valid past March 31, 2015.
    1. Products cannot be registered after March 31, 2015, regardless of the expiration date written on the PIN card.
  3. Will the games I download still be registered with Club Nintendo?
    1. Club Nintendo-eligible games that you download will continue to be registered to your account automatically until March 31, 2015 if your Nintendo eShop account is linked to your Club Nintendo account. After that date, games will no longer be registered with Club Nintendo. To find out which games you can register, please see Eligible Products. Click here to learn how to link your Nintendo eShop account to your Club Nintendo account.
  4. When is the last day to join Club Nintendo?
    1. You can join Club Nintendo until March 31, 2015.
  5. When is the last day to redeem Coins on Club Nintendo?
    1. The last day to redeem your Coins is June 30, 2015. Any unused Coins will be deleted on July 1, 2015. We are offering a large number of digital games, and select physical rewards, so we are sure you can find something you like. Limited quantities are available for the physical rewards, so please be sure to check out our Get Games & Rewards page for each item’s availability.
  6. What happens to my Coins if I don’t use them all?
    1. Any unused Coins in your Club Nintendo account will be deleted on July 1, 2015.
  7. When is the last day to get the download code for the digital games I chose?
    1. The last day to access your Club Nintendo account is June 30, 2015, so please be sure to get your 16-digit download code(s) for any games you’ve received before that date.
  8. Will the download code ever expire?
    1. Yes, all download codes redeemed from Club Nintendo will expire on July 31, 2015, so please be sure to download your game from the Nintendo eShop before that date.
  9. Do I need to cancel my membership?
    1. No, your account will automatically be cancelled on July 1, 2015, so there is no need for you to cancel your account.

------------------------------------------------------------

PAL REGIONS:

Club Nintendo Discontinuation Schedule

April 1st 2015: From this date, Nintendo will no longer include product registration cards with its packaged games, so such products cannot be registered in Club Nintendo. You may still find product registration cards in games that were in stock before this date, however.

April 20th 2015: Termination of the registration of digital products downloaded from Nintendo eShop. Digital products obtained from Nintendo eShop after this date will no longer appear in the My Registered Games & Systems page in Club Nintendo. In addition, surveys for download software titles will no longer be available.

September 30th 2015: End of Club Nintendo programme. All Club Nintendo features, such as signing up as a new member, logging in as a registered member, earning Stars, and exchanging Stars for items from the Stars Catalogue will no longer be possible from this date.

New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL

These new handheld systems, which will be released on February 13th 2015, are not registerable in Club Nintendo. However, hardware bundles will still include a product registration card for the included software until April 1st 2015, so software bundled with hardware can still be registered until September 30th 2015.

Stars

Please exchange any Stars in your account for items from the Stars Catalogue before September 30th 2015. Any Stars not used by this date will be lost, so be sure to use them as soon as possible. There are plenty of unique and exclusive items already available in the Stars Catalogue, and we'll keep adding more over the coming months, so there's plenty to spend your Stars on before September 30th 2015.

TL;DR: Club Nintendo shutting down this year. Members will finally get Flipnote Studios 3D for free on February until June 30th (For Europe: Flipnote 3D will be available when the new program launches). They'll also add many physical rewards and digital games for members to spend all their remaining coins/stars on. New loyalty program on its way.

------------------------

Good riddance, I guess? Club Nintendo has definitely gone downhill recently, but it was pretty cool to get those annual prizes. I wonder if this means they'll also be making some changes to the Nintendo Network? Unified accounts between 3DS and Wii U would be fantastic, as well as not having them locked to the system.

Thoughts?

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Might as well redeem all those coins I've been hoarding and spend it on digital crap I probably already have or don't want.

I'd say let's wait and see until February if any goof stuff comes out, but CN hasn't had good stuff in a very long time.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

(Copy/Paste from the SW thread)

I'd like to see their new reward system as part of the Nintendo Network. It doesn't make sense to have a separate system with separate login credentials, when users already have an account with the company.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Cool, they've needed to update their program for years now. The short extension of the DDP exactly coincides with the discontinuation of Club Nintendo, so it's probably safe to assume that the new program will encompass both old programs.

Iwata talked awhile ago about offering discounted prices for customers who buy a lot of Nintendo products, so maybe it'll be that.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Interesting. So I'm wondering, with it been all regions of Club Nintendo, not just one, I wonder if the service they replace it with will be a worldwide instead of region specific like it's been in the past. Maybe they'll just give codes to redeem on the eShop that'll add funds to your account for you to put towards games.

Also I wonder if this'll effect our Smash Bros. CD's, because I've still not had mine yet.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

This is just another step toward getting a unified system. It sucks they don't let you carry over your coins, though.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

I've got 1625 coins, they better put some worthwhile stuff up on their rewards for a change.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I've got 1625 coins, they better put some worthwhile stuff up on their rewards for a change.

They said "dozens" of games will be added. There's bound to be at least a few that you're interested in. At ~200 coins per game, there will probably be enough to drain your account.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

The program has been junk for a while now. The last item (truly worthy of redemption) was the Luigi's Mansion statue.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

It's sad to see it go, although I'm optimistic about whatever the new program may be.

You guys can say it was crap, but neither Sony nor Microsoft offer anything for buying their products. I have gotten quite a few Virtual Console games. To me, that's a great reward - free games. In the past I've gotten calendars and t-shirts. Again, not bad at all.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

i hope the new program will be just as good.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#12 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

@TJDMHEM said:

i hope the new program will be just as good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
Member since 2014 • 322 Posts

If this goes in favour of something like the Digital Deluxe Program (DDP) then I don't mind. Club Nintendo has been bad for a while now--and the rewards have been disappointing (still waiting on that coffee mug).

DDP was a great program, so I hope that extends to the 3DS as well. Getting $5 back for most of your big title purchases was great.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30685 Posts

Yeah hopefully the games they add aren't a bunch of games every already owns. Also I hope they are keeping track of the registered Smash Bros games for the soundtrack and Mewtwo DLC.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

it seems they werent getting the feedback they wanted....or something just wasnt cost effective anymore....

good to know there will be a new rewards program in the future though...

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30685 Posts

I assuming manufacturing and shipping of the items at no cost, was probably not the most cost effective thing. The new program will probably be digital only rewards like DLC and VC/Digital games.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Hopefully the new system is more integrated and allows you to re-download crap you already own.