Best version of the DS Lite

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chris_Yaskoski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Chris_Yaskoski
Member since 2002 • 501 Posts
I am in the market for a DS Lite. I do not want any other version or a 3DS. My question is, are there any versions / colors to stay away from? For example the best version of the SP was the Pearl Blue / Pink for it's backlit screen. Anything like this with the DS Lite? Are later colors built better than earlier ones? I have read about some screens yellowing over time, especially on the Brain Age Crimson / Back ones. Thanks in advance!
Chris_Yaskoski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Chris_Yaskoski
Even though there was a lack of response, I ended up getting a Cobalt / Black DS Lite from Walmart last night. My local walmart was the only one in the state that had any left.
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#3 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

Seems like the yellow screens and hinge cracking issues are more common in the earliest ones released. I dunno if there is a way to tell how old the one you are buying is aside from someone telling you though, perhaps get a color that was released later in the DS life span...

Also, in addition to the pearl blue and pink GBA-SPs, the graphite ones also have a back-lit screen.

Edit:

I typed my response before your second post. If you bought new, you are probably in good shape. Enjoy!

Also, apparently there are Sponge Bob and Pikachu GBA-SPs that are the AGS-101 backlit model too.

Chris_Yaskoski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chris_Yaskoski

Seems like the yellow screens and hinge cracking issues are more common in the earliest ones released. I dunno if there is a way to tell how old the one you are buying is aside from someone telling you though, perhaps get a color that was released later in the DS life span...

Also, in addition to the pearl blue and pink GBA-SPs, the graphite ones also have a back-lit screen.

Edit:

I typed my response before your second post. If you bought new, you are probably in good shape. Enjoy!

Also, apparently there are Sponge Bob and Pikachu GBA-SPs that are the AGS-101 backlit model too.

logicalfrank
Yeah I heard of the other backlit SP versions but even at the time I thought they were very hard to come by. Hopefully my DS Lite works out well.
Chris_Yaskoski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chris_Yaskoski
Knowing my walmart still had one left I had to exchange my first one for the other one sitting there. The first one had two stuck pixels, one on each screen. I could have lived with it but since I knew there was one still sitting on the shelf I figured I would just exchange it. New one working great so far.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#6 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
Cobalt Blue and Crimson Red were the last DS Lite models so they should have the best settings.