A serious question for Wii U owners

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Since its a sore spot when it comes to Wii U I thought I'd do my part for the cause and buy Wii U 3rd party games this holiday season. Sonic Boom, Bayonetta 2, Watchdogs, Hyrule Warriors etc. But this got me thinking. Do any of you guys get the 3rd party games? I thought that the exclusive games would be considered more since you can't get them on other systems but it even looks like those are forgotten.

Zombi U and Sonic Lost Worlds went largely ignored. Not to mention TW101. I'm curious how many 3rd party games do you guys own? And how many of those are 3rd party Exclusive games? Does it matter to you that the games are exclusive when you are looking at a game?

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

The only 3rd party games I bought for Wii U are Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, LEGO City: Undercover and Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed. I guess Hyrule Warriors too, but I don't think that really counts because it's Zelda and published by Nintendo.

I also have Sonic: Lost Worlds, but only because I got it as a free download from Club Nintendo for registering something.

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By big_mak523
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts

I generally don't buy third party games on Wii U because they are terrible. I bought Sonic Lost Worlds and Zombi U and hated them both. The multiplats that we do get are generally horrible. I would've loved to buy the Mass Effect Trilogy for Wii U, but instead we get Mass Effect 3 for full price.

Now 3rd party games that are good, I'll get. Bayonetta 2 looks like a potential GOTY and it is gonna be a day 1 buy for me. I would love to support Nintendo with 3rd party, but most times they aren't very good games. Now is that Nintendo's fault or the developers fault? I'm gonna place the blame on both. Nintendo's consoles are severely underpowered, and the online structure is still generations behind. We have seen 3rd party games shine though when given the proper attention.

EDIT: forgot about Monster Hunter. That game was awesome."
2nd EDIT: and Rayman Legends!

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Don't do your part for the cause. Just buy games you want to play. Third-party games get ignored when people don't want to play them (or don't know about them, in cases of minimal marketing).

So no, neither the partiness nor the exclusivity are important to me. I bought Rayman Legends, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, ZombiU, Assassin's Creed 3, and a bunch of third-party eShop games because I wanted to play them. I guess the exclusivity matters a little bit because I have a PC, and I'll generally play multiplats there unless the WiiU version offers something special (like Rayman with touch screen stuff and AC3 for the gamepad map).

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bunchanumbers

@JordanElek said:

Don't do your part for the cause. Just buy games you want to play. Third-party games get ignored when people don't want to play them (or don't know about them, in cases of minimal marketing).

So no, neither the partiness nor the exclusivity are important to me. I bought Rayman Legends, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, ZombiU, Assassin's Creed 3, and a bunch of third-party eShop games because I wanted to play them. I guess the exclusivity matters a little bit because I have a PC, and I'll generally play multiplats there unless the WiiU version offers something special (like Rayman with touch screen stuff and AC3 for the gamepad map).

Well its not just for the cause. I am genuinely interested in these games. The only one I'm not super interested in is Hyrule Warriors. But it will fill out my library nicely.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
Member since 2014 • 322 Posts

I just buy the games that I want to play. I don't really take into considering if they're from a third party developer or not.

Though looking at my library, it's filled mostly with first party content. Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101 and Sonic and All-Star Racing Transformed being the only exceptions.

Besides indie developers, big third party developers haven't really given me a reason to pick up their software on the Wii U. If they do, I'll pick up the content. I've already done so on the 3DS.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

I bought the Wii U a few months ago. I love it and I play it every week, but I do not have third party titles for it.

I can just get those titles on Xbox One, PS4 or PC.

Also, so far, no third party title this year has interested me.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

when the wiiU launched i tried to buy every 3rd party game.....but no one else was buying so i just gave up.

i just buy the ones i want to play now.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@JordanElek said:

^ Best advice, there are some 3rd party games that I never got into, CoD/BF, Ass Creed, Batman: Arkham bla bla. My 3rd party games for Wii U - Lego City, Zombi U, Rayman Legends, SplinterCell: Blacklist, Tekken Tag 2, Injustice GAU, Sonic ASRT, RE: Revelations, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge. :P

Upcoming ones would be HW, & Bayonetta 2..& if Nintendo decide to release Fatal Frame/Project Zero 5 - then that too. :P

(Damn Glitch Spot) deleted my earlier post. >_<

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

I will buy Devils Third but not much else out that I would consider. I played the Bayonetta 2 demo and thought it was fun and nicely done. Oh forgot about Deus Ex that looks like one I would buy sometime.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12  Edited By Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

The Wii U is almost 2 years old, just over 1 month to go. In that time I have bought 10 retail third party games. From Ubisoft, Zombi U, Rayman Legends, Avengers Battle for Earth, From EA Need for Speed Most wanted U From Warner Bros games, Batman Arkham City Armored Edition, From Capcom Ducktales remastered. From Koei Warriors Orochi Hyper 3, From Activision Call of Duty Black Ops 2, From Namco Tank! Tank! Tank! and finally From Temco Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge.

So I have at least bought ten third party boxed retail games for the Wii U. Nintendo first party offerings are the main draw but at least I have done my part.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Sometimes, assuming it's not a really bad port.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

The only 3rd party game I bought on Wii U was Rayman Legends and that's because it is the only 3rd party game on Wii U that is the best version of the game available. All of the other 3rd party games I would be interested in have better versions on Xbox or PlayStation, so I buy them for those consoles instead.

bdmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bdmckinley
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts

I've supported 3rd parties since day one. All physical copies

Mass Effect 3
Darksiders 2
Most Wanted U
Batman: Arkham City
Disney Infinity
Diney Infinity 2.0 Cod Black Ops 2
Ninja Gaiden 3
The Wonderful 101
Ducktales: Remastered
Tekken Tag
Splinter Cell
Assassins Creed 3
Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag
Resident Evil: Revelations
ZombiU
Jeopardy

With many more to come.....

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17675 Posts

List me one good reason why I would prefer to get third party games on Nintendo's system. The online that's half-assed? The DLC that never arrives? The worst performing version?The one and only reason I've bought third party games on the U is for off screen play so I can chill in bed and game. That's it, and even then I can't stand playing them (Arkham City AE) because they're so shit in comparison to other versions. Now even that's not a reason enough and I only buy first party. There are literally ZERO reasons to get third party games, and every reason not to.

When I spend my money I expect to get the best. Nintendo doesn't offer that; hence the math ain't hard. They made their bed and I hold no compunction about helping them lie in it when they obviouisly don't give one flying **** to help themselves. When they start putting in effort, start caring, and give me impetus past "support Nintendo because they're Nintendo", they will have my coin.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bunchanumbers

@MirkoS77 said:

List me one good reason why I would prefer to get third party games on Nintendo's system. The online that's half-assed? The DLC that never arrives? The worst performing version?The one and only reason I've bought third party games on the U is for off screen play so I can chill in bed and game. That's it, and even then I can't stand playing them (Arkham City AE) because they're so shit in comparison to other versions. Now even that's not a reason enough and I only buy first party. There are literally ZERO reasons to get third party games, and every reason not to.

When I spend my money I expect to get the best. Nintendo doesn't offer that; hence the math ain't hard. They made their bed and I hold no compunction about helping them lie in it when they obviouisly don't give one flying **** to help themselves. When they start putting in effort, start caring, and give me impetus past "support Nintendo because they're Nintendo", they will have my coin.

so I take it you're buying Bayonetta 2?

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17838 Posts

every single game i own on the wiiu is exclsuive to it. it was the same with the wii. half of my wii games were 3rd party but all were exclsuive to the wii (well except okami but the wii got the best version).

on the wiiu the 3rd party games i have at the moment are: lego city (quite fun, great ending), monster hunter 3 (hoping monster hunter 4 gets a port to the wiiu) and wonderful 101 (havent really started it). i will be getting bayonetta 1 and 2.

on the release schedule at the moment i dont see myself buying any 3rd party games on a nintendo platform really outside of bayonetta 2 (unless monster hunter gets a port). i like the idea of zombieU but i dont like things jumping out at me. a similar idea but more of a survival game (old GBA game where you survive on an island...name escapes me)....that would get my interest.

i wont buy bad games or pay the same money for the inferior version of a game just to support a cause. its nintendos job (and to a lesser extent 3rd parties) to convince me that the best place to get these games is on a nintendo platform.

BronxBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BronxBomber
Member since 2003 • 13398 Posts

I owned the Wii (don't own the WiiU) and I only bought exclusives for the system. If it was multi platform, I never bought the Wii version. The Wii version was always the least supported version and worse for online.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Its a chicken and egg thing. No I don't buy 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles unless there is something worth while. My friends and I would all rather play it on other consoles. How does Nintendo solve this perception? I don't know. I buy Nintendo systems for exclusives and love every minute of it. Third party games like Monster hunter, yea I'll buy those.

If Nintendo were to team up with Valve and make a Nintendo based SteamOS machine I think they'd lure a lot of third parties back. It would give PC devs another platform to port to with ease.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts
@osan0 said:

i like the idea of zombieU but i dont like things jumping out at me. a similar idea but more of a survival game (old GBA game where you survive on an island...name escapes me)....that would get my interest.

I think there's only one jump scare in all of ZombiU. The horror is created by the possibility of being overwhelmed by zombies, since slow melee combat is basically your only option. Most of the time, the fear manifests itself as that feeling on the back of your neck as you run for your life from the crowd of zombies that you let get too close to you.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Although I bought all of them at sale prices, I've picked up Monster Hunter, Wonderful 101, and Scribblenauts Unlimited for 3rd party games. I also got Child of Light which should count I think.

I'll be picking up Bayonetta 2 on launch. I mainly stick to the Nintendo produced exclusives, but I'll pick up 3rd party games once in awhile if they look good or exclusive to Nintendo.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Bayonetta 2 is 2nd Party. - I have it pre-ordered and paid off though so I am getting it.

Watch Dogs...your seriously going to fork over $60 to that horrid company Ubifail? Really? Your the enablers who they take advantage of.

Hyrule Warriors - BLEH thats the worst game I've played and seen in a VERY long time. It's stupid Dynasty Warriors with Zelda Textures nothing more, it insults the Zelda franchise. Never buying it, I played it at a friends for an hour cause he wanted to see if I would buy it from him cause he hated it to, I said I'll try it, but yeah its absolute shit. So he took it back to EB Games lol.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Like the N64, Gamecube, and Wii....my Wii U is for high quality exclusives only (in genres I like of course). I learned this lesson in the 1996 with the release of the N64, so I'm coming on twenty years of knowing to avoid third party multiplatform games on Nintendo home consoles.

For instance, I don't care for racers so I didn't buy Mario Kart 8, but I recognize I would have bought MK8 if I enjoyed Mario Kart's 1-7, but I didn't enjoy those games. I remember my first Mario Kart which I own on SNES...I just don't like racing games, but if I were to force myself to play them, Mario Kart would top the list. I love the Main Mario platformers, so I buy every single one of those main Mario titles as they release. I buy high quality exclusives in genres that interest me, for sure. I don't like sports so I don't buy Mario Golf, but I like Zelda so I would buy those, etc. If there is a 3rd party multiplatform game available on another platform, I won't even give it another look for Wii U. No way. I learned my lesson on the N64, and then relearned it an the Gamecube and Wii. It's not like the Wii U is some anomaly to 3rd party droughts.

Everything else that is multiplatform and 3rd party I will buy on other platforms (due to bad ports, late ports, worse online, bad/poor DLC Support, Nintendo Network policies, etc).

Nintendo has had the opportunity for the N64, Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U to take steps to change millions of Nintendo consumer's purchasing patterns (like myself) and as of yet they offer little to no incentive to buy inferior Wii U multiplats on their hardware. I'm not going to buy blindly the worst versions of multiplatform games I don't care for, that's absurd. I know younger teenagers/early twenty-somethings might consider being wasteful with money like that, but that is hard earned personal revenue that could go toward owning MORE machines and MORE games that I'd much rather have. I can see such an irresponsible fiscal philosophy to spend recklessly on games they don't even want to be true if someone is living with relatives/parents and really just don't understand the value of a dollar.

I own all the platforms so I'll enjoy the best versions of a game elsewhere.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SolidTy
@MirkoS77 said:

Beautifully put.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MirkoS77

@bunchanumbers said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I don't know yet, why?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MirkoS77

@SolidTy said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Beautifully put.

You too.

Where's your sig from?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#28  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I have a decent number of 3rd party games. Minus signs appear to the right of those I no longer have.

• Assassin's Creed III - It sucked. It wasn't a bad port. I just didn't like the game.
  • Assassin's Creed IV
  • Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition - It wasn't a very good port. Got it as a gift.
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • Just Dance 4
  • Just Dance 2014
  • Just Dance Kids
  • Lego: The Hobbit
  • Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted U
  • Rabbids Land - Got it as a gift. Never played it.
  • Rayman Legends
  • Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
  • Sonic Lost World
  • The Lego Movie: The Video Game
  • Zombi U - No damn replay value. Got old after a while

I'll only get certain 3rd party games on Wii U because of system-specific features. For example, I'll only get the Call of Duty games on Wii U because I prefer pointer control over analog or keyboard/mouse. If it doesn't come to the platform, I don't get it. Then, there's the matter of couch multiplayer, gamepad specific functionality, and the fact that I just like the Wii U's controller. Some games, however, I refuse to get. Arkham Origins is an example. As for Watch Dogs, I was planning on getting it this holiday, but I'll be holding off til it's $20 or less, if I ever decide to pick it up.

Just Dance is fun to play with the rest of the family. No shame.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Most 3rd party games land on my PC, but I have Bayonetta 2 preordered, xenogears chronicles x preordered and have ZombiU. ALthough they are pretty much second party?! (And thank god for my local games store ^^).

In reality it is very simple, make a game I want to play and I will buy it, if the same game exists multiple platforms I will pick it on the one it performs the best. As such the Wii U has no chance in that area. So I don't think they should even try. Just give me fairly Unique games and I'm good. So far they are doing just that aswell, I have more games on the Wii U (and preordered) Then I do on my PS4.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

Assassin's Creed 3

Assassin's Creed 4

Call of Duty Black Op 2

Call of Duty Ghosts

Darksiders 2

Lego City Undercover

Mass Effect 3

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Resident Evil Revelations

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist

All I purchased for Wii U.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bunchanumbers

@MirkoS77 said:

@bunchanumbers said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I don't know yet, why?

"When I spend my money I expect to get the best."

Bayonetta 2. 10/10. The best.

So I take it you're buying Bayonetta 2?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MirkoS77

@bunchanumbers said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@bunchanumbers said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I don't know yet, why?

"When I spend my money I expect to get the best."

Bayonetta 2. 10/10. The best.

So I take it you're buying Bayonetta 2?

Read that within the context of my post. When I spend my money I expect to get the best, this being a topic about whether I buy third party games on Nintendo's hardware when there is more than one option available.....that's a no. That said, Bayonetta 2 is an exclusive. I may still buy it later on but I'm not too big a fan of its over-the-top nature nor of the genre especially. I'll check out the demo soon.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

If developers want to give us lousy versions of multiplatform titles for arbitrary reasons, they don't really deserve money we would otherwise spend on them. Excuses are excuses, Black Ops 2 for the Wii U was perfectly capable of all Activisions DLC. They choose to screw over Wii U owners. I'm tired of excuses.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SolidTy

@MirkoS77 said:

@SolidTy said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Beautifully put.

You too.

Where's your sig from?

It's from "Kung Fury". Here's the 2 minute trailer of the Kickstarted action comedy indie hybrid.

The movie isn't out yet, but I enjoyed the trailer last year so I just continued to sport the sig and avatar. It cracks me up, lol.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Maybe i'm alone but whenever there's a game for a nintendo console that's an exclusive for me it's just a "nintendo game". I'm aware they're made by 3rd party developers but still, they're only available on my Wii U so tadaa - Nintendo game.

Mario Kart? Nintendo game. Monster Hunter? Nintendo game just the same. Zelda and Wonderful 101? In my eyes if it can only be played on the Wii U, it's as good as a Nintendo game. Besides good games are good games no matter who they're developed by; distinguishing developers seems silly if all I'm interested in is if a) it's a good game and b) I have the means to play it.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts
  • Zombie U (very underrated)
  • Assassin's Creed 3
  • Black Ops 2
  • Sonic Lost World
  • Resident Evil Revleations
  • Wonderful 101 (another underrated title)
  • Rayman Legends
  • Batman Arkham City
  • Shovel Knight

Plan on Getting

• Bayonetta 2
  • Darksiders 2
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Assassins Creed Black Flag

Used to own

• Mass Effect 3 (sold after beating, planning to by trilogy for PS3 at some point)
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted (sold after about 8 hours of play, just didn't get into it, lack of split screen really sucked as well)

So yes, I buy third party games.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

I got Hyrule Warriors already and I plan on getting Bayonetta 2, since the first one is probably in my top 10 favorite games. Never really do purchase much 3rd party unless it is exclusive, such as Atlus titles, etc

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#38  Edited By quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

What I currently own for 3rd Party titles on Wii U: Darksiders 2, Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition, and Unepic.

What I used to own: COD Black Ops 2, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, and Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

I am day one for Bayonetta 2, I already own Hyrule Warriors as well, I am also day one for Watch Dogs on Wii U. I am willing to give it a chance. I will be purchasing Assassins Creed IV: Black *** soon too as well as Deus Ex: Human Revolution Directors Cut.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Only ZombiU and Assassin's Creed 3 so far. Planning to get AC4 Black Flag, Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta bundle by the end of the year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#40 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

I bought as many third parties as I could to try and support them, alas the effort didn't really work. Despite being the inferior version it didn't bug me that much at least it didn't before I started hearing the grim gaming news, (usually came onto GameSpot for reviews and nothing else) about the Wii U struggling, etc. After a while it just got annoying having the gimped version though and now that the third parties have practically left, I'll just get them on the PC. Though, I did buy

• Darksiders 2
  • BO: 2
  • Ghosts
  • AC: 3
  • AC: 4
  • Deus Ex
  • Sonic Lost World
  • ZombiU
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! (eugh)
  • Madden 13
  • Splinter Cell
  • Lego City (plus Lego Marvel)
  • Wonderful 101
  • Rayman Legends
  • Arkham Origins
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • Tekken
  • Scribblenauts
  • Injustice

I enjoyed most of them though, a lot despite their flaws.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bunchanumbers

To be honest there's maybe 2 things that prevents me from going just Wii U and letting PC slide this generation.

1. I want Wii U to have a functional plug and play media player.

2. Whenever the next Elder Scrolls game happens.

Otherwise I'd be ok if I could get all my 3rd party games on Wii U. It could run most of the games this generation without a problem. My library grows all the time and it continues to grow this holiday season. Bayonetta 2 is officially preordered for me and its the first of the 4 I plan on getting this holiday season. I look forward to Watchdogs and I'm really hopeful for Sonic Boom. I think that if it starred anybody but Sonic people would be looking at it differently. I think BRB will do wonders with the game.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#42 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I'm not going to support inferior 3rd party ports on Wii U. (Assassin's creed, Call of duty, ect) Can Nintendo just become a 3rd party developer, please?

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#43 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

Supported 3rd parties as much as I could but I only get the ones I'm interested in. Got the following:

• Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition
  • The Wonderful 101
  • ZombiU
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  • Rayman Legends
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted U
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Plan on getting Batman Arkham Origins, Bayonetta 2, Deus Ex, and maybe even Watch_Dogs depending on reviews.

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 648 Posts

I don't do third party on console at all unless that is all there is, they are just junk on consoles.

Avatar image for theguitarguy321
theguitarguy321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#45 theguitarguy321
Member since 2010 • 64 Posts

I have a total of 4 Wii U games. CoD: Ghosts and NFS: Most Wanted(2012) are two 3rd-party games that I own and I enjoy playing both. I honestly don't think gamers should care if a game is exclusive or 3rd-party. If they enjoy the series of that particular game then they should get it.