2 million dollars worth of Wii Us got stolen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by John_Aguilera (494 posts) -

Just crazy! It happened in SeaTac, Washington.

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/12/nintendo-gets-jacked-2-million-worth-of-wii-us-stolen/

#2 Posted by superbuuman (3055 posts) -

Don't even know if that's real or just a PR stunt..even the reporter is making light/fun of the news. Sounds like a PR stunt. :P

#3 Posted by SolidTy (45078 posts) -

That's strange. If those machines go online, they said they will track it.

For such a well thought out plan, it will be harder to sell than other items out there.

#4 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

I think they'd actually be quite hard to launder into money. How many Wii U's could you sell on one eBay account before such behaviour were deemed suspicious? In my opinion, probably only 3.

Unless this is some sort of organised crime, and the thieves have an established infrastructure for moving these hot goods on. eg - perhaps they can stock a dodgy gaming store.

#5 Posted by wornstar (486 posts) -

Just saw this. kinda crazy. How does an entire shipment get stolen and then disappear without anyone knowing anything?

#6 Posted by themagicbum9720 (6505 posts) -

Just saw this. kinda crazy. How does an entire shipment get stolen and then disappear without anyone knowing anything?

wornstar
magic.
#7 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
[QUOTE="wornstar"]

themagicbum9720
magic.

That potter boy again...!
#8 Posted by nini200 (10079 posts) -

[QUOTE="themagicbum9720"][QUOTE="wornstar"]

Rod90

magic.

That potter boy again...!

I think it was Ronald Weasley myself

#9 Posted by EastMagi (143 posts) -

wornstar

Dominic Toretto and Brian O'Conner must be at it again.

#10 Posted by schu (9298 posts) -

Elaborate marketing scheme for Grand Theft Wii U

#11 Posted by MSXBOX4EVER (550 posts) -

Elaborate marketing scheme for Grand Theft Wii U

schu

lol. clever.

#12 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8565 posts) -
The news stories I heard said it was the wii.
#13 Posted by Megavideogamer (5480 posts) -

Well at least the Wii U is popular with criminals. Will be hard to get rid of you can only sell some many on Ebay.

#14 Posted by JJ_Productions (1064 posts) -
I know this is kinda old, but has there been an update to this? Any suspects? Arrest? Anything?