The iPhone 5, all the important details

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bladex2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Bladex2k
Member since 2003 • 2755 Posts
i thought it was gonna be waterproof
Bladex2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Bladex2k
Member since 2003 • 2755 Posts
i thought it was gonna be waterproof
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#54 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

[QUOTE="mystic_knight"]The problem is it shouldn't be like that, but when people simply state how much more improved the product could have been, it gets backlashed from the apple community, opinions can be made that praise the device and ones that hope the device would be better. You guys made a big deal because we all stated that the lightning connector should have been replaced with a micro USB, something that is not only common on android but also on windows 7/8 phones. Its just an opinion which many felt as a silly move from apple... The phone its self is a great device, but people wanted to see the innovation Apple have been known to display, instead they got your typical progression of specs which is what the competition normally do. Not that its a bad thing, people just had higher hopes. Kid-Atari
\ Nah, bro. Just like how the 360 forums is exclusively for 360 fans, the PS3 forum is exclusively for PS3 fans, and the Wii forum is exclusively for Wii fans, and all those boards are made to avoid fan-wars, this Apple forum is that way too. This is why there's a separate Android forum from the Apple forum. There are key people that are here constantly just to voice a stance we already know they have. It's so darn retarded that you guys allow this to happen and complain about it like you have no power over the situation. The Mobile forum was split into TWO for this very reason. So do your job and keep Apple fans in here and Android fans in their forum. It'll save everyone, including you, from a headache.

Stop trolling.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29292789/android-is-it-even-open-source-anymore

awptical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 awptical
Member since 2003 • 844 Posts

Played with my stepmoms iPhone 5 today...I have to say I was pretty impressed. The screen size change was more noticable than I would have expected and the thing is just flawless. Super quick with absolutely no slow down even on intensive websites which makes my Nexus stutter. Im considering purchasing one but will wait to see what the holiday brings first. All in all a worthy upgrade imo, coming from die hard Android user.

deleteduser198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 deleteduser198
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Kid-Atari"][QUOTE="mystic_knight"]The problem is it shouldn't be like that, but when people simply state how much more improved the product could have been, it gets backlashed from the apple community, opinions can be made that praise the device and ones that hope the device would be better. You guys made a big deal because we all stated that the lightning connector should have been replaced with a micro USB, something that is not only common on android but also on windows 7/8 phones. Its just an opinion which many felt as a silly move from apple... The phone its self is a great device, but people wanted to see the innovation Apple have been known to display, instead they got your typical progression of specs which is what the competition normally do. Not that its a bad thing, people just had higher hopes. Gambler_3

\ Nah, bro. Just like how the 360 forums is exclusively for 360 fans, the PS3 forum is exclusively for PS3 fans, and the Wii forum is exclusively for Wii fans, and all those boards are made to avoid fan-wars, this Apple forum is that way too. This is why there's a separate Android forum from the Apple forum. There are key people that are here constantly just to voice a stance we already know they have. It's so darn retarded that you guys allow this to happen and complain about it like you have no power over the situation. The Mobile forum was split into TWO for this very reason. So do your job and keep Apple fans in here and Android fans in their forum. It'll save everyone, including you, from a headache.

Stop trolling.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29292789/android-is-it-even-open-source-anymore

Yes thank you for highlighting the point I was trying to make.
deleteduser198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deleteduser198
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Played with my stepmoms iPhone 5 today...I have to say I was pretty impressed. The screen size change was more noticable than I would have expected and the thing is just flawless. Super quick with absolutely no slow down even on intensive websites which makes my Nexus stutter. Im considering purchasing one but will wait to see what the holiday brings first. All in all a worthy upgrade imo, coming from die hard Android user.

awptical
Thank you for the unbiased reason. I admit I wasn't ready to upgrade until next year, but after initial benchmarks showed that the CPU performance increased over 2.5x quite literally, I think I may just sell my 4S and use the money to upgrade free of charge. :)
my_name_is_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 my_name_is_ron
Member since 2005 • 5549 Posts
I like the new panorama photos, the ease at which things can be tweeted or facebooked, the speed of the thing, I thought I wouldn't like the weight of it but its actually ok I don't like new maps (it's very unlike apple to release a half finished product), the look of the phone (have you seen the back?! Eurgh!), Siri, although better, is still not worth using. No, I'll stick with my 4s as I get most of the good stuff from iOS 6 and less of the crap stuff
my_name_is_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 my_name_is_ron
Don't even get me started on that cynical money grabbing lightning connector. It's the most obvious cash grab by apple I've ever seen. And this is a company quite well known for its expensive accessories
LordRork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#60 LordRork
Member since 2004 • 2692 Posts

Don't even get me started on that cynical money grabbing lightning connector. It's the most obvious cash grab by apple I've ever seen. And this is a company quite well known for its expensive accessories my_name_is_ron

I'm glad I only ever bought a couple of 30-pin compatible hardware products, both of which I haven't used to connect to my iPhone/iPod in years (I still use one as an alarm/radio). I think it's best to treat the iPhone as a phone rather than some all singing, all dancing media machine for that reason. And to be fair to the iPhone 5, the sound quality of its built-in speakers is much better now compared to the 4 which were rather small thanks to the old connector.

my_name_is_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 my_name_is_ron

[QUOTE="my_name_is_ron"]Don't even get me started on that cynical money grabbing lightning connector. It's the most obvious cash grab by apple I've ever seen. And this is a company quite well known for its expensive accessories LordRork

I'm glad I only ever bought a couple of 30-pin compatible hardware products, both of which I haven't used to connect to my iPhone/iPod in years (I still use one as an alarm/radio). I think it's best to treat the iPhone as a phone rather than some all singing, all dancing media machine for that reason. And to be fair to the iPhone 5, the sound quality of its built-in speakers is much better now compared to the 4 which were rather small thanks to the old connector.

It's more for those that actually do use iPod docks etc. it's not as if the old chargers size was limiting the potential of apple products
LordRork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#62 LordRork
Member since 2004 • 2692 Posts

It's more for those that actually do use iPod docks etc. it's not as if the old chargers size was limiting the potential of apple productsmy_name_is_ron

Sure. I'm getting increasingly sceptical of Apple's avoidance of non-standard connectors despite a push in the industry for more standardisation. Living in their own little bubble is eventually going to come back and bite them.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#63 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

[QUOTE="my_name_is_ron"]Don't even get me started on that cynical money grabbing lightning connector. It's the most obvious cash grab by apple I've ever seen. And this is a company quite well known for its expensive accessories LordRork

The iphone 4S has much better speakers than iphone 4 so I really doubt it has anything to do with the connector. The 4S is one of the loudest of current smartphones with the old connector.