Get iPhone 6S or wait for "iPhone 7"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

Title

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Any phone that start with only 16gb of storage space and forces you to pay $100 to get the space you are actually going to need should be avoided. Even 32 gb is almost to small for storage, especially as apps and games get bigger in size.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#3 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

One of the new Nexus phones for sure. They are coming very soon. I refuse to buy Apple.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@notorious1234na said:

Title

Depends on your situation. Is your plan about to expire?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

What's your current phone and plan?

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

Both are crap. iPhones and Apple in general is a joke. I'm glad I switched to Android years ago. I'd never touch anything Apple again. All they do nowadays is steal ideas from Android and claim it's innovative. See pic below of they're latest innovation, after they badmouthed it for years lol. Then they charge ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS for it. Apple is laughable overpriced garbage at best.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:

Any phone that start with only 16gb of storage space and forces you to pay $100 to get the space you are actually going to need should be avoided. Even 32 gb is almost to small for storage, especially as apps and games get bigger in size.

Look at the bright side they no longer serve the 32gb versions anymore. 64gb is the 2nd tier followed by 128gb obviously.

Depends what you want op. Personally I started smart phones with the iphone 4 and stuck with every non-S iterations. Its tempting for me to switch, seems like samsung and other new android phones have much higher ppi. The battery got a smidge smaller on the S, so battery life would be the same or worse. I don't think they announced the ram and if they did without bumping up from 1gb than I would forget it.

The announcement of 7 could be a do or don't situation for me on whether I should get the another iphone. I like the os, but the limitations despite jailbreaking along with weak specs is discouraging ( I know they are the masters at optimizing, but still).

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:

Don't worry, you can always buy and sd car....... oh wait, apple put a stop to that too, they really want to make sure you pay $100 extra dollars for extra memory that costs at most $20 in anything else.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@notorious1234na said:

Title

Can't see how this is a PC related at all, Moved to Mobile forum

On the matter, can't recommned Apple at all, you pay more for less.

Two phones I recommend are Meizu M2 Note (got it for myself and for my GF) and Asus Zenfone 5 - both devices are cheap as hell and got everything normal user would need. (Zenfone comes with Intel CPU so it's unique).

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

wow a lot of trash talk in here. On to the topic at hand, I'd say if you're coming from Iphone models 4 through 5c then yes but if it's the 5s or 6 than no you better off waiting to get a 7 or 7s

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

Get a more decent and cheaper phone like the Xperia Z5...

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#12 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@Celsius765: That's some reasonably good advice. As long as you're in 64bit SoC range, you'll be in good shape for long time.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Just wait for Windows 10 Mobile and get a Lumia 950 or 950 XL

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: You're the only one that cares about those phones.

Bravo632

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bravo632
Member since 2015 • 207 Posts

I'm currently using the iPhone 5S, I kind of feel the need to upgrade & I'm really not digging the iPhone 6/6S design.

Seeing how delicate these phones are, very prone to scratches.. if you ask me, I've always seen iPhones as car chassis without a body cover & things just got worse with the protruding camera.

How I'm dealing with my iPhone 5S? Well, I have a Mophie juice pack air case, & it may have added bulkiness but comparing the bulkiness that I'd get with using a similar Mophie case for an iPhone 6, it's really hard to compare. I really don't like carrying a separate battery juice pack with me wherever I go.

I was hoping to see the announcement of iPhone 6C, sometimes Plastic is a lot better than 'Premium Metal' finish.

LeapyOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LeapyOne
Member since 2015 • 17 Posts

I read that the iPhone 6S was originally supposed to be called the iPhone 7. Then somewhere along the line Apple decided to make the iPhone 7 as the iPhone 6S so that they can later make an iPhone 7. The more iPhones in the Apple product pipeline, the more profit for Apple's bottom line. In other words the 6S wasn't supposed to exist in the first place, it's only called 6S because Apple wants to make more money by selling you more products.

So which do I prefer? I'm currently using the iPhone 6, and I can always upgrade later on to iOS 9 with iPhone 6. I don't have to get the iPhone 7 when that comes out probably next Fall. But as always everything with the new phone will be upgraded including newer features. Unless you need to have Apple's latest hardware, there's no reason to wait to get an iPhone 7. Or you can do Apple that favor and get both the phones.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 musicalmac  Moderator

@leapyone: That's not accurate at all. Apple started making S models as far back as the iPhone 3G. There was a 4S and a 5s and now a 6s. It's not an iPhone 7 because Apple didn't overhaul the construction yet.

Look at a 3G and 3GS, 4 and 4s, a 5 and 5s, a 6 and 6s... See a pattern?

LeapyOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LeapyOne
Member since 2015 • 17 Posts

@musicalmac: I based my comment on what I read in an article but I don't have positive proof that what I read was accurate. Nevertheless, what you say does make sense however, then why wasn't there an iPhone 4 Plus and iPhone 5 Plus? It's not a stretch to say that maybe Apple decided instead of calling their phone the 6S maybe it was called the 6 Plus and then maybe the next Phone would be the 7 instead of the 6S.

Then again on second thought, you're most likely correct because the 6S is the same size as the 6.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

@leapyone: Now you got it. lol

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mister-Man

@applepie: The 6 is made of aluminum. What are you on about?

Bravo632

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bravo632
Member since 2015 • 207 Posts

@applepie said:
@bravo632 said:

I'm currently using the iPhone 5S, I kind of feel the need to upgrade & I'm really not digging the iPhone 6/6S design.

Seeing how delicate these phones are, very prone to scratches.. if you ask me, I've always seen iPhones as car chassis without a body cover & things just got worse with the protruding camera.

How I'm dealing with my iPhone 5S? Well, I have a Mophie juice pack air case, & it may have added bulkiness but comparing the bulkiness that I'd get with using a similar Mophie case for an iPhone 6, it's really hard to compare. I really don't like carrying a separate battery juice pack with me wherever I go.

I was hoping to see the announcement of iPhone 6C, sometimes Plastic is a lot better than 'Premium Metal' finish.

I've got the same! 5s is very well designed and manufactured! In fact it has small screen but for me it is the only one disadventage.

I am not going to change it for 6/6s. I used 6 and it's in fact "plastic". I suggest everyone to wait for iphone 7. I am looking for a real breakthrough from Apple!

The 5S model is surely better designed and looking. Do you case your phone or do you prefer it 'naked'? If you'll end up casing it, then the design shouldn't really bother you much.

I am considering the iPhone 6S upgrade, I think if I'll stick with the S models, I can last for another year or longer without needing an upgrade. Usually the first models of iPhone series comes with issues.

iPhone 5 had the purple sunlight issue
iPhone 6 had the bending issue

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Everything on ios has been exceeded on other platforms, but IMO the security Apple offers is a huge draw.

.....off topic but does anybody have experience with the site banggood? I don't need cutting edge. Not a smart phone user. Will keep the Nokia, but am eyeing either a zte nubia z9mini or lenovo vibe shot.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

@leapyone said:

@musicalmac: I based my comment on what I read in an article but I don't have positive proof that what I read was accurate. Nevertheless, what you say does make sense however, then why wasn't there an iPhone 4 Plus and iPhone 5 Plus? It's not a stretch to say that maybe Apple decided instead of calling their phone the 6S maybe it was called the 6 Plus and then maybe the next Phone would be the 7 instead of the 6S.

Then again on second thought, you're most likely correct because the 6S is the same size as the 6.

Plus is a Phablet.

I wonder if they'll make another C version, even though realistically the 5C was just an iPhone 5 with a plastic body.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mister-Man

@chaplainDMK: It had a plastic body, weaker processor and lesser camera.

AzNaLaN15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 AzNaLaN15
Member since 2003 • 73 Posts

Wait for the iphone 7s.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 musicalmac  Moderator

@chaplainDMK said:
@leapyone said:

Plus is a Phablet.

I wonder if they'll make another C version, even though realistically the 5C was just an iPhone 5 with a plastic body.

That's right, it was.

I doubt we'll see another "C" version for a long time (if ever).

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 musicalmac  Moderator

A little on the ancient side.