Can't decide which phone to get

This topic is locked from further discussion.

foggy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 foggy666
Member since 2003 • 1123 Posts

Hello everyone.
I currently have a Samsung Galaxy (i7500 ? not to be confused with the newer Galaxy S) ? it?s old, slow and doesn?t support any apps.
The problem now is that it stopped working properly and it can?t connect to any network so I need to buy a new phone.
I am going to buy a unlocked phone (no contract deals where I live).

Currently I am torn between these phones: (all of them cost the same here)
Samsung Galaxy SII
Motorola Razr (XT910 ? Droid Razr in the US)
HTC Sensation XE

Any advice?

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts

Hello everyone.
I currently have a Samsung Galaxy (i7500 ? not to be confused with the newer Galaxy S) ? it?s old, slow and doesn?t support any apps.
The problem now is that it stopped working properly and it can?t connect to any network so I need to buy a new phone.

Samsung Galaxy SII
HTC Sensation XE

Any advice?

foggy666
Is the HTC one s the same price as the XE, get that instead of all the other phones, if you don't want that, get the GS2
foggy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 foggy666
Is the HTC one s the same price as the XE, get that instead of all the other phones, if you don't want that, get the GS2mystic_knight
the HTC One S actually cost the same as the One X here... go figure. so you recommend the GSII over the Razr?
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mystic_knight
What country are you from? I like the RAZR, but in terms of software and accesories support, The GS2 is android market leading. The GPU and display are more superior on the GS2 as well. GS2 is non PenTile SAMOLED while the RAZR is PenTile SAMOLED.
Mozuckint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Mozuckint
Member since 2012 • 831 Posts

I'm going to agree with mystic_knight.

The GS2 does most things better than the Razr. The points the Razr chalks up over the GS2 is Build Quality and cell radios(which motorola almost always does a pretty good job with anyway.)

And really, with Motorola slowly but surely throwing the Razr MAXX into more and more countries, you'd be taking quite the chance at direct buyers remorse if you Chose the Razr.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

Either the RAZR or the S2 would be very good. Can you get a Galaxy Nexus straight from Google where you live?

foggy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 foggy666

not straight from google, but for the same price as the other phones i mentioned. I actually thought about the nexus since you receive updates straight from google.

EDIT:i might have an option for someone to get it for me in the US, and 350$ is much cheaper than the prices here. how fast does google usually ship it? since that person has only a few days.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
It really comes down to what they cost, the s2 is the best phone but has the worst build quality. The Sensation is a great phone and has ICS available right now while Razr still maybe not have it depending on where you are. You should also consider the galaxy nexus, but you can't go wrong with either.
[QUOTE="foggy666"]

Hello everyone.

Samsung Galaxy SII
HTC Sensation XE

Any advice?

mystic_knight
Is the HTC one s the same price as the XE, get that instead of all the other phones, if you don't want that, get the GS2

The one s for a multimedia phone is rather gimped with it's lack of storage and for that reason the sensation remains a better phone in my books having a sd card slot and it is much cheaper.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#9 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

The galaxy nexus is the phone to get, only reason to not get it is if you find 13.5GB space too limiting. In that case S2 is your only option but be warned it may no longer be keeping pace with the latest android versions.

The one s for a multimedia phone is rather gimped with it's lack of storage and for that reason the sensation remains a better phone in my books having a sd card slot and it is much cheaper. imprezawrx500
The sensation doesnt have a very good screen so I wouldnt call it a multimedia powerhouse either. 10GB storage space isnt nearly so limiting that sensation would become a better phone. One S thouroughly outdoes it in chipset, screen, camera and design.

ferycire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ferycire
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
If I would go for an Samsung Galaxy S3.
foggy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 foggy666

^The S3 is way way too expansive for me (around 850$ where I live), Im not going to spend so much just for a phone.
I think I'll go with the galaxy nexus, jelly bean looks really nice.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
Yeah, I'd choose a galaxy nexus over any of you other options. Good phone, better support.
awptical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 awptical
Member since 2003 • 844 Posts

+1 to the Galaxy Nexus. Great phone and great community backing it with great customization, roms, and support. You wont be disappointed. Jelly Bean can already be downloaded for it and the official release is in a week or two. It will also be the first phone outside of the new Nexus device later this year to get KeyLimePie as well.

WiiRocks66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 WiiRocks66
Member since 2007 • 3488 Posts

The Nexus. It was running Jelly Bean within a few hours of announcement and will be receiving the official update from Google before anything else.

foggy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 foggy666

galaxy nexus it is. thanks for the help guys!

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mystic_knight
That was the best decision. galaxy nexus would have been my pick too, good luck!
verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

I love my Galaxy Nexus, it is definitely a good phone, you won't regret it.

semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts

hope its already been ordered. Apple just got it banned over a universal search patent dispute.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mystic_knight

hope its already been ordered. Apple just got it banned over a universal search patent dispute.

semianonymous
-_-' Bunch of cry babies. Unbelievable what they get patents for honestly.
foggy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 foggy666

semianonymous
my brother was supposed to get it for me (he lives in the US and i dont, so i thought he might get it for me for cheaper). we just checked the google play webpage and its no longer available... i hate apple more than ever now
semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts

[QUOTE="semianonymous"]

foggy666

my brother was supposed to get it for me (he lives in the US and i dont, so i thought he might get it for me for cheaper). we just checked the google play webpage and its no longer available... i hate apple more than ever now

realistically, it'll be back in a few days. Theres a patch that should be out as soon as tonight, it dumbs down the universal search (which is a load of nonsense) but circumvents the patent, so unbanned

foggy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 foggy666

[QUOTE="foggy666"][QUOTE="semianonymous"]

semianonymous

realistically, it'll be back in a few days. Theres a patch that should be out as soon as tonight, it dumbs down the universal search (which is a load of nonsense) but circumvents the patent, so unbanned

unfortunately for me, it was either order today or not order it at all (from the US that is) i just ordered it here where i live, price is 582$.
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mystic_knight
[QUOTE="semianonymous"]

[QUOTE="foggy666"] my brother was supposed to get it for me (he lives in the US and i dont, so i thought he might get it for me for cheaper). we just checked the google play webpage and its no longer available... i hate apple more than ever nowfoggy666

unfortunately for me, it was either order today or not order it at all (from the US that is) i just ordered it here where i live, price is 582$.

Man in australia you could find that for about $400
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#26 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
I'll go with the S2.