Apple vs Samsung . A full comparison . Samsung is dead .

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

GeekBench Scores

Single Core performance: S7 gets 1708. iPhone 7 gets 3485

Multi-Core performance: S7 gets 4048. iPhone 7 gets 5624

holy smokes does Apples single core performance blow the crap out of Samsung.

JavaScript Performance: S7 gets 44. iPhone 7 gets 169.04

No competition here.

3DMark Graphics Test: 27851 for S7, 37810 for iPhone 7

Better graphic performance by yet another wide margin. As usual, no surprise here

Real world usage test: S7 lapped twice, took twice the amount of time to complete test.

https://youtu.be/k_PK_6F_Bhk

Water Proof test: iPhone goes deeper, longer, survives, S7 dies at shallower depth

https://youtu.be/K05cTPeFfyM

There you have it folks. Samsung loses in comparison by every single metric.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

lol Javascript...reallly

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mister-Man

@MonsieurX: Really. In case you didn't know, JavaScript performance translates into faster and smoother web application performance. Which is why it's an important metric to measure.

Which means...... Even most of the internet runs three times faster on an iPhone 7 compared to Androids best.

The butthurt is so strong.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Java script is becoming more and more an obsolete langage, but cool for the iPhone to use it bettet

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

So does apple pay you for every fanboy post you make in this forum? Just curious.

I always laugh in the face of those so called "real world usage tests" No one uses their phone like that ever lol. This shouldn't shock anyone, the iPhone has a much smaller and feature lacking OS so of course it will run faster. People don't buy phones due to benchmark tests, they buy them for the OS, that is why apple keeps losing market share little by little.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#6 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@Nick3306 said:

So does apple pay you for every fanboy post you make in this forum? Just curious.

I always laugh in the face of those so called "real world usage tests" No one uses their phone like that ever lol. This shouldn't shock anyone, the iPhone has a much smaller and feature lacking OS so of course it will run faster. People don't buy phones due to benchmark tests, they buy them for the OS, that is why apple keeps losing market share little by little.

Apple owns the market, every aspect of it. Market share is nothing without profit, and Apple owns more than 90% of that. You didn't actually make a single meaningful point in your post, not one you could support with any sort of measurable evidence.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts

I'll pay money NOT TO HAVE an iPhone.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nick3306

@musicalmac said:
@Nick3306 said:

Apple owns the market, every aspect of it. Market share is nothing without profit, and Apple owns more than 90% of that. You didn't actually make a single meaningful point in your post, not one you could support with any sort of measurable evidence.

I wasn't talking about profit though, I wasn't talking about what company was doing better. I was clearly talking about people buying phones due to the OS and a declining market share partially shows what consumers are choosing. Profit has nothing to do with anything I said.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 musicalmac  Moderator

@Nick3306 said:

I wasn't talking about profit though, I wasn't talking about what company was doing better. I was clearly talking about people buying phones due to the OS and a declining market share partially shows what consumers are choosing. Profit has nothing to do with anything I said.

Rookie mistake. Declining market share does not equal declining sales, and profit share is everything. Would you rather have 80 friends who each give you a dime or 20 friends who each give you 5 bucks?

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

Lol, you again.

Apple sucks.

Get over it.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nick3306

@musicalmac: again that is not what im arguing about. Im arguing that less people are buying iphones and the sales back that up. No one is going to argue that apple isnt doing well finacially. I am soley talking about number of units moved, not the money made from said units.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 musicalmac  Moderator

@Nick3306: It will matter when Apple isn't taking almost 100% of the industry's profits.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mister-Man

@Nick3306: People aren't "choosing" Android any more than third-world countries are doling out buy-one-get-three deals starting at $50 for the most hardware lacking Android devices.

It's really the only way Android can compete now. By literally giving away free phones to bolster "sales numbers." Which again shows exactly why Apple owns the entire market... And reaps all the relevant profits.

As for real world usage tests, yes. People do open, close and revisit previously opened apps. It's pretty much ALL we do on our phones to access our data, games, social media etc. The iPhone does it over twice as fast. It's completely relevant and no amount of crack you smoke will change that reality. Did you see how long it took for the iPhone to compile a video? It literally took seconds, while on the "more RAM and Cores" powerful Note 7 took nearly a whole minute. That's so ridiculously embarrassing I don't know how or why you'd defend such a poor OS.

As for "less people buying iPhones..." iPhone 7 sold out even before release. Hardly indicates the waning sales you speak of.

Kudos. Enjoy your half baked OS that can't even utilize most of your RAM or processor.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mister-Man

Funny how for the same exact price, Samsung owners can have a phone that's literally twice as powerful, twice as stable, ten times more supported by developers and third-party peripheral and accessory makers, more waterproof, with all the same Google and Microsoft productive suites and cloud services, but would rather get ripped off with over-priced and under-powered hardware just because Apple. and because home screen.

Goes to show who exactly has been the blind sheep all along.

C'est la vie! Enjoy getting milked! lol

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mister-Man

@Wickerman777: How does Apple suck when their one year old devices are faster than your newest Android devices, and the newest iPhones are literally over twice as powerful and stable? At least I have measurable data to back up my claims, and all you have are fanboy remarks backing you up. lol, get over it buddy. Welcome to reality.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nick3306
@mister-man said:

@Nick3306: People aren't "choosing" Android any more than third-world countries are doling out buy-one-get-three deals starting at $50 for the most hardware lacking Android devices.

It's really the only way Android can compete now. By literally giving away free phones to bolster "sales numbers." Which again shows exactly why Apple owns the entire market... And reaps all the relevant profits.

As for real world usage tests, yes. People do open, close and revisit previously opened apps. It's pretty much ALL we do on our phones to access our data, games, social media etc. The iPhone does it over twice as fast. It's completely relevant and no amount of crack you smoke will change that reality. Did you see how long it took for the iPhone to compile a video? It literally took seconds, while on the "more RAM and Cores" powerful Note 7 took nearly a whole minute. That's so ridiculously embarrassing I don't know how or why you'd defend such a poor OS.

As for "less people buying iPhones..." iPhone 7 sold out even before release. Hardly indicates the waning sales you speak of.

Kudos. Enjoy your half baked OS that can't even utilize most of your RAM or processor.

No one opens tons of apps in a row, it is usually a few every few minutes. Also, you should look up the actual iPhone sales by generation, selling out is hardly an accurate measure. You call the OS that has way more features half baked, great joke lol.

Also saying the os cant even utilize the RAM or processor shows just how clueless you are when it comes to hardware and development lmfao.

Finally, I am not sure why I am even responding to you as I am 99% sure you are just a troll account. Apple is still doing well, they sell good devices, I'm not sure why you feel the need to bash android so much.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@Nick3306 said:

Finally, I am not sure why I am even responding to you as I am 99% sure you are just a troll account. Apple is still doing well, they sell good devices, I'm not sure why you feel the need to bash android so much.

She doesn't bash android exactly, she bashes anything non-apple.

Also blatantly avoids the iPhone 7 supply shortage, its sold out worldwide cos they cant manufacture more than 2 devices a day.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mister-Man

@Nick3306:

Of course I can say Android has terrible RAM management and resource utilization.

Please explain to me how a 6GB RAM 6-Core processor is being absolutely demolished by a 2GB RAM 4-Core processor. Explain please? That's Android as an OS for you. It isn't a secret. Developers will tell you the same thing. The OS sucks so hard that Samsung has to cram 6GB of RAM and an Octo-Core processor just to be half as fast as the newest iPhone.

So while you back up your claims with empty conjecture, everything I've said is backed up by irrefutable evidence. Not just in real world tests but in scientific BENCHMARK results. Let me reiterate the benchmark scores: Note 7 got 1700. iPhone 7 got 3500. That': over twice as fast. And it shows in the real world usage speed run, when the iPhone 7 overlapped the Note 7, rendered a video in seconds while the Note 7 took a whole minute to do the same.

You keep avoiding this fact. You are paying for over-priced and under-powered hardwae that has trouble even competing with a 2015 iPhone. The denial and damage control among you is strong.

Still waiting for someone to justify Samsungs complete lack of performance quality. It's like you guys love getting ripped off with obsolete hardware at a premium cost.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

There's no freedom or features on apple devices so there completely irrelevant to me.

Anicdontal evidence but more and more people I know are going with android phones who used to apple users.

The removal of headphone jack has not gone down well.

Also the benchmark performance might look good on apple's favour, the average user would likely not notice any difference.

There's barely any difference in performance between my girlfriend's iPhone 6 and my Motorola style (mine is not even top end)

Unless we run benchmarks

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mister-Man

@thehig1: Yes there's difference. About a minute difference in compiling a timelapse video and compressing HD video, rendering a sound track etc. In the video posted above this is demonstrated. One whole minute on Android versus six seconds on iPhone. This is why creatives and productive types stick with Apple.

As for your anecdotal evidence, I have factual statistics to share with you if you'd like to press the topic of converts. I have to warn you its just going to make you look like an asshat.

No features on iPhone... Riiiiiiiiight. Keep overpaying for your underpowered bricks. Samsung could put out a turd and claim is has 10GB of RAM and you'd be all over it.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thehig1

@mister-man: real world use doesn't really involve rendering.

Real world common use is browsing the net, Facebook WhatsApp etc

A quick Google search shows iOS has about 17% total marketshare and android around 80%

https://www.statista.com/statistics/266136/global-market-share-held-by-smartphone-operating-systems/

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mister-Man

Of course it has 80% market share when third world countries dole out free Android dumb-phones and $30 handsets. That 80% market share you speak of consists of Android handsets that cannabalize each other over the remaining 10% of global mobile profits while Apple enjoys the 90%.

Thanks for bringing up the point of the internet. iPhone 7 benchmarks prove that it renders web applications three times faster than its closest competition.

Go on. Keep trying.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

@mister-man said:

@Wickerman777: How does Apple suck when their one year old devices are faster than your newest Android devices, and the newest iPhones are literally over twice as powerful and stable? At least I have measurable data to back up my claims, and all you have are fanboy remarks backing you up. lol, get over it buddy. Welcome to reality.

I could care less about how fast the chips are when half the stuff that should be in the device isn't and Apple forces you to do everything their way. That's why their products suck.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thehig1

@mister-man: yet in real world use the difference isn't really noticeable.

Apple products suck because of the restrictions of the OS, the performance difference that the average person would not notice are irrelevant.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@thehig1 said:

Apple products suck because of the restrictions of the OS, the performance difference that the average person would not notice are irrelevant.

Yes but in the PC world usually PC's are cheaper and have better hardware than mac's and are a more open platform windows/linux.

Here we have Apple have the strongest phone cpu/gpu and the price is very comparable to samsung phones.

Things literally aren't making any sense here.

Your paying more for worse hardware wouldn't fly in the PC vs Mac space. People would just buy macs if they were better an cheaper than pc's same should happen with phones.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By thehig1

@ProtossRushX: however you can't do shit on iOS compared to android.

I want to be able to emulate games on my phone (not play shitty mobile games ( mainly emulate ps1 games this can only be done on android.)

The 128gb external as card helps with this because I can never have plenty of my favorite games with me.

I want to stream sports, movies and TV and sports on kodi, this is only possible on android.

When I connect my phone to my PC there is no pissong around with iTunes, I can literally view my phone's files the same way you would view the files in a USB hard drive.

Being able to replace stock battery with a third party party that can have around 2-3 days battery life is nice, and only possible in android phones.

iOS is too restrictive and stops me being able to do any of those things, the slight games in performance that are negligible in real world use does not make up for this.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nick3306

@ProtossRushX said:
@thehig1 said:

Yes but in the PC world usually PC's are cheaper and have better hardware than mac's and are a more open platform windows/linux.

Here we have Apple have the strongest phone cpu/gpu and the price is very comparable to samsung phones.

Things literally aren't making any sense here.

Your paying more for worse hardware wouldn't fly in the PC vs Mac space. People would just buy macs if they were better an cheaper than pc's same should happen with phones.

Your comparison to the PC market doesn't quite stack up because while some people would buy macs if they weren't so ridiculously overpriced, most people use windows because of the features it offers them.

It is like I was saying earlier, speed does play a role, but the OS is much more important when choosing a phone. No one is going to switch companies if the iPhone 7 is 1 or 2 seconds faster than the S7 at opening an app, the real world just doesn't work that way. People who prefer iOS will tend to always get iPhones and people who prefer android will get those phones. It is all about selling the OS, the hardware is close enough to each other that it isn't really relevant.

The only area that apple is still behind in hardware wise is their devices screens and a lack of a headphone jack now. As a matter of fact, most people I know who switched from an iPhone to android did so because of expandable memory. When apple is charging you $100 to add 96 more GB's and a 128GB micro sd card costs $35, that tends to upset people.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mister-Man

@Nick3306: Pundits accused a lack of physical keyboard and Flash support as iPhone's lacking features. Don't worry. We've all been here, already. Twice. It's nothing like you say it is. I give the competition one to two years tops before they follow the same lead. Again. For the third time.

For loading apps and closing apps, sure, the two to three second difference it makes wouldn't be end all be all. But for some reason you guys love to ignore where the 1700-3600 point difference in benchmarks means for high-intensive processing tasks. Again, the easiest example is in that real world usage test video. 6 seconds to compile a time lapse video on iOS, versus over one whole minute to do the same on Android. You can imagine where else this performance disparity would take form as well. Music production. Video editing. Sound creation. Graphic design. Auto CAD application, 3D Rendering. Running simulations. You're forgetting that the disparity between the A10 Fusion processor and the rest of what Android has to offer places the new iPhone in lap-top class computing. It completely blows the competition into dust, while allowing more intensive applications that otherwise need more power to run to be possible on a phone. Things Android hasn't really been good with from the beginning anyway. It's no wonder why iOS is the creative professionals choice, and a producers favorite. The interesting thing is, we have yet to see what happens when the A10 Fusions older brother is made for the next iPad, If the iPhone 7's A10 puts it at the same power of the latest iPad Pro, I can't imagine what an A10X will do for the next iPad. Even more tragic for the competition: What happens when Apple decides it can afford to not be conservative and put in the same amount of RAM everyone else is. There would be no competition in the metric of speed and performance. Yes. Power matters a lot. Especially for power users.

Just an FYI, PC sales have been down year over year for quite some time now, probably for the last four years. Mac sales continue to eat into them and are now the only computer maker selling traditional devices at a consistent pace. Meanwhile, PC sales continue to implode. Last year proved to be the biggest hit for PC's as Mac sales surged rapidly, in replacement, A BGR article from last year highlights the phenomenon,

http://bgr.com/2015/07/11/mac-vs-pc-sales-2015/

So yup. Not sure what you're talking about.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 musicalmac  Moderator

@Wickerman777: That's not true, though. You're not forced to use the default Apple apps. You're free to use different apps as the default now.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@musicalmac said:

@Wickerman777: That's not true, though. You're not forced to use the default Apple apps. You're free to use different apps as the default now.

I tried to download chrome on my iphone and it was some weird 3rd party version of chrome it didn't feel official.

It was slow and didn't feel like a modern app im pretty sure apple gimped it or something and im very angry with apple.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mister-Man

@ProtossRushX: Apple didn't program Chrome, I'm curious as to how they'd have the ability to "gimp" it.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mister-Man

@Nick3306: Not sure what makes you think it isn't possible to stream movies on iOS. More confusing how you think PS1 games can't emulated on iPhones. Even more baffling that you think there are no expandable memory options for us either.

It's interesting to note that all of your concerns literally have to do with entertainment and being amused. I'm a freelance graphic designer and a part time music producer. I'll tell you what, two thirds of what I need to do aren't possible on Android, simply because software support sucks that bad for the platform. I have yet to see a decent, robust DAW on Android capable of working with extensions and plug-in.

Support is horrible on Android. The apps that are available for this kind of work are obscure and run horrifically unstable.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nick3306

@mister-man said:

@Nick3306: Not sure what makes you think it isn't possible to stream movies on iOS. More confusing how you think PS1 games can't emulated on iPhones. Even more baffling that you think there are no expandable memory options for us either.

It's interesting to note that all of your concerns literally have to do with entertainment and being amused. I'm a freelance graphic designer and a part time music producer. I'll tell you what, two thirds of what I need to do aren't possible on Android, simply because software support sucks that bad for the platform. I have yet to see a decent, robust DAW on Android capable of working with extensions and plug-in.

Support is horrible on Android. The apps that are available for this kind of work are obscure and run horrifically unstable.

You clearly replied to the wrong person as I did not say any of that.

But as a side note, why would you want a DAW on a mobile OS? One of my friends produces music for a living and is baffled that anyone would use a mobile OS for music production.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mister-Man

@Nick3306: "Why would anyone?" Why WOULDN'T anyone? Being able to compose and mix tracks on my iPad has been a godsend. It's even more portable than using a laptop, and there are particular touch controls that allow features that just simply aren't possible in a traditional setting. I used to have to rely on a number of hardware which made bringing my studio around cumbersome. Now all of it is virtualized due to being easily represented on a touch screen, like a trigger pad, mixing booth and koassalaters, all on one device. The iPad rests cleanly over my keyboard, which is a setup I can easily take anywhere, something a laptop would be inconvenient in, or desktop can't do.

So many reasons to do music production on a tablet. I've been producing exclusively on my iPad for over three years now, once I caught wind of all the tools and software available for it. My traditional setup got naturally phased out

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

So, how much do the different phones cost? And how does the ability to customize my phone to my liking differ between Apple and Samsung?

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts
@musicalmac said:
@Nick3306 said:

Apparently Apple are very successful at milking their herd. There are hardly any apps worth paying anything at all for, as far as I'm concerned.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mister-Man

@doubutsuteki: almost every industry with professionals using iOS begs to differ. So do the billions upon billions of cash flowing through the App Store. Something Google wishes happened in their ecosystem

thirockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By thirockets
Member since 2016 • 1 Posts

Samsung is making potential 'bombing phone', lol. I will vote for iPhone 7 if you chose from this two.

hoolahoop85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hoolahoop85
Member since 2016 • 10 Posts

Benchmarks mean nothing. Having just switched from the gs7 to the iPhone 7 (I broke my galaxy and my carrier offered me a free iPhone) I have to say real world performance is better on galaxy s7, also consider you're comparing Samsung a previous model to iPhones current, gs7 is in the same generation as iPhone 6s. Also consider I work in the mobile phone industry

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Mister-Man

@hoolahoop85: Nope. Benchmarks mean something, no matter how much you may undermine their relevance. Real world performance has been the metric of comparison. iPhone 7 wins in that department hands down.

dbzee_cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dbzee_cool
Member since 2003 • 277 Posts

@mister-man said:

@MonsieurX: Really. In case you didn't know, JavaScript performance translates into faster and smoother web application performance. Which is why it's an important metric to measure.

Which means...... Even most of the internet runs three times faster on an iPhone 7 compared to Androids best.

The butthurt is so strong.

Samsung =/= Android, Android's best still whoops the Iphone. :-)

hoolahoop85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By hoolahoop85

@mister-man: you have to understand the tech fully... benchmarks are irrelevant because nobody understands how to compare fairly, for example when comparing battery/power consumption, EVERYBODY set both devices too 100% screen brightness. The problem with that is that Samsung screens are brighter, so to make a fair comparison of how much power is used at a certain level of brightness you would have to set the iPhone to 100% while leaving the Samsung at 68%, because at those levels is when they output the same amount of light, this is just one example that shows the general lack of legitimacy in these types of comparisons...

Yes iPhone wins misguided, improperly performed real world comparisons

Lastly

iPhone=closed platform

Samsung= open platform

^ that one detail shows which is better all on its own, anybody who can say an iPhone7 is better than galaxy s7 is ignorant about the tech. People who say these things like apple because their "cool" and have no other way to state their preference with looking like an idiot, so they rely on false and unfair comparisons to justify their willingness to be taken advantage of by corporations.

I work in the industry, it's my job to know, understand, and compare these devices, it's all I do all day. Plus reading apples documents on how they plan to make as much money as possible, while investing as little as possible gives me a moral objection as well.

But let's think about this... how does the company with by far the smallest market share have by far the highest profit margin? Simple, by taking advantage of and ripping off consumers. And so people are willing to pay extra for less, go ahead.

On a side note, iMessage is cool

hoolahoop85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By hoolahoop85

@musicalmac: having the highest profit while having the lowest market share means one thing, they're overcharging and ripping off customers, and you think this is something to be taken as a good thing? Lol use your common sense dude, you're letting them rip you off

Apple is losing market share and increasing profit, which means they are losing customers and the only ones they are able to hang onto are the ones who are willing to get ripped off

hoolahoop85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hoolahoop85

iPhone is closed platform, samsung/ android is open platform... end of discussion.P.E.R.I.O.D.

hoolahoop85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hoolahoop85

The only real advantages of an iPhone is the Interface, and animations, yes iOS looks very nice, and getting games and apps 1st. That really is it

All this coming from a current iPhone 7 user

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#46 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

The S7 was outselling the iphone 6 by 17% in the US alone. The S8 hasn't even come out yet, Apple has been on the decline for a few years now.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#47 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@hoolahoop85 said:

@musicalmac: having the highest profit while having the lowest market share means one thing, they're overcharging and ripping off customers, and you think this is something to be taken as a good thing? Lol use your common sense dude, you're letting them rip you off

Apple is losing market share and increasing profit, which means they are losing customers and the only ones they are able to hang onto are the ones who are willing to get ripped off

Apples profit margin is 70%, its fact the iphone costs next to nothing to manufacturer.

hoolahoop85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By hoolahoop85

@Random_Matt: thank you for the numbers, it's also fact that making over 30% profit on a product is considered bad business ethics worldwide as a business major I can't believe people are willing to let this happen

hoolahoop85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hoolahoop85

Also don't forget your comparing current gen iPhone 7 to last gen galaxy s7... again unfair and misguided comparisons

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Mister-Man

@hoolahoop85: Youtube videos showing the iPhone 7 compiling the same video file three times quicker than Androids current fastest phone. Yes. iPhone wins in real world usage.

Benchmarks matter. They matter much more than the bloated specs Android handsets hilariously rely on.