deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I need to discuss the ending. Just finished the game and I still dont know what the fck just happened. When you guys finish it, someone explain it to me. I never got 3 options. I just got the one and it sucked or at least I think it did. I dont know what the fck it was.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

BTW , what the hell was joker doing at the end? Wasnt he in the fight?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#3 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
What was you war readiness? Did Earth perish?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
What was you war readiness? Did Earth perish?Stevo_the_gamer
I had maxed out my readiness. It was around 100% and my war assetts were around 7700. I got the master and commander achievement for having most war assets. They had 3 possible endings, but all of them were - lets just say - disappointing.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZDDC7vhdug&feature=player_embedded

I'd say this cut makes the ending better, more predictable, but less retarded.

There is nothing to explain, it's just stupid.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
I would have been perfectly fine if the ending was just [spoiler] Crucible kills reapers, galaxy is saved. Basic, to the point, and we all saw it coming. At worst it would have been underwhelming for a series building up to this moment [/spoiler] Instead we got this **** that had to come along with it. So dumb.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
I would have been perfectly fine if the ending was just [spoiler] Crucible kills reapers, galaxy is saved. Basic, to the point, and we all saw it coming. At worst it would have been underwhelming for a series building up to this moment [/spoiler] Instead we got this **** that had to come along with it. So dumb. jg4xchamp
I agree 100%. I think they tried to be too artsy and we end up with this confusing and basically unfulfilling ending.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
The problem is that the ending doesn't fit the parameters of the typical "paragon" style writing. As jg4xchamp stated, I would have been fined with that rather predicable ending--especially if they tied up loose ends about the stories regarding the other races. Instead, it just ended with a giant illogical whimper.
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
What was you war readiness? Did Earth perish?Stevo_the_gamer
Readiness does not matter. You just need to have a high EMS. 5000 is for the best ending.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

The whole "good ending" is a farce. It only counts for the destroy one and just gives you a1 sec clip of shephard at the very end. Not very fulfilling for all that work. None of the choices at the end were that palatable.

Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

I would have been perfectly fine if the ending was just [spoiler] Crucible kills reapers, galaxy is saved. Basic, to the point, and we all saw it coming. At worst it would have been underwhelming for a series building up to this moment [/spoiler] Instead we got this **** that had to come along with it. So dumb. jg4xchamp

I don't even think it would've been that underwhelming. I spent so much time worrying about whether or not my choices would get anyone good killed (I flipped my sh*t when I thought I got Garrus and Tali killed in the final battle) that I would've been happy with a "where are they now?" montage of what happened to Character X and Faction Y.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jg4xchamp

I don't even think it would've been that underwhelming. I spent so much time worrying about whether or not my choices would get anyone good killed (I flipped my sh*t when I thought I got Garrus and Tali killed in the final battle) that I would've been happy with a "where are they now?" montage of what happened to Character X and Faction Y.

Slow_Show

Seriously the rest of the game has you on such a good high, and further cements these characters for you. And then the ending kicks you in the nuts.

Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Slow_Show

Seriously the rest of the game has you on such a good high, and further cements these characters for you. And then the ending kicks you in the nuts.jg4xchamp

I think it might be the first ending in the history of mankind that provides *zero* closure. It's so awful I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact it even exists (because something that terrible surely violates the fundamental laws of nature).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I would have been perfectly fine if the ending was just [spoiler] Crucible kills reapers, galaxy is saved. Basic, to the point, and we all saw it coming. At worst it would have been underwhelming for a series building up to this moment [/spoiler] Instead we got this **** that had to come along with it. So dumb. Slow_Show

LOL, I thought the same thing. I thought my Liara and Garrus got vaporized in that mad dash. Then suddenly they were on the Normandy that was apparently not even in the battle and trying to outrace some devastating shockwave. . . hooray for bioware!
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="Slow_Show"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I would have been perfectly fine if the ending was just [spoiler] Crucible kills reapers, galaxy is saved. Basic, to the point, and we all saw it coming. At worst it would have been underwhelming for a series building up to this moment [/spoiler] Instead we got this **** that had to come along with it. So dumb. sonicare

LOL, I thought the same thing. I thought my Liara and Garrus got vaporized in that mad dash. Then suddenly they were on the Normandy that was apparently not even in the battle and trying to outrace some devastating shockwave. . . hooray for bioware!

:lol: BioWare am greatest.
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kage_53
Took the synthesize ending. Replaying it again. Still won't change how stupid the last 5 minutes of the game are. Did every quest there is and scanned everything. Finished with about 3700 EMS. Also it possibly hints at Mass Effect 4.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 110million
There should not be a ME4, that would be even more retarded than the ending. They should add some DLC to wrap it up, and start a new series.
Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Slow_Show

Agree on no ME4 (save the franchise for the inevitable MMO down the road), but I don't see how they could possibly turn out DLC at this point. Either they'd have to do something that explains the ending (and the only thing worse than the ending is the idea of "pay $10+ for the real ending") or they'd just be re-arranging the deck chairs.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kage_53

ME4 should exist. My renegade shepard approves it. Also it makes sense anyway since renegade seems the canon. In ME2 the game assumes Shepard followed the renegade path for ME1. In ME3 the game assumes shepard followed the renegade path in ME2. The only part that I don't understand is why is controlling the Repears a paragon choice. If Shepard was truly following the paragon path then the Repears should be destroyed not being controlled. You even get the Repears Heart to lower the requirements needed to destroy the Repears if you destroyed the Collector Base. The post credits also provide proof. Kid asks for one more story about Shepard and the person next to him says "Ok. One more story."

Also it's EA here. We know they want more MEs released.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 110million

Reading too much into it, the the next story could very well be some piece of DLC or something even if it was meant as a hint.

Bioware needs to move on.  

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Lou Holtz and Dick Vitale talking > Mass Effect 3 ending.

Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Slow_Show

Not looking good for the indoctrination theory: turns out that at the lowest EMS levels, you don't get a choice of endings (only one floor section pops up). Meaning that when faced with a borderline inadequate enemy force (the kind that really should result in the Catalyst being destroyed before ever reaching the Citadel), Harbinger's fiendishly Machiavellian plan is to... force you to choose the "defiance" option. Huh.

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts
Link Looks like GS is still defending the one thing about the game that doesn't deserve to be defended. I was already going to forgive the DLC and the other gameplay quirks because the story was all that mattered to me. Now even as a hardcore fan (who has yet to play the game for the record), I find this whole thing inexcusable.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jg4xchamp
It's like they don't actually get why people are annoyed.
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

Gamespot is all about making things more stupid so people go on to complain and GS gets more views. I mean they made an article on Poison's gender for **** sake.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

The ending blows for several reasons. First, it seems like it was just shoehorned into the game. It doesnt fit with the rest of the story and there are obvious discontinuities in it. Two of my squadmates were with me in the final push, then suddenly they are on the Normandy at the end game. Furthermore, what the fck is the Normandy doing? How did it go from being in the final battle to racing through some kind of distant mass effect relay? It just seems like they wanted to have it land on some distant and undeveloped garden planet and cared less how it got there.

What happens to the rest of the mass effect universe? Didnt they say that destroying a mass effect relay would cause tremendous damage to the system it was in? In that case, is the allied fleet also destroyed when the citadel and relays go up? Are the worlds in each system with a relay ravaged?

The "good ending" is worthless. What's the point of that 1 second clip. You blew up every synthetic thing in the galaxy. Doesnt that mean that Shephard would die anyways?

It seems they made the game then just tacked on this ending. Asshats.

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CJL13

http://bumbabroadsides.wordpress.com/2012/03/15/hold-the-line-gamers-organizers-and-a-new-brand-of-protest/

Bioware's starting to feel the pain.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 110million

OMG GUYS:

THE FINAL HOURS

:| 

Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Slow_Show

Link Looks like GS is still defending the one thing about the game that doesn't deserve to be defended. I was already going to forgive the DLC and the other gameplay quirks because the story was all that mattered to me. Now even as a hardcore fan (who has yet to play the game for the record), I find this whole thing inexcusable.SpiritOfFire117

They're not defending the quality of the end, but BioWare's right as the creator to follow their creative vision. You can be as critical of their choice as you like, but if that's the way BioWare thought the trilogy should end then that's the way the trilogy should end; trying to petition them to change it after the fact is a special kind of stupid.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kage_53

That article is a POS. "But...but its art!!!11!! :cry:". And it's the same person who did that article about Helper. It has bad writing and lacks closure.

Not looking good for the indoctrination theory: turns out that at the lowest EMS levels, you don't get a choice of endings (only one floor section pops up). Meaning that when faced with a borderline inadequate enemy force (the kind that really should result in the Catalyst being destroyed before ever reaching the Citadel), Harbinger's fiendishly Machiavellian plan is to... force you to choose the "defiance" option. Huh.

Slow_Show
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9727423

They're not defending the quality of the end, but BioWare's right as the creator to follow their creative vision. You can be as critical of their choice as you like, but if that's the way BioWare thought the trilogy should end then that's the way the trilogy should end; trying to petition them to change it after the fact is a special kind of stupid.

Slow_Show
If they care about money they will do it. There is a reason why Bethesda changed Fallout 3's ending.

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]Link Looks like GS is still defending the one thing about the game that doesn't deserve to be defended. I was already going to forgive the DLC and the other gameplay quirks because the story was all that mattered to me. Now even as a hardcore fan (who has yet to play the game for the record), I find this whole thing inexcusable.Slow_Show

Oh I'm not supporting that dumb petition in any way, and I can respect Bioware standing by their position even if I disagree with it. It's just that GS has made a ton of articles lately defending almost every decision choice on the game's development whether good or bad.
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kage_53

[QUOTE="Slow_Show"]

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]Link Looks like GS is still defending the one thing about the game that doesn't deserve to be defended. I was already going to forgive the DLC and the other gameplay quirks because the story was all that mattered to me. Now even as a hardcore fan (who has yet to play the game for the record), I find this whole thing inexcusable.SpiritOfFire117

Oh I'm not supporting that dumb petition in any way, and I can respect Bioware standing by their position even if I disagree with it. It's just that GS has made a ton of articles lately defending almost every decision choice on the game's development whether good or bad.

That's because they are being paid to do it

/conspiracy theory.

jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 jechtshot78
Member since 2004 • 29851 Posts

Leaked image from the Post ending DLC:

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I find it interesting that the only people praising the ending are review sources. I read a review today from a local hipster paper, and the guy made it seem like it was the prefect ending for the series. I was like: "lolwut?"
Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

So the Witcher 2 got criticism from the media for the bad ending, but the same people ride Bioware's d**k for the Mass Effect 3 ending? Videogame journalism is a f***ing joke.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 110million

So the Witcher 2 got criticism from the media for the bad ending, but the same people ride Bioware's d**k for the Mass Effect 3 ending? Videogame journalism is a f***ing joke.

organic_machine

Well Witcher 2 is a lot more 'now it's time for them to move on to the next chapter of the story' kind of ending, seeing as it isn't the end of a trilogy.  

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CJL13

Apparently the original idea behind the Reapers was this:

The lead writer for ME1, and co-writer for ME2, confirmed that that was going to be the Reaper's motivations. Dark energy was causing the death of the galaxy, so the Reapers would leave dark energy-based tech (mass effect technology) around the galaxy, encourage civilizations to build civilizations around it and use it for a couple thousand years or so, reap them before their usage reached dangerous levels, and then use the harvested minds to add to a massive billions of year old computing system out in dark space trying to figure out new innovative ways to stop it, based on the thinking of countless species.

That would have been 10x better than what we got, especially because the "central theme" that randomly shows up in the last 10 minutes of the the game was only present in the background of the first game and it was never hinted at that that was the idea you were supposed to get out of the games. Although I think there would be some problems with that too. Still doesn't make sense why they brought up "dark energy" so much in 2 and then just completely dropped it.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 110million
Yeah that ending with the dark energy would have been kind of weird, but if they spent the last game focusing on it better, I could see myself accepting it better.

It's also much better than the current ending, as everything is much better than the current ending.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
I kind of liked the concept of the ending, but the execution was pretty bad. There are so many problems with it. Other than that the game was good. I enjoyed it a lot.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
It should have been like this: Paragon ending ~ Reapers eliminated, Shepard walks off into the sunset with his romantic interest, roll credits. Renegade ending ~ Reapers eliminated, Shepard sits down in Illusive Man's chair, lights up a smoke, camera pans back to show Illusive Man's corpse lying on floor, roll credits. It would have been cliche, but it would have been an ending. I would be satisfied with that.
Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Slow_Show

The problem with dark energy is the first two games kept harping on about how the Reapers are beyond human comprehension, and stopping organic life from annihilating the galaxy sounds pretty reasonable, all things considered.

I agree with AAllxxjjnn, it's more an issue of execution than anything else. All you really have to do is:

-Replace the kid with Anderson, with Shepard somehow responsible for his death. It gives the intro far more punch, lets you do some great stuff with the dream sequences (Anderson questioning Shepard's decisions instead of "follow the goddamn kid around"), and works a hell of a lot better for the Catalyst (Anderson was Shepard's mentor, it helps brings the game and series full circle, and Keith David brings a hell of a lot more gravitas to the table).

-Show the darker side of synthetic life. The Geth and EDI plotlines are all about how great synthetic life is -- it's not blinded by emotion while still being able to feel something equivalent to emotions -- so the destroy ending and Reaper motivation make zero goddamn sense. Have EDI disobey orders due to her sense of self-preservation and the Geth make some cold, calculating decision that boils down to "we're immortal and you're not" and all of a sudden everything is a bit more ambiguous.

-Similarly, the control ending has to be more ambiguous by pointing out that it isn't inherently evil -- the Alliance is going to be virtually destroyed in the final battle, so keeping the Reapers around can be seen as a way to help rebuild civilization and maintain peace.

-Instead of synthesis, the third option is to send out a signal that destroys the Reapers, but also the mass relays, effectively ending conflict between races by fencing them off from eachother (who cares about the Geth turning to the Reapers 2.0 if they can't traverse the galaxy fast enough to actually do their reaping?). The alien races that are now trapped in Sol (which isn't an issue on account of the Citadel and other planets) are kinda pissed, but it's overall a bittersweet ending of "we're all trapped here, but at least we're all here".

-Come up with some unique, coherent ending cinematics.

Boom. Reapers defeated and some nice closure while still keeping things ambiguous and unsettling. Call me, BioWare.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kage_53

It should have been like this: Paragon ending ~ Reapers eliminated, Shepard walks off into the sunset with his romantic interest, roll credits. Renegade ending ~ Reapers eliminated, Shepard sits down in Illusive Man's chair, lights up a smoke, camera pans back to show Illusive Man's corpse lying on floor, roll credits. It would have been cliche, but it would have been an ending. I would be satisfied with that.foxhound_fox
Who cares if Shepard is alive or not ? The fact is the ending scenes are stupid as hell. Why would joker be piloting the normandy for starters ? How does one of my party members appear on the crashed planet just like that ? Why does the paragon ending have to be about controling the repears when it makes more sense for the renegade option and the same thing with the destroy option ? What happens to the rest of my team ? What happened to the result of my choices (curing genophage, stoping the war between the geth and quarians ). No real closure at all. And here i thought MGS4's ending sucked hard..

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CJL13

http://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effect-3-not-happy-ending-choose-one-these-20-alternative-endings-instead/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

I still don't get what each ending really means. It seems that they are all so similar in that all the mass relays and the citadel are destroyed. So galactic civilization is massively crippled in that regard. Whatever universe existed before is now extremely cut off from itself regardless of the "choice" you make at the end.

Is the universe massively ravaged by the destruction of the relays? They make mention in the game that destroying a relay is a bad thing and will cause havoc in its local system. So are all the systems with a relay in them massively damaged?

What happened to the alliance and allied fleets that warped in to fight the reapers? Are they still alive or were they annihilated when the relay went up?

What does the control the reapers ending really give you? You control them to what purpose? The relays are down so how does having them really help?

The synthetic ending needs more expounding as well. What does that really mean?

It's like they cut and pasted this ending onto the rest of the mass effect story and it just doesnt fit. That's what I dont like about it - that it's incredibly nebulous and disconnected.

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 CJL13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_832874&v=vG4EyfXOTJ4&src_vid=L4iNJXrHA_I&feature=iv

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 110million

Another better ending in a single image:

http://i.imgur.com/D1Bwl.jpg

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#47 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Just finished. Synthesis ending.

Crap. But I'm realizing that any other ending would have been crap too.

[spoiler] Just saw Joker Edi and Traynor at the end. Good for Joker, trapped with a mech and a lesbian. [/spoiler]

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kage_53

Another better ending in a single image:

http://i.imgur.com/D1Bwl.jpg

110million

Amazing...whoever drew that. Anyway, anyone up for some mp ? (PC version). I solod the geth earlier today on bronze as a level 15 infiltrator. Those time based objectives were annoying as hell though.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kage_53
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/mass-effect-3-ending-changed-video-gamer-backlash-bioware-announces-article-1.1048196?localLinksEnabled=false We gets teh new ending
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CJL13

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/mass-effect-3-ending-changed-video-gamer-backlash-bioware-announces-article-1.1048196?localLinksEnabled=false We gets teh new endingkage_53

Like that'll stop all the b!tching.